Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18

2 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18 - Page 7 Empty Re: Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:44 am

Alfred held his hand out towards Arthur, wanting him to stay though at the same time, he was too far and the other was already leaving. He simply sighed and closed his eyes, running a hand through his hair.

Time would tell?

Even that was more than what he actually deserved. He didn't deserve to even have a chance of forgiveness.

Soon enough, Madeline came rushing into the room, quickly climbing on the bed as she hugged her brother close. Her parents soon followed shortly after. Alfred sighed and gave them a weak smile, despite his mother's worrying gaze.

"I'm alright. I'm just really sleepy," He assured softly as sat up on the bed instead.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18 - Page 7 Empty Re: Halcyon [Mister + Assi] - R-18

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:51 am

Arthur spent the rest of the day riding, exercising Nahrin on the castle grounds. He didn’t want to go beyond the castle walls, he was too afraid to. He didn’t think he’d be leaving the castle anytime soon. There were too many people in the world that wanted him dead. It wasn’t worth the risk, it wasn’t worth the risk.

Arthur made the promise to himself that he would now only allow time to see Madeline, when she was not busy with other tasks, of course. If he focused his full attention on her and trying to be a good fiancé, then he wouldn’t have to be concerned with anything else.

Or at least he hoped that, that would be how it worked.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 am

About two weeks had passed and Alfred really didn't know what to do with himself. Madeline, though she loved her brother and all, had stayed in Arthur's company and he really couldn't do anything about it. Alfred himself was rather lonely though. In fact, extremely lonely. He feared going to the dungeon underneath the castle lest he wanted to see Brutus once more and be bitterly reminded of how he terribly failed his only friendship in the court.

He wanted to go outside the castle, take his mind off of everything but his mother wouldn't allow it. She was too concerned about his health after drinking al of that potion and she wanted him in her sight. She didn't want him to do another stupid thing like that but out of the gaze of the royal family.

They couldn't have a dead prince after all.

Alfred was lonely though and when he passed Arthur by in the castle, he would quickly turn his gaze away and slump a bit.

Yet soon enough Alfred couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't take the silence anymore and even if Arthur was angry at him for what he was about to do, he couldn't help himself. Anything to rid of this loneliness.

So one day when he knew that Madeline was busy and away, Alfred hesitantly approached Arthur.

"Prince Arthur," He started off, letting the words roll of his tongue uncomfortably. "...Maybe you would like to play some chess?" The words hanged uncomfortably in the air and Alfred wanted to retreat back to his bedroom.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:41 am

Arthur had taken the lack of distraction (Alfred) as time to woo Madeline all the more. He kissed her just the other day. It had been a little uncomfortable but he supposed that it was probably her first kiss. He still was anxious about the fact that he was going to have to marry her and have children with her, but he was sure that even if they both had separate lovers and such in their reign, that they would always be friends. Not being sexually attracted to one another did not mean that they couldn’t have a strong, intimate friendship.

Arthur had avoided Alfred as often as possible, no where near forgiving him,. He’d been kept awake for nights, wondering what it was that he could have done differently that would have meant that Alfred wouldn’t have tried to kill him. He had always just been himself, and he thought that was a good thing?

When Alfred approached him, Arthur tensed. He was reading on a bench in one of the castle’s corridors. He frowned at the invitation.

“What makes you think that I want to play chess with you?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:49 am

Alfred knew that Madeline really, really liked Arthur and admittedly, there was nothing that he could do about it. Even if Arthur didn't feel the same way about her. He was pretty sure he didn't.

He knew that his invitation was going to be rejected. It was the only logical answer considering that they had been avoiding each other for two weeks now. Instead Alfred laughed nervously, running a hand through his golden locks and taking a few steps back.

"Sorry, I-I'll take my leave now. Sorry for bothering you."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am

Arthur arched an eyebrow before rolling his eyes.

“You say it as though you are asking a favour of me,” he said carefully, eyeing Alfred. “You are not bothering me, however you have disturbed me. I doubt I’ll be able to get back into my book now,” he sighed and closed the book in his lap. “You want to play chess? You know that you’ll only lose.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:58 am

Alfred looked at Arthur with complete and utter surprise. If anything, that was the farthest answer he was actually expecting and he really didn't know what to do with himself.

He only gave him a small smile, tired but a bit more genuine.

"Maybe I'll win by luck. I've done it a few times."

Only a few though.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:30 am

“Hmm, perhaps. I trust that you would be more likely to win against someone less experienced at the game than I,” Arthur shifted uncomfortably, turning his body away. He wasn’t going to make this easy for Alfred, although it was definitely possible to get him to change his mind.

He sighed.

“You’re bored, aren’t you?” he paused. "I am, too."
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:52 am

Alfred just kept his gaze steady on Arthur and he knew that despite his own feelings about all of this, he also needed the other to trust him again if they ever wanted their kingdoms to be joined in that alliance. He needed to do this, if not for himself, than the kingdom.

Though he wanted to rebuild their relationship for well...both of their sakes as well.

"Extremely bored. There's only so much you can do alone before you start driving yourself insane, you know."

He soon took a seat close to Arthur but not right next to him.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:20 am

Arthur hummed softly.

“Perhaps I’ll indulge you for now,” he mumbled. “For the sake of your poor, under-used brain.” He glanced across at Alfred as he sat beside him. “I don’t feel like playing chess,” he said honestly. “I’d rather do something else.” He wanted to go out of the castle, but it was too dangerous.

Especially with Alfred.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:23 am

Alfred hesitated at that and he looked over at Arthur, somewhat confused.

"Something else?" He asked, thinking. "...What do you want to do then?"

He actually was rather curious. It seemed like chess was the safest thing for them right now which is why he chose it, even though he wasn't very particular on it. Alfred felt his cheeks redden from sheer embarrassment at Arthur's words.

"I don't have a poor, under-used brain!"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:29 am

Arthur shrugged, “I don’t know. You’re the one that lives here, not me. How am I supposed to know what’s available to do?”

He felt somewhat smug as Alfred turned red.

“Evidently you do, if you’re bored enough to approach someone that you shouldn’t.” He tilted his head to one side and gave him a sceptical look. “I hope that you realise you’re technically putting yourself in a lot of danger currently,” he had a slight sparkle to his eyes, proof that he was joking.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:33 am

Alfred shrugged himself.

"Well, because I'm pretty sure you're still cautious of me so I want to do what you want to do so it doesn't seem like I'm luring you somewhere or something like that," He admitted. Maybe he shouldn't have necessarily spoken out his thoughts but he really couldn't help himself.

Looking at the sparkle in Arthur's eyes, Alfred finally relaxed more and he couldn't help but laugh. He tried to cover it but it still came out.

"That's a risk I can take."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 am

Arthur rolled his eyes a little but smiled slightly.

“Fool,” he muttered affectionately and tapped the top of Alfred’s head with his book. He stood up and held his book close, lest Alfred tried to grab for it.

“Why don’t you show me your favourite place in the castle?” he suggested.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:55 am

Alfred had to actually think about that for a moment and he didn't necessarily want to take him anywhere that was obscure lest he wanted to make Arthur nervous again. So he thought of his favourite room.

"I have somewhere!" He said eagerly, smiling as he stood up though he couldn't help but rub his head a bit after his head was tapped with the book.

"Come on! Not a lot of people come to it but I still love it."

With that, he quickly headed off through one of the hallways, up the stairs and looking around at the countless amounts of rooms for his favourite one.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 am

Arthur nodded once and followed him, being quiet the entire time. He hoped that he would start trusting Alfred again but for now, he would regard him from a distance. He wouldn’t let him get too close, and he wouldn’t allow himself to relax entirely.

Attempted murder wasn’t easily forgiven, after all.

He wasn’t quite able to keep up with Alfred, but he saw where he was headed and hence didn’t lose him.

“Where are we going?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:12 am

Alfred turned around so he was walking backwards instead, keeping his gaze on the other. He simply smiled at him.

"The music room!"

Soon enough he stopped in his tracks and gazed at the large doors before finally opening them. As he opened the doors, he couldn't help but relax at the sight of the instruments laid out. They all ranged from harps to hurdy-gurdys to viols and more.

"I've always enjoyed music, you know. I don't have a great voice but I can play."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:23 am

“The music room?” Arthur echoed curiously.

Arthur looked around the room, admiring the instruments. He could sing but that was about it. His voice had never been nurtured because of his status; he was never allowed to join any choirs. His parents didn’t seem to approve of giving him any vocal training, either. It wouldn’t help him run the kingdom and hence was unnecessary.

“What do you play?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

Alfred nodded and grinned.

"Well my parents always thought it was important to be in touch with the cultures that were in this kingdom so I play quite a few of these instruments. But I'm best with the viol."

He pointed to a stringed instrument, "violin-shaped" yet a bit more flat.

Soon he grabbed it as well as the viol bow before stepping a bit closer to Arthur again.

"Do you play or sing?" He asked curiously though he got into position and started to play a quicker song more of the Celtic origin, fingers deftly moving across the strings as he played the song with practised ease.

He played the song with liveliness and he had to admit that when he played the viol, everything else didn't really seem to matter.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 am

Arthur pursed his lips, shrugging. He didn’t really feel all that comfortable at the prospect that Alfred was about to make him start singing (as it was all he could do). He was quite impressed that Alfred could play, however. He didn’t strike Arthur as the type to make an effort to learn an instrument of some sort.

It appeared that Alfred was more talented than Arthur had originally thought.

He was quiet, just listening to Alfred for his reluctance to answer the question.

“I sing,” he eventually answered. “If you can call it that. My parents didn’t allow me to have lessons in music or art.” Everything he knew, he’d read.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 am

Alfred really wasn't trying to make Arthur sing but rather he was just playing the viol, comfortable and relaxing. He needed this kind of relaxation, especially after all the stress. He stopped playing the instrument as he listened to the Arthur and he simply frowned.

"They won't let you have lessons in music and art? Why not? My parents always told me that that it's good to be cultured and to have some understanding of the arts. It's not the most important thing but it does build an understanding with the overall culture."

He paused for a moment before smiling and motioning Arthur closer.

"What songs do you know? Your parents won't find us here. Only if you want to though!"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 am

“That’s what some of my books were for,” Arthur reasoned. He didn’t agree with his parents at all, but he understood their motives. He knew that learning how to rule one day was far more of a priority than being able to play a pretty-sounding instrument.

He shifted from foot to foot.

“I agree that culture is important, however, it is not as important as learning how to be king, to understand finance and politics.” He frowned a little, staring at the floor so that he wouldn’t have to look at Alfred. “My parents wanted me to focus on my studies and not daydream.” Which he had been prone to do as a child until it was smacked out of him.

“I… I mostly know hymns and slow songs. I don’t know anything similar to what you were playing.” He only knew songs from church visits and choirs, after all.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 am

Alfred nodded. "Yeah, but if you like singing, then do it. Being a king is stressful and to be a good ruler, you need to be able to have a moment to clear your mind when a million things are running through your mind," He pointed out.

With a sigh, he thought about it.

"I know a few slow songs. I won't force you to sing though," He promised with a kind smile though he could tell that Arthur still really didn't want to look at him. Instead he sat on the bench, feeling a bit awkward.

Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:23 am

Arthur laughed, sounding somewhat bitter.

“I sing. Of course I sing. Who doesn’t sing? When you’re alone or sad or even happy, you have to release the emotion, do you not?” He sighed slightly. “Song is a wonderful thing…” he’d spent many hours as a child, listening to the choir boys rehearse in the chapel. They had such beautiful voices, Arthur had always been jealous of them. Once, when he stayed until after the rehearsal was over, the choir master asked him to come and sing with him. It was a thrilling moment for Arthur, finding out that he could create the same, melodic tones as the other boys.

He learnt all of his songs from the man (aside from the tunes he had heard in passing as he grew older).

He came to sit beside Alfred on the bench.

“I’ll sing to you someday, Alfred… but I would rather listen to you play for now.”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:28 am

Alfred just kept his gaze on Arthur before nodding.

"It is a wonderful thing. I wish I was blessed from those up high with a good voice. My parents always told me that I should just stick with instruments."

He simply laughed and he positioned the viol again. He was surprised that Arthur actually wanted to sit with him and actually just listen to him playing.

"Are you sure you actually just want to sit here with me and listen to me? You must have better things to do."

Thinking about something, he began to play again, a slower and more melodic sound this time around. If he had the choice between playing an instrument and taking on the responsibilities of the king, he would much rather play his instruments until the end of time.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next