Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Serve And Protect. [R18]

2 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

To Serve And Protect. [R18] - Page 27 Empty Re: To Serve And Protect. [R18]

Post by Detective Jones Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Alfred relaxed a little more as Arthur didn't snap at him or anything just enjoying the feeling of those fingers in his hair. Alfred finds he kind of likes the suggestion. He could get clean and Arthur would still be right there with him. As for showering together. Alfred didn't know what to think about that. Didn't everyone secretly dream of showering with their significant other? It would be so awkward though, they hadn't been completely naked with each other before yet but then again..they'd pretty much seen everything between their undercover work and cases.

"I'd like that." Alfred finally admitted as they stepped into the bathroom. Again a wave of the 'ugh, i'm such a dork feeling' caught Alfred by surprise. Was he so bothered by a silly movie that he couldn't shower by himself? Arthur must think that he was a huge child. Still he went on with it.

Alfred stood there awkwardly once in the bathroom, not clinging anymore as the bright lights were rather comforting but still keeping hold of Arthur's sleeve with one of his hands. "I..I should get undressed then, huh?" He says looking at Arthur. Was he supposed to look away or should Alfred climb in the tub and just throw his clothes out or..something.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Arthur’s face was bright red as they stood awkwardly in the small bathroom. “I’ll, um, just turn around and I won’t peek so go ahead and get undressed,” he assured his boyfriend hurriedly, feeling slightly ridiculous. He turned to face the wall and tried to ignore the rustling of clothes as Alfred undressed himself. It was only when he heard the curtain being drawn shut that he dared to turn around and seat himself on the closed toilet lid. He leaned against the sink as Alfred turned the water on.

It was a struggle to not think of Alfred standing metres away, naked, under a hot spray of water. Every time his thoughts wandered too far he pinched himself on the thigh. This was not the time to be thinking of that kind of thing, not after what had happened during the case, and not so early into their relationship. This would be a relationship built on emotions, not on sex. The concept scared Arthur to death, but he also wanted it. God, did he want it.

He bit his lip and drummed his fingers against the sink as he listened to the sounds of Alfred showering. He was definitely not imagining what it would be like if both of them were in there, naked, together. No, definitely not. “A-Alfred?” he called out softly, half-hoping that his boyfriend wouldn’t be able to hear him.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Alfred reluctantly let's his fingers slip away from Arthur's sleeve and starts to undress himself. It is rather awkward and he quickly jumped into the shower stall and pulls the curtain closed feeling self conscious. He turns the water on and lets out a sigh of relief when the hot spray hit his back. It almost makes him forget that he's in another house not his own. That is until he reaches for the shampoo and has to actually look around for it.

In the process of looking around he takes notice of all the little shadows in the corners of the room and some of his fear crawls back up his spine. It's awfully quiet as well. Was Arthur still there? What if he had left without saying anything? What if the ghost girl got him!!

Alfred doesn't hear Arthur but it hardly matters as Alfred calls out on his own slightly hysterical voice, "Arthur! Are you still there!" Alfred hardly waits on a response before he pokes his head out of the shower curtain looking around with worry all over his face.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:12 pm

“Yes, yes, I’m still here,” Arthur said quickly, feeling alarmed at the panic in Alfred’s voice. Alfred had been silent for an awfully long time, which was strange because Arthur had kind of pegged him as the sing-in-the-shower type of person, but he hadn’t made any sounds of distress. Arthur tore over towards the shower, slipping on a puddle of water on the ground just as Alfred poked his head out from behind the shower. They collided headfirst and Arthur sank to the ground, swearing and clutching at his head as the spray from the shower soaked him completely.

“F-fuck,” he groaned, his vision spinning for a moment before settling. “Alfred, are you all right? What in the blazes were you shouting about? Of course I’m here, where else would I be, you silly lad?”

He slowly climbed to his feet, drenched and now shivering. Arthur quickly examined Alfred’s forehead for any signs of bruising and pressed a quick kiss there before turning around and sitting back down in his seat, wrapping his arms around himself and trying not to tremble from the cold too conspicuously. “I’m not going anywhere,” he promised, teeth beginning to chatter. “So don’t worry and enjoy your shower.”
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Alfred hears and spots Arthur and is instantly relieved right before the intense pain to his head as they knock into each other. Alfred raises a hand to his head for a moment hissing until the throbbing subsides and he can open his eyes again to find Arthur and make sure he too is okay. If the cursing is anything to go by Alfred is sure he probably is.

"I'm fine, just you weren't saying anything and I wanted to make sure the monsters hadn't got you or anything." He places a hand on Arthur's shoulder to steady himself a bit since it seems that he had already gotten himself soaked somehow. For the moment he completely forgets that he is rather exposed aside from the little bit of shower curtain covering him.

When Arthur draws away, Alfred slowly draws back into the shower. Back under the water is nice and warm again but it makes him realize that Arthur is sitting there wet and cold because of him and staying there because he asked him to and Alfred feels a little guilty and a lot loved. "Hey, Arthur?" He calls again as he soaps up his hair. "...I love you." He is able to play off his blush this time as simply the heat of the shower.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Arthur tried to wring out the water from his clothes as he sat there, waiting for Alfred to finish his shower. He was actually a little bit envious of the smoke curling up towards the ceiling and tried not to think about how much warmer it would be in the shower right now, standing under a scalding spray of water. He shivered again, the tremor running down the full length of his body and leaving his toes curled against the cold tiles.

He heard Alfred call out for him again and turned his attention back to the figure behind the shower curtain, hugging himself tightly in an attempt to stop his shivering. “O-oh…” he replied, face going red at Alfred’s words. “I… love you too, you know,” he said, just loudly enough to be heard over the sound of the shower running.

Arthur sneezed then, the small sound echoing through the bathroom. He covered his nose and wiped at it, but sneezed several times in quick succession. “I’d better not become ill,” he grumbled to himself as he curled up over his knees to conserve body heat. It would have been a better idea to take off his wet clothes but… he suddenly didn’t want Alfred to see his body. He was nothing special to look at, while Alfred was… well, nice to look at. He continued wringing out his shirt and shivering as he waited.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:58 am

Alfred smiles at the returned words of affection but the sneezes that follow make the corners of his mouth drop down. he waits until the sounds subside before speaking up again. "Are you cold?" He asks idly looking off to the side as if that would help somehow.

Alfred gives it a long hard thought before he speaks again, letting the soap in his hair set there, wiping at his forehead whenever some threatened to drip down into his eyes. "It's warmer in here." He starts almost off-handedly. "Maybe, only if you wanted to, you could come in too." Alfred gulps taking a long nervous breath. "I mean, not to do anything..or anything. Just, you probably need a shower too and I don't want you getting sick and..or I could just get out and let you have the shower. I'm almost done anyways. Or you could go change. I'll be okay here..by myself." Alfred rambled on trying to give Arthur options. He didn't want his boyfriend sick because he was being silly and keeping him in the bathroom with wet clothes on. He'd feel horrible of that happened.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:46 am

"I..." Arthur hesitated, still shivering. No matter how much he had fantasised about it, and even though Alfred had been the one to suggest it, he knew that realistically, they weren't ready for anything like sharing a shower just yet. Alfred was afraid, and Arthur himself was afraid, and their relationship was too new. It was balancing on a needlepoint, and Arthur was terrified that the slightest wrong move would be the end of them. 

"It's all right," he called out, sneezing again. "I can wait. Don't rush yourself, darling." And he could wait, he'd wait as long as he needed to if it meant keeping Alfred happy. 

"Make sure you don't slip," he called out as Alfred finally shut the water off. He re-adjusted the bath mat on the floor and turned to face the wall as he held out the towel for Alfred. "Okay, you can come out." A sneeze. "I'm not looking."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 am

Alfred nodded to himself at the answer he got and resolved himself to finishing up quickly. He leaned back and rinsed the soap from his hair, eyes squeezed shut. It didn't take long after that for him to be finished and shut off the water, he peeked out from behind the curtain and true to his word Arthur was there, turned away with a towel for him. He carefully stepped out and toke the towel, drying himself off and throwing it over his head as he slipped back into some of his clothes, enough that he wasn't exposed but something that he could sleep in.

When he was done he whispered softly. "You can turn around now." To Arthur as he rubbed at his hair with the towel once more. He eyes the wet clothes Arthur had on and frowned. "You should change." He suggests having been very aware of the sneezes the whole time. "Unless you want to get sick so I can take care of you." Alfred adds then, in more of his usual joking manner.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:41 am

Arthur grumbled under his breath and led Alfred back to the bedroom by the hand, trying to ignore how warm and damp his boyfriend's skin felt. "Here, just... wait here. I shan't be a moment." Belatedly, he realised that they had never agreed to sleep together... but they'd done so the previous night, hadn't they? He sneezed and rubbed at his nose miserably. "I thought we could share my bed... If that's all right with you." He dug around for another towel and some clothes and pressed a quick kiss to Alfred's cheek.  "I'll be right back," he promised. 

As he was showering he felt a bit guilty for leaving Alfred alone in his bedroom, but he was sure that nothing could hurt him in there. If the American distracted himself by putting his things away then he'd be fine. Nonetheless, Arthur showered as quickly and efficiently as he could before shutting off the water and preparing for bed. 

Soon enough he was padding out of the bathroom in his plain green pyjamas while drying off his hair. He checked to make sure that the other lights in he flat were off before making his way back into the bedroom. "Alfred?" he called out as he stepped through the doorway, "are you all right, love?" 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Alfred just nodded as he was lead back into the bedroom, towel from his hair still around his shoulders. He sat down on the edge of the bed tentatively as a bit of excitement ran up his spine. Sitting on his boyfriend's bed. "That's fine with me.' Alfred says bouncing a little and then Arthur is gone.

He watches the spot where he had been standing rather mournfully before crawling back so that he can pull his legs up on the bed and huddle up. It had been hours since that had watched that movie but some of the thoughts were still lingering in Alfred's mind and he balled himself up tightly clutching at the towel with his hands. It was fine, Arthur would be back in a minute, but every little creak sent shivers back into the American.

At a particularly loud thud against the window Alfred sprung up and despite his reservations about messing up Arthur's bed he scrambled until he was under the covers, blankets over his head, a trembling lump in the middle of the bed. It wasn't until he abruptly heard Arthur's voice did he quieten down a bit and try to look brave. "Arthur!" He says, voice nearly squeaking when he spoke suddenly. "Is that you!" He couldn't exactly see on account of the blankets over his head and he wasn't about to peek out from under then just yet until he was sure.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Arthur gave a tiny smile as he surveyed the trembling lump on his bed. Alfred really was adorable. He gave the lump a light prod and had to bite his lip to keep from smiling too widely when it gave a full-body flinch. “Yes, it’s me,” he said, tugging the covers off his boyfriend’s head. “Who else would it be?” Honestly, if Alfred had been that frightened then why had he agreed to watch that film? …Pride, that was why. Male pride, which now meant that Alfred would be unable to sleep… and Arthur would be unable to get the report done. Bloody fuck.

He finished towelling off his hair and hung both wet towels to dry, stifling sneezes as he did so. When everything was in its proper place, Arthur set his laptop down on the bedside table and plugged it in before sliding underneath the covers with Alfred. The American’s body was comfortingly warm and solid. Arthur laced their fingers together and pressed a kiss to Alfred’s knuckles. “I won’t let anything get you,” he said with a smile, a hint of playful teasing in his voice. “So get some sleep, darling.”

Gently, tentatively, he reached out and combed through Alfred’s slightly damp hair with his fingers, rolling over so that they were facing each other across the pillow. He leaned in until their faces were mere centimetres apart and waited, letting Alfred decide just how much physical contact they’d be sharing.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Alfred was relieved when the covers were yanked from him and Arthur was replaced in his vision instead. "I..dunno." He says trying to cover up for his horrible cowardice at the moment. Alfred seem considerably more relaxed when he can see Arthur though as as the other prepares for bed Alfred sits rather contentedly where he is.

As soon as Arthur is in the bed Alfred scoots closer to him. He squeezes his hand tightly and curls around Arthur slightly holding onto him probably a little tighter then necessary. Alfred barely realizes how close they are until he finds himself looking into Arthur eyes and he gulps nervously. Before he can change his mind he gives Arthur a quick peck on the lips and closes his eyes. He feels safe like this. "Goodnight..sweetheart." He mumbles. "And Thank you."
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Arthur lay still for a while, waiting until Alfred’s breathing had evened out. Once he was sure that Alfred was asleep he tried to wiggle from his boyfriend’s arms, but Alfred’s hold on him was far too tight. Frowning, he reached down to untangle Alfred’s fingers from his shirt. He had to peel each finger back one by one, and when he began to wriggle free Alfred slung an arm over Arthur’s chest and mumbled incoherently.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Arthur whispered, easing up into a sitting position and powering up his laptop. “I’m still here, darling.” One hand remained stroking Alfred’s hair as the other began typing out the report that they’d have to hand in. Although Alfred was a grown man who could definitely handle recounting the events at that final party, Arthur wanted to spare him that.

The hours ticked by as Arthur wrote and refined the report, re-reading it and editing it until he was sure that it was perfect. He didn’t leave anything out this time except the true nature of the relationship between Alfred and himself. They’d reveal that in their own time.

The sun had barely begun to rise when Arthur finally saved the report and printed it, the machine on the other side of the room suddenly whirring to life. He closed the laptop and snuggled back down into Alfred’s arms, his eyes burning from lack of sleep. But it was worth it. The report was done and Alfred wouldn’t have to worry about it. All they had left to do was to submit a hard copy of the report today, and get some replacement glasses for Alfred.

He had only just drifted off to sleep, warm and content in Alfred’s hold, when he felt his boyfriend shift and wake. Arthur stubbornly buried his face in Alfred’s shirt and pulled the covers over his head to block out any noise or light.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Alfred slept very well that night. Normally after a scary movie he would have nightmares but he rested well next to Arthur. It wasn't until morning when he batted his eyes open and moved a hand to rub at them did he recall that he was on his boyfriend's bed and just the thought alone made him sink back into the sheets contentedly.

He looks down and finds Arthur buried under the covers and is tempted to pull them off him before he gets a better idea and pulls his up over him as well and snuggles into Arthur there. "You awake sweetheart?" He asks as he looks over at Arthur's figure. He places a hand on his cheek and traces under his eyes. "Did you not get much sleep?" Arthur looks tired, Alfred can tell and it concerns him.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Arthur grumbled unintelligibly and cuddled into the warmth, letting his eyes slip shut. He gave an uncoordinated hand flail, an attempt to batt at Alfred’s hand as his boyfriend tried to poke at the bags under his eyes. He knew that he must have looked like a mess. There was no need to point it out so brazenly. Arthur gave Alfred’s leg a light kick under the covers and clenched the American’s shirt with both hands, huffing against Alfred’s chest.

“Don’ you dare,” he mumbled murderously, not knowing what he was saying. “Jus’… Mmm, stay there… ’m not awake…” He tangled his legs with Alfred’s and pressed against his boyfriend gently, quickly drifting back off to sleep. But he knew that they had things to do, and he couldn’t afford to sleep in right now. After five minutes of silent cuddling, Arthur knew that he had to get up.

He yawned and stretched under the covers before slowly venturing out into the light. It was far too bright and caused his eyes to water, forcing him to blink repeatedly. But then he caught sight of an adorably sleep-mussed Alfred, and thought that it had been worth it. “’Morning,” he yawned, burying his face in the pillow and groaning softly, ignoring Alfred’s question. Two days with minimal sleep, not counting the nap he’d had the previous day. He was going to be a wreck by tonight.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Alfred smiles fondly and lets Arthur bat at him and cuddle into him, moving his hand to rub at the back of Arthur's hair as he lays still waiting for Arthur to be ready to get up. Alfred almost drifted off again himself, the bed warm and nice compared to crawling out from under the covers. He also wondered when he might have the chance to be in this bed again, in Arthur's flat like this.

When he felt Arthur move to rise finally Alfred waited for a moment before sitting up on his elbows and lolling his head to the side to look at Arthur. God, did he look gorgeous. Sleepy Englishman was definitely a look he could get used to, Alfred thought. Although there was still the concern of those bags under Arthur's eyes. Those wouldn't do at all. "Mornin'" Alfred replies reaching out from under the covers to run a hand through his hair and shivering as the air hit his skin.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:22 am

He was so tired. Arthur shifted, pulling his legs out from beneath the blanket and blearily leaning over to press a quick kiss to Alfred’s cheek before fleeing to the bathroom, face red. He’d just slept with Alfred. His partner-turned-boyfriend. In his own plain-sheeted bed. Granted, he hadn’t really slept that much at all – which actually made it sound worse – and it had been completely innocent anyway… But as Arthur brushed his teeth and washed his face, he wondered whether he’d be able to sleep by himself in his bed tonight, without feeling lonely and lovesick at the lack of a warm boyfriend curled up next to him.

He emerged from the bathroom with water dripping from his hair down his face and sat back down on the edge of the bed, flopping gracelessly backwards over Alfred’s legs. Arthur huffed a soft sigh at the ceiling. “We should book you in at the optometrist,” he muttered, turning onto his side and pillowing his head on Alfred’s knees. He was tired. He would have liked nothing more than to curl back up with Alfred and simply pull the covers over the two of them, shutting out the rest of the world. But there was too much to do.

“I’ll go call,” he said, feeling Alfred’s toes wiggle behind him. He fought back the urge to pounce on the feet and see if his boyfriend was ticklish. That would be un-gentlemanly behaviour, and most unseemly. As it was, he reached under the blanket and gave the feet a light squeeze with his icy cold hands as he climbed back off the bed, giving Alfred a small, mischievous smile. Alfred seemed to bring out the childish side of him – whether that was a good thing or not was yet to be seen.

Arthur padded his way out into the main living area and put the kettle on before grabbing a phone book. He settled on the couch with a yawn and quickly found the nearest optometrist. Soon he had Alfred booked in for an appointment in only a few hours – they’d have time to go have breakfast before that, and Arthur could drop off the report while Alfred was having his eyes tested.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 am

Alfred was still stretching when that kiss to the cheek came and he turned his head hoping to get a proper one but Arthur was already gone, disappearing into the bathroom before Alfred could say anything.

While Arthur was in there Alfred slipped off the bed and wiggled into a pair of pants and a different shirt before leaning and falling back onto the bed waiting. Arthur's bed was nice he decided. He had gone right to sleep last night, but that was once Arthur had been beside him and Alfred could touch him and keep a hold of him and no that he wasn't going anywhere. So maybe it was just Arthur that was comfortable actually. Funny, that wasn't really a word Alfred would have used to describe him before.

Alfred had let his eyes drift closed again when there came the weight on his legs and he didn't need to look down to know what it was but he did anyways. A hand moving to run through Arthur's hair as they both found a comfortable position again. This morning was being so very lazy and Alfred kind of liked it that way.

"Yeah, that might be a good thing to do." Alfred says trying to hide the bit of a face he made. He wasn't a huge fan of doctors but he supposed it was necessary. Then came the feeling of ice on his feet and he nearly shrieked, all thoughts stopping as he cast a very fake angry look towards Arthur as he left the room.

Alfred trailed after Arthur and into the living area, pants slumping onto the side of his hips as he felt lazy and still waking up, hand covering his mouth from a yawn. "What should we do for breakfast?" He asked always one to put food on the priority list as he moved to sit beside Arthur.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:29 pm

"I don't think I have anything edible left in my cupboards," Arthur admitted, smothering a yawn. The back of his throat felt a bit scratchy and his nose was running a bit, so maybe it wouldn't be the best idea to give his boyfriend a proper good morning kiss. If he was getting sick then there'd be no point in spreading the germs to Alfred, too. Instead he gave his boyfriend's hand a quick squeeze and pointed to the television. 

"Here, you can watch some telly while I get changed. We'll have to go out for breakfast. A-and--" he flushed as he caught sight of Alfred's trousers riding low on his hips, "--fix your trousers in the meantime!" Arthur forced himself not to think of anything even mildly sexual. But that was hard. Alfred looked good. The American was hot, there was no way to deny it. But they weren't ready for that yet. 

Arthur hurried into the bedroom, wrinkling his nose at the sight of Alfred's discarded pyjamas thrown carelessly across the bed. He stopped to fold them and make the bed before changing his clothes. After a quick battle with his hair -- which he lost, of course -- he collected the printed report and slid it into one of the many plain manilla folders he had scattered in his bookshelves. As he left the bedroom he broke into a sneezing fit and rushed past Alfred to the box of tissues on the kitchen counter. "Ugh," he groaned, wiping at his nose. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 pm

"That's fine" Alfred replies willing to wait although a little disappointed with not receiving a kiss. He let's Arthur slip away and struggles a bit on the couch to pull his pants up rather embarrassed. How easily it was for him to forget that he wasn't just at his own apartment.

Alfred eyes the tv remote while Arthur is gone but finds it much more entertaining to just look around the room some more. Despite how plain everything was it was the little details that Alfred kept catching that made the place Arthur's. He smiles to himself until he heard that sneeze, head turning to where Arthur is. "Did you really get sick?" He asks a little worry and a but of disbelief in his voice. He watches Arthur wipe at his nose and stands up patting him on the back lightly. "If you get any worse let me know, okay?"
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

“Yes, yes,” Arthur muttered, brushing off Alfred’s concern. “Don’t worry. It’s probably allergies, or something of the sort.” He lingered, enjoying the contact between them before hurrying back to the bedroom and throwing on a thick pullover. He absolutely hated getting sick. And he didn’t get sick all that often, either. Arthur stuffed a wad of tissues into his pocket before collecting his keys, wallet and the folder.

“What do you want to eat?” he asked, not feeling all that hungry. He crossed the room to where Alfred was and leaned his forehead against his boyfriend’s shoulder, closing his eyes and sighing deeply. “It’ll have to be close to the optometrist though.” Arthur handed over the small piece of paper with the details of Alfred’s appointment scribbled on it. “Should we only take one car? If we take yours you can drop me off after we’re done…” he trailed off.

Of course they couldn’t just jump straight into sleeping together every single night, right? It wasn’t like they were going to simply move into together a few days after actually… getting together. It just felt strange because they’d been in such close quarters with each other for the past week. But that didn’t stop him from wanting to remain close by Alfred, to keep him safe and happy. Assuming that Arthur did make Alfred happy, of course.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:39 am

Alfred didn't say anything further but eyed Arthur with concern. If he got sick, then he would take care of him. That was what boyfriends were supposed to do right? When Arthur walked back into the room in a big lumpy pull over though Alfred just had to grin. He looked rather adorable in it and suddenly Alfred realizes how much he's learned about Arthur since they had first met. He had always viewed him as one of the tough hard to crack guys that didn't take or open up for anyone. That was all still true he supposed but now he also saw maybe a bit of a softer side, one that wasn't as confident like the big bad Officer Kirkland was.

Alfred hums in delight and takes the piece of paper handed to him while gently patting Arthur on the back a bit. "Ah, ..yeah. Maybe we can just pick up some doughnuts are something along the way? That wouldn't be too much of a hassle right?" Alfred wanted to skip the appointment and breakfast and all that and just stay here with Arthur but he knew that couldn't happen.

"I guess..yeah we'll take my car." Alfred needed to face the fact as well that he would have to go home eventually and Arthur couldn't always come back with him.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Arthur felt his cheeks flush as he caught sight of his boyfriend grinning at him so openly. What was Alfred smiling about? Arthur tugged his sleeves up so that his hands were showing and shyly reached for Alfred’s hand, hesitant in case it could somehow set Alfred off again. When the American didn’t react badly, Arthur gave his hand a gentle squeeze and tugged him towards the door.

“Doughnuts are fine if that’s what you want,” he nodded, locking up behind them. “I really don’t mind.” As long as it’s with you, his increasingly sappy mind added, but Arthur refused to voice it out loud. He’d become sappy enough. Soon, the entire station would lose their fear of him and he’d be bringing in flowers to place on his desk or something. And though there wasn’t anything wrong with placing flowers on his desk, it kind of went against his entire tough, foul-mouthed image. And he’d worked hard to cultivate that image!

He climbed into Alfred’s car, finding it messy inside but very Alfred. It was the first time he’d been in Alfred’s car, which was a little strange considering that he’d been in Alfred’s bed. But that was okay. They had plenty of time to sort things out. He curled up in the passenger seat and buckled himself in, curiously listening to Alfred’s choice of music.
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:54 am

Alfred followed along pleasantly enough hand in hand with Arthur as they left the flat. "You know.." Alfred muses as they walk out to his car. "You should speak up your opinion more often. You used to be very vocal about what you did and didn't like."

Alfred paused to let go of Arthur's hand and unlock the doors of his truck, climbing in and leaning back in the seat with a relaxed sigh. His lifted the key and turned it in the slot to turn the radio on. Classic rock music filled the car at a low volume, more of a wake up to Alfred then anything else. He turns his head to continue talking to Arthur as he puts his seat belt on.

"It just seems like ever since we started going out, you tip toe around me or something. If there's something you want, just tell me." He smiles trying to be encouraging as he finally started up the car and turned a bit in his seat to look behind him as he pulled out of his parking spot.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum