Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18 - Page 2 Empty Re: Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:06 am

Arthur scoffed, “I don’t need my parents’ permission to do anything. I’m an adult.” As far as he was concerned, anyway. They probably thought differently but he couldn’t see how visiting the city with Alfred would do them any harm.

He was rather taken with the beauty of the city. He had always liked busy places (almost as much as he loved tranquillity), seeing as it wasn’t something experienced very often. He found it all quite breath-taking to see people living their daily lives. Having ridden through the city just yesterday, he could see that it was a very different place when people weren’t lining the streets staring at you.

“I think we came this way yesterday,” he aimlessly told Alfred. He dared to look over at Alfred, “Do you come here on your own often…?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18 - Page 2 Empty Re: Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:11 am

Alfred for a moment thought that he would actually be able to stay civil with Arthur until he heard the other prince's first words. Oh so Arthur was the adult when he himself was the child? They were only two years apart!

"Oh yes. Of course. Excuse me, sir Adult," He muttered with a roll of his eyes.

It truly was a different place and Alfred enjoyed being in all of the chaos of everything. He loved watching his people go on with their normal lives and he had snuck out enough to get along with the villagers. Hell, he even went to a few pubs to get along with his people. He didn't really care about the dangers that came with being out in the city.

"Well there's lots here. Do you have anywhere in mind that you want to go? Maybe you read about something." He soon turned to look at Arthur and when he heard that the other came this way, he soon turned to another road so they were going on a different path. Just to show Arthur some different scenery.

"Yeah, pretty often. I like getting along with my people."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 am

Arthur knew that Alfred’s muttering was supposed to be somehow hurtful but it just made Arthur smile. The situation was ridiculous, really.

“Well, as I implied yesterday, I don’t know all that much about your kingdom. However, I’ve heard about the famous bridge here that was built centuries ago. I’d like to see that… and the Orinthia river. I know there’s a forest just out of the city where it’s less populated. I-I’d like to see it… you know, the one that overlooks the Mumourous mountains?”

He chuckled softly at Alfred’s honesty. “That’s a good thing. I’m sure that you’ll be grateful you have interacted with the people when you come to rule.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

Alfred just smirked a bit at that. "You seem really interested in seeing those things. Not that I don't blame you. Columbia is pretty much the greatest kingdom out there."

In all reality, he had always wanted to visit Albion but he wanted to have something he could at least hold over Arthur if only to be a jerk. Though he thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, I can lead you there. We have to cross the bridge to get to the forest anyways, so it'll be fine."

Soon he headed outside the city gates, easily being able to get out before urging his horse to go faster considering that there were significantly less people around. Eowyn seemed to enjoy herself and finally having that freedom to run around. Yet after a while of riding, they soon arrived at the majestic yet gorgeous bridge that crossed over the Orinthia river. The river was large and the bridge as well and soon Alfred turned to face the other, grinning a bit and his expression that of pride.

"Like it?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 am

Arthur rolled his eyes but decided not to indulge the younger boy with a comeback. At least he was going to be lead to the places he’d asked to visit.

He easily broke out into a gallop to keep up with Alfred once they were out of the way of the city. Nahrin, however, seemed to be not as keen to run as Eowyn. He was probably fatigued from the long journey but Arthur whispered words of encouragement which seemed to keep the stallion running.

Arthur was in awe of the intricately decorated bridge. The writing was archaic and Arthur didn’t understand what it said, but it was carved into the stone, making it all the more majestic; the river was a beautiful blue colour. The current was fast but Arthur wasn’t daunted by it, as he probably should have been from past experiences.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked a little at Alfred.

“Very much.” He had heard before that the Orinthia river was where one of the rarest flowers in the world was discovered; the aven flower. But Arthur wasn’t about to tell Alfred that.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Alfred was a bit dissatisfied that Arthur didn't really seem to be fighting back and he had a feeling that he wouldn't no matter what he said. He wished that there was a way out of the marriage for Madeline's sake. He didn't want her to marry him. But despite this, he knew that he had to remain civil with him if only because they would both rule the kingdom one day and the alliance would be for nothing if they got into fights.

Looking at the edges of the river, he couldn't help but just gaze at the different flowers that grew there. Instead he allowed Arthur to at least enjoy the sight of the bridge and the river, gazing at the magnificent structure as well before beginning to trot his horse across the bridge and towards the forest.

"We better head to the forest before it gets dark. I know a pretty good place that will show the mountains also."

This time he let his horse rest from her previous run as he led her across the bridge and towards the forest, which was just as lovely as the river and bridge if not even more so.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Arthur nodded in agreement, silently and trotted after Alfred. He was amazed by the sheer vastness of the forest. It was very dense, but not nearly enough so to be a thicket. He was pretty sure that if he was alone here, he would probably get lost. And doubtlessly, there would be bandits camping somewhere. But he trusted Alfred enough to know the way, so he followed. In the back of his mind, he knew that he would have to just hope that Alfred wouldn’t suddenly turn on him and stab him.

What a cheerful thought.

“When I was a child, one of my carers,” his wet nurse, “used to tell me stories about this forest, about fairies and goblins. She came from Columbia, you see.” He was desperately trying to make conversation.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Despite temptation, murder was definitely not on the list of things to do to stop the marriage. Though it was quite tempting.

Okay. Very tempting in fact. But that was besides the point.

When Arthur tried to make conversation with him, all Alfred did was raise an eyebrow and glance over at the other. He simply barked out a quick laugh.

"Really? Only stupid people believe in goblins and faeries. The forest might seem magical but there's no such thing as those things. It's pretty though." Alfred simply shrugged as he made his way through the forest, soon turning away from the path so they were instead walking on the grass.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Arthur’s eyes widened at Alfred’s cruel response. Soon enough, he was scowling and beginning to feel angry again.

“Only people with narrow minds deny their childhood stories.” He grit his teeth and as soon as Alfred turned to lead off of the path, he squared his jaw and grunted. “If you think I’m following you off-trail, then you have another thing coming.”

Why was he even bothering with this idiot? All he had to do was try and convince Madeline that he wouldn’t be the end of her life; he had no need to waste his time on someone so arrogant, so stupid, so selfish. It wasn’t just Madeline that was being affected by this marriage, after all. He was being forced into kingship much sooner than he wanted to be.

“I’m going back. I’ve had enough.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Alfred just scowled at that. He knew that magic existed, though Columbia was more for its 'scientific' innovations rather than its magic (though magic was deeply ingrained in Columbia's nature). Yet that didn't mean he accepted the existence of faeries and goblins and all.

"I...I don't have a narrow mind! They're only stories, you know! Nothing more!" He argued back before he gripped the reigns.

"You still need my help to get back to the castle. What did you think I was going to do? Stab you in the back where no one could see you? I told you that there was a good place here in the forest."

Why in the hell did he think he could actually get along with Arthur even slightly? This was just more reason for him not to want Madeline to get married to this guy.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 pm

“So what if they’re stories? Does that mean that people that enjoy them are idiots? I bet that as a child you were entertained with these stories!”

Arthur stallion twitched anxiously beneath him, knowing that he would be made to gallop in a minute. The poor creature was obviously preparing himself for it. He placed a hand on Nahrin’s neck to keep him steady, to comfort him as he continued to argue with Alfred.

“I don’t need your help! I’m not an invalid. I can remember the way that we came.” He was glowering at him, not a particularly attractive expression on the young man’s face. “Considering the fact that you have been rude and horrible to me from the moment I arrived, I think I have valid reasons to suspect you of anything.”

His own uncle had pushed him into a lake in Albion when he was small, after all. He would have died had a villager not heard him and come to his rescue. He hadn’t ever had the courage to tell his father he was pushed, he simply said that he fell in. If he could suspect a relative, then he felt no shame in suspecting a moronic 14-year-old.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Alfred nearly fumed at that and he huffed, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Fine! Go back to the stupid castle! And I never said if you enjoyed it! I said if you actually believed it!" He scowled, getting angrier and angrier. He knew that he was in the wrong here but he placed all the blame on Arthur.

He placed the blame on him because if he wasn't here, then he wouldn't have to worry about Madeline's happiness!

"Go back! Not my fault if you get lost!"

In his anger, he made his horse ride off into the forest, looking visibly upset. Despite his rudeness, he didn't want to be suspected of actually wanting to assassinate him! Did he really leave that bad of an impression? He didn't like Arthur but at no point did he actually want to kill him! He just didn't like that his sister had to be married at such a young age.

He knew it was all of his fault and he was frustrated at himself as well.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Arthur turned his nose up at him and watched Alfred ride away into the darkness of the forest. He was beginning to realise that it would look bad if Arthur returned alone. The countries were not yet entirely allied, so the people there would have every reason to think that Arthur had hurt Alfred.

He had managed to get back to the bridge by the point that he’d decided he was wrong and should wait. However, he knew that he’d get lost if he turned around and tried to find Alfred. There was no chance of him finding Alfred without getting lost, himself. He sighed heavily and cursed. He couldn’t go back without him.

He was even beginning to feel bad for accusing Alfred of anything. He knew that it was extremely unlikely that Alfred would ever try to kill him. He did. He just didn’t want to admit that he was being difficult by refusing to co-operate with him.

He dismounted and led Nahrin to the riverside so he could drink and rest for a minute, and also to give Arthur and Alfred some time to cool down before they confronted one another again.

It was around fifteen minutes later that Arthur got back on to his horse and rode into the forest again, now that the sun was beginning to set. He managed to get to where he thought he’d left Alfred (his navigation was good, but not good enough to blindly search through a forest).

“Alfred!” he called, as loud as he could, startling his horse somewhat. “Alfred, where are you?!”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Alfred was pretty certain that Arthur really wouldn't wait for him and that he would just go back to the castle and hit on his sister again. He didn't want that to happen.

He ended up going to his usual hiding place, where he hid away from the nagging teachers and their lessons to hiding away from his responsibilities. It sucked being royalty. He wanted to be with other people! He wanted to live a more common life. Not be stuck in a castle and having to sneak out to get to what he wanted.

Staying there for a good few hours, Alfred finally gave up and knew that he had calmed down quite a bit. He didn't want to look at Arthur though. Maybe he could avoid him for the next three months. Maybe he could run away with Madeline.

Though he knew that they could never last like that.

Soon enough he got back on his horse and started to ride back to where the road was. That was when he heard Arthur's voice and he simply frowned. Yet soon he followed the voice and caught sight of Arthur and he quickly turned his gaze away so the red corners of his eyes wouldn't show.

"You're going to scare all the animals if you yell like that."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Arthur was going to give up hope, having ridden up and down the road for the past few hours, calling for the prince. His throat was becoming sore from shouting. He assumed that Alfred must have gone home some other alternative way, or he’d snuck past to avoid him. Whatever the case, if Alfred wasn’t back at the castle, then he would get them to send out a search party. He hoped it wouldn’t come to that. He’d feel incredibly guilty.

But thankfully, Alfred emerged from the trees. He didn’t notice the redness of his eyes, they were too far apart to tell. But, good Lord, was he relieved to see him.

“Then they shall have to remain scared,” he concluded. “At least you’re here now.” Arthur had been worrying (a little, tiny bit) that Alfred had been abducted or attacked. That would have been awful. He never would have lived it down, either. It would have ruined his reputation. And Alfred would probably be dead, of course.

Despite how much he disliked the other, it seemed a waste for such a pretty face to die.

“Come along,” he ushered and took the lead this time, galloping on ahead.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Alfred still couldn't believe that Arthur was actually there with him. He just sighed a bit and looked over at the other before shrugging a bit.

"Why did you even stay here? I thought you were returning back to the castle," He muttered, slouched over his horse and simply emotionally tired.

It was beginning to get dark and he knew that his parents would start getting worried if they didn't see him around soon enough at dinner. He should have known that he wouldn't have gotten along with Arthur. Alfred just continued on riding, thankful that Arthur was leading the way this time so he would't be able to see his eyes.

That would just have been more embarrassing.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:06 pm

“For reasons unknown to even me, I care about your wellbeing. I wouldn’t have been able to sleep if I didn’t know you’d gotten home safely… Had I been more selfish, then I would have gone home without a care in the world.” Arthur hoped that Alfred wouldn’t able to hear his response as they rode.

Although Arthur didn’t really know where he was going, it seemed that Nahrin did. He was mostly able to rely on the horse until he reached familiar surroundings. They had to slow down to travel through the city and Arthur took the opportunity to fall back so he was at Alfred’s side.

“Where did you go? You were gone for hours.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Looking straight ahead, Alfred refused to look over at Arthur, even when they were in the city and trotting next to each other. Despite the fact that he disliked the other prince, he had to admit that he was a bit touched that he even waited back for him. Probably he only wanted to keep a favourable impression on his parents so that they wouldn't blame him just in case he got hurt.

That was probably the only reason. After all, why else would he care for a brat like himself?

"I just went to where I told you I was going to bring you. You missed out on a beautiful sight," He huffed, running a hand through his hair as they slowly began to approach the castle.

Maybe he would just get some of his dinner brought to his bedroom and then retire for the night. It's what he needed.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:19 pm

“Well, perhaps some other time, then?” Arthur shrugged, not sure if he meant it or not. He wasn’t entirely certain that he wanted another repeat of what just happened. He looked across at Alfred, trying to smile politely, but then he noticed a telling puffiness to Alfred’s eyes. He wanted to say something about it but decided that it would probably be best not to. He pursed his lips and concentrated on the road ahead of them.

When they finally returned to the stables, Arthur was more than ready to dismount. It wasn’t at all comfortable to ride for an entire day. His hips and legs ached. They’d probably missed dinner, at least. He would quite like to go and lie down. All chances of going for a walk through the gardens with Madeline were out of the question now that it was dark.

He handed the reigns to the stable boy with a nod and waited for Alfred before he said (not without hesitation): “Thank you for showing me around today. I certainly feel… enriched about the area now.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Alfred paused at that before shrugging once more.

"Yeah, sure. Maybe some other time. You're here for three long months after all," He reasoned out though he really didn't want to show Arthur that place anymore. In fact, he regretted taking him out. He should have just shown him through the castle and left it at that. He didn't have to take him out into the city and even out.

Giving his horse to the stable boy, Alfred just sighed and stretched out. It was a long trip and they were gone for almost the whole entire day.

"Sorry for making you wait." That was all the younger prince said before walking past Arthur and towards the castle. He quickly met up with his sister, assuring her that nothing was wrong and they simply got too carried away exploring the city. Smiling at her and leaning down to kiss her cheek, he soon retired to his chambers for the night.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Arthur hummed in agreement. He didn’t want to be there, either. But in three months, he would return home with his new bride, ready for when the time came for him to rule Albion.

He didn’t bother to respond to Alfred’s apology. An apology was an apology, he supposed? He didn’t really know what he could do or say to snap the boy out of this ‘angst’ thing he was doing. It wasn’t his problem.

He went to speak with his mother about Alfred and asked for some consolation. Aside from a loving hug and kiss, his mother didn’t offer much comfort. He was told that it was normal and that he would have to get used to it. After bidding her good night, he went to bed. He would have liked to visit Madeline, but it was hardly appropriate for him to do so at this hour, particularly her chambers. The only part of him that protested were his hormones, but he ignored them.

As he lay in bed, he couldn’t get the image of Alfred’s sad face out of his mind, no matter how hard he tried. And he didn’t know why.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Throughout the next few weeks, Alfred began to feel more and more excluded and his reasons to hate Arthur was beginning to dwindle down. Yet at the same time, he wanted to continue on hating him! He couldn't just stop!

Yet Madeline still seemed to be happy around Arthur, smiling and flushing around him. She seemed to be enamoured enough with him though he didn't know if she actually had a crush on him or just flustered easily.

Though it was seeming as if Madeline was needing less of her brother. She sat mainly next to Arthur now and she would walk in the gardens with him. Not once had she asked for the company of her brother ever since she started to get attached to Arthur and it made Alfred only angrier that Arthur was taking her away from him.

He didn't say anything about it though. His comments were snappy whenever he talked with Arthur and he couldn't help but sulk around the castle.

One day he found himself in the gardens, now that Arthur and Madeline were gone from it and he simply sat on the bench, plucking at the thorns of a rose he picked out.

"Stupid...Arthur...!" He growled under his breath as he started to rip the petals out of the rose. It reminded him too much of Arthur for some reason. "I hate you!"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Which was where Brutus came in. He had been observing the young Columbian prince ever since his family’s arrival three weeks ago. The boy was strong, athletic and he hated Arthur, his nephew. Words could not possibly begin to describe the pleasure that it was to know that he may very well be able to do what he wanted to do all those years ago when Arthur was a child.

The only way that Brutus would be able to claim the crown and rightfully take what was his, was to kill Arthur. When he and his brother had been a child, they also had, had a sister who was unfortunately savaged and killed by wolves. Brutus,, the eldest had been blamed although it was not his fault, he hadn’t been there at the time. His brother, Anthony (Arthur’s father and the current king of Albion) had been present but didn’t try to help her, despite being fully capable of using his sword. Brutus was bitter for it. He’d never forgiven Anthony and had been robbed of his crown as his parents skipped him and crowned his younger sibling.

Seeing Alfred was alone, Brutus made his way through the gardens to stand before Alfred.

“Hate who, my dear boy?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Alfred stiffened up when he heard the somewhat familiar yet all at the same time unfamiliar voice. He soon looked up to see Brutus and he definitely knew this man. This was Arthur's uncle though he didn't know too much about him. He never really seemed to say much about Arthur and he felt terrible for being caught in the act of pretty much announcing his hate for the prince in front of his relative.

He was about to lie out of his teeth but soon he sulked and sighed.

"Your nephew. I'm sorry...I didn't mean any disrespect."

It was embarrassing and he just hoped that Brutus wouldn't tell anyone. He shifted uncomfortably on the bench and soon let the rose fall down to the ground. Why was he here anyways? Maybe he just wanted to see the garden.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

The man just laughed throatily and took a seat beside Alfred. He arched a thick eyebrow, smirking down at Alfred.

“None taken, your highness. I dislike him, as well. He’s been completely unreasonable with you, hasn’t he? I’ve noticed.” He shrugged, nonchalant. “But that’s Prince Arthur for you. He’s always been rather mean-spirited.”

If he played his cards right, he’d have an accomplice.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next