Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a Hero...

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

I need a Hero... - Page 5 Empty Re: I need a Hero...

Post by Damsey Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 am

Arthur fell asleep hadn't noticed that he had fallen asleep while watching television. He looked around and saw that Alfred had already left to do his night patrols. Now that he knew about what Alfred was doing, Alfred must have thought that he didn't need to tell Arthur where he was going or when he'll be back. Not that Alfred needed to do it! Arthur was just worried after all but he knew very well that Alfred could take care of himself. He didn't really need Arthur to be there anyway.

Arthur then sighed and turned to the other side of the bed so that he was facing the wall. He was starting to feel really lonely all by himself without Alfred there to talk to him. After all, Alfred was the only one who seems to enjoy his company. Or, rather, he's forced to like Arthur's company since he can't do anything about it.

Arthur flinched slightly when the door of their dorm room had opened. Could it be that Alfred was already back? Well, there was no other person who would enter this room except if they were there to rob them. But, Arthur didn't think that would be the case. After all, their school dorms had just caught fire so most of the student's belonging's would have been burnt to a crisp. Robbing here would be a stupid idea.

His thoughts were stopped though when he finally felt someone climb onto the bed beside him. Arthur curled up more and brought the covers closer to himself as he felt embarrassed as he just remembered that he and Alfred had to sleep together in the same bed. It wouldn't be a problem seeing as that their dorms were still being repaired and that they were both men anyway but still, Arthur couldn't help but to feel really weird and awkward, but not in a bad way.

He doesn't know why it always happens when Alfred was around. And, it intensified when Arthur knew about Alfred's past. It made him feel special that Alfred had told him about something so personal. And he also realized that he loved seeing the other man happy and healthy, and hated it when the other was sad and or disturbed by his nightmares.

So, when the other had said that Arthur made him happy and that Alfred was glad to have met him, Arthur's heart skipped a beat. It also didn't help that Alfred had wrapped his arms around Arthur and cuddled him close. Arthur felt his cheeks grow warmer by the second but he didn't move or say anything. He just closed his eyes and tried to appear like he was asleep, letting Alfred hug and cuddle him.

When Arthur was sure that the other had fallen asleep, he turned around to face the other. He stared for at Alfred for a moment, afraid of what he was feeling. Could it be? That he, Arthur Kirkland, has fallen in love with this loud, stupid, reckless and optimistic young man? No, that's not possible! And, even if it were true, there was no way that Alfred would feel the same way.

Arthur let out a defeated sigh. He doesn't stand a chance. Not with someone like Alfred. He then gave one last glance at Alfred before he just closed his eyes. There was no point in dealing with these kinds of feelings. He was probably just confused because Alfred had been so kind to him. It would be for the best to just ignore it as he didn't want to make things awkward for Alfred as well. And, being able to just stay by his side, that is enough.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Sat May 05, 2012 5:37 pm

When Alfred woke up, he was once again holding Arthur close, and snuggling him. He blinked for a moment realizing what he was doing, with his cheeks turning red and his heart beat increasing. But instead of quickly getting up like last time, Alfred gave Arthur a nuzzle before he slowly got up and stretched.

"Good morning Artie~." Alfred gave a bit of yawn before he looked at Arthur. "So did you need me to get you anything?" He asked with a smile. "Is your ankle still sore? Does it hurt really bad? I can wrap some more bandages on it." Alfred talked fast, without knowing it.

He then blinked with a sudden thought. "Hey, Arthur," He started off quietly. "Can I ask you something...?" He wasn't sure if he should ask this of Arthur or not. Well... He said he liked to sew right? Alfred then walked over to his bag, and pulled out his old suit that needed to be fixed. "Um... do you think you could fix this?" He asked a bit shyly. "I understand if you can't though, if your busy or something, I can try to mend it, and use my other one for a little longer... though it's starting to rip too..."
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Arthur stared up at the ceiling. It seemed that the pain in his chest wouldn't leave him alone, thus, not letting him go back to sleep. He tried though, he tried to think of thoughts other than Alfred but it was impossible. Especially since Alfred was just in front of him, holding him close. Arthur let out another sigh as he just laid down on the bed, counting sheep to try and distract his mind. Luckily for him, he finally fell asleep after counting up to a hundred and fifty or so.

The next morning, he woke up as Alfred got up from the bed. After the realization that he had last night, Arthur didn't think that he could face Alfred normally anymore. Arthur slowly sat up and looked at blankets. "Uh, no. I'm all right, thank you." He replied weakly. He didn't really need Alfred to take care of him. That would just make him even more dependent on the other. "Don't worry about me. Go and do what you have to do."

He blinked though when Alfred showed him his suit that already looked so torn and worn out. Arthur could fix it but it would look horrible, if he did! And not to mention, it was spandex. It would be hard to sew it by hand but, it was not impossible. He'd just have to put in a lot of effort to make it look brand new, or well, close to being brand new, at least.

Arthur then took the suit from Alfred. "If you can bring me the materials, I can start repairing this. So, if you don't mind, could you bring me some fabric that is the same as your suit, some needles and thread as well."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Sun May 06, 2012 9:52 am

"Really?" Alfred's eyes lit up when Arthur agreed to repaire his suit. "Thanks Arthur!" He then waved his hand at getting the materials. "No problem, I'll be right back." Alfred couldn't help but laugh when said the last part, because it was going to be literal.

He walked over to the door, opened it, and then in a blink he was gone. In seconds, he had made his way out of the dorms, through the campus, and onto the streets. If he was careful, people wouldn't even notice he was was there, since he was traveling so fast. But they would notice if he bumped into them, so Alfred had to make some sharp turns, here and there, until he came to the small fabric store he was looking for. It was actaully pretty far from the college, but to Alfred it was just a small walk.

He slowled down to a normal speed when he was at the store. He walked in and quickly searched for his materials, making sure to get everything Arthur said. He got the material, the needles, and the thread. He made his way up to the counter, where he had a bit of a little conversation with the women there, about how not many men are seeing sewing.

Once his items were bagged and paid for Alfred gave the women a wave, and then headed out again. He made it back to tha campus in seconds, and was back in the room holding out the stuff to Arthur in a flash. "Here you go Artie!" He smiled happily. "Did you need anything else? I can go get it if you do."
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sun May 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Arthur sighed and nodded at Alfred. "It's no problem." He said, now looking at the suit that he was holding, not even looking at Alfred as he left for the door. He then thought how Alfred even managed to get this? Did he ask someone to make it for him? Or did he make it himself? Well, it doesn't really matter, it was in his hands now and he would try his best to do what was asked of him.

A few minutes later, Alfred had arrived with the materials that he had asked for. "Thank you. I shall start immediately." He then took the materials from Alfred to examine it just a bit. It wouldn't be too much of a problem to get it to look like how it was before but he wasn't sure if it would be durable if he sewed it using his hands and not a machine. But then again, he did prefer to work with his own hands so he probably won't be using the machine anyway.

He nodded in satisfaction as he finally knew how to deal with the suit but he realized that he had forgotten something. Scissors. How could he have forgotten? Maybe, lack of sleep must have done it to him. "Alfred.. Uh.. I need some scissors too, please."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Sun May 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Alfred blinked before he nodded his head. "Ah, Yeah okay! I'll get them!" He then went back to the door and rushed out, once again speeding through the dorm, capmus and onto the streets with inhuman speed.

He dodged through the people, and sometimes cars if he decided to go onto the road. (He liked it because it was more of challenge to dodge the cars), he soon came up to the store he was looking for.
Alfred then controlled his speed before he went inside and purchased the scissors.

As he was coming out, Alfred was making sure no one was looking, before he got in the position to run. When he was sure no one was watching, he leaned in a bit and was just about to take off when a sudden voice made him stop.

"So is this what all hero's do? They run errands?" Gilbert stepped out of an alley with a smrik on his face. "Does it help you feel normal?" He gave a laugh.

Alfred tensed up as he looked at Gilbert, the shopping bag held tightly in his hand as he clentched his fists.

"Or maybe you're doing it for that one boy?" Gilbert's smile widened. "Arthur is his name right?"

Alfred's eyes widened at first, how did Gilbert know he was getting stuff for Arthur? He then gave a growl. "You'll leave Arthur alone!"

"What, no punch with those words?" Gilbert snickered. "You're just too scared to do anything without your disquise. you're afriad of people finding out who you really are.... A monster."

"I'm not a monster!" Alfred shouted back. "I help people! I... I save them..." His voice started to grow quiet, as Gilbert's words bounced around in his head. He really wanted to punch him, but he was right... he couldn't do it without his costume.

"But do you think that will matter when they learn the truth?! They are all scared of us, and to make them feel safer they would ship us back to that hell of a lab and you know it!"

"No!" Alfred glared back. "Arthur wouldn't-" But his voice stopped as Gilbert laughed.

"Really? You believe him? Think. Why would he put up wiht you in the first place? He's scared of you. As soon as he gets the chance he'll leave you."

"N-No he-"

"He'll be just like the others! He really hates you!"

"Shut up!" Alfred roared and lunged at Gilbert punching him in the face, as he couldn't control his anger.

Gilbert smirked as he stepped back and held his cheek where he was hit. "Still can't handle the truth huh?" He knew he was winning as he was messing with Alfred's mind. He then shot a fireball at Alfred, that burned his arm, before he dissapeared in a puff of smoke, laughing.

Alfred cried out when the flame hit him, feeling his skin burn and blister. He looked down at his arm and frowned, before he made sure no one was looking and speed away.

~~~

When Alfred made it back to the dorm, he handed Arthur the scissors. "Here you go Artie!" He smiled, but it was a little forced. He couldn't help but keep thinking of Gilbert's words. What if Arthur was actually scared of him? He was a monster after all...

Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Mon May 07, 2012 1:49 am

Arthur watched Alfred leave the room once more. He felt bad asking the other to do so many things for him but, there was no other way he could get those materials if Alfred won't get it for him. He just had to make this suit worth all of Alfred's troubles. He nodded with determination. He was going to make this suit look like it was brand new that Alfred was going to be surprised!

With his mood now lifted, Arthur waited for Alfred to return and hoped that he come back home soon. But then, he realized that they needed more materials! Oh, Alfred was going to kill him if he went and asked Alfred to go out and get something for him again! Arthur bit his lips and tried to stand up using his feet.

It hurt the first time that he stood up, seeing as that it still wasn't better, but thanks to the chair that he uses as support, he made it to the room next door. There, he asked if he could borrow some sewing materials excluding the scissors so that Alfred's efforts wouldn't be wasted. Their neighbors, Kiku and Yao, happily lent him their sewing kit that contained some more sewing materials like the tape measure, pins, etc. It was great that they even assisted him back to his own room. He thanked them and waved them goodbye. He just hoped that Alfred doesn't get angry with him when he comes back.

After a few more minutes, Alfred had returned with scissors. Arthur blushed a bit and mumbled, "Welcome back..", as Alfred handed the scissors to him. He just wished that Alfred doesn't notice or that he wouldn't be weirded out by how Arthur was acting. Arthur knew that he shouldn't hope for these things but he couldn't help himself but, he wasn't going to do anything about his feelings for the other man. He didn't want to ruin their friendship.

He then accepted the scissors and brought out the tape measure that he borrowed from Kiku and Yao. "Come closer to me, Alfred. I need your body measurements for the suit.." Arthur didn't exactly need it for Alfred's old suit, but maybe, he could make some new ones for Alfred since he realized that he couldn't make the old ones look brand new.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 pm

"Hm?" Alfred blinked when he heard Arthur. "Oh, yeah... okay." He moved over closer to Arthur and allowed the other man to start putting the measuring tape around him. He would allow his arms to be moved as they needed to be measured as well as his waist and the such.

All during this Alfred held a small frown. Gilbert's words kept bouncing in his head, and he couldn't get them out. And how did he know he was doing errands for Arthur? Was he able to watch them? The thought not only angered Alfred, but also scared him. What if something happened to Arthur while he was away on night patrol? His chest hurt at the thought of coming back to the dorm and finding either Arthur hurt, or worse not there.

And there was also the fact that since Gilbert knew those things... did he know more about Arthur as well? Like was Arthur really and truely scared of him? Maybe Arthur was just lying to him about him not telling anyone... But Arthur wouldn't do that right? He was his friend! A very close friend! But for some reason, Alfred didn't like that word... it made his heart hurt a bit.

As Arthur continued to measured him Alfred gave another forced smile. "Did you need anything else?" He didn't really want to go back out at the moment thought, since the whole conversation with Gilbert. Unless the situation called for it, he just wanted to stay inside until it was time for his night patrol.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Arthur proceeded to take Alfred's body measurements. He looked up at Alfred, noticing that the other man was a bit lost in his own thoughts. What could the other man be thinking about? Did something happen while he was out getting the scissors? Could it be that Alfred was mad at him for making him get a lot of things for him? Well, Arthur could understand that. After all, he was a hero, not an errand boy.

When Arthur finished, he pulled away and started to work on the suit that Alfred wanted him to repair. He felt really guilty that he had upset Alfred. But then, he heard Alfred ask him if he needed anything else. He looked up at Alfred and saw that the other's smile was a bit different from usual. It seemed to be a bit forced.

"I don't need anything else. Thank you.." He lied. He was a bit hungry and thirsty but it was something that he can handle. "I'll have your suit repaired in a few hours.. I'll try to work faster though so if you'll be patient enough.." He tried to suggest, feeling a bit anxious as he did. He sewed at a fast pace, not stopping even though he poked his fingers with the needle, not showing the pain he felt as he didn't want Alfred to worry either.

When he was done, he examined the suit for a bit, checking if he missed anything. Thankfully, he didn't and it looked all right. It didn't look as if it were brand new just like how he was hoping but it looked good and that's what matters. He then gave a satisfied now and gave it to Alfred. "Here you go.." He hoped that Alfred would like it.

He looked over at the clock and noticed that it was already time for Alfred to go out on his night patrol. He turned over to Alfred but looked down just as quickly. He really didn't want to see the disappointed look of Alfred's face. "Um, take care out there.." He mumbled quietly.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Alfred just remained quite and out of the way while Arthur fixed his suit. When he was done, he blinked before a wide grin came on his face. "Wow, Thanks Arthur!" He said taking the now fixed suit from him. It didn't look like it once did, but it was fixed with no more rips in it. And Arthur had worked hard on it, so Alfred really did like it and apprechiate it. It was going to be his favorite suit now.

When Alfred glanced at the clock, he noticed the time. It was time start his night patrol. He gave a nod to Arthur. "Don't worry, I'll be careful." He smiled before he went to the bathroom and changed into his suit and zoomed off.

While he was on night patrol, Alfred was surprised to find that everything was quite and nothing really was going on. He didn't even see Gilbert up to any antics... which made him nervous. He kept wanting to go back and check up on Arthur.

Finally some action came when he saw a burgler trying to break into a house. He was quick with his capture. He ran up, took away his gun, crushed it, and then grabbed the man. He then rushed off to the police station, where he threw himside for the police to handle.

When Alfred made it back to the dorm, he yawned and changed into his sleep ware. He looked and noticed that Arthur was in the bed, and he assumed he was asleep. Alfred carefully climbed into bed, and bit his lip as Gilbert's words worried him some more.

Alfred slowly wrapped his arms around Arthur and brung him close to his chest. "You... you don't hate me right?" he couldn't help himself from asking, not thinking he would get an answer, since he thought Arthur was asleep. "You're... not scared of me are you?"
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Tue May 08, 2012 12:29 am

Arthur felt happy that Alfred had liked it. He knew that it probably wasn't the best suit that he could have but, with limited time and no machinery, sewing with spandex proved to be a lot harder than he had originally thought. But, it was good that Alfred liked it, even if it was just a little bit.

When Alfred left, Arthur was one again left all alone. He had nothing else to do and his hands hurt really badly from the sewing that he had just done. He sighed and leaned against the headboard of the bed, wondering how on earth he could walk properly again so that he doesn't have to rely too much on Alfred. And, so that, he wouldn't be left in the dorm room with nothing to distract him of his loneliness. He was starting to feel that Alfred was seeing him as a burden.

What he didn't expect though was a knock. Was Alfred already done with his night patrols? That can't be! He just left! Maybe, he forgot something? But, Alfred knew that he could just come inside the room since it was his room too. Another knock was heard and a familiar voice came from outside the door. It sounded a whole lot like Kiku. "Come in!" Arthur said, thinking that Kiku was just there to get his sewing kit back.

The door opened and it revealed a pale man with black hair and eyes. It definitely was Kiku. Arthur watched the young man enter holding something like a basin with him.

"Ah, I'm so sorry, Arthur-san! I didn't mean to disturb you.." Kiku looked around. "..Are you in this room all alone..?" He blinked, worried since Arthur had a bruised ankle.

"Oh, no! Please, don't worry! You didn't disturb me at all!" Arthur nodded. He was a bit glad that someone had come to see him, even if it was just to get something from him. He then turned around to get the sewing materials and handed them over to Kiku. "Here. Thank you very much for lending them to me. I had just finished repairing some clothes for my roommate, you see." He smiled sheepishly at Kiku.

"Oh no, please, keep them for as long as you like. But, if you were to be sewing for your roommate, I think you should at least own a sewing machine, don't you think?" Kiku chuckled and thought for a moment. "Well, I do have a portable sewing machine that I could lend to you..." He then moved a bit closer and brought the chair closer to Arthur's bed and eyed his ankle. "I've seen that you have been injured and I think that you would like to be able to walk again, yes..? I can help you with that.."

Arthur stared at Kiku for a bit. He doesn't know why the other man was being so kind to him when they had just met a few moments ago. He couldn't possibly just say yes to everything right? "Oh, no! I couldn't possibly accept your offer! And, my ankle is fine.."

Kiku shook his head and smiled. "I insist, Arthur-san." Kiku then started to unwrap the bandages from Arthur's ankle and held it gently. "This may hurt a bit so, please bare with it for a while. But, after you've injured it, you would be able to walk again." Kiku then started to put Arthur's foot into the basin with ice on it. It would help lessen the pain that Arthur would feel as Kiku massaged his foot.

Arthur didn't know what to do or what to say. He just bit his lips at the pain that came from the massage since the other man wants seemed to know what he was doing and, he seemed to be a nice enough fellow. Arthur let out a lot of pained groans and Kiku just reassured him that everything would be all right. Arthur nodded and just did his best to not embarrass himself any further.

After a while, Kiku had finished with the massage and smiled at Arthur. "You should rest your feet for a while and start practicing to walk again once you feel better." Kiku nodded and stood up to bring the chair where it was originally placed. "I shall come back tomorrow to bring the sewing machine to you.. And, maybe, we could get together some time for some idle chats."

Arthur couldn't believe it. He didn't know what had just happened but he was thankful for it. "Thank you very much." He smiled back. "And, yes, a get-together sounds lovely. But, would you mind if I brought someone along?" He asked. He really didn't want to leave Alfred behind. And, Arthur figured that Alfred would probably enjoy talking to people more than he would.

Kiku smiled back. "Your roommate, I presume? We'd love it if both of you came, Arthur-san.. Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have other things to do. Please, do enjoy your night." And then, Kiku left.

Arthur really couldn't believe it. Nothing like this has ever happened to him before and he couldn't exactly say that he dislikes it. It felt nice to have people want to be friends with you although, he wasn't really sure what Kiku's intentions are, but he wanted to believe that it was anything bad. He couldn't wait to tell Alfred.

Arthur refused to sleep until Alfred came back home but Arthur was already so very tired. He then eased down onto the bed and pulled the covers on top of him as he slowly drifted off to sleep. He curled up in his sleep, feeling really cold. His shivering stopped though when someone had wrapped his arms around him and held him close. He heard something, a troubled voice, who sounded a lot like Alfred.

He heard what the other man said. Did he hate Alfred? Was he scared of him? Arthur's brows furrowed. He mumbled a quiet "..No..'m not...", as he snuggled closer against the other man, wanting more of the warmth that he emitted. "... You, idiot.."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 am

Alfred stared when he heard Arthur's voice and felt the other snuggle closer to him. At first he didn't know what to do or say, since he had thought that Arthur had been asleep all along. But after the shock wore off, a smile lit up his face and he pulled Arthur closer, giving him an affectionate nuzzle. "Thanks..." He mumbled out truly happy.

He should have known that Gilbert was just messing with his mind. He had been bluffing all along. Well at least he hoped anyway. There was still that lingering fear that Gilbert was somehow watching them... But for right now, Alfred didn't worry about it as he was too tired and happy. His eyes finally closed, and he went to sleep with his arms wrapped around Arthur, a smile on his face, and his heart swelling in his chest. Arthur didn't hate him or was scared of him...

~~~~

The next morning, Alfred was still in bed, refusing to get up from the wonderful sleep. He cuddled closer to Arthur as he continued to hold him in his arms. He stirred though when there was a knock on the door. Alfred at first ignored it, but when there was another knock, his brows furrowed and he shifted a bit letting out a little whine.

When he felt movement besides him, Alfred grudgingly decided to get up. He untangled him self from the bed, and ended up falling off and landed on his butt, with caused him to let out a bit of yelp of surprise. Well today was starting out great wasn't it?

Alfred ran a hand through his hair and squinted at Arthur, since he didn't have his glasses on. "Good morning Artie..." He mumbled rubbing an eye. He then blinked as he remembered the door. "Is someone at the door or did I dream that?" He asked not sure if Arthur had heard it as well.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Tue May 08, 2012 11:18 am

After being held so protectively, Arthur finally fell into a deep sleep, dreaming about how Alfred was being so scared, thinking if Arthur was scared of him. He didn't know what took over him but he was honest when he said that he wasn't scared of Alfred. But, he was scared of Alfred rejecting him or even breaking their friendship if Alfred knew about his hidden feelings for the other man.

Arthur knew that Alfred would never feel the same way as he does. He's not expecting the other man to, but, he wishes that Alfred would let him get away with cuddling close him, just for this short while that the dormitories were being repaired. And, once that it is, everything would go back to the way it was. He would sleep in his own bed, hoping to get enough warmth from his pillows.

--

The next morning, Arthur had awoken to the sound of someone knocking at the door. Arthur shifted a bit, wanting the knock to go away but then, he remembered that it could have been Kiku! Arthur immediately got up, not noticing that Alfred was right beside him, causing the other to fall from the bed. "Oh! I'm so sorry, Alfred!" He apologized quickly, blushing as he saw the younger man without his glasses. But, this wasn't the time for that! He shook his head and stood up to walk over towards the door.

Arthur was a bit surprised as to see that he was finally able to walk. Kiku was right and even though it was painful, it was worth it. He opened the door and it was, in fact, Kiku who was outside. Arthur smiled. "Good Morning, Kiku! What brings you over here so early in the morning?" Arthur asked, a bit curious as well.

"Oh! Good Morning, Arthur-san.. We were just wondering if you would want to join us for breakfast. And, also, I came to see how your ankle was doing.." Kiku smiled. "I'm glad to see that you are feeling better."

"Yes, uh.. my ankle is doing a lot better because of you.." Arthur flushed a bit. "...Thank you.." He mumbled, a bit too quietly. "T-though, breakfast sounds lovely." And then, he remembered that Alfred had not met Kiku yet. "Um, excuse me but, I'd like you to meet my roommate. That is, if you don't mind."

Kiku blinked for a bit, realizing that there was indeed another man in the room but he doesn't look all that happy. "Um, I don't mind.."

Arthur then brought Kiku over to Alfred. "Alfred, this is Kiku! He's in the room next to us and he was also the one to help me be able to walk again." And then, he turned over to Kiku. "Kiku, this is Alfred, my roommate." He nodded and then looked back at Alfred once again.

Kiku then smiled at Alfred. "It's very nice to meet you, Alfred-san.." Kiku bowed his head slightly as if to show respect. "My roommate and I were just about to have breakfast, and I was wondering if the two of you would also like to come with us?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Alfred had not been expecting anyone at the door at all, or for Arthur to get the door since his ankle was still hurt wasn't it? He got up from the floor and reached for his glasses he put on the bed side table and put them on. He then watched as Arthur talked with the stranger at the door.

He couldn't help but frown when he saw Arthur blush and seem to know the short, black haired male. It made his chest tighten uncomfortably. And it hurt a bit to know that Arthur was talking to someone else... not that Arthur couldn't do that! But he just liked it when he felt like he was the only one really close to Arthur...

Alfred blinked from his thoughts as Arthur had started to introduce the other to him. He put on a smile, and nodded to Kiku. "It's nice to meet you Kiku!" He was surprised to find out that Kiku had helped Arthur walk again, and Alfred again felt a little hurt. He had wanted to help Arthur... why didn't he ask him for help instead of going to this 'Kiku'?

"And thanks for helping Artie out." Alfred put on another smile, and he didn't know why, but he qucikly put his arm around Arthur and pulled him a bit close. "His ankle had been giving him trouble lately."

At the mention of breakfast, Alfred quickly nodded. "Sure! Breakfast sounds really awesome right now!" A part of him wanted to go because he really was hungry, while the other part wanted to find out more about Kiku and his roommate.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Tue May 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Arthur was happy that he had met a new friend and also because now, he wouldn't have to feel so lonely whenever Alfred wasn't around. And, now that he thought about it, he and Kiku shared a lot of classes that he wondered why they haven't talked like this before. Maybe, it was because they were intimidated by each other? But, that doesn't matter right now. He was just really happy about how things had turned out.

Kiku smiled at Alfred. "The pleasure is all mine, Alfred-san." But, his smile faded when Alfred suddenly pulled Arthur closer to himself. Kiku was a bit confused and stared at Alfred for a while before smiling once again. "Oh no, it's not a problem at all. After all, I wanted to help Arthur-san feel better."

Arthur, on the other hand, blinked and stared wide-eyed at Alfred as he felt Alfred's arm bring him close to the other. It took him a moment to realize what was going on, and when he did, his face turned a bright shade of pink. "I-Idiot! I can stand by myself!" Arthur exclaimed, pulling away from Alfred and walking around in front of him to show him that he can stand all by himself without any support. "T-there's no need to assist me.. I'll be fine.." He mumbled out, embarrassed.

Kiku then chuckled and smiled sweetly. He sensed that there was something going on with these two but preferred to say nothing. Well, at least, nothing yet. "Well, shall we get going then? I'm pretty sure that Yao-san is waiting for us down at the dining hall."

Arthur gulped and nodded, trying to ignore the wild beating of his heart. "Y-Yes, we should definitely go." He then looked at Alfred. "Y-you should come too." Arthur then walked out of the room and walked alongside Kiku. He tried to convince himself that Alfred had not meant anything by what he had just done, that he was only trying to help him stand properly and nothing more. After all, what else could he have meant by it? Yes, that's right, nothing. He knew that so why was his heart still beating so fast? Wasn't he already over with all of that puberty stuff?! Arthur let out a deep sigh, trying to regain control of his thoughts and focus on the situation before him.

Kiku, on the other hand, kept glancing at Alfred and Arthur. He noticed that Alfred was in a bad mood and that Arthur was terribly confused about something. He wasn't really good at reading people but he tries his best to understand them. And based from what he has observed so far, it seemed that Alfred is a bit protective over Arthur and he seemed to be a bit possessive of him too, judging from how he brought Arthur closer to himself earlier. But, these were all just his thoughts.

Kiku then had an idea. He brought his hand down and slowly reached out for Arthur's, still looking taking short glances at Alfred.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Alfred didn't like it when Arthur movedd away from him. It made his chest tighten and he felt a lost type of feeling. He didn't understand why, but he wanted to keep Arthur close to him. Especially with Kiku being there. It was like he was trying to prove to him that he knew Arthur more, and that he cared for him more. Which was true! He was Arthur's close friend! ....Somereason those words made Alfred's chest hurt more.

He couldn't help but let out a silent sigh and follow after Arthur and Kiku down the hallway. He couldn't help but be in a bad mood. This Kiku showed up and started to make Arthur blush... and then he helped Arthur and then Arthur even moves away from him! He couldn't help but frown as he tried thinking of ways of Arthur not to talk to Kiku... He could always just keep talking to him at breakfast right? And then quickly sit by him so Kiku couldn't... yeah that could work! He didn't understand all of the emotions he was feeling at the moment, he had never really felt this way before... He frowned more and blammed it on Kiku.

Alfred was quickly brought from his thoughts though when he saw Kiku's hand. Anger flared up in him, and he couldn't stop himself from suddenly moving his hand out and grabbing Arthur's hand before Kiku's could reach it. He then couldn't help but give Kiku a glare. It wasn't really mean or hateful one, but more of a cold, challening one, as if daring Kiku to get his hand closer to Arthur's. But it only lasted a second as he turned to Arthur and smiled.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 09, 2012 1:37 am

Focusing on going down the hallway proved to harder than what Arthur had originally thought. Especially since he couldn't get rid of this weird feeling in his chest. He then looked back and took a glance at Alfred but immediately turned his head forward again when he saw the other's expression. Arthur hadn't seen Alfred in such a bad mood before and it made him feel very nervous. He then thought if he should go and walk with Alfred to ask what was wrong, but, would that make him too nosy? He didn't want to pry into Alfred's private life even if he did tell him his secret identity. Arthur knew that friendship has limits.

Kiku was surprised for he did not expected for Alfred to suddenly reach out and grab Arthur's hand, nor did he expect to receive a glare from the other man. Kiku knew what the glare had meant. It meant that Alfred was challenging for the affections of a certain Englishman. Kiku just smiled sweetly, finding the whole situation amusing. It seemed that Alfred had feelings for Arthur but Kiku wasn't sure if it was just platonic or if it was romantic.

Arthur flinched when someone had suddenly grabbed his hand. He was expecting it to be Kiku since he was much closer to Arthur than Alfred was so when he saw Alfred's face, he jumped back a little and stopped walking. "A-Alfred..?" He stared up at Alfred, confused as to why Alfred would be holding his hand. "What is it..? Is something wrong?" He asked, feeling a bit worried as Alfred was acting a bit strange.

Kiku then walked ahead of Alfred and Arthur, thinking that they need some time to be alone. "I'll go on ahead.." Kiku said. "It seems that you two have something to talk about. Just look for us down at the dining hall. That is.." He moved in close to whisper something in Alfred's ear. "If you're willing to share, Arthur-san." He then stepped back and smiled sweetly at the two of them. "Well then, if you'll excuse me." He bowed his head and walked away.

When Kiku turned his back from the two men, he smirked. He really had no intention of provoking either of them but it seemed that they needed a push to realize their own feelings for each other. If he had to play as the bad guy, then he would happily be the bad guy. Kiku chuckled to himself as he continued to walk into the hallway.

Arthur blinked as Kiku whispered something to Alfred and, just like that, walking away from them. He then looked up at Alfred with a worried expression on his face. "Alfred..? What did Kiku say..?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 09, 2012 7:11 am

Alfred tensed up when Kiku whispered in his ear. He then glared at him as he watched him move further down the hallway towards the dinning hall. Willing to share Arthur? What did he mean by that? It wasn't like he owned Arthur... but at the same time he didn't want to have Arthur around Kiku because Kiku made Arthur act weird, and made his chest tight, and, and he was suppose to be Arthur's friend, not Kiku!

Alfred stopped and blinked at this thought. He was angry and upset... but should he really be? He can't control if Arthur had more then just him for a friend. And friend... was that really what he wanted to be called? A close, hand holding, sleep snuggling friend? But that wasn't really a friend that- Alfred was brought from his thoughts when he heard Arthur's question.

"It... It was nothing..." He mumbled, and he couldn't help but glare back in the direction Kiku had left. He then blushed and shifted on his feet as he was still holding onto Arthur's hand. That's right, he was holding Arthur's hand, take that Kiku!

After a few seconds of silence Alfred looked at Arthur. "Arthur," He started of quietly, but seriously. "Do you... Do you like Kiku?" He bit his lip as he waited for an answer. He didn't know why, but he was really hoping the answer was no. Then Alfred wouldn't have to worry about Kiku taking Arthur away... Because that's what would happen right? And, Kiku would hold Arthur's hand and snuggle with him and, and Alfred would be alone... And it made him so angry, and sad and why was he feeling like this! If Kiku hadn't have shown up he wouldn't have been confused by all this!

But what if Arthur had been seeing Kiku all this time?! The sudden thought caused Alfred to frown. He didn't like that either... just imagining Arthur in Kiku's arms... it made him clench his fists at his side. He then intook a breath as he waited for Arthur's answer.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Wed May 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Arthur frowned as he saw Alfred glaring at Kiku. What was wrong? Did Kiku say something provocative to Alfred? There would be no other way that Alfred would be this upset if he didn't but, why would he? Did he not like Alfred? Kiku didn't seem the type to be picking fights with others and he seemed to be really nice so, maybe, these two were only having a misunderstanding?

His frown grew deeper when Alfred refused to tell him what Kiku had whispered to him. It felt like he was being left out and that made Arthur feel a bit hurt. Wasn't he supposed to be Alfred's friend? Wasn't Alfred supposed to tell him what was bothering him? As much as he didn't want to be nosy, he couldn't help but to ask since this was clearly making Alfred upset. "You can tell me.. You do know that you can trust me, right..?" But then, he immediately regretted ever asking that question. He was afraid. What if Alfred had said 'no'? That would hurt. A lot.

Arthur's hold on Alfred's hand loosened as Alfred remained silent. Could it be that Alfred really doesn't trust him at all..? Arthur didn't know what to do. Part of him wanted to stay and wait for Alfred to say something, but, the other part of him wanted to run away, afraid of what the other might answer.

He shivered when he heard Alfred call out his name in such a serious tone. That had never happened before. "Yes..? What is it..?" He looked back, eyes filled with worry. What was wrong with Alfred today? And, why today of all days? He bit his lips as he waited for an answer.

When Alfred finally did say something, it wasn't what Arthur had expected. "W-What?! I don't! I would never! I'd just met him! N-not that I would like him or anything..." Arthur chuckled nervously. It made him feel awkward that he was talking to Alfred about this of all people. And then, a thought hit him. Could this be why Alfred was acting weird..? Could Alfred, maybe, like Kiku..?

Arthur then looked at the ground, feeling lost. Of course, that's the only reason why Alfred would ask him that question. Arthur wanted to get away and fast. He didn't feel like eating anymore. His heart hurt far too much.

Arthur then forced a smile at Alfred. "Please, don't worry about that, Alfred. I only think of Kiku as a friend and nothing more than that." He took in a deep breath, trying not to tremble too much. "I.. I forgot something in our room. I'll be right back.. You go on ahead.." He patted Alfred's back and then walked away, at a faster pace than usual. He couldn't wait to go back to their dorm room.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Alfred couldn't help but be relieved at Arthur's answer. He let out a breath he had been holding, and his heart didn't hurt as much. So he and Kiku were just friends... That was good. Though Alfred would have to have a talk with Kiku about holding Arthur's hand. They were just friends after all. And only Alfred could hold Arthur's hand because he- Alfred stopped in his thoughts as he saw the look on Arthur's face. He looked so sad.

"Arthur what's-" But before Alfred could get all the words out, Arthur had hurriedly told him he forgot something in the dorm room, and he rushed off. Alfred blinked and watched him go, before he let out a sigh and continued to the dinning hall.

Once he got there, Alfred spotted Kiku sitting with another male with a pony tail, this turned out to be Kiku's roommate Yao. Alfred walked over and re-introduced himself to Kiku, seeing as they had got on the wrong foot earlier. "Hey, sorry about earlier..." He gave a smile and shook Kiku's hand, though he kept a bit of warning in his eyes, incase Kiku tried to start anything later. He then introduced himself to Yao and decided to wait for Arthur.

A while passed and Alfred was starting to wonder why Arthur hadn't shown up. He bit his lip thinking that he might have done something. Maybe he had embarresed him by asking such a personal question? Alfred excused himself from the table and headed to their dorm room.

When he walked in he saw Arthur on the bed looking sad. "Arthur, are you okay?" He asked in a worried tone, before he quickly started to apologize thinking he did something wrong. "I-I'm sorry I aksed that question earlier! It's just that Kiku kept starring at you and, and walking close to you, and then he reached for your hand!" Alfred started talking fast not realising what he was blurting out. He then blushed and crossed his arms. "So I don't really like Kiku and got mad because I can only hold your hand!"
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 10, 2012 12:42 am

Kiku didn't really expect Alfred to apologize to him but he smiled anyway. "It's all right, Alfred-san. I had not meant to provoke you in any way. I just thought it would be fun to see your reactions." He wasn't exactly lying since he did need some people to experiment on for a manga that he was drawing. He did wonder what happened to Arthur. But, before he could ask about it, Alfred had already excused himself. Kiku shrugged and just continued to talk to Yao, hoping that everything was all right. It was a shame that he couldn't try his plan.

--

Arthur took his time going back to their dorm room. He felt like someone was suffocating him, making it really hard to breathe. He had expected to be rejected, he knew that Alfred would never feel the same way about him! But, it was so hard not to hope that Alfred might just see him as more than a friend especially since the other was always so affectionate towards him. But, what did he know about Alfred? Maybe, he was just really affectionate to the people who he considers his friends. It has nothing to do with him.

When Arthur had finally arrived at the dorm room, he immediately collapsed on the bed. He laid there, biting his lips, trying his hardest not to cry. He was a man! And men do not cry over such stupid things! He was raised a much stronger person than this! He had never felt loved as a child so why should it bother him now? It wasn't such a big deal. After all, Alfred was still his friend, right? That's all that matters.

Well, at least, that's what he said to convince himself. He knew that Alfred, Kiku and Yao must have been looking for him by now but, he guessed, that they would just have to eat breakfast without him. After all, Arthur couldn't bring himself to go and see Alfred. Well, at least, not yet. But, he was Alfred's friend, right? He should be happy that Alfred finally found someone that he likes even though it's not him. Well, now that he thought about it, Alfred and Kiku looked really good together. It's like they complement each other perfectly. And not to mention, Kiku has a really pleasant face unlike him who has eyebrows that could be mistaken for caterpillars.

Arthur then smiled sadly. If Alfred and Kiku did get together, Alfred would have no use for him anymore and he would probably ask Arthur to exchange rooms with Kiku. He was nothing compared to Kiku and it makes him feel ashamed that he compared himself to him. "Well, at least, Kiku can make him happy.", he whispered, closing his eyes, finally letting the tears fall from his eyes.

Arthur's eyes shot open though when he heard someone open the door. Bloody hell! He forgot to lock the door. He immediately pretended to yawn as he wiped his eyes and laid down on the bed, facing the wall. "I'm sorry, Alfred. I'm not feeling well..." He hid under the covers and using all his strength to just bring the covers over to him, covering his ears as he did not want to hear what Alfred has to say. He didn't want to hear Alfred telling him how wonderful it was to have spent time with Kiku.

"Alfred, I'm sorry.. But.. I really don't feel good right now.. I can't understand what you are saying when you talk so fast like that.." He lied, holding back his sobs, trembling slightly from under the covers. He felt bad lying to Alfred but he had no choice. He didn't want to bother Alfred with his stupid one-sided feelings. "Let's talk later, okay..?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Thu May 10, 2012 7:19 am

Alfred stopped when he heard that Arthur wasn't feeling well. He frowned with concern. "You feel sick?" He asked in a quite voice. He then moved quietly over to the bed and looked over Arthur, though he couldn't see him through the covers, he could see his form shaking...

He was then silent as he went over thoughts in his head. He was worried about Arthur and seeing him sad made his chest hurt. Specifically his heart. But then seeing him act around Kiku hurt it too... But then when he saw Arthur smile and laugh, or blush for him it made him feel really good. Like when he said he wasn't scared of him. That had made his heart swell with happiness.... And he felt like he should be the only one to see Arthur blush, or to hold his hand, or snuggle him, or hold him or kiss- Woah. Wait. Where did that thought come from?

Alfred was starring at Arthur with a blush on his face. He tried imagining how it would be to kiss him and his heart beat increased. Just imaging Arthur's soft lips touching his own and- Why was this happening? Friends don't think this of each other! Alfred's blush increased and he didn't know what to do, and was confused.

He slowly pulled the covers away from Arthur and grabbed his hands and moved them away from his ears so he could hear him. "No... I think we should now. I know you are not feeling well... but, but..." Alfred took a deep breath before he started talking honestly, he really hoped that Arthur would still talk to him after this. "Arthur, you make my heart feel all weird." He looked away embarrassed for a moment. "When you smile, and laugh it beats weird and I'm really happy... Especially when you said you weren't scared of me. W-When you are sad it tightens in my chest... and then I feel sad. A-And when Kiku tried to take a hold of your hand. It hurt. And I got angry... really angry. I don't know what it was... It's just that I-I want to be the only one who holds you're hand, and snuggle you, and hold you, and kiss-" Alfred stopped when he realized he was speaking his thoughts in his mind. His face blossomed red and he looked away quickly. "A-Anyway... you, you don't want to see me ever again right?" Alfred's voice held sadness and a bit of fear.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Arthur moved his hands a little, away from his ears, so that he could try and listen to what Alfred has to say. That is, if Alfred believed him then he would just say good bye and leave him alone to try and get himself together, or if Alfred would decide to be stubborn and talk to him even though he said that they should talk later.

But, when Alfred said nothing, he felt even worse. Maybe, Alfred just really didn't care about how he felt about him at all...? Well, Alfred doesn't know and he would never know! Although, Arthur doesn't think that he could act the same towards Alfred. Maybe, he could go and switch all of his classes to night ones so that he would be awake when Alfred was going on his night patrol and he would be asleep during the day where Alfred has to go to school. That way, it would be easier to avoid the other man until it no longer pains Arthur to see him. But, that would be a bit too much as there would be a lot to do. Arthur sighed sadly, maybe, he could just go on living a normal life and just do his best to ignore the painful feeling in his heart.

His hold on the covers loosened and he just closed his eyes, letting his tears fall and trying to hold back his sobs. Maybe, after all of this, he could forget about ever having feelings for Alfred. And, maybe, he could still remain friends with him and Kiku and they could still talk and chat and be happy with each other's company. And maybe, Arthur would find someone who could love him too.

Arthur finally snapped out from his thoughts when Alfred had pulled the covers away from him. He blinked and stared at Alfred with tears still falling from his eyes. Arthur then paled as he realized that Alfred had discovered him crying. What was he going to do now?! Alfred would probably know that Arthur had feelings for him! Then, he would be disgusted and tell Arthur to get out of his life for good! Arthur closed his eyes and waited for Alfred to push him away and, also, so he could not see the look on the other man's face.

But, when he heard Alfred say that he made Alfred feel weird and that he was the one who he wanted to holds hands with, that one who Alfred wanted to snuggle, the one who Alfred wanted to hold and to kiss. Arthur immediately stared wide-eyed at Alfred. He couldn't believe it. Alfred... Could he have been feeling the same way as Arthur this whole time? "I-Is that true..?" Arthur grasped on to Alfred's shirt, looking at him straight in the eyes. "Y-you're not lying to me..?"

He didn't really know what Kiku had to do with all of this seeing as he can't remember a time where Kiku had wanted to hold hands with him. But, maybe, Alfred was just imagining things? He blinked again as he realized something. Could it be that Alfred was jealous of Kiku because of him..? And not that he liked Kiku..? Arthur felt so very confused now and all he wanted to do was to go hit his head on the wall for misunderstanding such a situation!

He immediately let go of Alfred's shirt and blushed bright red. "I! I'm so sorry!" He cried, but this time, they weren't tears of sorrow. "I thought.. I thought that you liked Kiku..." He mumbled but then he looked up shyly at Alfred, fear and hope in his eyes. "D-did you mean it...? All that you said...?" He didn't really know if Alfred was telling the truth or if it was just a cruel joke that Alfred had decided to play on him. If it was just a cruel joke, Arthur would be crushed.

Arthur just hoped that it wasn't.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Alfred Thu May 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Alfred blinked and quickly nodded when Arthur grapsed his shirt. "Y-Yeah! I wouldn't lie about this..." He said the blush still on his face.

His heart started to beat fast in his chest. Alfred thought for a second before he took Arthur's hand and put it on his chest over his heart so the other could feel it's quick beating. "S-See...?" He questioned quietly. "It's been doing that a lot lately around you..."

Alfred was taken aback when he heard Arthur say he liked Kiku. He quickly shook his head. "No! No I don't like him! I mean... I like him as a friend maybe? I don't know, because he really pissed me off when he tried to hold your hand!" Alfred's eyes narrowed a bit at the memory, and he gave a frown. "And then he said he just did it to see my reaction! And I think he thought it was funny... but it's not funny." He then started to pout and mumble. "Only I can hold your hand. He was thinking of holding your hand, and then was going to sit with you at breakfast, and talk to you the entire time..."

"And of course I meant it!" Alfred nodded quickly again. "You're nice, and smart, and caring, and you don't hate me or are scared of me. And I just want to hold you close and not let anyone hurt you..." Alfred's face started to turn red again.
Hero Alfred
Hero Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Fri May 11, 2012 3:28 am

Arthur felt his heart beat fast when Alfred took Arthur's hand and placed it on his chest, just above his heart. He could feel that Alfred's heart was beating just as fast as his' was. He then pulled his hand back and held it close to himself. He still wasn't sure if he should believe Alfred. After all, it was too good to be true! Things like this don't just happen! Was he really going to have a happy ending..? He really hoped so.

He snapped out from his thoughts when he heard Alfred talk once again. It was so hard to believe that Alfred would be so pissed off at someone just because they tried to hold Arthur's hand. Who knew that Alfred could be the jealous and possessive type? But, it doesn't bother Arthur. Actually, he liked the attention that he was getting. It made him feel like he was important to Alfred.

Now that he has finally calmed down, Arthur properly wiped his tears away. When he saw Alfred out and mumble something about him being the only one to hold his hand, he chuckled. Alfred could be such a child sometimes. He then reached out for Alfred's hand and held it tightly. He looked up shyly at Alfred and gave him a small smile. "You make holding my hand such a big deal when it's not.." He then looked away. "I-It's always been... just you who I'd let hold my hand... Idiot." His face growing redder by the minute.

After a while, Arthur finally pulled his hand away and placed them just above his lap. "I.. I truly had not expected for you to be saying all those things to me.." He admitted, looking down at his hands, avoiding Alfred's eyes. "I.. I'm really happy. Truly, I am! But, I..." He gulped. Arthur was feeling extremely nervous. What if he was taking the whole situation in the wrong way? What if Alfred did not want to be in a relationship with him? What if he just thought of Arthur as a brother that he thinks he needs to protect? But, you wouldn't want to hold, to snuggle and to kiss your brother, right? But, then again, what did he know about what Alfred wants.

He fidgeted for a while before finally speaking up. "What does this make us now..? A-Are we still just friends..? Or are we... m-more...?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next