Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

2 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

On The Force (Case 2) [R-18] - Page 6 Empty Re: On The Force (Case 2) [R-18]

Post by Detective Jones Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am

Alfred winced a little to himself when Arthur snapped at him at answering, but at least he'd answered at all. "Worried?..You worry over the littlest things though." Alfred comments as he leans back and falling against the couch cushions into a layed out position with his feet hanging over the side. He knew that wasn't the best thing to say but well Arthur did have a tendency to jump into defensive mode at the least thing.

Alfred ran a hand through his hair ruffling it up out of frustration. He knew he probably was in the wrong somewhat too though but..he was feeling stubborn today.

He was just about to say something when Arthur chimed in again and it made Alfred stop with his mouth hanging open awkwardly to listen. He didn't laugh though..but for a long moment the line was silent. Ok so, maybe Arthur wasn't overreacting. Alfred felt like a idiot and the sound of Arthur's voice wasn't helping. The last thing he ever wanted was for Arthur to feel hurt.

"Look..I..I'm sorry." Alfred said finally, his voice quieter and clearly he had taken Arthur's words as a bit of discipline. "I didn't mean to scare you, really..I just tried to call you last night and you didn't answer and I thought this morning you might pick up but you didn't and..i really wanted to ..talk to you n' stuff." The more he spoke the more embarrassed Alfred felt. It was his turn to ignore his reddening cheeks and pretend he was just being tough. "I missed you alright." He said puffing out his cheeks and pretending like it was obvious. He reached down and played with the tip of his socks to distract himself while he waited for Arthur to reply, sure that he was going to be further chewed out for being illogical like always.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Arthur made a frustrated sound in the back of his throat. "Damn you!" he said weakly. "Why do you always know the right things to say, you idiotic, gorgeous man?!" He gave a loud sigh and felt himself deflating. "I... Do miss you, too. You know that I do. Even though I only just saw you yesterday... I worry about you, and about Matthew now that he's become involved... I don't want anything to happen to either of you. Please, don't scare me like that again."

He chewed his bottom lip as he finally felt himself relaxing a bit. His grip on his mobile loosened as he eased himself down into an armchair. "Alfred," he said wearily, "have you heard anything from the caller? Has he... Tried to contact you again?" Arthur pressed the phone against his ear and took a deep breath. "You said that he threatened to target Matthew if we didn't stop pursuing him, right? Maybe..." he hesitated. "Perhaps it would be best for you to... Drop the case. Just you, I mean."

He knew already that Alfred wouldn't agree, but he had to at least try, right? Matthew's safety, and indeed Alfred's too, were being threatened. He pressed on determinedly, fiddling with the buttons on his shirt. "We could swap phones," he said, "and I'll deal with the killer. You... Have a duty to keep your brother safe."

Arthur, too, had a duty to keep civilians safe. But as the more experienced officer, and as a boyfriend, he also needed to keep Alfred safe.  He just hoped that Alfred wouldn't take it the wrong way. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 pm

"I know you do." Alfred replied happy that Arthur wasn't mad at him any longer. Not that either of them ever stayed mad at the other anyways. "I'll try to remember."

His lips were even turning up into a smile again until the mention of the killer was brought up. "No, I haven't heard anything. You know you'd be the first person I'd tell if I had." Alfred frowns deeply at Arthur's suggestion though, falling back onto the flattened decorative pillow there that had Arthur's embroidery on it. It had been a gift, to 'civilize' Alfred's house. He pulls it out from under him and holds it to his chest. "Arthur..I'm not just gonna drop the case now. I can't. I want...I have to be involved with bringing this guy in..no one threatens my loved ones and get's away with it. This guy needs to be caught before anyone else is hurt and that's easier with both of us on top of things." He said seriously.

"I can do this." Alfred insisted. "I can keep everyone safe. All I need is some evidence..something..a suspect even. There's not enough information and too many false leads." He groaned into the phones speaker. "but I'm going to stop this before he lays a hand on anyone again."

He knew Arthur was only trying to protect him but in the same way..Alfred was trying to protect Arthur as well. Alfred could imagine if the roles were switched..he'd probably ask the same thing of Arthur. Even knowing that though he couldn't just let things go. He needed Arthur's help..and Arthur needed his.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Arthur bit his lip harshly to stop himself from contradicting Alfred’s words. What his boyfriend didn’t seem to understand was that he couldn’t keep everyone safe. It just wasn’t possible. There was hardly any evidence and they hadn’t even been able to set up a tracing station to try and figure out where the killer’s calls were coming from. Someone else was going to get hurt. Someone else had to get hurt, if they were going to catch the criminal. There was no way that Alfred would be able to stop the killer before another body turned up, not with the amount of evidence and leads that they currently had.

But of course, he couldn’t say that.

“Because you’re a hero, right?” he muttered weakly instead, slumping back against the seat. It wasn’t right to encourage Alfred’s hero complex – though being a policeman was very rewarding, it was hard to consider oneself a hero after working through so many cases and losing so many innocent lives. Civilians were going to get hurt; there was nothing they could do to change that. They could, however, reduce the number of lives lost, but even after apprehending a criminal it was very difficult to erase the blood of the innocent from their consciences.

Alfred would learn that soon enough, though. It would be hard to stay as exuberant and enthusiastic as Alfred in such an occupation.

Arthur opened his mouth to continue, only to be interrupted by a sudden slow beeping in his ear. Confused, he pulled the phone away and peered at it. He was still connected to Alfred, so what was the beeping…? “There’s an incoming call on your end,” he said after a moment of wondering. “Call me back later. We’ll talk then, all right? I… love you.” Blushing, he hung up and put his phone down on the coffee table before glancing around the room. Perhaps he could do a bit more cleaning… after a cup of tea, he decided.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 pm

"Of course." Alfred said trying to sound a bit hopeful in his tone. "That's what hero's do right. They save the day..for everyone no matter what it takes. Just..believe in me ok." He asked Arthur. A small smile on his face despite how frustrated he was. He had always done his best, had always solved the case..and no one had yet to lose their life until this killer had came into the pictures. He wasn't about to let him get away with that.

He was too busy daydreaming to hear the beeping of a incoming call until Arthur spoke up. "Huh? Oh! S-sorry. Lemme get that..I'll call you later ok. I love you too alright, sweetheart." He says cheerfully before switches the call over without even looking at the incoming number. "Jones here~"

"Hello, Detective." A voice he would never forget replies.

Alfred immediately froze, a slow gulp forced down his throat before he could answer. Mouth hanging open a bit not knowing what to say so the voice continues.

"So, have you been listening to my advice?"

"I..No! Your the bad guy, I'm the good guy. I don't take orders from you!" Alfred had to hold his voice back from rising but it wasn't working very well.

"Pity...You might need a little push then."

"What's that..No!..Don't you dare. I'll-"

Click. The other line went dead and all Alfred could do was shout into the disconnected phone. This attracted the attention of Matthew in the next room. Who peeked through the doorway to see what all the noise was about.

"It's nothing." Alfred said when he asked what was wrong. "Just..a work call that's all. I'm fixing to go to the station. Do you wanna come with or stay here?" He asks getting up off the couch in a much less lazy manner then he had used just half an hour before.

Matthew shakes his head. "I'll stay here and clean up after breakfast...I wouldn't want to disturb you with you work anyways."

Alfred gives his brother a small smile in appreciation before he get's his jacket and heads out the door.

When he get's to the station he's determined to head off the killer before he had his chance to make another move. He barges right into the chief's office to get straight to the point.

"Chief! You gotta send some extra guys out on the streets! Give me some extra back up, I wanna go on patrol tonight too. Well, not tonight actually, like right now." He said seriously leaning down with his hands on the edge of the Chief's desk gripping the wood hard enough to splinter.

The Chief sees this and makes a concerned face. "What's got you all riled up Jones? Calm down, I'm sure patrol can do without ya, if your that eager to work there's some more papers that nee-"

Alfred interrupted his boss. "NO! I.." He realized he was shouting and paused to take a breath, when had he started breathing so hard? "I..I think the murderer is going to try and kill someone again..We need to get someone out there looking right now. Time is important, this can't wait. It could be any minute now."

Chief didn't take lightly to being talked over. "Now look here Jones. If what your saying is true. We'll buff patrol tonight but you've got to calm down. I refuse to send a man out there that can't control himself. Do you hear me!"

Alfred looked a little lost. Why weren't they listening to him. He needed to be out there right now. He didn't need to calm down, his panic was fully justified.

"Look Alfred, just..have a seat. I'll do something I promise but first sit down!" The Chief said before turning away and picking up his phone to call the one person who might talk some sense into Alfred.

Alfred looks like a frustrated, kicked puppy who wanted nothing more than to go out but he obeyed and sat in one of the chairs by the door, tapping his foot anxiously, unable to sit still, even more so than usual.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:33 pm

After taking another look around his flat and deciding that there was absolutely no cleaning left to be done, Arthur had headed to the library. He wouldn't be needed at work for a few more hours, so he took his time browsing the shelves and picking a few decent-sounding novels. He liked going to the library. It was quiet and peaceful, two things that were very difficult to obtain with Alfred around. Arthur knelt down to study the bottom shelf of books and flinched as his phone began to ring loudly.

Ignoring the dirty glares from the little old lady at the other end of the aisle, Arthur pulled the phone from his pocket and checked the caller ID. It was the Chief. He quickly placed his selected books on the returns trolley and, with a wistful glance back at the pile of fiction, hurried outside to answer the call.

“Kirkland speaking,” he said. “Has something happened?”

“Kirkland!” The Chief sounded stressed and irritated. “Get to the station right now and keep your partner from doing something foolish!”

“Foolish?” Arthur repeated bemusedly. “What on earth is that lad doing?”

“Just come to the station, Kirkland. Right now. Jones keeps babbling about the murderer.”

The Chief hung up and Arthur suddenly felt a chill. The murderer had contacted Alfred again. That must have been the incoming call earlier. Arthur broke into a run, knowing that the sooner he reached Alfred, the sooner they could try to do something about the killer.

Someone was going to die if they didn't hurry.

He paused to wait at a set of lights, anxiously shifting from foot to foot. He didn't have time to wait for the cars to stop coming, damn it! A sudden scream from behind him caused him to whirl around, his concealed gun at the ready.

A woman was backing out of an alleyway, hand over her mouth. Passer-bys were already crowding around the entrance to the alley and Arthur could hear a shocked murmur ripple through the throng of people. “Move away,” he ordered, brandishing his badge. “Back away! And for God's sake, let me through!”

Eventually he forced his way through the crowd and into the alleyway. Immediately he paled, feeling ill. There was a body. The man was obviously deceased, though the wounds weren't that old. The wounds... slices, gashes and cuts, just like the last victim. The murderer had struck again.

Arthur tucked his gun away and hurriedly called the Chief.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Alfred had about had enough of waiting when the Chief's phone rang again and the man picked up it. Alfred glances his way as if trying to listen in on what the other was saying, wondering what was taking so long. Who was he calling.

The Chief seemed startled though at the news on the other end.
"You've found someone you say?..A..a body?"

He had clearly tried to keep his voice down but Alfred had already heard it. He jumped from his chair and walked over ignoring the Chief's protests and wrestling the phone from the other. Alfred put it to his ear as he still locked arms with the Chief who was still trying to get the device back.

"Who is this? What's going on? A body..d-did someone else die already?" Alfred pulled his voice back from sounding panicked as best he could. "Arthur?..oh thank god your okay."

At this point the Chief gave Alfred a good kick to the shins and retrieved his phone back giving the detective stumbling to the floor a disappointed look.

"Let me talk to him..please.." Alfred pleaded but the Chief refuses and told him to leave the office and wait outside. Alfred knew if he didn't do what he was told he would be in even bigger trouble than he had already made for himself. So he picked up himself from the floor and trudged outside, head held low. At least Arthur was alright, that was something, but the killer..he had gotten someone else so quickly. If they had just listened to him. He might have been able to stop it. He could have done something and that's what tore him up inside.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Passer-bys seemed determined to catch a glimpse of the corpse and Arthur couldn't seem to keep all of them away. Young men, in particular, seemed very eager to see the body and didn't seem to think twice about simply shoving Arthur out of the way. Arthur supposed it was because he wasn't in uniform, and he wasn't as tall and muscular as some of these blokes, but still! How rude.

“I said step back,” he snapped again, firmly blocking a group of young men from entering the alleyway. “If you don't do as I say, you'll be spending the rest of your day behind bars!”

He could hear the sound of police sirens coming closer, and breathed a sigh of relief. Back up would definitely be appreciated. For all he knew, the murderer was probably hiding in the crowd, waiting to see what would happen. Arthur tried to pick out suspicious-looking people from the crowd, but it just wasn't possible. There were too many people who were shocked, scared, angry...

Another hard shove caused him to knock his head against the rough brink wall. Dazed, Arthur clutched at his head and blinked stupidly as a group of people hurried in towards the body, taking pictures. “Oi!” he shouted, pushing himself away from the support of the wall and marching towards the people briskly. “Get those out of here!”

Of course. How could he have forgotten the media? Not everyone in that crowd was an innocent passer-by. Journalists swarmed to these sorts of areas like flies and didn't seem to hesitate before doing anything they could to get their story. Arthur grabbed the camera away from the nearest journalist, scowling darkly. “This is a crime scene,” he hissed, “and I'll not have you contaminating any evidence!” He tried to shield the body from the cameras with his own slender frame, and was surprised when a multitude of microphones were suddenly thrust towards him.

“Officer, what you can tell us about this murder?”

“Have you got a list of suspects yet?”

“Would you say that this is linked to the murder that happened the other night?”

“What are the police doing about these? Are any of us truly safe?”

“Did you have any prior—”

“I am not at liberty to discuss the answers to any of those questions,” he interrupted firmly. “A statement will be released in the coming days, but until then I am telling you to leave.”

Finally, he could see the Chief and Alfred, along with other officers, piling out of police cars and pushing their way through the crowd. Arthur tried to hide his relief. The Chief would deal with the journalists.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm

It toke a while but Alfred finally convinced the Chief to let him come along to the crime scene with him. They both hopped int a police cruiser and sped to the location with the sirens blaring.

When they got there Alfred jumped out of the vehicle before it had even stopped completely. He ran towards the large crowd that had formed and fought his way through not even bothering to say that he was police.

The Chief toke a slightly slower approach, putting on his business face before he called out the crowd and redirected the press to his attention and away from Arthur and Alfred, who had by now caught up with each other.

The first thing Alfred did when he saw Arthur was throw his arms around him. "At least..your safe." Then he spared a glance back towards the scene, the body, and had to release Arthur and lean over the side of the building suddenly as a wave a nausea caught him unexpectedly. He felt sick suddenly..this..this was practically his fault wasn't it. He didn't know if he could take another family giving him dirty looks before he didn't protect their precious, child or husband.

"H-how..what..did you see anything at all, Arthur?" He asks from his slightly slumped over position against the outside brick of the alleyway.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Arthur shifted uncomfortably when he was suddenly enveloped in Alfred's arms. "Not in front of the press," he muttered. It wasn't that he cared about being caught dating Alfred -- far from it, in fact. But aside from losing his anonymity and thus his usefulness on cases that required undercover work, Arthur knew that the police force couldn't handle this sort of scandal on top of being blamed for not doing enough about the murders. It would be easier to simply fire them than have to defend two officers who happened to be partners in more than one sense. 

As Alfred slumped against the wall, looking distinctly green, Arthur grabbed him by the arm and marched him back towards the hoard of patrol cars. He'd been working gruesome cases for a long while, and he still hadn't managed to become entirely numb to them -- he could only imagine how Alfred felt in comparison. 

"I didn't see anything," he said as he opened the door to a patrol car and all but shoved Alfred inside the back. "I heard someone scream... And when I went to look, the body was already there." He shook his head in frustration. "I'm sure he's around here somewhere, though. The body can't have been here for long; his blood has barely begun to pool around him." Arthur paused, realising that he was being insensitive. He glanced around before climbing in next to Alfred and locking the car doors. 

"... It's not your fault," he said gently, taking Alfred's hand and stroking lightly across the knuckles with his thumb. "You did your best to warn everyone. Alfred, you have to understand that he's toying with us. It just isn't possible to save everyone who falls into his  grasp. The best we can do is attempt to find him quickly."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Alfred could care less about the crowds and the reporters. Their questions and comments meant nothing to him next to the body of the person lying there in an ally. No one deserved that. To die in such an undignified manner and left in a dirty, usually forgotten place. It was a disgrace and he knew that the murder probably wanted him thinking just that.

Alfred let himself he hauled off to the patrol car and held one hand over his mouth to keep from feeling even sicker at the movement. He listened to Arthur but couldn't look at him, curling up slightly in the seat of the car, hand moving from his mouth to his forehead rubbing at it in worry.

"If you didn't see anything then SOMEONE out there had to." He says sparing a glance back int the crowd of people who were starting to disperse now that most of the action was over it. Either they didn't care or they were too busy with their own lives to worry about someone else's. But that was supposed to be Alfred's job. That's what cops were for right? So why was he doing suck a bad job at this now.

He heard the doors close and lock but barely felt Arthur move closer until he was there beside him holding his hand and Alfred couldn't help but flinch a little. He knew that Arthur was only trying to be comforting but it did little to help Alfred's fears at the moment. "But..but..what about all these people dying..for what cause..they're innocent Arthur." Alfred protested. "Innocent people that we were supposed to protect..they rely on us and we can't even do that much for them."

Alfred shudders as if feeling a cold draft and scooted closer to Arthur, his breathing still heavy and uneven. "They didn't listen to me...I knew..I knew something was going to happen and I let it slip through my fingers."
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 am

Arthur sighed and tried to keep in mind that Alfred had far less experience in these matters. He couldn't blame the other man for feeling guilty and discouraged.  "You can't protect everyone," he said, trying to curb his growing frustration. "No one can. That's how reality works. What happened today isn't your fault."

Back when he'd first started and had felt those same emotions... Arthur hadn't had anyone to support him like he was trying to do for Alfred. Because of this, he wasn't entirely sure what to say. Arthur had recovered soon enough, though his self-worth had definitely taken a beating. Alfred would be fine eventually, right? Arthur had worked past it with little moral support, so... Alfred would definitely be fine. 

Was Arthur really the best support for Alfred right now, though? There was no doubt that they loved each other, but Arthur was prone to saying somewhat insensitive things and he frequently ignored the fact that he himself was a particularly fucked-up individual and thus should never compare others to himself. What if he wasn't helping at all? What was he supposed to do?

Once back at the station, the wait for the coroner's report seemed to take an eternity. Arthur busied himself with paperwork, worriedly peering over the dividers at his boyfriend every so often. 

Finally, the victim was identified and his family had been contacted. The body hadn't been in the alley for very long, and the weapon used was very similar, if not identical, to the one used in the previous murder. The pattern of incisions was also similar, though this man had had his throat slit. This difference could probably be accounted for by the fact that the murder was being committed during the day in a fairly busy part of town. Had the killer been seen, and thus decided to quickly finish the job? ... Could they have saved that man if Arthur had passed by that intersection a little earlier? 

Probably not, and that's what Alfred had to understand. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun May 06, 2012 10:26 am

Alfred shook his head insistently. "I should be able to..I should." He knows that Arthur is just going to tell him the same thing but he can't wrap his head around the idea that the police, who were supposed to protect people, were more of a clean up crew for murders than a prevention. That..was not what he had dreamed of being when he was a little boy.

He managed to pull himself together long enough to leave the crime scene and drive himself back home not long after. It was clear though that the effects never quite went away. During the days at the station Alfred became less. Less everything, less loud, less energetic, less insistent on lunch breaks. He just sat at his desk and stared at the computer screen. He worked overly hard but at times he would stop typing and just still for a moment as if thinking of something, only not thinking at all. His smile was more forced and he didn't have the same hop in his step when he did get up to bring papers somewhere.

He knew all the details that had been put into the official records. There really was no doubt that this murder was done by the same man. The man who had his mobile number. The one who had told him he was going do something and Alfred couldn't stop it. So Alfred kept his head down, and his place at his desk. It was almost like being an intern again, only he wasn't excited anymore.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Tue May 08, 2012 2:05 pm

For the next three days, Arthur spoilt his silly git of a boyfriend rotten.

For three days, he had delivered tubs of ice cream, towers of burgers and all other manner of junk food straight to Alfred’s home or desk. When the American wasn’t sitting there stuffing his face with food, he was curled up in bed, staring unblinkingly at his mobile phone. Arthur had talked the Chief into going easy on Alfred for a few days, mainly because this was the first major serial killings case that the lad had worked on. A case such as this one was distinctly different to a single murder case, and Alfred hadn’t been exposed to this sort of thing yet.

He couldn’t help thinking that perhaps he was simply rewarding bad behaviour, but then Alfred would call or text him, complete with sad face emoticons, and he couldn’t help but relent. Day Four of Alfred’s Mood found Arthur carrying a shopping basket full of crisps down an aisle full of sweets with a carton of cola under his arm – not exactly the gentlemanly appearance that he had tried so hard to cultivate.

Arthur knew very well that he was horrid at comforting people, but he seemed to be doing all right with Alfred. It was quite encouraging to see the other man poke his head out of his bedroom upon hearing Arthur’s voice or the crinkle of fast food wrappers. He’d done his best to provide whatever Alfred needed and he hoped it was enough.

He was so tired, though. He’d taken to not staying over at Alfred’s flat, mainly for Matthew’s benefit. The poor lad was obviously uncomfortable with his brother’s homosexual relationship, and Arthur didn’t want to make things worse after their rocky start. They were perfectly civil to each other now, but Arthur knew that that could change in an instant. That hadn’t meant that he hadn’t stayed over, though. Knowing that a killer had struck twice, was in possession of Alfred’s mobile number and had threatened Matthew meant that Arthur could not, in good conscience, simply leave and sleep at home in bed. Instead he spent the nights in his car, parked across the street from Alfred’s apartment building.

He was tired and irritable, but even as Arthur lugged the bag of crisps and sweets back to the station, he did his best to reign in is temper. Alfred needed his support right now.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Alfred had called in sick to work that today. It had been on the edge of his mind ever since the second murder but he had been mostly able to drag himself to work the following days. His motivation seemed to run out now though. He had called in sick, no one had protested. Did Arthur know? Was he at the station yet? Alfred vaguely remembers requesting nachos and chips from his boyfriend the day before but he didn't really put any thought into it. The comfort food was beginning to be..well not very comforting.

Matthew had been far from oblivious to his brother's state as well the past few days. At first he tried not to mention it figuring that it was best not to call attention to it. He kept an eye on him and cleared out the dirty dishes and garbage from the man's room when he had the chance. He saw Arthur come and go a few times and thanked him for the help but now well Matthew couldn't ignore things anymore.

He had brought Alfred some lunch after hearing that he wouldn't be going into work today and the man had slept through breakfast. He left a plate of bacon and sunny side up eggs by the bed...four hours later when he checked they hadn't been touched.

So Matthew did the only thing he could think of. Call Arthur. He was hesitant at first but eventually spilled everything to the other man. "Arthur could you..come see Alfred. He's acting rather strange...eh stranger than usual that is. He...didn't touch his lunch or breakfast and I'm worried. I thought...maybe you could help. He at least seems to brighten up a bit when your here." There is a slight bitterness to his voice, jealous perhaps that Arthur could get a response out of his brother when he couldn't despite his best efforts.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon May 14, 2012 2:44 am

Arthur was cranky now. He'd battled through a grocery shop full of irritable housewives, spent goodness knows how much on overpriced junk food and then dragged it all the way to the station, only to find that his stupid, selfish, git of a boyfriend had called in sick without even having the decency to let him know. Yes, Alfred was upset and disillusioned. Arthur understood that. But this really was too much. 

After angrily dumping the food and drinks on Alfred's desk and generally making a mess of it to appease his temper, Arthur sat down at his desk and got to work. He'd been exceedingly patient with the American for the past few days, but catering to all of Alfred's whims, especially when the gesture went completely unappreciated, wouldn't do anything to help catch the murderer. 

By the time he was able to stop for lunch, or rather, a single cup of horribly watered-down tea, Arthur had been to visit the latest victim's family and had come away with a horribly bruised forehead, courtesy of one of the victim's enraged, grieving, bodybuilder cousins. As if being slammed face-first into different walls twice in the same week wasn't enough, the sudden shrill ringing of his mobile caused him to spill the scalding hot 'tea' all over his lap. 

"What?" he snapped without checking the caller ID. "O-oh, yes, Matthew..."

He was barely able to bite back a scathing remark about Matthew's obviously discontented tone of voice as he listened to the other man's worries. What reason did Matthew have to be upset with him? Sure, maybe Matthew had to live with Alfred and deal with the American's sour moods but it wasn't as if Arthur had been standing by idly the entire time. 

Speaking of Alfred, Arthur wasn't sure if he was supposed to be comforting, exasperated or worried. Not eating was a big deal for the American, but... He was being incredibly selfish, too. Maybe all he needed was a firm talking to. Yes, Arthur would just need to have a very calm and stern talk to Alfred. 

"I'll be right there," Arthur sighed into the phone wearily. And true to his word, he knocked on Alfred's door twenty minutes later while trying to smooth his fringe down over the swollen and tender bruising on his forehead. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Alfred heard voices before he heard the knocking on his door. He could hear the front door opening and Matthew talking?..Was Arthur here? It had to be, who else would Matthew let into the house. The thought of his boyfriend being here tempted Alfred to move..to sit up in bed but that thought didn't last long. He sighed and resigned himself to closing his eyes again. He didn't feel like it.

Then the knock on his bedroom door came and it toke him a few long moment but he mumbles something of a 'come in Arthur' into his pillow. Whether the man on the other side of the door heard him or not the door opened a moment later.

Alfred didn't look up, he didn't have to. He knew it was Arthur. So he kept his face buried against his pillow and pulled the covers up around him more. "srry, I didn' ..work." He mumbles in apology to him. He knows very well he's being a spoiled, sulky grown man but he really can't bring himself to care to be otherwise. A hand fishes out of the covers and searches blindly for Arthur's hand. He may or may not be planning to pull his boyfriend into the bed with him to cuddle. The extra body warmth would be welcome and really just laying there holding Arthur sounds better than getting up or any of those other things Matthew had been trying to get him to do today.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu May 17, 2012 3:33 pm

When Arthur saw Alfred’s hand poke out from the covers and blindly reach out for his hand, his resolve nearly crumbled. But no, he couldn’t let Alfred wallow in his misery, guilt and self-pity any longer. He surveyed the lump on the bed for a moment, hands on hips and lips pursed, before he flicked the lights on, scowled and took three steps towards the bed.

“Get your arse out of bed this instant!” he ordered, gripping the covers tightly before yanking them right off the curled-up body underneath. Arthur threw the covers into a pile on the ground before methodically snatching the pillows one by one and tossing them into the pile of Alfred’s Bedthings. “Come on, up!”

He steeled himself for a moment before latching onto Alfred’s (admittedly very muscular) upper arm and attempting to drag him up into a sitting position. It took him a few tries, but eventually Alfred was sitting upright. “Don’t you dare lie down again,” Arthur hissed threateningly , glaring at his boyfriend. “God help you if you do…”

Arthur spun away from the bed to root through Alfred’s wardrobe. Though he couldn’t force Alfred to go to work today, he could at least make him dress sensibly instead of lazing about in a T-shirt and boxer shorts. After picking out a pair of sensible trousers and a plain white button-up shirt, Arthur shook them out and tossed them at Alfred.

“Get dressed,” he ordered, his tone no less threatening than before. His forehead throbbed painfully and he couldn’t help wanting Alfred to worry over him for a change. Stupid git. Stupid, childish, selfish git!

“I expect you to be out in your living room in five minutes. Brush your teeth, wash your face and prepare an apology to Matthew for putting up with you these past few days.” He didn’t mention that he wanted an apology, too, instead stalking out to the kitchen to search for painkillers.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu May 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Before Alfred knew what was happening the covers were yanked off of him followed by a shockwave of cold air and made him curl up even more against the now bare mattress. Then his pillows were gone and he was being tugged at roughly until he was forced to uncurl and sit up right.

Alfred sat there shell shocked at the way Arthur was yelling at him. A mixture of confusion and loss covering his face. He..had never seen Arthur this mad at him before and it honestly scared him on some level. Being pulled from his nice, warm safe place had left him raw and quite honestly a tad emotional. He couldn't help the few stray tears that welled up in his eyes but he quickly wiped them away as his clothes were tossed at him.

Then as soon as it happened, Arthur had left the room. Alfred cast a downward glance at his pile of bed sheets and wished that he could hide away again in them. He didn't want to face work..or his brother...and not even Arthur now.

He slowly got up and pulled on his clothes though, not wanting Arthur further angry with him. Not that the clothes helped much, he left his shirt untucked and buttoned wrong. He dragged himself to the bathroom like a scolded child and did as he had been told and only coming downstairs when Arthur shouted a warning for him to hurry up.

Alfred entered the living room with his head down, eyes averted. While he was in the bathroom cleaning up he had felt less scared and more irritated. Why should he have to get up and present himself? Arthur wasn't his boss...but he was his boyfriend.

Alfred tucked himself up on the couch, pulling his legs up and clinging to them before finding the remote and turning the tv on. He didn't want to sit there in silence especially if Arthur was mad at him.

Matthew, hearing the commotion from the two steered himself into the kitchen to clean up. Whatever it was going on he didn't want to be mixed up in it quite yet. He could sense the tension in the air and had long since made a practice to avoid it, even when he had been little.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed May 23, 2012 3:12 am

Arthur made his way back out to the living room, dry-swallowing his painkillers. He carried the bag of junk food that he’d bought, as well as the rejected plate of breakfast that Matthew had made. Alfred was sulking like a child on the cough, with the telly blaring loudly in the background. The sight only further irritated Arthur and he walked over, hands full, and blocked the television from view. He simply glared for a moment before slamming both the bag and the plate down onto the coffee table, his every look and movement very obviously aggressive.

“You’re not a child,” he snapped finally, “so don’t act like one. Who do you think this sort of attitude is helping?” Arthur stood with his hands on his hips, scowling. He was in no mood to deal with this right now. He rubbed at his throbbing forehead in frustration and continued. “Don’t you want to catch that bastard? How will you do that if you keep sulking like this? You’re the one whom he insists on contacting! Take some responsibility!”

With a loud growl, he spun around and all but smashed his finger against the power button on the television, effectively silencing it. God, he had the worst head ache. He fixed another steady glare on his boyfriend. “You’ve been utterly useless these past few days, and today all you’ve done is laze about in bed and terrorise your poor brother! If you were half the man I thought you were, you’d be working on the case to ensure minimal loss of life! Some bloody ‘hero’ you’re turning out to be!”

Perhaps he was going a bit far, but Arthur honestly couldn’t express himself any other way. Yes, he loved the stupid git, but he wasn’t about to stand for this childishness. They had a case that required their full attention. There was no time to sulk or feel self-pity.

Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed May 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Alfred tried avoiding Arthur's gaze again as his view of the TV was blocked. However, as the other spoke he couldn't help himself. He turned to look at Arthur with damp eyes of his own defiantly eve though he was still half curled up into the couch cushions.

"Responsibility? I tried being responsible! I knew he was going to hurt someone and I tried my best to stop it but the station wouldn't do anything." He argued back trying to sound more angry than on the edge of tears like he felt he was.

He stopped himself from jumping at Arthur smashing the power button on the TV so suddenly is nearly scared him. he held his ground though. Arthur had no idea how he felt. He wasn't being childish at all. If anyone had cared to notice no more murders had been committed since he had gone into sulking..more than likely he thought, because he was doing what the killer wanted, not trying to find him.

"I'm not being a child, ya don't know anything." Alfred said quieter this time. The comment about being a terrible hero getting to him a bit. Alfred's self esteem tended to appear very high usually but despite appearances it had moments of going from one extreme to another. If he wasn't feeling cocky he was probably feeling like the lowest.

After a moment were Alfred had fallen silent he suddenly stood up, swiftly turning and kicking at his soes until they were onto his feet and pulling a hoodie from the coat rack over his head. "Ok, I'm up." He says with just a small hint of attitude now. "What do we got to do first?" He asks still not looking at Arthur. He he had to work then so be it..Arthur shouldn't be out there doing all the work anyways. That was dangerous for him and if it was one thing Alfred wouldn't stand for it was that he wouldn't allow Arthur to get hurt.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 am

Arthur was fuming. He didn't 'know anything'?! He'd worked these sorts of cases before, while Alfred had been a simple mall cop! He clenched his fists to keep himself from saying something he'd regret, and watched as Alfred got off the couch. At least he was actually up – that was a small victory, right?

“I don't care much for that tone of voice,” he warned, glaring at his boyfriend with narrowed eyes. “And I've already done everything that we were supposed to do today – because I am a responsible adult who takes his duties seriously!”

He hated how Alfred just wouldn't look at him. Arthur stalked over and grabbed the American by the wrist before Alfred could walk away. “While you were busy feeling sorry for yourself, I was taking care of everything! I did your paperwork on top of mine, I bought your bloody junk food and I was even fucking assaulted but you're so self-centred that you won't even look at me!” He punctuated his words with a small shove to Alfred's chest. He just wanted to go home and take care of himself for a while. He needed a nice, strong cup of tea, a nap and maybe an icepack for his head.

Arthur took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. “I am going to wait in my car,” he spat venomously, folding his arms across his chest. “If you aren't out in five minutes, I will leave without you. If that happens, don't expect to hear from me any time soon. And don't forget to apologise to your brother.”

Without another word, he left the flat. Once safely outside and out of sight, he deflated a little. He hadn't really meant that. The thought of separating from Alfred was just... he didn't want to think about that at all. Alfred was sometimes childish and selfish, but he was also kind, caring and loving. That didn't mean that Arthur wasn't angry about all of this, though! He was extremely pissed off! Arthur slid into the driver's seat and tried not to feel too anxious on top of his anger. What would happen if Alfred really didn't come?
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 am

Alfred recoiled a bit as his wrist was grabbed and he weakly tugged trying to get it away. "This is exactly what I was talking about...so our works done? Then the killer has been caught I assume?" He asks in a sarcastic tone that he regrets immidiatly afterwards. He let himself be shoved stepping backwards a few feet and looking down. God, he really was being the worst wasn't he? Somehow that only mad Alfred even more irritated.

He bit hi lip to keep from opening his big mouth again. There was a good reason he didn't want to look at Arthur. He knew that if he did,..he'd likely give in to his angry boyfriend right then. Arthur really was a weakness for him, he'd do anything for the man but..he didn't want to allow himself to be distracted, not right now.

When Arthur had left through the door Alfred finally looked up catching the sight of the man's back right before the door closed after him. His expression softened a little into something more of a pained pout. He would go after Arthur of course. He knew when to not push the other too far.

He eyed his phone on the table but decided against bringing it out, he didn't want to hear that thing ringing right now. Instead he just snatched his wallet from the table and shoved it into his pocket. A quick glance around told him that Matthew was still hiding out in the kitchen.

"Hey..bro." Alfred called out only pausing for a second before continuing in a quick and concise manner. " 'm sorry..." He finishes quickly and turns before he can see his brothers reaction. He knows that everything will be ok between them. They have had far worse fights throughout their time growing up together. Now was the time to go after Arthur.

Alfred leaves his keys as well, reasoning that Matthew can let him in when he comes back. He doesn't want the extra baggage right now anyways. Spotting Arthur's car just down in the parking lot Alfred makes a beeline for it, trying to wipe away all traces of his bad mood before he get's there but he doesn't do a very good job of it he thinks.

Once again as he approaches the car he is trying his best not to look at Arthur as he rounds his way over to the passenger side and opens the door. "I'm here, now what did ya want? Where are we going?" He asks impatiently although he's in no hurry to get back to his apartment or to go anywhere really.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Fri May 25, 2012 4:18 am

"That's enough!" Arthur snapped, glowering at the other man. In truth, Arthur hadn't thought this out very well. He'd gotten Alfred out of the flat, but what now? He really had finished everything that they'd been assigned for the day, so unless another body turned up there wasn't much else to do but go back to the station and maybe do some extra paperwork. Arthur gripped the steering wheel tightly and closed his eyes.

"Why did you even follow me out here?" he continued, leaning forward until his forehead was resting against his hands. "You may as well have stayed in your flat. You know as well as I do that I absolutely do not appreciate being subjected to that sort of attitude!"

He was taking offence at the smallest of things, and he knew it. But Arthur couldn’t help snapping at him. He was exhausted and irritated, and the painkillers didn’t seem to be doing much for him at all.

Arguing with Alfred hurt. They'd had little spats here and there before, but never had he been so angry with the American. Arthur was almost certain that Alfred had never been this angry with him, either. Fear suddenly gripped him and he gasped in a breath, not looking at the other man. He'd never expected Alfred's promises of 'always' and 'forever' to be kept, but this reminder of how fragile their relationship really was frightened him. How long would it be before one of them said something unforgivable?

Arthur twisted the key in the ignition suddenly and sat up, pulling away from the curb. He didn't know where they were going, but he didn't want to simply sit in one place. He drove aimlessly for a short while, somewhat grateful that Alfred was still upset enough to not try and talk to him. His headache was awful and he was having a hard enough time trying to not simply drive home and leave Alfred sitting in the car while he took a well-deserved rest.

It was only when his mobile rang that Arthur pulled over into a backstreet. He fumbled for his phone, but hung up once he saw who was calling. He was in no mood to talk to his brother right now. Arthur stayed silent, shifting uncomfortably as he tried to keep from peeking at Alfred out of the corner of his eyes.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Alfred closed his eyes against and turned his head to lean against the window of the car door he was next to. He knew his attitude wasn't a good thing but he couldn't really bring himself to care at the moment. He crossed his arms in front of him glad for the comfy hoodie he had put on.

"I came out here cause you wanted me to, duh." He replies. "I thought..you had a reason and I..." He would never risk Arthur not being around for a long time. Despite his mood he toke what the other said seriously. He wanted Arthur there, even if they were bickering. Even if they were having the worst fight..it was better than not having him at all.

He fell silent as the car started up and they moved. He occasionally looked out of the window and could tell that Arthur was practically driving in circles now. He almost jumped when Arthur's phone going off interrupted the silence. It had given him just a little time to think and I little time was all he needed to calm down a bit and realize how stupid he was being but...that still didn't excuse Arthur's returned attitude towards him either he thought.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to take just a little peek. He hadn't looked at Arthur face this entire time and he wondered..was it red from anger and if so was it different looking than when he was flushes and embarrassed. Up until then he had avoided looking at Arthur when he was mad becuase it made him feel guilty but now..well he realized he had gotten curious.

Slowly while he thought Arthur was distracted and the car stopped he turned his face to look at him. To his surprise he saw Arthur catching his glimpse and Alfred's own face flushed up in response to being caught. He puffs out his cheeks and makes a face but he's already gotten a good look at Arthur in that small amount of time.

Alfred takes a deep breath and moved finally, to turn to Arthur and lean slightly over to him unable to resist his boyfriend after realizing that he had been distracted the past week. His sulking had made him forget just how handsome Arthur really was. Even angry the man was strangely alluring to Alfred and before he knew it he had crosses the small space of the car and was grabbing Arthur's chin to plant a full kiss on those lovely lips.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next