Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs

+10
StarQBAlfredJones
King of Spades
Detective Jones
Damsey
Wanda
Officer Kirkland
Lord Arthur Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland
Arthur Rabbit
Arthur the Hunter
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Empty Re: The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs

Post by Arthur Rabbit Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:38 am

How do you know when you've found the right fish or spear for you, especially if you've had many unsuccesful attempts with other fishes and/or spears in the past?
Arthur Rabbit
Arthur Rabbit

Back to top Go down

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Empty Re: The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs

Post by Damsey Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 am

Arthur the Hunter wrote:
Damsel Arthur wrote:I know that you said that trust is really essential in a relationship but how do you know if you can trust that person? How do you know that he won't betray you?

Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:I see your point, Mr. Neanderthal, but... What if there are secrets I need to keep from him? I mean, for his own safety? I'd never do anything to hurt him.

You two need to meet up and talk.

Trust comes when you know you can rely on them for anything. You do not have to know everything about them- though that would be nice- because people do have some things they would rather not tell. Do not press them for answers; you will only drive them away.

But there are reasons why we decide to move in the safety of a tribe rather than travel on our own. You cannot keep secrets concerning the one you love from them forever. Eventually you will have to tell them, when the time is right, even if it is safer that they remain in ignorance. Try it sometime. I think you'll find your lover is much stronger than you give them credit for.

You are absolutely right, Mr. Neanderthal. But, what did you mean by "You two need to meet up and talk."?

And... How must the fish tell the hunter that they like them? And how should a fish deal with rejection?

Last edited by Damsel Arthur on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Just found out what spear means... XD)

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 am

Arthur the Hunter wrote:
Let me guess- you must be one of those misunderstood few who are thought to be spears because of the way they look. Perhaps broad shoulders, or height, or a more muscular or robust frame than your partner's has led people to this conclusion; or perhaps even without these features, you are like me and are a better hunter and survivor than most of your tribe. It is no sin to be the fish in our metaphor, but perhaps the best way is to just be more forward about it.

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Im-on-a-horse

I suggest you take him on a wild, wild ride.

See if he still wants to be a spear after. The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 40742102

How did you knooooow? The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 3925848005 The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 3925848005
I will try to be more forward about it but... it is rather nerve wracking. He is president of the student body, after all, and can make my life hell if he decides he doesn't like me! *flails* *overthinking things for once*
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 am

Arthur the Hunter wrote:
Damsel Arthur wrote:I know that you said that trust is really essential in a relationship but how do you know if you can trust that person? How do you know that he won't betray you?

Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:I see your point, Mr. Neanderthal, but... What if there are secrets I need to keep from him? I mean, for his own safety? I'd never do anything to hurt him.

You two need to meet up and talk.

Trust comes when you know you can rely on them for anything. You do not have to know everything about them- though that would be nice- because people do have some things they would rather not tell. Do not press them for answers; you will only drive them away.

But there are reasons why we decide to move in the safety of a tribe rather than travel on our own. You cannot keep secrets concerning the one you love from them forever. Eventually you will have to tell them, when the time is right, even if it is safer that they remain in ignorance. Try it sometime. I think you'll find your lover is much stronger than you give them credit for.

Wait, how did you know I was talking about him? I mean, um, thanks for the wisdom. I'll think about telling him... someday. It's going to be hard, after all this.

But, how should a spear deal with rejection? If my... fish is mad at me when I tell him the truth, what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanda Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 pm

HOW DO WE DEFEAT THE COCKBLOCK-er HUNS?

Seriously.

I'm getting tired of watching Poofy and Fuzzy getting cockblock, is there anything I can do to help making the Spearing happen?

WILL FUZFUZ AND POOFY THE SECOND FIND LOVE?
Wanda
Wanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 am

Oh wise Elder...

-glances nervously at the bear cave-

What should a fish do if the spear is no longer pointing at it? Should it swim on and find another spear, remain where it is or go belly-up?

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 4280386489 -cuddling Sir Poofy the Second tightly-
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur the Hunter Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 am

Arthur Rabbit wrote:How do you know when you've found the right fish or spear for you, especially if you've had many unsuccesful attempts with other fishes and/or spears in the past?
StarQBAlfredJones wrote:How did you knooooow?
Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:
Wait, how did you know I was talking about him?

It comes with wisdom.

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Eastern-owl

It's an essential asset for survival.
But to answer your question better, Arthur the Rabbit, as someone I loved always used to tell me, I think the only thing to do is keep trying and never give up.

Damsel Arthur wrote:How must the fish tell the hunter that they like them? And how should a fish deal with rejection?
Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:But, how should a spear deal with rejection? If my... fish is mad at me when I tell him the truth, what should I do?

Are you sure you two don't know each other?

Personally, I think rejection is a slim chance for such promising young survivors such as you two. But there always is that chance. Ask yourselves, are you willing to take the risk? Are you willing to put your pride on hold, in the hope of a happy life together?

The answer to that is of course entirely up to you, but do not worry even if you do get rejected. There is no use crying over a person if they cannot accept you for who you are or your feelings towards them. Remain friends, if you can, but always remember there is a whole, unexplored world beyond this person, even if it doesn't feel that way.

Officer Kirkland wrote:What should a fish do if the spear is no longer pointing at it? Should it swim on and find another spear, remain where it is or go belly-up?

A legitimate question!

Personally I find it very insulting to the hunter when the fish is quick to move on to another, but oftentimes it cannot be helped. The fish should remain where it is, for the time being, and perhaps actually communicate with the hunter first; many misunderstandings could be cleared before drastic action is taken.

If the spear is absolutely CONFIRMED to have no interest in impaling the fish, then perhaps move on. After all, there are plenty of other hunters on dry land just waiting for a catch.

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Btmzo78d60ou7odt

Going belly-up was NEVER an option.

StarQBAlfredJones wrote:I will try to be more forward about it but... it is rather nerve wracking. He is president of the student body, after all, and can make my life hell if he decides he doesn't like me!
Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:I'll think about telling him... someday. It's going to be hard, after all this.

I wish you the best of luck, young men!

Wanderer Alfred Jones wrote:I'm getting tired of watching Poofy and Fuzzy getting cockblock, is there anything I can do to help making the Spearing happen?

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 N4d94835b6a44c_large

I do not think there is anything we can do now but stay and watch.perv

Wanderer Alfred Jones wrote:HOW DO WE DEFEAT THE COCKBLOCK-er HUNS?

WILL FUZFUZ AND POOFY THE SECOND FIND LOVE?

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Fortune-teller-3

Do I look like the sort of person who could tell you that?
Arthur the Hunter
Arthur the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:43 am

Arthur the Hunter wrote:
Damsel Arthur wrote:How must the fish tell the hunter that they like them? And how should a fish deal with rejection?
Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:But, how should a spear deal with rejection? If my... fish is mad at me when I tell him the truth, what should I do?

Are you sure you two don't know each other?

Personally, I think rejection is a slim chance for such promising young survivors such as you two. But there always is that chance. Ask yourselves, are you willing to take the risk? Are you willing to put your pride on hold, in the hope of a happy life together?

The answer to that is of course entirely up to you, but do not worry even if you do get rejected. There is no use crying over a person if they cannot accept you for who you are or your feelings towards them. Remain friends, if you can, but always remember there is a whole, unexplored world beyond this person, even if it doesn't feel that way.

*blush* Um, I-I don't know what you are talking about... >////>

B-but what if the fish and the spear really did end up together? What would happen if, one day, the spear realizes that he doesn't really want the fish and left it all alone? Would it be wise to take that risk?

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Rabbit Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:40 am

What's your favorite color? :D
Arthur Rabbit
Arthur Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur the Hunter Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 am

Damsel Arthur wrote:
B-but what if the fish and the spear really did end up together? What would happen if, one day, the spear realizes that he doesn't really want the fish and left it all alone? Would it be wise to take that risk?

That's when the trust comes in. Of course, no one wants that scenario; I cannot really say precisely how to deal with it, because Alfred was my first real relationship. But things really happen that way in life. It just shows that maybe the person was not the one for you after all.

In my opinion, it's always worth it for love.

Arthur Rabbit wrote:What's your favorite color? :D

I WOULD FEED YOU TO A BEAR CAVE, BUT...

A NEW FUR COAT IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN WOLF OR BEAR WOULD BE

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Dolce-and-gabbana-pink-fur1

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 3796487374 http://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comhttp://www.freesparkle.comThe Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 3796487374

Arthur the Hunter
Arthur the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:35 am

What do I do if he didn't tell me a huge secret about himself and I had to find out on my own? And we happen to be from different species and we are supposed to, well, hate and try to kill each other. ;___;

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:42 am

Arthur the Hunter wrote:
Damsel Arthur wrote:

That's when the trust comes in. Of course, no one wants that scenario; I cannot really say precisely how to deal with it, because Alfred was my first real relationship. But things really happen that way in life. It just shows that maybe the person was not the one for you after all.

In my opinion, it's always worth it for love.

Thank you so much, Mr. Neanderthal...

But, may I ask one(?) last question?

Do you think that maybe... this fish could finally find his spear? A spear that would care and love me for who I am? A spear that I could trust with all my heart? As I would do him? The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 4280386489

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:51 am

Um, um, Mr. Neanderthal... I know this is supposed to be your guidance and everything, and this isn't really a question, but...

Tell Damsel I'll always be there, okay? Please? I-I mean, he might not be talking about me and everything, but, um... Yeah. Just tell him that? I would never ever turn my back on him, and I would always be there for him, I swear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur the Hunter Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 am

Just one question for this post. Because... because.

Werewolf_Alfred wrote:What do I do if he didn't tell me a huge secret about himself and I had to find out on my own? And we happen to be from different species and we are supposed to, well, hate and try to kill each other. ;___;

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Tumblr_l9jb49iX6a1qc1lezo1_400

I'm afraid I understand your situation far too well to be objective.

He must have had his reasons for keeping a huge secret from you; try to understand, especially if you are already in a relationship.

And never ever let what others expect of you define your relationship. Life is much too short for that.

Credits to Mikutashi on dA for the second picture.

Thank you so much Wolfie for this question. <3
Arthur the Hunter
Arthur the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 am

Mr. Advice giver sir, What should I do to get my fish to understand this spear will always be pointing at him? That he doesn't have to fret over any leaving.

and to get him not to curse me.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanda Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Alright... wish it actually happens sooner. XD

Erm.... no, sir.I wasn't planning on putting a hat like that on you.

So.

What should you do when your spear or fish becomes batshit insane?
Wanda
Wanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur the Hunter Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Detective Jones wrote:What should I do to get my fish to understand this spear will always be pointing at him? That he doesn't have to fret over any leaving.

I think the only thing you can do is show him that you are always there for him. No matter what. It's truly up to him whether he believes you or not, but as long as you know that you will never leave him, you'll have the confidence to deal with any insecurities in your relationship.

Wanderer Alfred Jones wrote:What should you do when your spear or fish becomes batshit insane?

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Chocolate-hills-philippines

RUN FOR THE HILLS.

Damsel Arthur wrote:Do you think that maybe... this fish could finally find his spear? A spear that would care and love me for who I am? A spear that I could trust with all my heart? As I would do him?
Newbie Reporter Jones wrote:Tell Damsel I'll always be there, okay? Please? I-I mean, he might not be talking about me and everything, but, um... Yeah. Just tell him that? I would never ever turn my back on him, and I would always be there for him, I swear.

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Tumblr_lgljc4tSYY1qcke6t
The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 10h9ilf
Arthur the Hunter
Arthur the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanda Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 pm

What if the hills have eyes? Is there another place to run too?

(I'm sorry? :P)
Wanda
Wanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Mr. Neanderthal...

What should a fish do when another spear is making a move on it? Especially if his spear doesn't do anything and even encourages this?

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh great wise one, what should a fish do when his spear takes him to a horror movie marathon? oAo And... what if the fish gets really scared by horror movies but doesn't want the spear to think he's lame?
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur the Hunter Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Damsel Arthur wrote:What should a fish do when another spear is making a move on it? Especially if his spear doesn't do anything and even encourages this?

Well, first you have to know which spear you truly prefer, if any. If you know, then it is entirely unfair to lead the other spear on. I say you break it to him gently and considerately, and of course offer up the possibility of still being friends to show that you still care about him. Your spear may be feeling insecure about this newcomer; if you truly love him, reassure him.

If you are not sure, then you are under no obligation to choose one over the other before you are ready. Just make sure that they both understand you don't belong to either of them (yet?).

Wanderer Alfred Jones wrote:What if the hills have eyes? Is there another place to run too?

OH LOOK WHAT THIS IS?

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 Bear_Cave_by_vonDrehle

StarQBAlfredJones wrote:Oh great wise one, what should a fish do when his spear takes him to a horror movie marathon? oAo And... what if the fish gets really scared by horror movies but doesn't want the spear to think he's lame?

Would you like some practice for the horror films? Click to see.

Spoiler:

To take your mind off the horror marathon, simply replay this song over and over in your head.

And child of Alfred, you were not brought into this world to be lame. Hide your fear as much as you can.

Credits to vonDrehle on dA for the bear cave picture
Arthur the Hunter
Arthur the Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by StarQBAlfredJones Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:28 am

*runs away screaming from that picture*

The Book of Prehistoric Proverbs - Page 3 4151842371 I'm so laaaame
StarQBAlfredJones
StarQBAlfredJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 am

Sooo... Say, in a totally hypothetical situation, there were two of your, uh, spear. Like clones. Or twins. Or something. How should the spears go about figuring out which one of the twins/clones the fish likes? Especially if the fish seems like like them both?

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh wise Elder...

Tell me, how does a fish go about convincing his very kind, sweet and gentle spear that he likes a lot bit of roughness when being speared without coming across as a total pervert? I don't want to lose him over something like this, but there are things that I would like to try...
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Rabbit Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 am

Oh wise hunter, how does one resolve the issues of a spear loving a spear or a fish loving a fish? How can they manage to meet halfway so that both are...er, "satisfied?"

Last edited by Arthur Rabbit on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Arthur Rabbit
Arthur Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum