Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You.

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You.

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Alfred really wished that he could have added some more interesting things to his profile or that he didn't have to hide all his likes and dislikes from Arthur. It was so easy to be himself around the man that he kept having to remind himself that he was supposed to be twenty-three, not eighteen.

Chewing on his lower lip, he paused in thought, trying to think of what he liked in guys. Since he had never really pursued a relationship before, he wasn't completely sure but he did know that he just wasn't attracted to girls, as nice as they were.

"W-Well... A lot of things, I guess... Yeah, looks and personality are all great but... I really want to find a guy that wants a relationship and not just... s-sex and stuff... You know?" Oh great, he sounded even more like a stupid virgin when he stuttered on the word sex. It was a miracle Arthur didn't find him stupid yet.
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hey Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You.

Post by Assistant Jones Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Arthur had some suspicions with how Alfred acted a bit more childish than most twenty-three year olds but it wasn't that bad. In fact, it was rather endearing in all reality. Though he never really was going to mention that. He hoped that he would be able to find out more about the man rather than what he could just find on his profile.

It was starting to become obvious that Alfred had not been in any real relationships or at least it seemed like it. Especially with how broad and general his preferences were. Though it was cute...

"Ah. Is that so? I suppose I can say I'm the same way at the moment myself." While he definitely wouldn't mind having some sex before any commitment, he knew that this was a dating site. He came here for a relationship than just sex...sex would only be a plus. "How cute. Are you a virgin, love?" He questioned, noticing how he stuttered with the word sex.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Alright, he had to start acting more like an adult! He could do this! That way, Arthur wouldn't get suspicious and stop talking to him! Because he was pathetic and desperate to have a relationship and too scared to let anyone in his current personal life know. Hell, the only person who knew was his brother and that's because he had guessed.

Alfred frowned, trying to think of anything else he could list about the things he liked in a guy. Well, a sexy British accent was always nice... But he wasn't about to say that.

"Really?" Well, they were on a dating site, which was created for dating... "Though I guess most people on here are looking for someone to have a relationship with..." Alfred felt his face heat up and he sputtered as he tried to form a coherent sentence.

"O-Of course I-I'm not!" Yeah, like Arthur would believe that...
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:43 am

Arthur listened to Alfred intently before he raised his eyebrows at the last statement, not certain whether to laugh or not just out of the mere fact that he found it absolutely endearing. With how Alfred was acting, it seemed as if he truly was a virgin. How cute.

While he himself wished he had preserved his virginity for someone better than a simple slut when he was piss drunk in his younger years, the fact that he did just that meant that sex was no longer something he was nervous about mentioning. He knew how to make a woman writhe in pleasure. He had no doubts that he could make a man do the exact same with just a bit more effort.

The Englishman simply smiled. "Of course, love. Though you ought to be careful on sites like this. There are many people who will just try to sweet talk you and make you believe their lies, they will take your rose tinted outlook and use it to their advantage. So be careful there, alright poppet?" He knew that the man was old enough to do this but he just wanted to give a fair warning.

In a way, he hoped this was not what Alfred was trying to do to him? In order to ease these doubts, he teased a bit more about the man's virginity.

"Ah? You sound rather hesitant about that. Come now. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin." He smirked. "In fact, I would much prefer a virgin." His voice went low, nearly purring and he left the statement hanging, wondering if Alfred will keep strong by his position of not being a virgin.

He honestly didn't believe that. Arthur didn't know why but he felt much more courageous but he chalked it up to being that he couldn't see Alfred's face. He would be a lot more quiet and flustered if he could actually see that face.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:20 am

With all his stuttering and blushing, even though Arthur couldn't see that part, Alfred was sure that the other man was able to tell that he was indeed a virgin. Biting his lower lip, he listened as Arthur spoke about people who used websites like this just for hookups and sex.

That wasn't what he wanted at all. He wanted a relationship with someone, wanted to be able to be with someone who didn't care that he was a confused eighteen year old who was too scared to tell anyone he liked guys.

"W-Well, you're the only one I've talked to so far, Arthur. I don't think you would take advantage of me..." At least, he hoped not. Arthur seemed to be on this website to form a relationship, just like Alfred was.

His face heated up as he blushed, stuttering and mumbling nonsense when Arthur said he would prefer a virgin. Alfred was a virgin but he didn't know if he wanted to admit that yet. But maybe it would make Arthur like him more...

"Y-You got me... I just... wanted to wait, y'know? Find s-someone that actually meant something to me instead of just doing it for the sake of bragging about it."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:47 am

Arthur's smile soon eased at that as he lazily rested his head on his hand. He wanted to lose the life of just meaningless sex or anything like that. He wanted to settle in with someone and he was just searching for the right person. It wasn't like he had any sex with someone for a very, very long time. It was actually rather sad in all reality. Just being stuck in a bookstore like this with absolutely nothing to do other than sleep and sell books. He needed something else.

He was quite a romantic in all reality and he wanted a man or a woman with him. Someone that he could call his lover if anything. Someone who was actually interesting in him for who he was.

"I'm certain there are many other interesting men out there other than myself, love." He murmured sipping a bit of his tea. "But I appreciate it." He really did. Even though this 'Alfred' person was across the pond from him, it was still reassuring that someone had an interest in him for the moment and only him.

He chuckled softly. "You should prize it, Alfred. Make certain you have someone that will take care of you your first time. I admire you for waiting."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:58 am

Alfred didn't really want a relationship so he could have sex. He honestly wanted someone to be there with him, to like him for who he was. But being so afraid to tell people made that hard on Alfred. It was why he had resorted to getting on this website and trying to find someone for him. So far, he had only found Arthur, who understood him but was miles away in England.

He wanted to fall in love like in the movies, even though he knew that was rather cheesy and lame to wish for. But he couldn't help it. Alfred loved watching movies, so his ideas about love had been shaped by them.

"But I found you first, Arthur, and I wanna talk to you. So unless you get tired of me, you're stuck with me!" Laughing a little bit, Alfred had calmed down from his earlier embarrassment, though it was still rather embarrassing hearing Arthur telling him to save himself and whatnot.

"Don't worry, Arthur! I want to find the right person before I go giving it away."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Arthur knew the pleasures of sex and honestly, he wasn't certain if he could actually go through a relationship without having it in there. He could wait, he was a very patient man, but even the patience of a patient man would run out at some time. While he found the internet to be complete bollocks at times, he couldn't help but admit one thing.

"You know, it's rather ridiculous how people are so set on the belief that you can only truly find love with the people you meet around you in real life. Yet to confine yourself to only people in that area...it's rather nearsighted if you ask me." He smiled a bit. "I suppose this is why I'm not...arguing against going onto this damned dating site." He reddened slightly and hesitated, glancing back at the computer screen.

He felt a bit more open when he knew that even if Alfred did judge him, it wouldn't really matter in the end. Right? "And honestly, Alfred...I'm a lonely man. Surrounded by books and all yet even reading isn't satisfying me as much anymore. I've been through twenty-six years of...just being lonely and bloody hell, I'm being a bit too open...but...thank you." He reddened a bit. "I know we just met but thank you for at least...expressing interest. I was hesitant when I first talked to you but you seem to be the charming bloke." He smiled.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Alfred grinned as he listened to Arthur, agreeing with him completely. If he just limited himself to the people he knew at school, there was no way he would ever get into a relationship that made him happy. He would keep lying about what he truly wanted, to himself and everyone else, so this dating site was a miracle. He had already met someone that didn't judge him and with whom he could openly talk about liking guys. "I'm glad I found you, Arthur. You're really great to talk to. Better than anyone here at school."

Blushing brightly when Arthur complimented him, he couldn't help the silly grin from making its way onto his face. Arthur thought he was charming... "I really am glad we met, Arthur! I really do want to get to know you better, even if you live all the way in England. Maybe I can visit sometime... It would be nice to travel and see more than just NYC. It's a great city and all, but I've seen most of it!"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Arthur chuckled a bit at that and he was glad that despite bad grammar and all that like, Alfred still rather seemed to be a loving and nice young man. As long as Alfred was in college, then that was alright with him. Even if he was lying about his age by a year or two...something along those lines. The dating site was a miracle and honestly, he didn't even think there would a decent person on here. Yet that didn't seem to be the case.

"Is that so? If that's the case, then I'm truly worried about the people that are in your school." He joked a bit.

Arthur nodded in agreement though he soon realised that Alfred wouldn't be able to see his nodding. "I am glad that we met as well, poppet." He murmured, a small smile settling into his lips. "If you do visit, please feel free to call me up or something along those lines. It would be my pleasure to show you around. Of course this is if we get to know each other well enough." He would feel a bit more secure with the fact that London was his playground in a way. He was more secure here rather than if he was in New York City. Yet it could make Alfred nervous.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Alfred was really glad that Arthur seemed to like him. While he was still a bit nervous about the age difference, he didn't think Arthur would get too upset if they got to know each other better. Even if Alfred was lying about his age by five years... Making the age difference between himself and Arthur eight years instead of three...

"W-Well, no one here knows I like men so... It's a bit awkward, having to act like nothing is really different about me. But you're really easy to talk to, Arthur!"

Grinning, he thought about visiting England. He could probably convince his parents to help send him there during one of his breaks. He was only a month into school, though, so the closest long break would be for the winter holidays. "I may be able to visit in the winter. I mean, if we're still talking and stuff by then, I'll totally call you up! You can show me the sights!"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Arthur raised his eyebrows at that and he smiled a bit, finding the other man to be absolutely endearing. Being blissfully unaware of how much their age difference was, he wasn't really worried about anything between them at the moment. Though Alfred was rather youthful for his age it seemed...

"It's amazing how the internet seems to be able to bring out a lot in people." He mused. "But I understand somewhat. I have always had an interest in men. I find them to be fascinating and beautiful yet people can be rather misunderstanding about these kinds of subjects." He mused.

While he was bisexual, he had to keep his fascination with men secret. In a way, he could say that he even preferred them. Arthur laughed softly as he finally finished his tea, unplugging his wireless headset so he could stand up and head to the kitchen to make some more tea. "Winter? Well, London is absolutely lovely during the winter. You should visit, especially if we can maintain contact."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:15 pm

"I guess you're right. People feel a lot less inhibited on the internet... Not that that's always a good thing, but it makes it easier to talk about stuff like this with people." Alfred felt his blush coming back when Arthur said that he thought men were beautiful. He doubted that he was beautiful at all... He was hardly an adult, with an awkward body that he was still trying to grow into.

"I hardly fall under the category of beautiful..." He went silent, listening as Arthur seemed to move around and he pulled up a window on his computer, curious to see how much tickets to London were during the winter holidays.

It really would be nice to visit Arthur... "I hope that I can make it during the winter. And that we'll have kept contact, of course."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Arthur hummed in agreement as he started to boil some more water, grabbing some loose leaf tea as he started to make his lovely tea. He really did love some Earl Grey in the morning though he was more in the mood for some English Breakfast tea. Considering the picture that he had seen of Alfred, the other seemed to be very beautiful with a lovely body, tanned skin, straight teeth and everything that Arthur wished he was. He hated his own lanky form, his paler skin and his large eyebrows.

"That's nonsense, love." He chuckled. "You're very beautiful, seemingly inside and out. I'm surprised that you're on a site like this considering everything. I feel rather fortunate in all honesty." He was being honest.

He soon pulled up a window on ticket prices as well and glanced over at them. The tickets weren't that expensive... In fact, they weren't expensive at all. "I hope so as well. You better pack warm." He chuckled as he finally got back to the computer with his tea in hand.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 pm

While Alfred didn't consider himself beautiful, he certainly thought that of Arthur. It was strange, he supposed, that the most beautiful things he found about Arthur were his imperfections. His crooked teeth, bushy eyebrows and messy hair just made Arthur seem all the more attractive to Alfred. Though he thought that the best feature of Arthur's were his eyes. They were truly beautiful.

"I a-am not! I'm totally normal looking. Plus, I wear glasses..." Alfred scrunched up his nose at the thought, pushing his glasses back into place. They were something he hated about himself, because he had such terrible vision. "You're much better looking than me," he mumbled softly.

He could definitely afford tickets to London if he wanted to go. All he had to do was let his parents know that he would be gone and then he would have to keep in touch with Arthur. "I want to visit... I really do."
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Arthur certainly considered Alfred as beautiful though he hadn't seen enough of him to really make that a true statement. He was filled with imperfections and he was aware of this. In fact, it was rather sensitive for him. The only thing he truly was ever complimented on was his mouth and that was just how he used it whether it was with words or something else.

"You're being modest, Alfred." He stated. "And lenses is not bad in the slightest. I think that they're rather fitting on you." He reddened slightly though at the compliment. "Bollocks."

He couldn't help but wonder if Alfred could really afford tickets...and would they actually want to see each other? "Well if you do, then do so. I would recommend that you wait for a bit though and we talk a bit more. Maybe I can offer a place to stay...only if you can warm up to me." He chuckled softly.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:08 pm

It was strange, Alfred thought, that he so adamantly denied his attractiveness when Arthur was complimenting him. He had always had somewhat of a big ego but it was usually girls that always told him that he was "handsome" or "hot" and whatnot. But here was someone, a man, that he was getting along with quite well, who thought he was beautiful. It was all rather embarrassing...

"I-I'm not being modest! You really are better looking..." Pouting, he closed the browser window of plane tickets, deciding that he would get to know Arthur better before talking to his family about traveling alone to England.

"Warm up to you? I'm more worried about you not liking me in person!" He had been told that he was rather loud and obnoxious at times. There was also the little fact that he was much younger than he had claimed to be... Arthur probably wouldn't be happy about that...
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Arthur would get rather flustered if he was complimented himself but when it came to complimenting Alfred, it seemed to come easily for him. It wasn't very often that he did so. In fact, he was the kind of man to bluntly deny everything about someone else but it seemed to come so easily to him over the internet. It must really have helped him that he couldn't see Alfred's face all that well.

"Flattery won't get you anywhere, poppet." He teased though it certainly was getting Alfred somewhere with him. Now that he was talking with Alfred, it didn't seem all that bad to actually get to know him. He seemed like a sweet man.

"Ah? Is that the case? Well, we'll see then if you come over." He laughed a bit in amusement, growing more comfortable as he drank more of his tea. Maybe he should have some scones with it....
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Alfred was already flustered by all the compliments, even though he couldn't see Arthur and Arthur couldn't see him. That at least made him feel better about how much he was blushing.

"I'm n-not trying to get anything! I'm j-just saying what I think..." Blushing even more, he frowned, wondering why Arthur thought he was trying to get something from him. He just wanted someone to talk to and Arthur really seemed to understand him.

"I r-really do hope that you won't think I'm annoying..." Frowning a little bit more, he really tried to think about how he could tell his parents that he wanted to travel to England...
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Arthur laughed a bit, rolling his eyes and he decided that yes....he would really like some scones with his tea. So he stood up once again so he could start baking something for himself.

"Don't worry, Alfred. I'm just teasing. I know you're not trying to get anything except maybe some love from someone else in the grand scheme of things." He smiled more honestly. "Isn't that what we're all looking for in the end?" He questioned softly before he continued on with his baking.

He smiled. "Other than the...flaws...in your grammar, you're nearly perfect, love. Not annoying in the slightest." He was English, he had to at least tell a bit of the truth in there and he was certain that Alfred knew this very flaw as well.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 pm

"I suppose... It would be nice to fall in love... Especially for me, since it's hard enough to admit that I want to fall in love with a guy..." Alfred sighed a little bit, listening to the background noise on Arthur's side. It sounded like he was trying to cook something...

Alfred laughed at that, knowing full well that his grammar was horrible. "I suppose you're right. I've never been good at grammar... A-And I'm hardly perfect... I'm anything but perfect..." Blushing again when Arthur kept saying that, Alfred tried to think of something that he could say to make Arthur just as flustered.

Unfortunately, he couldn't think of anything other than wanting to tell Arthur that he had pretty eyes.
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Arthur smiled and he simply went back to his desk as he finally put the scones in the oven. "I'm sure you'll find a man to fall in love. It just takes patience." He leant back in his chair.

"And that's why I said you're nearly perfect." He reminded Alfred. He felt like he could talk with Alfred for a very, very long time. So that is what he did, all day long, everything around him forgotten (that was until his oven started to smoke and he was ripped away from the computer to save his bookstore).

Now it was a month later and it was becoming habitual for Arthur to go on the internet so he could talk to Alfred with just their voices. He knew that he couldn't stand his grammar still but he loved listening to the man. He had talked with a few other people on the dating site, who had messaged him, but they were completely uninteresting to him and he ended up ignoring them not even half a day later.

He only had that one picture of Alfred and he couldn't even really be certain that was what he looked like but now each time he glanced at it, it would make Arthur's heart race uncomfortably. They started to talk about everything, more than just themselves but about the issues around them and they were starting to get more comfortable with each other. Rather than simply seem overly polite now, Arthur felt more comfortable to just have small yet needed bickers with Alfred even if it was just a tease or two. Nothing ever serious, just playful bickering.

With even just their voices, they were already getting to know each other such as Alfred's passions and of course, his inability to cook. His food was really good! Of course it was! Yet it might have seemed to be an indicator to Alfred that he wasn't all that great especially since each time he would start cooking, he would soon start yelling about the damned oven smoking again.

They were really starting to get along well though and even as Arthur served his customers, he wouldn't be able to help himself from thinking...what Alfred was doing at that very moment. It was that evening that he resolved that he would talk to Alfred...and just hope for the best. It was around early afternoon for Alfred at the moment...

As he checked the internet, Arthur could feel his heart pound in his chest at the sight of Alfred's username online. He soon sent a request for a voice call, soon standing up with his wireless so he could go near the back entrance of his bookstore for a good smoke to calm down his jittery nerves. Why was he so nervous? It was ridiculous!

"Hello, Alfred?"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Alfred really liked talking with Arthur. The would spend hours talking together, only interrupted by their need for sleep and Alfred running off to class. Lord knows he annoyed his roommate with how much he was on the voice chat but he simply ignored the other student. He really wouldn't understand that Alfred falling in love with someone he had never met personally.

If only Arthur didn't live so far away...

It was late fall when Alfred started wondering if they would ever get into a real relationship or just be friends. While he wouldn't have minded being friends with Arthur, the feelings he had for the other man would make it quite hard.

Signing onto the dating site after his classes one day, Alfred pouted a little when he saw that Arthur wasn't on. So, he minimized the window and went about doing homework. The familiar chime of a voice chat invite made him grin and he quickly put on his headset, ready to talk to Arthur once again.

"Hey Arthur! What's up?"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Arthur couldn't help but smile when he finally heard Alfred's voice and he needed to hear his voice though it only reminded him of what he was to do. The business at the book store that day was actually rather productive and so he was a bit tired from all the selling but he knew it was a successful day. Yet it will only truly become a successful day if he could get through this.

"Hello there, Alfred." He said smoothly. He didn't know if Alfred liked him or not. He hoped he did but what if he lost interest after their hours and hours of talking. What if he wasn't the kind of man that Alfred was looking for?

Taking in a deep breath, filling his lungs with smoke and nicotine, he soon exhaled as he leant against the wall, gazing over at small plants by the window sill. He hesitated and...should he really ask?

He decided that he should.

"I...wanted to talk to you about something, Alfred. About...us."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Grinning brightly, Alfred settled down, eager to talk to Arthur about everything and anything. He was a bit surprised that Arthur seemed to be taking so long to say something other than hello. Frowning a little, he was about to voice his concerns when Arthur suddenly spoke.

"U-Us? Yeah, sure, go ahead."

Alfred felt his heart speed up and he bit his bottom lip nervously. What if Arthur said that he had found someone else and just wanted to be friends? Or what if he found Alfred annoying and didn't want anything to do with him anymore?

Panicking mentally, he tried to stay calm, not wanting Arthur to know how worried he was. "W-What's on your mind, Arthur?"
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next