Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a Hero...

2 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

I need a Hero... - Page 4 Empty Re: I need a Hero...

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Alfred froze up when he heard Arthur's voice. Crap he was awake! He stood there for a moment with his mouth open, trying to think of something, anything, but his leg throbbing slowed the process down. Finally, after a few moments he found his voice. "S-Sorry... did I wake you?" He asked giving a weak smile.

He then hobbled more into the room, wincing with each step. "Ah, and don't worry about me. I...I... I fell down." He gave a wave of his hand. "I was rushing to- to get out of class, and then I fell down and skinned up my leg pretty bad." He started to make his way over to the bathroom.

"You don't have to worry though, It's actually not as bad as it looks!" He flashed a smile at Arthur. "I'm just going to go doctor it in the bathroom... Don't worry I'll clean up this time~."

When he made it to the bathroom, Alfred took off his satchel and left on the floor by the door, so he could grab it when he got out. He then got into the small room and closed the door, and looked for the first aid kit. When he found it, he placed it on the counter, and lifted up his pant leg, to see the damage.

The wound had sealed up, but it was red, and swollen. Great. He was going to have to re-open it. This was going to hurt... Alfred rumagged through the first aid kit, and found a small pair or sicissors, which he washed with soap and hot water, before he positioned it, the blades pointing at his wound.

"Okay... deep breath." He told himself. With an intake of air, Alfred quickly stabbed the wound open again, and couldn't help but let out a cry of pain. He then dug out the little piece of meltal and threw it away. He did the same to the area where he got hit on the chest. Then with shaky hands he began to bandage himself up.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Arthur bit his lips, cursing his ankle for making him unable to move. "You idiot... What have you been doing with yourself..?! Haven't I told you to be more careful! Honestly! You're going to kill yourself if you keep this up!" Arthur then got out of bed and crawled all the way over the desk to grab the wooden chair. He then used it to help him stand up and walk over towards Alfred. It was painful, he had to admit, but what Alfred was going through is even more painful. So, he had no right to complain.

He then saw Alfred's wounds. Arthur concluded that the other man had been shot or stabbed or something like that but, if he were, how did he manage to escape? And if someone had helped him, why didn't they bring him to the hospital?! Why did they leave Alfred all alone to walk back all the way to the dormitory?! Those heartless bastards!

When he saw how Alfred was shaking while bandaging his wounds, he decided to step in and help him. He then moved closer to Alfred and sat on the chair that he was using as a support to help him stand up. He let out a pained gasp as he shifted onto a comfortable position and took the bandages from Alfred. "Idiot.. Let me.. do at least.. this much."

He then started to gently wrap the bandages around Alfred, careful not to hurt Alfred some more but also making it tight and secure.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Alfred blinked when Arthur was suddenly there and took the bandages from him, and started to do them up himself. "No, it's okay Artie..." Alfred started to protest, but stopped as Arthur didn't listen and conitnued to bandage him up. He was doing a better job then he was earlier.

Alfred winced and whimpered a bit until Arthur was done, at which he let out a sigh. "Thanks Arthur..." He said softly giving Arthur a tired look. "Now, lets get you off that ankle..." He reached and wrapped his arms around Arthur, before he lifted him and held him close to his chest. He moved carefully out of the bathroom, and headed back towrards the bed laid Arthur down gently. He then climbed in next to him.

"Good thing classes are still canceled huh?" He gave a weak smile at their situation, not realizing that he had slipped up in revealing that classes were indeed canceled.

Alfred then let out a sigh and closed his eyes, feeling rather drained. He hoped Arthur wouldn't ask any questions... but he more then likely would considering he saw his injury. No skin wound looked like that... Maybe after some sleep he could think of a good enough story?
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Arthur ignored Alfred when he told Arthur that it was was all right and that he should stop bandaging his wounds. He just sent the other man a glare and continued to do his work. Really, this man doesn't know how to take care of himself. He knows that being in love while young caused people to do some crazy things but this, this is ridiculous!

When he was done wrapping Alfred's injuries, he gave a satisfied sigh. Well, at least, that was taken care of. He just hoped that Alfred didn't do anything else that could make him get even more injured than he already is. When the other thanked him, he just crossed his arms and huffed. "If you really want to thank me, then you could start by not getting yourself into these kinds of situations as you sneak off at night, you wanker!" Honestly, did he enjoy making Arthur worry about him so much?!

Arthur let out a surprised yelp as Alfred lifted him up from his chair and carried him close to his chest. "You, idiot! Let me down this instant!" He said, while pinching the other man's cheeks since he could not do anything else since he was already injured. But, Alfred was a hard-headed fool and continued to carry him until he had laid him down on their bed.

He then felt Alfred climb on the bed and lie down next to him. Arthur saw the tired look in the other's eyes and he felt sorry for him. He stroked the other man's hair, when he heard Alfred say that classes were indeed cancelled, he stopped. It wasn't really a surprise though, was it..? He had already seen through Alfred's lies after all. He was seeing someone during the night, what else could he have been doing? But, he was always coming back home injured. So, maybe, he was doing something else..?

Arthur frowned. He was upset that the other would be lying to him. He would have understood if Alfred had said that he had to do something at night that he couldn't tell Arthur, but he chose to lie instead. He frowned as he remembered that Alfred had told him that he was his friend. Maybe, the other was lying about that too...

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Alfred sighed when Arthur started to stroke his hair for awhile. But he had a bad feeling in his chest. Especially after Arthur's words: "Then you could start by not getting yourself in theis kinds of situations as you sneak off at night you wanker!" He knew that he was sneaking around at night... Arthur kept worrying about him and now he knew he was lying to him.

Alfred whimpered and turned so his face was in the pillow. He was hurting Arthur by lying to him and making him worry. Some hero he turned out to be.... but if he told Arthur what would Arthur do? Would he call him a freak? Unnatural? Would he be mad him for not telling him the entire time? Would he avoid him? Alfred didn't like any of those thoughts. He and Arthur had just become friends, and Arthur was really the only person he talked to... He didn't want him to go away...

But what could he do?

The bad feeling in his chest continued and Alfred turned over and gave Arthur a quick sad look when the other wasn't looking. It was then he decided that he wouldn't lie to Arthur anymore... it actaully caused more harm them it did good. But at the same token, he wouldn't tell the truth either. Not unless Arthur managed to piece it together himself. If he came out and asked him... Alfred would then tell him the truth...

After awhile, Alfred finally went to sleep, though it wasn't peacful, as he was plauge by his nightmares, evident from the tiny whimpers he gave out and the frown on his face.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Arthur sighed as he couldn't go to sleep. He was far too upset to even want to go to sleep. And, he had just woken up too. He sighed and sat up against the headboard, careful so that he doesn't disturb Alfred who was resting right beside him. He could really use some yarn and knitting needles. That could have distracted him greatly.

He snapped out from his thoughts though when he heard Alfred whimper and shift around in bed, with a frown on his face. What could the other be dreaming about? Arthur doesn't know and he probably figured that he shouldn't bother asking since Alfred would surely lie to him. But, even if that were the case, Arthur couldn't just leave Alfred like this. And also, for the fact the he hadn't lied when he had said that Alfred was his first true friend.

He then started to ease back down on to the bed and hesitantly put his arm around Alfred. He closed his eyes to forget how close he was to the other man and rubbed the other man's back in circles, trying to comfort him. His face was reddening as time passed by since he really doesn't know what he was doing and this kind of thing only worked with kids, right? But, he didn't really know what else he could do.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 02, 2012 3:25 pm

In Alfred's dream, he was in the past... It was dark and cold, and he could hear Gilbert screaming from far away. Evntually a man came for him and grabbed him by the arm and roughly pulled him to his feet, and dragged him down a long hallway, to whre Gilbert's screams increased in volume. He was then roughly strapped to a chair, and a bunch of needles were thrusted into him, and before he knew it the world started to spin around him, and it felt like his body was being ripped apart.

Tears fell down Alfred's face as he continued to dream, and more whimpers coming from his mouth. When Arthur put his arm around him though, and started to rub his back, he started to quiet down. His own arms moved and wrapped aroung Arthur bringing himself closer to him, as he sought out comfort.

A few more tears slid down his face, but after being close to Arthur and his warmth, they soon stopped and Alfred's sleep turnd into a peacfull dreamless one.

~~~

Later on in the day, close to afternoon, Alfred mumbled and shifted, nuzzeling the pillow he was holding onto. It was weird though, because his pillow didn't feel like a pillow... But whatever it was felt nice. Alfred slowly opened his eyes and saw that it was Arthur who he was holding onto. His cheeks turned red with blush.

He moved his arms from around Arthur and got up, putting his hands out in a surrender like fashion. "I-I'm sorry, I uh... I didn't mean for that to um..." He tried to find the right words to say, after waking up in that awkward situation, but couldn't.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Arthur was surprised when Alfred had started crying in his sleep. Arthur panicked as he did not know what to do! He gulped and tried to move closer which he found to be quite impossible with Alfred’s position so he just continued to rub at the other’s back, and also said some words reassuring him that everything would be all right and that he was there and he won't leave him alone nor would he let anyone hurt him.

When Alfred's tears have slowed and his whimpers were gone, Arthur sighed in relief. It seemed that his plan had worked. He let out a surprised gasp as he felt Alfred wrap his arms around Arthur and cling on to him, looking for comfort. He didn't protest nor did he push Alfred away seeing as the other looked like he needed it. Instead, he hugged the younger man back now that it was easy to do so.

He couldn't help but to feel bad for Alfred. The young man must have been traumatized when he was younger to have dreams that would make him shed tears like this. Could it be that it has something to do with what Alfred was hiding from him? Arthur sighed. It really has got nothing to do with him. He knows that. Alfred could do whatever he wants. He could lie to whoever he wants, he could go home bruised and injured whenever he wants and he could also sneak out at night whenever he wants. Arthur had no right to restrain him. But, Alfred would take better care of himself.

He pulled Alfred closer to his chest and hugged him tightly, as if he was afraid to let the other man go out into the night once again.

--

Arthur couldn't stop blushing though when Alfred had finally felt calm because the other was smiling and cuddling and nuzzling onto him and he was just too close! Arthur didn't want to push the other away because if he did, the other might start crying again and because he secretly liked the feeling of being needed. He closed his eyes and leaned against the other, enjoying the other's warmth, smiling a little bit.

His smile faded though when Alfred woke up and jumped away from him. Well, he did understand that it was awkward to wake up with a man next to you, especially if said men had huge eyebrows. And seeing Arthur's face must have scared him. Arthur looked away and hid under the covers. "It's fine."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Alfred gave a worried frown when he saw Arthur hid under the covers. Did he hurt him by accident? He bet he had no control over his strength in his sleep. Alfred quickly felt guilty. "Did I hurt you?" He asked quietly. "Arthur I'm really sorry. I-I sware I didn't mean it if I did hurt you. You just felt so warm and safe and-" Alfred blushed as he heard the words coming out of his mouth. He quickly hid his red face in his hands. "I must be making you feel so awkward... Especially since you woke up with me hugging all on you..."

Alfred was then quiet for a moment before he got up. "I know! How about I get you some food to make up for it? You're hungry right? I'll be right back!" He made his way to the door, walking on both of his feet just fine, like he didn't even hurt his leg last night.

He made his way to the dinning hall quickly, though not as fast as he could go, since his leg did still hurt him, but just a little bit. Alfred scanned all of the food that was there, and grabbed a armful of stuff he thought Arthur would like. He got some biscuts, some sandwiches, packs of cookies, and a bunch of other little snacks.

"Here you go!" Alfred smiled as he came in a few moments later, and dumped the load of food onto Arthur's lap while he was still in the bed.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Arthur took a peak from out from under when Alfred had asked him if he hurt him. He was about to say something but then he was cut off by Alfred's ranting. He took that time to slowly sit up straight once again, waiting for Alfred to finish his little speech. Arthur found it quite adorable that the young man was embarrassed, hiding his face in his hands. Arthur chuckled a bit. "Idiot, I'm not hurt. Don't worry.."

"I... I did feel a bit awkward..." He admitted, flushing bright pink as he remembered how close Alfred was. "B-but, it's not your fault.. I.. I was the one who.." He coughed in his fist. ".. initiated it." Arthur finished lamely, not looking at the other. "I'm truly sorry for that. I.. I was feeling rather chilly." Well, that wasn't really a lie since he did feel a bit cold, but, he didn't really want to embarrass the other man than he already was if he told him that he clung on to him because he was crying as he slept.

Arthur felt a bit nervous as Alfred suddenly grew quiet. It seemed that the other was thinking about something. "What is it..?" He asked, trying to get rid of the awkward silence that surrounds them.

When Alfred mentioned getting food for the two of them, Arthur blinked. Well, it was true. He hadn't eaten since this morning but he hadn't really felt all that hungry. He watched Alfred leave the room and felt bad that he was asking Alfred, who was a lot more injured than he was, to go and get some food for him. He cursed his ankle once again.

When Alfred had returned, Arthur was surprised to be showered with lots of sweets and snacks. It wasn't the kind of food that he was expecting but he was grateful, nonetheless. "Thank you.." He mumbled as he tried to open the bag of biscuits(cookies). He took a piece out and ate it. It tasted good and then he offered some to Alfred. "Would you like some..?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Alfed hesitated when Arthur offered him some food. Sure he was hungry, but he got that food for Arthur. Was it really okay to take it? But then again Arthur was offering, so it was okay right? After a moment, Alfred nodded and took some of the offered biscuts. "Thanks Artie!" He gave a smile before quickly eating them.

Alfred then thought back to what Arthur said earlier. He blushed a bit and coughed into his fist. "Y-You don't have to be sorry Arthur... A-And... I don't really mind. I mean if you get chilly agian..." He trailed off into a bit of awkward silence.

He shifted on his feet a bit before he gave a suggestion. "How about some television?" He walked across the room and turned on the small screen. He grabbed the remote and was going to hand it to Arthur when he stopped when he heard the news.

"And there have been strange fire outbreaks happening across town. A college dorm was set on fire, and just last night a home was set ablaze. Firemen don't know the cause but perhaps this video can shed some light on that? This video was taken last night by one of the residents of the burning home...."

Alfred's mouth fell open as he saw himself on the screen as 'White Star' talking to Gilbert. He watched as the battle from last night was replayed before his eyes.

"It seems not only do we have a superhero in town, but a villian as well." The newscaster continued on. "Many people are starting to call the strange man, 'Fury Flame'. But will we really be safe from this villian?"

The video was shown again, and Alfred watched as he got shot in the leg by Gilbert, making him cry out in pain.

"We can only hope that our new defender is not down for the count..."

Alfred stared at the screen for a long second, before he remembered that Arthur was in the room... Wait! He heard the news, he wouldn't have been able to find out because of that right? Alfred hoped not. He turned around and tried to give a worried look. "It seems like White Star got hurt...But I'm sure he's okay. I-I mean he is a hero after all..."
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 03, 2012 12:10 am

"It's fine, really." He said, trying to offer the biscuits to the other man once again. He probably thought that he needed to buy him some food in order to make it up to him but it really wasn't necessary. Arthur didn't see what was so bad about hugging him, especially since the other had not meant it since he was fast asleep when he did.

He choked on the biscuit when Alfred had implied that it was all right for Arthur to initiate hugs whenever he felt chilly during the night. But, thankfully, he got over it quite fast, not needing any water like the last time."Y-you.." He blushed, looking away from the other man. "I-If you insist..." He mumbled out, barely a whisper.

Arthur nodded at the mention of television as it could lessen the awkwardness that surrounds them. But, he was wrong. His eyes widened at the news. White Star got injured last night because of this 'Fury Flame' that had just showed up. And those things that Fury Flame used against White Star, they were the exact same things that he found in the trash bin! And, the places where they were injured! It was exactly the same! There was no mistaking it. Alfred F. Jones, his roommate, his classmate and his friend, was White Star, the superhero.

Arthur gulped. Now, it all made sense why Alfred left at night and how he always gets injured when he goes back home. But, maybe, he was overthinking things? These things could happen coincidentally! But, he also couldn't ignore all of the evidence that was right in front of him.

Arthur looked at Alfred with confusion evident in his eyes. He wanted to know. He needed to know. His eyebrows then furrowed and stared at Alfred, looking determined. "Alfred, are you, perhaps, White Star..?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 am

When Alfred heard Arthur's question all he could was stare at him in shock with his mouth open wide. He had figured him out! And so soon! What was he going to do?! Well... he had to tell him didn't he? That's what he decided on awhile ago... but he didn't think it would be this soon! He didn't want Arthur to think of him as some 'freak' and never speak to him again. Or worse! What if Arthur revealed his identity, and he ended up back at the lab he had managed to get away from! Alfred couldn't go back there, he wouldn't!

Alfred stayed like that for a long moment, his mouth still open as he internally panicked. He couldn't lie to Arthur, and he couldn't not answer him.... The television continue to play in the background, but it just sounded like muddled voices to Alfred.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Alfred nodded and let out a whimper. "I-I'm sorry..." He then quickly looked up at Arthur with a bit of fear in his eyes. "But I swear I won't hurt you Artie! I really won't! And if I ever did I-I didn't mean too. I just wanna help people and, save them and do good and, and-" Alfred backed up and bumped into the wall, as he started to ramble on, panic obviously on his face.

"You.... You won't tell anyone, will you?" Alfred asked in a quiet voice, his body tense and shaking, as if ready to sprint away if he needed too.

Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Arthur knew the answer when Alfred paled and backed against the wall. He didn't want to force the other into telling him. After all, superheroes were supposed to keep their identities, right? And, it's not like it would kill Arthur if Alfred didn't tell him. "It's all right, Alfred." He said, finally breaking the silence. "You don't have to tell me."

He was a bit surprised when Alfred finally nodded. Well, that was it. It was Alfred himself who had confirmed it. "..You.. You really are... White Star.." Arthur's eyes widened and he suddenly felt really nervous. So, what now? He now knows that Alfred was White Star, does that mean that Alfred was going to get rid of him now? No! Alfred won't ever do that! But, no one was supposed to know your superhero identity.. so, Arthur didn't really know what to think anymore.

But, then he heard Alfred apologize for things that need not to be sorry for. He sighed in relief as he knew that Alfred truly was a good man. "You don't have to say you're sorry. I know that you won't do evil things." He said, smiling a bit. "I know that you don't want to hurt people. And, I also want to thank you for saving me..." He flushed a bit, embarrassed by how many times he had been saved by the other man. "A-Although, I never asked you to.." He huffed, trying to hide his embarrassment.

When Alfred asked him if he would tell anyone, Arthur was offended. Did he really not trust Arthur at all? But, he guessed that if he were in Alfred's shoes, he would be suspicious of him too. "I won't tell anyone." He promised. "A-Although, I wish you would stop being so vain." He teased, trying to lift the tension that was surrounding them. "... Always talking about yourself and bringing yourself up in conversations.."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 pm

When he heard that Arhtur wouldn't tell anyone, he closed his eyes and let out a long sigh. He then opened them again and blinked when Arthur had called him vain. "H-Hey!" He blushed a bit. "I-I'm not vain. I was just trying to get information and, a-and see how much you knew. I know you're smart, So I was tyring to see if you were onto me..."

He blushed too when Arthur thanked him for saving him. "Well that's what a hero does... A-And, I wanted to protect you. You've been so nice to me, and you're my best and only friend..."

Alfred then started to relax some more and moved closer to Arthur. "C-Can I have some more biscuits?" He asked a bit hesitantly. He was still hungry and he thought since Arthur knew now, he shouldn't try to hide himself around Arthur anymore, which included his large appetite.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Arthur huffed. "I wouldn't have suspected anything though if you came home on time and if you didn't give yourself away just like you did. I'm not that smart..." He huffed, trying to hide his embarrassment from Alfred's compliments. He really wouldn't have suspected a thing, really. "I.. I almost thought that you were meeting someone at night and that you didn't want to tell me.." He flushed, now feeling really embarrassed for even thinking such a thing.

"B-but! Don't get me wrong! It's not like I care who you go out with! It doesn't concern me at all! I was just worried because you always came back home with injuries! N-not that I was worried about you! I just.. I didn't want to be accused of being an abusive roommate!" He ranted, not knowing what he was saying anymore.

But he snapped out from his thoughts when Alfred started to call him his best friend. For some reason, he was happy to know that he was Alfred's best friend but another part of him felt sad. He didn't know why though but it made him feel a little bit disappointed. But that didn't stop him from feeling embarrassed. He then just offered the biscuits over to Alfred. "H-Here! Just take them already!"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Thu May 03, 2012 2:08 pm

"Meeting someone?" Alfred tilted his head in thought of the notion. He then gave a small laugh. "Even if I was meeting someone it would have been short lived. They wouldn't have wanted to stay with me..." He gave a frown. "I wouldn't be able to hide my powers all the time... and they wouldn't want a 'freak' like me..."

Alfred was quiet for a moment, but then his eyes lit up when Arthur thrusted the biscuits at him. "Thanks Artie! You're the best!" He ate the biscuits at a really fast rate, and sighed when there wasn't anymore left. "They needed to invent a snack food that you can never finish..." He mumbled before he licked his fingers.

He then thought to himself silently. He was surprised he hadn't recieved any questions from Arthur yet. Like about how he got his powers? If he was really human? or anything of that sort. But then again, Arthur had never asked questions before... Well not many anway... But even if he didn't ask questions, Arthur knew his identity now. But instead of that making him feel bad, it acatually made him feel better. Like a load was lifted off his shoulders.

He would be able to be himself more around Arthur. He would be able to talk to someone about his night patrol and the different things he saw, or did. He didn't have to lie anymore, and he didn't have to hurt Arthur with his lying.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Arthur frowned. Not when he was, once again, called by that horrid nickname but when the other had called himself a freak.What would make him think that? "Alfred, you idiot. I don't think that you are a freak." And then, he realized what he just implied. "N-not that it has anything to do with me! I-I mean--!" He covered his mouth so that he can avoid saying even more embarrassing things.

He coughed in his fist and ignored the weird feeling coming from his chest. "W-what I meant was.. If you had tried to even court a lady, then you would have a good chance of finding love with her! I mean, you're kind, you're strong, and you're... handsome too. A-and! After all, people love White Star." He said, nodding at his own words. "I'm sure you could get anyone you set your eyes on..."

And then, all of a sudden, Arthur felt a bit nervous. Did Alfred already have someone whom he likes? Is that why he was sad? "Um, well, do you already have someone that you fancy?" He asked, a little bit like a whisper.

Arthur shook his head. Arthur didn't know if he would like to hear the answer or not. "N-nevermind!" He turned his attention back to the television and wondered how all this happened. Who was this Fury Flame Guy? What did he want with Alfred? Did they know each other? Arthur was curious, so, he asked. "Alfred, just who is this Fury Flame and what is his purpose of coming here? It's bad enough that we already have a lot criminals.. Now, we have a villain as well."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Alfred blushed at the compliments Arthur gave him. He didn't think anyone really thought that of him. Sure he saved people but people where always scared of stuff they couldn't uderstand, or couldn't control. Like his powers...

Anyone he could set his eyes on... Alfred thought of this for a second as he stared at Arthur. He noticed how cute he looked with that embaressed blush on his face, and the way his eyebrows furrowed slightly and- Wait... what was that weird feeling in his chest?

Alfred blinked and came out of his thoughts when he heard Arthur's question. "Fancy?" He then shook his head. "No, I don't have someone like that. I don't really talk to anyone besieds you." He then gave a smile. "But that's okay, because I like just hanging out and talking to you."

At the mention of Fury Flame though he frowned. "Oh that's Gilbert. He has powers like me... We were actually close friends back at the-" Alfred swallowed a bit and he turned a bit pale. "The lab we were held in..." Alfred then bit his lip before he looked up at Arthur. "But I don't think he's evil! He's just... angry and hurt..."

Alfred rubbed at his arm and looked down at the ground. "You know we actually used to be normal... We used to not have powers..."
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Arthur's heart fell when the other mentioned that he didn't have anyone that he fancied. But, he was sure that he would also feel that way even if the other had said that there was someone that he fancied. He didn't know why he felt that way though. Why was he so affected? "Oh, is that so..?" He forced out a chuckle, and looking away. He didn't want Alfred to see his expression. He wished that Alfred had not told him.

"Well, I guess that you should go out there and talk to other people then? I'm sure that people would love your personality. After all, you got a person like me to talk to you..." He stressed the word 'me' as he was disgusted of himself. He didn't know why Alfred was even friends with him. But, Alfred wouldn't be friends with him if he hadn't become his roommate. He really wasn't all that special so why compare others to himself? Arthur didn't see the point.

But, he decided to just stop wallowing in self-pity and focus on more important things. "You were friends..? Lab..? You.. didn't have any powers..?" Arthur blinked. What was he saying? He didn't have any powers before? And, what did he mean by 'when they were at the lab'? Could it be that they were used as test subjects? "Alfred..." He frowned. Could it be that this was the reason that Alfred was having nightmares as well? "I.. I'm so sorry.. I.. I shouldn't have asked..."

But, he was glad that he did because now, he can understand the other more. And now, Alfred won't try and hide things from him. Now, he could help him whenever he was in trouble. Even though Arthur didn't have any superpowers or anything like that, he could try and help him by being there for him whenever he gets injured, to bring him food whenever he gets hungry, to watch over him as he slept so he wouldn't get any nightmares and things like that.

Arthur stared at Alfred. "I.. I hope that you would tell where you are going next time.. A-and.. I hope that you would let me help you.."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 am

Alfred blinked when Arthur turned away from him. "But you're great Arthur, and I love talking to you.... and I don't need anyone else to hang out with, since I have you." He smiled when he said this. "And since you know now, I can tell you where I go! But I don't want you getting hurt..."

But then at the questions he frowned. "N-No, it's okay... I haven't ever spoke of it..." He took in a big breath and clenched his fists at his sides, he might as well tell Arthur the story. It would clear up a lot of questions, and in a way Alfred wanted Arthur to know... "Yeah, me and Gilbert were friends..." He gave a sad smile. "I actually didn't meet him until we were in the lab...." Alfred stopped for a second to swallow. "I was thirteen when my parents died in a car accident... I was suddenly alone, and I had no other relatives to take care of me. I was sent to the lab, it was being falsely called a orphanage. I-I met Gilbert there, we shared the same room at the time. His father had passed away and he was sent there too.

For awhile we were okay. Sure we ate strange food, did weird exercises, and was sent to their doctors every week... but we had each other and some of the others there. We were constantly told that we were going to help the country. That we would... be the best out there. I thought they were just encouraging us for when we would get to leave... like how the older kids were leaving. We were never allowed outside, so I longed for when I would be old enough to leave. But that was just it. No one left..." Alfred started to shake.

"When we found out, it was too late. Gilbert... He went to look for another one of his friends... I think his name was Antonio... He was one of the ones that was ready to leave. He said he wanted to say goodbye since he would 'leave' soon. But when Gilbert came back to our room, his eyes were wide. He told me how... How he heard Antonio screaming and in pain, and then it got all quiet... He saw some of the doctors carrying him away... But his entire body was... black... like... he was burned. We got scared and decided to escape together." Tears started to roll down Alfred's face.

"But it was that night that we got taken." Alfred's voice hitched and he stopped for a second and looked at the floor. "We were pulled from our beds. They took us to these strange rooms. They strapped us to these chairs, and stuck needles in us." He twitched at the word 'needle'. "I-I was in so much pain... They were... putting chemicals in us. Trying to re-arrange our DNA. Every part of me felt like it was getting stretched and ripped opened and the pain was unbearable! I-I thought I was going to die... just like the others they had tested on. I passed out several times, and I remember one time when I was awake... They took Gilbert... and they lit him on fire. They just... let him burned just like Antonio. B-But instead he was able to control it... I only remember seeing the flames die down with his screams and his body burnt but alive... Then they took him away.

I was left in that room... more shots were put in me... and then I remember being forced to run... I started running on this machine and it broke, and all I could think about was escaping, and running away. My head started hurting and I blacked out... but when I came too... The men around me...w-were dead and... and I got scared so I ran. I ran as fast as I could and as far away from the place as I could get." The tears were coming faster now. "I figured out I had super speed when I noticed that I was in a completely different city in only a few moments. And when I ran into a car, it left a dent, and didn't kill me. So I had super strength and speed... and I could heal faster... and I eat a lot since my metabolism is literally in hyper-drive.

After a bit of staying in hiding... I decided to use my powers to help everyone. Especially in this city where the crime rate is bad. I thought... I could be a hero, at least use my powers that I have..." Alfred trailed off as his body shook and he continued to cry. "S-Sorry..." He mumbled out as he tried to wipe away the tears.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Fri May 04, 2012 11:53 am

Arthur frowned as he listened to Alfred's story. So, that's how he got superpowers. He hadn't expected for Alfred to answer him seriously. After all, it seemed too tragic and it brought him a lot of pain to even remember things from his past. "You idiot.. you didn't have to tell me if it made you cry.."

He motioned for the other to come closer to him. He didn't want to see the other man so sad like this when he had always been so happy. When the other complied, he then lifted his hands and brought Alfred's head down so he could kiss him on the forehead. And then, he wrapped his arms around the other's neck. "I.. I may not be much to have on your side... But, do remember this, I won't ever leave you." He said reassuringly.

After a while, Arthur finally let go of Alfred. "I'm sorry..." He frowned. He truly didn't know what else he could do to make the other man feel better. He wasn't really used to people and he never really got some love and affection himself. But, Alfred didn't need to know that.

Arthur then remembered what Alfred had said. It was something about his metabolism being in hyper-drive. He stared at the snacks that he bought for him for a moment before opening them up. He took one even though he was already full so that so Alfred won't be too shy too take some either. "Here, do you want some..?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Fri May 04, 2012 12:24 pm

When Alfred moved to get closer, he had expected a hug at the most, but not a kiss. He blushed when Arthur kissed his forehead, his heart beat increased, and he got that weird feeling in his chest again, followed by a tingling feeling...

He then heard Arthur's words, and Alfred wrapped his arms around Arthur and hugged him close. He put his face in his hair, taking in Arthur's scent and he started to calm down and relax. He gave a few weak sniffles here an there, but the tears stopped. "Thanks Arthur..." Alfred said quietly and sincerely.

Alfred then let Arthur go when he pulled away, but he had a strange empty feeling when he did. He blinked when Arthur offered him some more snacks, and his smile returned. "Yeah! Thanks Artie!" Alfred took the snacks offered to him and started to eat them at his fast pace.

Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Arthur smiled as Alfred ate, ignoring the horrid nickname that Alfred had just called him. It made him feel nice that he at least made Alfred eat but, he also felt bad that the other had to take care of him as an individual when he already has the whole city to take care of. But, he knew that the other could just leave him alone to take care of himself. He just has to act like he doesn't need any help. That way, the other wouldn't have to worry about him anymore and just do whatever it is that he has to do. After all, his bruises have almost healed. The only problem now was his ankle.

Arthur gave all of his snacks over to Alfred and lied back down on the bed. Well, since classes were suspended, there was nothing else he could do. His ankle didn't make it possible for him to do anything and he couldn't ask Alfred to help him all the time either. He turned to his side and stared at the television, careful as to not to hurt his ankle. He didn't want to ask Alfred any more questions either since he might just upset the other man again or make himself upset from the answers that Alfred might give him.

Arthur then daydreamed for a while, going back to when he had first met Alfred. He frowned a bit as he had realized that it probably would have been better if Arthur had not been roommates with him? Alfred did have this room all to himself if Arthur had not asked the headmaster to let him move.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Sat May 05, 2012 1:47 am

Alfred finished all the snacks quickly. He then looked to the clock and saw that he still had a lot of time before he had to go on his night patrol. He rubbed his eyes for a moment as he felt tired. He looked at the bed where Arthur was laying, and he bit his lip. He wanted to lay down... but he didn't want to bother Arthur...

After a little debate with himself, Alfred moved over to the bed and climbed on, laying next to Arthur. He sat there for a moment and thought. What if he had never met Arthur? He would be alone in his room. Sure no one would know his secret identity, but he would be alone. And he would still have felt troubled by his past. After he told Arthur about how he got his powers, and about the lab, he felt... better. It felt nice that he could have someone to talk to.

A small part of him liked how now Alfred would be able to talk to Arthur about his missions, and how he would get praised, or scolded. It wasn't that he liked being praised or anything for his deeds, sure it was nice, but when Arthur did it, it felt special. It made him really happy...

"I'm glad to have met you." Alfred finally mumbled out quietly. "I really am Arthur. You make me really happy." He then closed his eyes and fell alseep, once again cuddling up to the other.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next