Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion, Baby [Kingy + Mister]

2 posters

Go down

Fashion, Baby [Kingy + Mister] Empty Fashion, Baby [Kingy + Mister]

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 am

Arthur was waiting for his turn to be called in for an interview with this photographer. His agency had sent him to this particular interview because the shoot was for some doubles shoots and Arthur was due to meet his counterpart in the next few minutes. So far, it seemed as though they were calling in people together that were of different statures.

Arthur wasn’t really ‘skinny’ (or at least he didn’t think so) but he was much more slender than the average man. He worked hard when he went running to keep in shape and worked on his arms in the gym so he at least had something masculine about his shape. When he had first started in the industry, he’d been able to get away with the straight-up-and-down look that let clothes just hang off of him. But he was older now. Almost thirty and needed to make sure that he still had a selling point aside from his facial features; he had very vibrant, green eyes and a long, almost-perfect nose. All natural of course, though he’d had to start dying his hair a little when he’d found a couple of greys (oh how he’d sobbed about that).

He waited impatiently to be called forward.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Fashion, Baby [Kingy + Mister] Empty Re: Fashion, Baby [Kingy + Mister]

Post by King of Spades Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 pm

For many years Alfred F. Jones was a model for youthful fashion. His agency was convinced that he was their sunshine and breeze of fresh air. With eyes of a commercial blue and yet always challengingly gazing at the camera, he was indeed a darling of teenage magazines and streetwear fashion. Even after his 26th birthday he was still posing for young adults - it was as if time and age were frozen for Alfred Jones. So he kept wearing the in style shirts and metrosexual skinny jeans with faded colour, selling affordable clothes with his unattainable body.

That was until they discovered that combing Alfred's hair backwards and putting him in a sharp 500$ suit would result in a mature high end model capable of giving off an air of sophistication and subtle seduction, and that without losing his youthful flair. So Alfred slowly disappeared from the teen magazines and made his debut in high fashion. If he was to be honest, he would say that he enjoyed doing the work for a more mature audience, as even though he hadn't shown any drastic signs of aging just yet, he knew he couldn't stay in the young department forever. Still, he was always nervous whenever he was booked for an expensive brand. The people were nice enough, but he couldn't help feeling intimidated as someone with a long streetwear history.

But Alfred Jones was not someone to submit to thoughts of inferiority - a surviver and hero was always striving to be the best.

And today he wouldn't be posing alone. And he admittedly dreaded the session. During his previous carreer he had had several group shootings, and they had been his favourite ones. Though this time it wouldn't be in a casual atmosphere. What if his partner was some stuck up snob or a really famous top model? Alfred was an oblivious piece of sunshine, but it didn't mean that he wasn't capable of feeling pressure. First, they would meet in an interview. Actually, they were already casted for the shoot, but an interview was mandatory.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

http://rurushuu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:35 pm

"Alfred Jones and Arthur Kirkland?" a woman appeared at the door, politely smiling at the model-filled room. "David Kallyfer with see you now and discuss the shoot this afternoon."

Arthur stood up as his name was mentioned, adjusting the lapels of his tweed suit. He always dressed smartly for his job, even if it was just something like this or simply turning up to a shoot. He liked to be considered stylish and worthy of working in such an industry. Arthur normally was quite bland in comparison to Arthur Kirkland, the man he'd fashioned himself to be. As a teenager, he'd been bullied about his eyebrows and lanky appearance. They certainly didn't laugh anymore when he signed a contract with Storm.

He headed into the interview room, giving a small nod to the photographer's assistant in the door as he passed. He didn't care to look and see who he was going to work with (though he was a little nervous that the other model would be taller, more attractive and youthful than he was).

He shook hands with the photographer and took a seat when invited to, looking across, at last, to the other model.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 am

Alfred had spent the waiting period trying to figure out the model he was going to be paired up with, but looking at the small ocean of models and their respective managers provided far too many options. And when their names were finally called out, he was only able to catch a glimpse of the other man's face, who rose from his seat to follow the lady. And now he was only staring at the man's back, not sure whether or not he should tap and greet him from behind. Then again, the other model didn't even bother to greet him either. So he should just wait for the interview.

He had never worked with this particular photographer before. He only knew that he had been in the business for more than twenty years, therefore he probably had a sackful of experience with countless successful models before. Alfred was excited.

Sitting down, he could barely stop himself from fidgeting around.

Finally, the other model regarded him - and so did Alfred. The American was aware that a composed demeanour was the way to give a good first impression, but as always whenever he was nervous, he just smiled widely and shook his partner's hand energetically and the words just streamed out of him like a verbal vomit. "Hey there, name is Alfred F. Jones, you can call me Al if you like. I'm 26 and soon to be 27 this July 4th. I like any kind of food. I like movies. I enjoy going to Jazz clubs. My recent dream is to be on the GQ cover."

Well, to be fair, the only important part he had to play was in front of the camera. So being a dork out of its viewfinder shouldn't really be catastrophic, except his partner didn't like loud people - well then, whoops.

But during the handshake he was finally able to pay detailed attention to the other model's looks. For starters, Alfred was instantly awed by the personification of dandy and classy. Unforgettable eyebrows and a distinct face shape, accompanied by a pair of striking green eyes. And Alfred almost instantly regretted the way he introduced himself. And he was only in a somewhat decent shirt while the other was in a tweed suit.

It didn't look like they could ever be friends. Alfred only hoped that at least they could be agreeable colleagues.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:47 am

The other man wasn’t bad looking, at all. Not by any means. Well, he was a model so he was bound to be attractive, really. He had large blue eyes and a sickeningly heart-warming smile that Arthur did his best to ignore. He couldn’t help but turn his nose up at the other man’s attire, though. He looked kind of like a slob, not a trait that Arthur appreciated.

Still, he nodded politely and gave a tight-lipped smile, shaking his hand… though it felt more like he was being shaken rather than sharing a handshake. The other man – “Al”, if he heard correctly – was incredibly strong. It made sense, he supposed, considering that the other had such large muscles.

“Pleasure,” he simply said, primly as he pried his hand away from Alfred’s. “Arthur Kirkland,” he introduced indifferently before looking across the table before them to the man on the other side, who seemed to be watching them with some amusement.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Ah - he felt a little bit rejected. It was to be epected though, they really didn't look like they were standing on the same level. Still, he couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed by the indifferent attitude. After all, Alfred wasn't chosen for this job for a lousy reason. He was the perfect model for this shoot.

Now that he was thinking about it, what kind of photoshoot was this going to be anyway? He should have read the job description.

"So, what is this going to be about?"
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:46 am

Arthur either didn't notice or ignored how Alfred's bright mood seemed to falter.

The man across from them smiled pleasantly, interlacing his fingers on the desk. He eyed Alfred and Arthur closely, quite satisfied that the two of them had been cast for this particular shoot; they were both similar appearance-wise (more like they both had blond hair) and yet they were so different physically and in how they dressed themselves.

"The editorial is called 'The Modern Man' and challenges the ideas of what, in modern society, we consider to be masculine and what it is to be a 'man'."

Arthur had the sneaking suspicion that they were going to make him the more effeminate one and narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, accordingly with his thoughts.

"The shoot that you will both be needed in will take place on a bedroom set that was have created here in this hotel," the photographer gestured broadly and upon seeing Arthur visibly tense, he laughed. "I promise it's nothing lewd that goes against your contracts."

"What will it involve us doing?" Arthur asked testily, folding one leg over the other as he adopted a deliberate stand-offish position.

"Well, Mr Kirkland, you and Mr Jones will be recreating the morning routine of a young, successful couple-"

"Excuse me?" the Brit's throat felt tight. Homosexuality wasn't an issue here; he was gay himself - but doubles were not something that the was used to doing, let alone pretending to be deeply in love with his counterpart. He glanced at Alfred beside him cautiously.

"You see, a part of modern society is... well, the gay man. There are incredibly successful gay men in the world, working as CEO's and such. We selected the both of you because, Mr Jones, forgive me if this offends you, but you have a somewhat 'ideal' body to a lot of homosexual men." Arthur wrinkled his nose, trying not to picture it. "And you, Mr Kirkland, are, for lack of a better word, very effeminate looking in your physique."

Arthur rolled his eyes but didn't try to deny it. He knew it.

"In total, we will be attempting three different shots, however only one will be used in the final cut." The man paused for a few moments before clearing his throat. "Before I have you sign the necessary paperwork and we go to make-up, I would like confirm that you're both comfortable with this?" He didn't want to have awkward models ruining his work.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 am

Alfred had his head turned to one side, hand resting against his forehead. So, that's how it is. His body was ideal. He was Adonis. It would be a sin to keep his beauty away from the sight of his homosexual brothers.

"I'll do it," he said without a second thought. "Use my ideal body however you like."

The fact that his appearance had been praised to the skies surely was enough to pull him out of his inferiority complex towards his partner model.

"I assure you, I'll try my very best to realise your vision, boss."
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:43 pm

The photographer smiled pleasantly across at Alfred.

"Thank you for your co-operation, Mr Jones. I hope that I can expect the same sort of dedication from you, Mr Kirkland?"

Arthur sighed, brow furrowed. He needed the money. His gaze flickered across to Alfred again briefly. He was sure that he could pretend to... find him attractive. It wasn't as though the other model was bad-looking. He was very much his type, actually; tall, muscular, tanned. He gave it some thought for a couple of moments before he nodded once in consent.

"I would be happy to help," he said, though it was through gritted teeth in a forced smile.

"Great," the man handed them both a consent form and a pen. "Just sign at the bottom there and we can get on with the shoot in the next couple of hours."

Arthur took his time to read the terms and conditions before signing the form and handing it back across to 'David Kallyfer'.

"I suggest," the photographer continued, "that you spend the next few hours getting to know one another in make-up. Really get to know each other, you know? It will help with the shoot a lot, you'll be more comfortable with each other."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down