Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

2 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

On The Force (Case 2) [R-18] - Page 10 Empty Re: On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

Post by Detective Jones Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Alfred waited..and waited...and he started to wonder if Arthur was even home. Then the door flew open and he nearly stumbled back as he found a gun pointed in his direction. Although admitted the person behind the gun was a whole other impression. Those pajamas, Alfred had to cover his mouth to keep from snickering. They really suited Arthur it was kind of adorable.

"Why wouldn't you expect that?" He asks as he steps in slowly. He hadn't been to Arthur
s place since the fight. He hoped that for Arthur the good memories they had here outweigh that bad night. He looks around, and while the place doesn't appear messy he can tell that Arthur hasn't been up to his meticulous routine.

Usually he would make himself at home on the sofa, pulling Arthur into his lap and turn on the tv. Now he stood respectfully in the middle of the room, hands shoved into his pockets to keep himself from playing with anything. "I heard you finally got let out. How are you doing?" Is the first thing he asks.

Last edited by Detective Jones on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Arthur nervously locked the front door and turned to face Alfred. The American's unusual behaviour was very unsettling. Usually he'd be doing whatever he liked, not standing in the middle of the room, looking at Arthur with that unreadable expression.  Arthur began to take on the look of a cornered rabbit, eyes wide and cautious.

He'd avoided venturing out of his bedroom since returning home. Just being in the living room made his heart ache, remembering the words that Alfred had spat at him so hatefully. He knew that it was his fault, and that his words had likely been just as bad, but... It still hurt. It hurt because Arthur himself had always believed it, and Alfred had only confirmed it.

"I..." he cleared his throat fiddled with his gun, clicking the safety back on. "I'm tired," he said simply. And he was. It was obvious from his slumped shoulders, abnormal paleness and sunken eyes. "I'm so tired." He turned to set the gun down on the table, and sighed. Arthur was supposed to take his next dose of medication now, but he didn't feel like it. He was numb, anyway.

"Why are you here?" he asked quietly, still looking down at his gun. "We aren't together anymore... Right? So there's no need to concern yourself with me."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:02 am

Alfred frowned it was clear by the look on Arthur's face that he was still remembering that night. Alfred had come over than with only the best intentions. He had come because he wanted Arthur's help and before that He had only tried to get Arthur the problem at the station but he hadn't listened. Was he even listening now? It irritated Alfred a bit but he pushed those feelings again, this was no time for that.

"If your tired sit down." Alfred says gesturing to the couch and pulling a blanket from the back of it, holding it up as an invitation. He could still make the man comfortable even if they weren't together right? There were no rules against taking care of your ex-boyfriend right?

"I was worried about you. Duh." He says in response to Arthur's question. "Even I'm still having trouble getting around and I have Matthew to help me...I want to be the one you have to rely on." He says and almost as if he's back in high school again, he's blushing at saying such things. "So just leave it to me!" He says with a hint of his old smile again.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Arthur obediently shuffled towards the couch. He knew that he wasn't supposed to be up and walking around, and if Scott knew he'd probably throw a fit. Arthur stiffly seated himself and drew the blanket closer after Alfred draped it over him. He could almost imagine that the fight had never happened, that they were still happy and together. Alfred was taking care of him. 

"You should sit down, too," he said quickly, trying to control his emotions. "I'm not the only one who's hurt."

The feeling of Alfred seated on the same couch as him, close enough to touch yet so far away... It hurt. Arthur turned away and drew his feet up onto the couch, curling up into the tightest ball he could manage with his aching ribs. Alfred was worried about him. Alfred wanted to take care of him. 

But what did Arthur want...?

He was terrified. Terrified of being hurt, and being told he wasn't good enough. He'd put his trust in Alfred and given him his bruised and fragile heart, only to have it trampled on. He didn't know if he could survive something like that again. He didn't want to be hurt anymore. 

But maybe he was masochistic, because he knew he'd give almost anything to be back in Alfred's arms. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Alfred draped the blanket over Arthur carefully tucking in the edges slightly so that he wouldn't get cold. Then he sat down at Arthur's request smiling a little as he found it funny how even when concerned the other sounds like he's barking out orders.

He sat there for a moment in silence not sure what he should do next. Normally he would reach for Arthur's hand or cuddle up to him but..he knew he wasn't allowed to do that right now. SO instead he leaned over and found the remote turning the tv on but keeping the volume level quiet enough so that it wouldn't bother Arthur if he wanted to doze and sleep.

He wanted to ask if Arthur needed anything else but he knew the answer probably would be nothing that he could give him right now. His eyes trained on the tv but he could hardly keep up with whatever was going on in the show instead he was day dreaming to himself, lost in his own thoughts when suddenly he spoke up.

"What can I do to prove it to you?...I mean. Tell me, how can I show you that I really care enough not to hurt you anymore?"
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:08 pm

"I don't... I don't know," Arthur said quietly. The fact that Alfred had even asked that had to mean something, right? Arthur leaned his head against his knees. His ribs were starting to really hurt, and his arms were aching too. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to skip the medication. Scott would be so angry when he came by later. 

"It hurts," he confessed in a whisper, though whether he was talking about his heart or his body, even he didn't know. "Alfred, even though I didn't tell you everything, you knew..."

But he knew it wasn't right to blame Alfred. It was his own fault. It was always his own fault. 

"I'm just... I'm tired. I'm tired of everything." Still, he stretched out a hand and left it extended half-way between them on the couch. "I love you," he said in a tiny voice, as if he'd get punished for saying it. And he did love Alfred -- he'd never stopped, even during the aftermath of the argument. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 pm

(wtf how did I make two posts? @A@ idk how to delete )

Last edited by Detective Jones on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:10 pm

"I know and I told you I was sorry, even though that can't possibly cover how awful I feel about it." Alfred says looking down at his knees. "I never wanted to hurt you, that was the farthest thing from what I intended Arthur."

He looks up when he feels the couch shift slightly between them and when he sees that hand out of the corner of his eye he takes it in his immediately. He gives a soft reassuring squeeze. "I know I messed up big time..." And then we gets a small idea. "So..let me show you" He suggests scooting closer to Arthur. He turns until he is sideways on the couch facing Arthur. He opens his arms a bit as if hesitant himself, worried that he might set the other man off somehow making him mad or worse, scared.

He moves until he is sitting with his back against the arm of the couch, legs propped up but open to where Arthur can accept his invitation if he wants and lean his back against Alfred's chest instead of being scruched up. Alfred doesn't say another word just waits patiently with a hopeful expression. "No sex this time, ...just let me show you my point of view. If you'll give me the chance because..I love you too.""
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 pm

"I wanted to hurt you, though," Arthur whispered guiltily as he watched Alfred shift on the couch. "I wanted to hurt you as much as you'd hurt me, maybe more..." He slowly uncurled himself, unable to look away from Alfred's open, inviting expression. "I'm sorry." 

He inched closer, wondering if he could trust this man with his heart again. He hesitated, but then he looked up into Alfred's eyes and he knew that he'd already forgiven the American. 

"You could find someone better," he protested softly, even as he slid the rest of the way across the couch and slowly leaned back against Alfred's familiar chest. "Someone less... Used." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, and when he let it out it seemed as if all of the tension in his body drained out with it. Being with Alfred felt so right

Arthur allowed his head to loll back against Alfred's chest. He tugged his sleeves down self-consciously and crossed his arms, but otherwise melted against Alfred. Alfred was so warm
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:45 pm

"You did hurt me." Alfred says quietly but he doesn't take back his offer. "But you said you didn't mean it and I didn't either so..it's alright." He says almost awkwardly.

Alfred smiles though as Arthur leans back against him and he circles his arms around him protectively. "I don't need anyone else though, as long as I've got you. Your perfect just the way you are." He says as he tries to do the same, take a breath to relax but he ends up wincing. Arthur's weight on his chest is slightly painful but he tries not to show it. He doesn't want Arthur on the other side of the couch again. He wants him right here with him, in his arms.

He plays with the edge of one of Arthur's sleeves brushing it with his thumb while the other hand rests across Arthur's stomach lightly. "Do you feel safe like this?" Alfred asks quietly. It's not exactly like the position they had been in the car but it's similar enough Alfred thinks he can get his point across. "I feel close to you like this...there isn't any space between us and I can hold you." He explains quietly. He leans his head down on Arthur's shoulder hiding his face in his shirt there. Dammit why was he tearing up so suddenly. He sniffles sounding he thinks like a spoiled child but he can't help himself as he speaks. "I don't want to let you go."
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Arthur tenses at the question, moving Alfred's hand away from his sleeve. It was nice, and he did feel safe, but... Arthur froze as he heard a sniffle, and he anxiously twisted around to wipe at Alfred's tears. Why was he crying? Arthur felt tears welling up in his own eyes and he blinked furiously in an attempt to keep them at bay.

"I don't want you to let go," he said, his voice shaky. "You're... You make me feel safe. You make me feel like I'm worth something. It's just... I told you, I had bad experiences when being... taken from behind. I knew it was you, but at the same time I was terrified and I didn't feel safe. I couldn't see your face."

He ducked his head again, feeling ashamed. "And I hate that I felt that way, because I know you would never hurt me, but I just... I couldn't help it."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Alfred nods still sniffling and leaning into Arthur's touch as the other wipes at his face. "I'm so so sorry. I'll never do it again I promise so..if I do something you don't like please..speak up and tell me." He pleads before throwing his arms around Arthur's shoulder and clinging to him tightly. He begins hiccuping from how upset he's become and he grits his teeth as it causes the muscles in his stomach to contract painfully.

"Ngh! Shit!" He says before biting his tongue and pulling back a bit to hold his side. He falls back against the side of the couch again exhausted suddenly, breathing hard. He looks up at Arthur trying to summon an amused expression. He lifts up his shirt to show him healing but slowly scaring over stab wound. He still has part of a bandage there, dried and fresh blood sticking to it. Alfred just laughs to himself. "Hey look Arthur...we match now huh?"

He tries his best to laugh it off and pulls his shirt down to touch Arthur's side gently as possible. "How are you though? I mean it, is everything alright?" He brushes fingers up along Arthur's arms once again taking them and kissing his sleeves. "Your beautiful no matter what ya know."
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 pm

"You idiot!" Arthur scolded without thinking, staring down at the covered wound with wide eyes. "What the hell were you thinking, coming all the way here in that state? You should be at home, resting in bed!" Raising his voice and exerting himself caused him to suddenly feel light-headed and he leaned forward, resting against Alfred's shoulder.

"Me?" he mumbled, pulling his arms away from Alfred's hands uncomfortably. "I... Scott comes over every few hours -- you know, my brother? I don't know why he's suddenly so interested in looking after me, he probably just wants to laugh at me or something." He leaned away from the other man, but continued to hold onto Alfred for support. "My ribs ache," he confessed. "And... sometimes I think I can still feel the blood dripping down my arms, even though the cuts have stitched and bandaged. It's... disconcerting."

He looked away as he said all of this. Arthur didn't like opening up and showing weakness, even to someone as close to him as Alfred. He felt disappointed in himself for not being able to handle this. It wasn't the first time he'd gotten into a dangerous situation, after all.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:27 pm

"Don't worry I got Mattie to drop me off." Alfred replies with a small chuckle at Arthur's reaction before he becomes serious again and looks over Arthur's injuries.

"Your brother? Well I'm glad you've had someone looking after you at least" Although Alfred is curious about Arthur's own brother. He's like to see him sometime, survey this strange man connected to the one he loved. He was more concerned about what Arthur said about himself at the moment though.

"YOU should be the one resting." Alfred insists pulling the blanket from earlier up over Arthur's shoulders and urging him to lay down again. "A nap sounds nice doesn't it?" Alfred says half tempted himself to close his eyes and sleep with Arthur close to him again, yes those were the best times when they both could rest peacefully with each other, he thought.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 pm

"Haven't taken my medicine," Arthur confessed drowsily, pressing up close to Alfred. "Scott will be angry." He made no effort to move away though, instead resting his head on Alfred's chest. Sleeping sounded like a good idea, and really, Alfred should be getting some rest as well. He was about to suggest moving to his bed when he remembered something.

"Where does this leave us, then?" he asked, peering up anxiously. They'd talked and apologised to each other, but... they hadn't really come to any real conclusion, had they? At least, not officially. Arthur played with his unicorn-patterned sleeves without looking up. He couldn't find the courage to explain himself, so he simply sat as still as possible and hoped that Alfred would understand what he was trying to ask.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:51 pm

"Then let's get you your medicine." Alfred suggests although he makes no move to get up yet. Arthur is leaned against him and he just can't bring himself to move him for fear that he might not want to cuddle after he's gotten up. Call Alfred sappy he actually worries about these things.

When he hears the question he pauses as if slightly shocked. Ya yeah, they hadn't actually said it yet had they? Alfred had honestly been waiting on Arthur's opinion. "Well..were do you want it to leave us?" He asks carefully. Of course he wanted them to be together again. He'd wanted it from the moment they'd left each other. "You do want an 'us' again right?" He says looking down at Arthur trying to read his expression. He adds much more quietly. " I want an 'us'."
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:06 pm

"I do," Arthur whispered. "I do want an 'us' again," he clarified, slowly summoning the courage to look up into Alfred's eyes. "I want it more than anything else. But... is it really all right?" he asked, fiddling with his sleeves. "I'll most likely bore you after a while."

There was a sudden scraping of a key against the door lock and then the door was thrown open. "Artie, lad," came a boisterous voice. "You still sleeping?"

Arthur squeaked and all but threw himself backwards away from Alfred, mortified at having been caught by his older brother. Close or not, it was still embarrassing. Red-faced, he attempted to glare over the back of the couch. "Don't call me that," he complained loudly, trying to cover up his embarrassment.

"You're supposed to be in bed!" Scott stood with his hands on his hips, having deposited a plastic bag full of tins of soup on the bench top. "Not snogging some bloke."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Alfred looks a bit relieved. "Arthur..you've never bored me if anything you've made my life quiet excit-" Alfred nearly falls over as Arthur tears away from him and it causes him to look slightly befuddled and messy. He hears someone come in the door and judging between the conversation and Arthur's reaction he knows exactly who it is.

"Arthur's bro?" He asks peeking over to get a good look at the man, Alfred himself is still half sprawled out on the couch and he can imagine how this whole thing must look. He suddenly goes red at the ears as well.

Alfred gives a sheepish look to Arthur's brother and attempts to give a proper introduction of himself. He moves to stand, having a slight bit of difficulty but managing his best without looking hurt. He holds out his hand to shake. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alfred. Arthur's boyfriend." And he suddenly realizes this is how Arthur must have felt the first time he met Matthew. Oh god..he did not need a repeat of that day. He smiled and hoped that Arthur's brother was a bit more accepting at first sight.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Scott didn't look the least bit impressed. "His boyfriend, huh." He ignored the hand and instead reached for Arthur's box of pills, tipping it out and counting how many had been taken. "Arthur! You were supposed to have another dose an hour ago!"

"I was going to!" Arthur snapped from his position on the couch.

"You should've taken them already!" Scott filled a glass with tap water and counted out two pills before crossing the room and thrusting them at his younger brother. "Take these, then go to bed. I have something to say to this... boyfriend of yours."

"I most certainly will not go to bed!" Arthur argued. "I'm not a child, Scott!" Still, he obediently swallowed his pills. Even though they hadn't been very close as children, it was still comforting to have his older brother come and care for him. It showed that Scott cared.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Alfred's hand was left in the air for a moment before he realized he's been shunned. He watched the other man go over and give Arthur his pills. Well, at least Scott seemed like a good brother. He was caring for Arthur after all, something Alfred felt like he should have done himself but then again he was family.

Alfred glanced at Arthur with a frown. "You were that late with you medicine?" He gave him a bit of a worried look but that was all he got before he went and sat down, this time with a bit of space between him and Arthur just out of courtesy to Scott. He was determined not to make the same mistakes he did with Matthew.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:00 pm

"I wasn't that late!" Arthur tried to defend himself, scowling. Why on earth was Alfred siding with Scott? "I would have taken them eventually!"

"Eventually isn't soon enough." The red-haired sibling waited until Arthur had placed the glass down onto the coffee table, then grabbed his younger brother and lifted him up into his arms. "And now it's time for you to rest."

"Put me down!" Arthur thrashed once before his ribs began smarting painfully. "That hurts, you bastard!"

"Then stop squirming!" Scott carried him into the bedroom and dumped him not-so-gently onto the bed. "Rest. I'm going to speak with... whatever his name was. I won't murder him, don't you worry."

He closed the door firmly and held the doorknob tightly as Arthur tried to open it from the other side, cursing at his older brother the entire time. "Well, then," he said to Alfred pleasantly, as if he wasn't currently attempting to confine a grown man in his own bedroom. "You're his boyfriend?"
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Alfred is mildly shocked when Scott practically throws Arthur over his shoulder and takes him to his room. Yes Arthur needed to rest but this was slightly counterproductive wasn't it? He sits there awkwardly not sure if he should intervene or not. He decided not, perhaps the brother has a good reason for being so persistent with Arthur..he was a stubburn man after all..Alfred thought it must run in the family then.

Alfred looked up nervously from his spot on the couch. "Yes, I believe that's what I said." He wondered if he should be on guard. This guy almost looked like he could take even Alfred in a fight if it came to it and from the treatment Arthur had received he'd hate to see what the man did to people that weren't his siblings.

"Is that a problem?" He asks trying to sound light and comfortable.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Scott didn't move from his spot in front of Arthur's door. Arthur's curses were beginning to taper off and he could tell that there was less force being used to jiggle the doorknob. "It might be a problem," he said nonchalantly. "After all, if all you're going to do is coddle the lad, of course he's going to keep feeling sorry for himself."

It wasn't that he didn't care for his brother; on the contrary, he was attempting to mend the wide gap that their childhood had left between them. And he knew his brother. Arthur wouldn't break from a bit of tough love. He thrived on it, in fact.

"What did you say your name was?" he asked disinterestedly, letting go of the doorknob for a moment to see if Arthur was still attempting to get out. When it remained still, he pressed his ear to the door and could faintly make out muffled cursing. Apparently Arthur had given up and was now sulking in bed. "You're the kid that worked on the case at the university with him, right? I heard all about what you two got up to."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Alfred looked a bit taken aback. "Excuse me?" He says finally standing up and giving the other an odd look. "What is that supposed to mean? Do you want me to throw him around like you did just then when he's injured?"
Alfred knew that he shouldn't be mouthing off to Arthur's brother but when it was being implied that he wasn't good for Arthur he was going to stand up for himself.

"Oh? You heard all about that?" Alfred asks flushing embarrassed again. What exactly did that constitute and had Arthur told him all about that time really? It wasn't exactly made public news what he and Arthur did undercover after all. Surely Scott wasn't judging him on what they did back then though right?
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

"If you ever even think about 'throwing him around'..." Scott moved closer to Alfred, drawing himself up to his full height menacingly, which was just slightly taller than Alfred. "I'll throw you out of a window twenty storeys up, and I won't even be sorry about it." He glared, stony-faced, at the American.

He narrowed his eyes at Alfred, watching him flush. "Of course I heard all about it. You had him drunk, and on drugs, and I also got some very interesting photos in which you had him handcuffed, and on your lap." He took another step forward until they were almost chest-to-chest, still glaring. "Just because Artie used to be overly promiscuous, doesn't give you the right to put your hands all over him."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next