Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Town is Big Enough...

2 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

This Town is Big Enough... - Page 14 Empty Re: This Town is Big Enough...

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 am

The Spanish man nodded his head dramatically, completely ignoring the fact that Arthur was insulting him for talking so much without getting to the point. “Si! Senor Ludwig is a sheriff! He is usually very kind, but when Feli is sad…” Once again, Lovino cut him off with an undignified snort. “Don’t start with all that again! Let’s just take eyebrow’s offer and get the hell out of here! I’m tired walking around in this damned dress.” Antonio cooed and made his way over to the smaller man, hugging him around the middle. “But Lovi ~ you look so precious mi tomate!” This caused the firey Italian to curse violently and begin his beating his thin fists against the smiling Antonio’s head. What a strange pair the two of them made.

Alfred, after staying relatively silent during the entire exchange, decided it was time for action. Now that they had decided to help the strange pair (at least to the best of their abilities), he figured that they might as well head back to the ranch. He crouched down beside Arthur and offered a small smile. “Should we get going?” It concerned him that the Brit had yet to stand, but thinking back to the pervious night, he understood the reasons. Alfred flushed a light pink and offered a hand to his love. “I’ll help you on the horse if you need me too…” He murmured softly. He resisted the urge to apologize outright about possibly hurting the other since he figured Arthur wouldn’t appreciate it if these two clowns knew about their love making.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 am

Arthur was somewhat glad Lovi, as Antonio called him, was there to distract and shut the Spaniard up. It would have been ten times better for the Spaniard if he had ran into Francis, because the Frenchman was be more than willing to help him with anything. Arthur didn't know why and he didn't question it too much, he didn't need to, and Arthur sure as hell didn't want to. Arthur hoped that taking them back to the ranch wouldn't end up in them robbing someone, especially his family, Arthur would kill the Spaniard if he took money from his family or something from the ranch.

He turned when Alfred came to squat beside him."We should probably get going." Arthur said taking Alfred's help to stand up, because the two were obviously too distracted with one another to notice. He cringed slightly, sitting up had helped a bit with the soreness. As long as no one slapped him on the back no one would really know, Arthur had had worse pain and hobbled through the streets of London and back home. He could walk it was just the starting that was painful. However he hand never gotten on a horse before...if he even got on the horse.

There were four of them now and one horse. Arthur was sure Lovi was going to want to be on the horse if he was in heels. Alfred would get tired eventually with the lack of strength he still possessed, and Arthur could walk if he really needed too. Antonio at some point might get tired if they had been running about. "Alfred, how are we even going to get back, we only have one horse." Arthur said quietly glancing at the horse. "I have a feeling Lovi will demand to ride horse back, and I think you honestly should ride it as well."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Alfred had not realized there was a problem until he had helped Arthur to his feet. There was only one horse to four passengers and the ranch wasn’t exactly close. The American bit back a sigh and turned to Arthur, shaking his head. “I’ll be fine. You’re the one who really should be on the horse.” He would suggest that their two guests (since they would be indebted to them anyway) should walk, but he kind of doubted that anything was going to get that angry Italian to walk more than a few steps. Besides, he would much rather not travel hearing complaining every few seconds.

He cleared his throat, managing to put a halt to the beating session at least for a moment. “Uh… so I’m guessing you’ll be on the horse,” He said, nodding to Lovino. The withering look on the Italian’s face was enough to confirm that, so he coughed into his hand and moved on. “And Arthur hurt himself the other day, so he’ll be riding as well.”

The fiery brunette just scoffed and examined his nails with a bored expression. “We already know you two were going at it. No need to lie, moron.” Alfred sputtered, trying to find the proper words to deny the accusation when Antonio interrupted him. “You are shirtless, mi amigo.” His eyes widened and he quickly glanced down at himself, letting out a yelp when he realized the Spaniard was right. Immediately he covered his chest and flushed brightly, searching for his shirt with a sheepish expression. When he had it located, he pulled it over his head although his cheeks did not lose their flush.

“S-still, Arthur you should be on the horse,” Alfred said, picking the other man up (groaning a bit when he realized his strength had not returned completely) and set the Brit on the top of the saddle. Lovino let out a little groan and got on as well, settling in in front of Arthur, but not before shooting him a warning glare. When everything was said and done, Alfred began walking back towards the ranch, not even bothering to break the awkward silence which had befallen over the strange group of men. Honestly, he was too exhausted to even try.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Arthur flushed red at the observation of the two. "Bloody hell," Arthur said pausing his eyes shifting about as he search for a reason why Alfred would be shirtless in the dessert. "It was obviously a pillow..." Arthur said but the words died on his lips. His green eyes glanced at the floor. It was too late Alfred had made it rather clear they were right, and Arthur himself hadn't helped it much either with his embarrassment either. He simply let Alfred put him on the horse, because the need to argue that Alfred should really be the one up there was already gone.

Lovi came to sit in front of him and Arthur was rather confused by his sudden glare and he made it rather apparent as well. "I didn't put you in the bloody dress," Arthur snapped silently so just Lovi could hear him. Honestly, Antonio made it clear they had nothing worth pick pocketing, and Arthur definitely wasn't going to try feeling the Italian up. An awkward silence came to rest on all for of them, well at least it was awkward for Arthur, Antonio seemed find and happily walked along side the horse and Lovi seemed to just be pouting. He had had a perfect ending to rather not nice day, and had an annoying beginning to this one.

Arthur silently wondered what in the world made him go this far out. He had a feeling it was going to be a long uncomfortable ride between the four of them. His just wanted someone to talk, he would listen to anything, it didn't matter want as long as it was words to distract him from the silence among them.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Barely a half and hour had passed and already Alfred was ready for this trip to be over with. Nobody had said a word since they had departed. Lovino was glaring at the world, Arthur looked miserable, and Antonio… well actually he looked fairly content with the way things were going. The young sheriff sighed and took the horses reins, tugging lightly back towards the ranch. The silence was oppressing and he wasn’t sure how much longer it would be before he would burst. He really did not want to have to converse with the Spaniard and the other man, Lovino, just seemed unpleasant. He wouldn’t have minded talking with Arthur, but the idea of their private conversations having a third (and forth party) bothered him, so that knocked that option out of the running.

Alfred groaned and thought back to how long it would take for them to get back. He couldn’t remember exactly how long he had been riding, but if he had to guess, he would say they had at least a couple more hours to go at this slow pace. That didn’t leave much for it - he needed to do something or this trip was going to take away the last little bit of sanity he had. Besides, Arthur looked uncomfortable. The young American glanced around, inwardly searching for a topic when he caught sight of a small guitar on the Spaniards back. That could work.

He leaned forward and whispered something to Antonio, who cheerfully nodded and unhooked the guitar, strumming it with skillful fingers. Striking up the proper tune, Alfred parted his lips and began to sing.

From this valley they say you are going,
I shall miss your sweet face and bright smile.
For they say you are taking the sunshine
That has brightened my pathway awhile.

I've been thinking a long time my darling,
Of those sweet words you never would say,
But the last of my fond hopes have vanished
For they say you are going away.

Alfred glanced nervously back at Arthur, letting his rich voice carry easily throughout the empty desert. He had never sung in front of anybody other than his mother, but he often enjoyed the songs sung by the cowboys in the west and had picked up on them easily. And it would save them from the awkward task of finding a lasting topic. Besides, nobody seemed to be blatantly covering there ears by the sound of his voice - so that was a good sign.

Then come sit here awhile ere you leave us
Do not hasten to bid us adieu,
And remember the Red River Valley
And the cowboy who loves you so true.

I have promised you, darling, that never
Would words from my lips cause you pain;
My life will be yours forever
If only you sill love me again.

Slowly Alfred allowed himself to relax, singing the words that he had so often whispered alone under a sky full of stars. Eventually he forgot that there was an audience and focused only on the sound of the music.

There never could be such a longing
In the heart of a poor cowboys breast,
As dwells in this heart you are breaking
While I wait in my home in the west.

Do you think of this valley you are leaving,
Oh, how lonely and dreary it will be?
Do you think of the kind hearts you are breaking,
And the pain you are causing to me?

The last notes rang throughout the vast wilderness, hanging pleasantly over the group. For a moment, nobody said anything until Lovino broke the silence. And surprisingly, it wasn’t a total insult. “You don’t suck to badly.” Antonio clapped happily and began playing a more upbeat, Spanish tune, happily singing along in his native language. Alfred fell back to Arthur’s side, both eager and nervous to hear his opinion. After all, he had sung it for him.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:50 am

Arthur was a bit shocked when Antonio started strumming on a guitar. Arthur gave a bit of a sigh, at least it wasn't that quiet any more and he could focus on the music rather than the uncomfortable silence. Then Alfred started singing and Arthur's eyes widened and he turned to stare at the American. The American was good, really good to be exact. Arthur didn't have much to really compare too it, aside from his mother and a few people he had heard on the streets in London. However mostly everyone he had heard in the States was rather wasted as they song tunes. Arthur never really heard the words clear enough to understand what the song was about, but he recognized the tone a bit. He blushed brightly as he heard the words clearly now. There was suddenly no doubt about who Alfred was singing it for.

However when Alfred looked back at him, he turned away to look off into the distance away from Alfred. However he blush darkened. He was trying not to explode with a sort of happiness. No one had ever song to him, with that kind of song at least. His mother had sung to him as a small child, and sometimes his friends, male and female both who sing pointless songs to annoy him. But not once had anyone sang him a love song, and differently not in public.

Eventually the song ended and a different silence sat on them, it was nice. Then Lovi spoke and Arthur wanted to whack him upside the head for such a silly comment. At least Antonio respected it before he went of with his dramatic Spanish singing. Then Alfred fell in step next to him, Arthur noticed from the corner of his eyes. He felt like he should say something, but he was afraid he would say something that would betray the image, he rather liked Antonio, having of him.

"It was definitely on the better end of the people I've heard." Particularly at the end of the better end. Arthur said with a light blush. He felt like his face was betraying what he was saying, but Antonio was too busy singing. "I could stand hearing it again." God, if I could I'd have you sing every night to me! Arthur's green eyes searched for something that wasn't Alfred.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm

To say that Alfred was disappointed was the understatement of the century. He wasn’t expecting much praise (especially while in the presence of these two clowns they had managed to pick up), but he had hoped for something a little more… passionate. He had never poured his emotions out in such a raw way before, and he had rather hoped that it would turn out like one of stories that the town folk would always talk about. The lady falling into her lovers arms and crying out that there was no one more romantic than he. Well okay, he wasn’t looking for anything so dramatic (and Arthur was certainly no lady), but still… something would have been nice.

“Oh…” Alfred looked away, hands dropping from the side of the horse. “Thanks…” He allowed himself to fall a little behind the Brit, walking with his head down and his hands in his pockets. He should have known better than to try something so overly emotional - Arthur probably was upset with him for being so obvious about it, especially in front of Lovino and Antonio. He was such a moron at times.

The young sheriff’s bad mood continued throughout the rest of the ride. Thankfully, no more awkward silences overtook the strange group. Antonio seemed perfectly happy with singing Spanish songs throughout their journey - halting only once when Lovino started screaming at him for being such a ‘irritating tomato loving bastard with no sense of taste’. But that argument was quickly resolved and they continued along their way.

Before too much longer, the ranch came into sight (much to the relief of nearly everybody in the party). Alfred lead the horse back to the stable, helping Arthur and Lovino down. When the Italian man went to his Spanish counterpart, going off on another rant that he didn’t care to listen to, Alfred slipped away to set the horse up. He cut her some hay and sat down on the rail beside her, lightly petting the creatures silky mane. Groaning loudly, he dropped his head into his hands and rubbed his temples. The day had barely started and already he couldn’t wait to get back to sleep. This did not look promising.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:23 am

Arthur cursed himself for the inability to act in the true way he felt. Arthur could do it rather well with negative feelings towards something, but he could never really express himself positively with out over doing it and looking silly, or under doing it and looking like he didn't give much care. He can't explain why either, he was just like that. Francis teased him and said it was most likely the reason no one really like Arthur. He sighed and the ride continued one, and Alfred looking rather hurt by his reaction to it which didn't help making the ride feel any quicker. Occasionally he would glance back at the young sheriff and find little change in his state before turning back and praying the ranch would just appear and he could redeem himself behind closed doors.

Eventually the ranch did come into view and everyone sort of relaxed a bit more. When they arrived, Peter was out practicing with the rope again, with a pout on his face. He was rather good at it now, Scott was watching him leaning on the fence. Alfred helped Lovi and him down, and Lovi attacked the Spaniard rather loudly causing Arthur's too brothers to turn and looked at him.

"What the bloody hell happened to you?!" Scott snapped sharply as he came walking over. "Do you know how long it took Evan and I to calm down mother? Especially when the horse returned and you were no where in sight. She's very clingy to you and you still go around like you don't care." Arthur cringed slightly and looked down at his boots.

"Sorry," Arthur shot back weakly, "The horse got frightened by something and panicked." Arthur said and it wasn't a completely lie. "I got knocked off, but I'm fine, just a sore back." Arthur glanced at the two additions and was happy they were yelling at each other, well attempting to swoon in Antonio's case, and not able to correct him. "Alfred stumbled upon me last night and figured it was best I rest to make sure I was fine."

"Who are those two?" Scott pointing to the arguing group.

"Antonio and Lovino," Arthur said surprised he remembered the man's full name. "They ran into Alfred and I, this morning. We promised to help them get to the next two." Arthur said as Antonio came bounding over like he knew there talking about him. "Look, can you get them some food and new clothes, I want to check on Alfred he walked the whole way back."

Arthur didn't wait for an answer and hurried away back to the stables to try and find Alfred. He did and his earlier feels from the ride back returned. He stepped lightly towards the American. "You okay? It was a long walk, I'd understand if your were tired."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 am

Alfred looked up from his hunched position, smiling a bit when he caught sight of Arthur moving closer to him. “I’m fine. Just a bit tired,” He said, sitting up straight and stretching, trying to work out the tension in his back. Although he would never admit it, the walk had been more tiresome than he would have liked. He could not wait before his strength returned in full - it was strange not being able to do what he used to. Not wanting to appear weak, he stood up and went back to attending to the horse, brushing some of the dirt off of her mane. He bit his lip, now suddenly remembering why the trip had been so difficult. Arthur didn’t seem to be too upset with him, but apologizing shouldn’t hurt anything.

“Arthur… I just want to say sorry for what I did earlier. I shouldn’t have… well been so obvious in front of Antonio and Lovino, especially about the song.” Alfred looked away, cheeks red from embarrassment. Trying to avoid Arthur’s eyes, he walks to the other side of the horse to hide, pretending to still be attending to her. “I don’t know what I was thinking when I did that. I hope you can forgive me.” There, it was said and done. He could only hope that the other man wouldn’t make too big of a deal of this - he already felt like he was walking on thin ice for asking him to return home to England the other day. Yes their night of passion had probably helped to relieve some of that tension, but he still couldn’t believe that this was really happening. After all the bad things that had happened during his lifetime, it was difficult to believe that he deserved someone so perfect.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:13 am

The Englishman wanted to snap at Alfred. If the man was tired than he shouldn't be tending to the horse, there were stables boys to do most of it. Still Arthur couldn't bring himself to get angry at the man, not after everything that happened. It didn't mean he didn't want the American to rest either. He would have to draw the line somewhere. He was about to tell Alfred it would be better if he rested and let someone else tend to the horse when suddenly the American started apologizing.

Arthur listened and the guilt started setting in. Alfred really had taken his reaction the wrong way. He shook his head at the apology. Arthur should be the one to apologize not Alfred. It didn't matter that Antonio and Lovino where there, they had already figured out the two had been involved. Besides Antonio was rather good about other people's feelings, he acknowledged them but he didn't get overly involved and want details about it like Francis would have. So there was no reason for Arthur to feel like he had to hold anything back aside from over reacting and looking like a fool.

"Alfred..." He started and paused for a bit as he pushed his way into the stall. "I should be the one apologizing. I don't know how to react positively to things." Arthur glanced and his feet and leaned against on of the walls. "I really liked what you did...really liked it. It's just..." Arthur fiddled with some of the hay on the floor with the toe of his boot, "no ones really sung to me, and didn't want Antonio or Lovino to think I went all mushy at things like that either. No one would take me seriously." Arthur said with a sigh, "so I'm sorry as well."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 am

Alfred’s head snapped up when he heard Arthur speak, eyes widening with realization. For a moment, he didn’t react, simply turning the new information over in his mind before letting out a loud chuckle. He slapped his hand over his mouth, but it didn’t do much to suppress his laughter. “Wait, so you didn’t want to say anything because you thought it would hurt your reputation? That’s so cute!” Honestly, how could the Brit be so adorable? Here he had thought he had seriously offended the other by being so open about his feelings, and Arthur was worried about still looking like a tough guy. Too cute!

The young sheriff couldn’t stop his laughter. Arthur was no doubt going to be embarrassed (or in the worse cause scenario, huffy), but he couldn’t help it. He wasn’t used to people placing so much importance on the opinion of others, so it was adorable that the stubborn Englishman cared so much about reputation. “I’m sorry,” He managed to say, leaning heavily on the railing as he tried to stifle his giggles. “I just thought that you hated the song, or my voice, or something else and then…” Another laugh, “It turns out that you just want to keep up your reputation. It’s just really cute Artie.”

When he managed to get his laughter under control, he stepped closer to Arthur, eyes bright with hope. He looped his fingers within the other mans, careful to stay slightly hidden behind a pole, least somebody walk in and see them. “Did you really like it Artie?” He hoped this wasn’t just some sort of plot to make him feel better about his horrible singing and that the other really did enjoy the song. He had never sung for anybody before (besides his mother), and his little confidence would have been shot if the British man honestly had disliked it. “Because, I would love to sing for you again sometime… If you wanted.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 am

Cute?! What was that about? Arthur felt that he was not cute in the least, not at all, not even the smallest bit. His blushed at the comment of it still. Maybe it was because Alfred was laughing and him, and there was a good reason, Arthur did suppose it was a rather silly reason to actually do what he did, but it didn't make him cute. He pouted, slightly turning his face away from the American, still watching him closely. As a child Arthur had always been the good, studious child, who could be a rebel when he really wanted to, but for the most part he was a good student. Still he attempted to keep the good student reputation even as he got more and more rebellious, and defending himself more sharply and turning the tables with his words.

At the feeling of Alfred intertwining their fingers back together, he couldn't stop himself from blushing more. Honestly Alfred was a bit daring with their relationship in public areas. Not that it would be easy to tell someone off with a quickly lie, and his family probably had a feeling that Alfred was more than just a friend to him, but wasn't sure to what degree. Arthur glance down to see their hands were hidden well behind a pole.

"I did really like it Alfred." Arthur said with a grin, "in fact I loved it. I honestly can't wait till you sing to me again." Arthur said giving Alfred a very quick peck on the cheek. "You should probably rest the rest of the day."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Alfred smiled brightly, accepting the soft kiss against his cheek (although he wouldn’t have minded a kiss against the lips, but he understood why the other man wouldn’t want to risk that with his family so near). “I’ll be sure to sing for you again soon,” He promised, already making a mental list of all the songs he wanted to Arthur to hear. He flushed a bit, realizing how much of a sap he must be, but he couldn’t help it. He was a romantic through and through - he was raised by a woman and learned to love all the sweet aspects of romance. Perhaps it was a bit outdated for the roughed up men of the west, but he couldn’t get away from it. It was simply a part of who he was.

When Arthur spoke again, he pouted. Honestly he had been expecting being reprimanded for walking the entire way back to the ranch, but that didn’t mean he was any happier about it. Yes he probably hadn’t have been completely ready to make the trek, but he wasn’t some weakling - he could handle himself. “But I don’t want to Artie. I saw your brother out there practicing, and I did promise to help him rope some moving targets. He would be disappointed if I backed out now.” Well, okay, that was a bit of a lie. He could fairly easily teach the boy without exerting himself, but since he was on a roll with impressing Arthur, he might as well add roping to the list.

Pulling lightly on Arthur’s hand, he lead the way back outside. Once they were in sight, he dropped his hold on the other’s hand and made his way over to Peter, grinning happily. “Hey there! Looks like you’ve got that pretty much mastered. Do you want to move onto something harder?”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Arthur wanted to object to Alfred resuming teaching Peter but his face made Arthur bite back his sharp words. He sighed, "Just be careful." He hoped Alfred would stop if he was feeling over exerted, other wise Arthur would give him a rather long, hard scolding. He left Alfred lead the way out and towards the house where Peter was still practicing, happy he let go of his hand the moment they left the stable.

Peter perked up as he heard Alfred address him. His face immediately brightened at the sight of the American and he practically ran up the fence in excitement. "Are we going to work on moving targets today?" Peter asked childishly. "I tried with Scott earlier today, but it didn't go so well." Peter said and Arthur tried to suppress a chuckle. The image of Scott running around while Peter tried to rope him tickled his funny bone. Peter gave him a weird look. "Mum's super mad at you."

"It's not my fault I fell of the horse." Arthur snapped, figuring he should see his mother to show her he was okay. However he wanted to stay with Alfred and make sure he didn't over do it. "I'll see her in a little bit," Arthur said unless she came storming out of the house and yelling at him.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Alfred smiled, finding it sweet that the boy looked so excited about his arrival. He had never had a younger sibling and had often wished for one to play with and guide, so it was nice to have the opportunity to test it out for a short while. Despite the Kirkland brothers harsh teasing towards each other, he rather liked them all and wished that he could have more of an opportunity to get to know them. Perhaps one day, if Arthur made good on his promise to take him to England. But for now, he would enjoy the time they had left.

“You bet partner,” At his declaration of trying to rope his older brother, he chuckled and shook his head. “No, I’d imagine that didn’t work out too well. And be careful, I don’t want your brother to come after me because I taught you how to rope like a pro.” Of course, it was all in good fun. He couldn’t see Peter doing something that he knew would hurt his brothers (at least not intentionally).

“Now, for roping a moving target…” He took the rope from Peter’s hand and tied a lasso with ease, absentmindedly twirling as he walked towards the fence post. “Hmm… this will be a bit tricky at first, but I guarantee that with practice, you’ll get it. The only thing I can tell you is that timing is everything.” He swung his legs over the wooden fence keeping the cattle away from the house. They weren’t exactly moving to try and get away from him, but he would take what he could get in the way of demonstrating. Selecting a steer walking not too far from him, Alfred carefully judged the distance and swung the rope, catching it along the horn. He pulled the rope with one arm, tightening the rope into a small knot before turning back to Peter. “All I can say is that practice makes perfect for this step.” He said with an easy smile, going over to the large animal to untie the knot.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:41 am

"Scott won't come after you, he volunteered to help me." Peter said watching as Alfred climbed over the fence. Arthur knew why. Scott treated Peter more like a nephew, so he was sort of the crazy young uncle to the boy. The two hadn't grown up together, where Arthur and Peter had and tend to have more brotherly relations, so Scott was more willing to play with Peter than he ever had with Arthur. Evan and Arthur were really the only two with a brother like relationship towards Peter, and the boy didn't seem to mind. "They only one who might get mad at you is Arthur, cause he's a jerk, and maybe Evan if I really annoy him with it."

Arthur shot Peter a glare, really the boy needed to learn to watch his tongue. He most likely learned the words from his schooling and not from the household, and learned when and where to use them. Arthur sighed though. Peter's attention was too fixed on Alfred to even noticed his youngest older brother glaring at him. Arthur turned he attention to Alfred as well, watching as he aimed for one of the cattle. He caught the horn and the animal short of made a sound of annoyance or a want to know what it did to deserve such treatment.

"Can I try?" Peter asked excitedly. "Scott tried to help but he kept moving too quick." Peter said, again causing Arthur to chuckle, imagining Peter yelling at Scott to slow down. "The cows seem way slower."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 am

Alfred untangled the rope from the steers horn, giving the animal a small pat on the head to apologize for disturbing it. The cattle snorted and turned away from him, continuing it’s walk to the other side of the ranch. The young American turned to Peter and smiled. “Of course. These guys are good practice in the beginning. They don’t really move too quickly, so you can develop your aim and timing before moving onto your brothers,” He said, flashing Arthur a teasing look before hopping back over the fence. He handed Peter the rope again and motioned towards the cattle. “Go ahead partner. They’re all yours.”

Once the boy had his attention occupied, the young sheriff moved to stand by Arthur. He wanted desperately to slip his hand back within Arthur’s smaller one, but resisted. He silently wondered if the Brit was ever going to tell his family about them. Of course he understood why he didn’t. Relationships of this sort weren’t exactly well received by most of society, but he sort of wondered if they one day decided to… advance their bond even farther (he tried to push back his fantasy about marriage), what would he do than? Alfred didn’t like the idea of constantly being kept a secret from the family that Arthur was so obviously close to, but he wouldn’t let it bother him right now. After all, they were just sort of starting out themselves - there was no reason to mention it just yet.

He was just about to say something when a loud voice interrupted him. Alfred glanced back towards the house where Lovino and Antonio had just emerged - the Italian man dressed now dressed in what looked to be like large hand-me-downs from one of the Kirkland brothers. He was once again making a scene about something or another, but Antonio seemed to be ignoring him in favor of waving excitedly to Arthur and Alfred. He bounced over to them and took Alfred’s hands, shaking them happily. “Gracias mi amigo! Without your help, an innocent man would have put into prison!” Alfred simply nodded and pulled his hands away, not convinced that Antonio was totally guiltless. But he was nice enough, and as long as he (or Lovino for that matter) didn’t cause Arthur’s family any trouble, he didn’t really care what the two of them did.

He was just about to reply with something to that extent when Antonio exclaimed loudly and slapped his forehead. “Ay dios mio! I had forgotten!” The Spaniard began searching through his ragged clothing, pulling out a letter. “Francis asked me to give this to you if I ever ran into you. How funny of him, it’s like he knew we would be seeing each other soon!” Antonio laughed at his own joke and handed the letter over to Arthur, grinning like a fool. “I miss Francis. Last time I saw him, he was looking for his own amor. I hope he finds him soon - he really does deserve somebody to love and cherish, like my precious Lovi!” The absentminded Spaniard continued his loving rant, but Alfred tuned it out. Instead he turned to Arthur and glanced down at the paper in his hands. Strange that Francis was sending correspondence - they didn’t exactly seem like close friends. “Any idea what it is?” He asked, motioning to the letter, curiosity showing within his clear blue eyes.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 am

Peter happily took the rope and quickly got to work on attempting to lasso one of the cows that were minding their own business and moving around ever slowly. Unlike his brothers Peter hadn't developed his aim yet. He hadn't been in the pub and played darts, especially with drunk people walking in the way and stumbling out, or even drunk himself. He hadn't done any time of hunting, with Arthur had always disliked but his father had insisted all his boys go or so help him. Arthur tried to remember that and not laugh and the young boy when he missed by some of the longest shots. Peter glared at him when a few snickers came out. Arthur was happy Alfred came to relax and watch by him on the fence.

It was a rather peaceful event until Antonio and Lovino came bursting out the house. Lovino with his mouth blazing, and Arthur wished he could cover Peter's ears so he won't start using such colorful language until he was older. Lovino seemed to have borrowed some of Evans clothes, but even then he was swimming in them. Arthur sighed at the sight of Antonio waving at them like there wasn't a care in the world. Arthur went back to Peter, who had paused a bit in his practice at the noise, but eventually resumed like nothing happened.

Arthur tuned them out until the name Francis came up. He turned shocked by the name. He watched as Antonio pulled out a letter. Francis had always sort of know that Antonio and Arthur ran into each after seeing him at some point. However it Arthur was interested in what he was saying more importantly what was in the letter.

Arthur shrugged, "I know the frog but I don't why he would write a letter." Arthur snapped gently. "Just read it." Arthur said moving a little closer to look at the letter.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 am

Alfred simply shrugged, turning the letter over in his hands. A part of him was worried that it would reveal that something bad had happened to his brother. He could remember the last time they had run into the Frenchman, he had a strange affection towards his twin (much to the young sheriff’s irritation). He hoped that no harm had befallen his quiet sibling and that he remained well protected. A bit apprehensively, Alfred tore open the letter and unfolded it.

Mon cher Arthur ~
You have been making quite a mess for yourself. The bounty on your head has been risen and if you do manage to accomplish your goal, you will have all but painted a target on the back of your head. Matthieu and I will shelter you and your cheri when the time comes.

It was unsigned with only directions to a town scrawled at the bottom. So Arthur had made enough of a nuisance of himself to even concern the flamboyant Frenchman. The thought did not inspire any comfort for Alfred as he handed over the note for Arthur to read. “I guess he found Matthew.” That was good to know - at least he could be sure that his brother had somebody to look after him. Sure he would have preferred someone who didn’t solely want to get in his pants, but at least he knew that he was safe and being looked after.

Alfred glanced over at the Englishman, lips pressed tightly together in a concerned manner. Although he knew that Arthur had probably been causing trouble for the big name criminals in the west, he had no idea the intensity of his actions. His earlier fear of losing Arthur was slowly returning, but he fought it back. They had already decided that he would stay and the would work together to protect each other. “We should go see them,” He said lightly, glancing over to check on how Peter was doing. “If not only to see my brother. I want to make sure Francis is taking care of him.” That and maybe it would give them the opportunity to lay low for a while.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:14 am

Arthur took the letter from Alfred and read it over quickly. It was everything he had already figured out would happen, so Francis was telling him nothing was anything overly new. Maybe the bounty was a bit new, but if Ivan was pay sheriffs off, Arthur was sure he could get someone to bust the bounty and do the dirty work. Arthur hoped he still was wanted alive, because if Ivan wanted him dead and was willing to pay for it, Arthur was sure he won't get much chance to run. Still it was nice to know Francis was willing to hide Alfred and him away if needed. Might be have been because Francis was really the one to sort of introduced Arthur to the criminal world when the Frenchman had caught him attempting to pick pocket him.

Arthur folded the letter neatly with a nod at Alfred's comments. "We can wait a bit too." Arthur said, figuring he had to give up the surprise for a good reason to wait. "I sent for Victoria and Liberty when we first arrived. They should be here at the end of the week." Arthur said grinning lightly. That and he had promised his mother, swore to her he wouldn't leave early unless it was extremely necessary. Ivan didn't know where they were and even then there had been a deal with Ivan about things of the nature, all depending on certain situations.

"We can go then and maybe you can build you're strength up before we go home." Arthur said, flipping the letter in his hands. It was odd for him to think he life had come to such events and he was on the run yet again, only this time from a criminal master mind of the west.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Alfred’s blue eyes widened to almost comical proportions when he processed what Arthur had just said. Instantly, he reached forward and pulled the British man into a tight hug, not caring that they were still in plain view of his family. “You took care of Liberty for me? Thank you! Thank you so, so much!” He barely resisted planting a kiss against his lips in thanks, instead pulling away and wearing a large smile. Here he had already accepted that his darling horse had probably already been claimed by another owner and Arthur had planned way ahead and taken care of his beauty himself. What he had he done to deserve him?

Still overcome with joy, Alfred simply nodded in agreement without quite processing Arthur’s statement. He was too busy imagining riding again and getting back to a life similar to the one he had before. Only this time, he would have Arthur by his side. The young sheriff smiled happily and leaned back against the fence, going off on a long daydream about the life they would have together. He silently wondered if Arthur would be interested in traveling around with him. If he got to take him to England, Alfred would have liked the opportunity to show him his home state of Virginia. Of course it was nothing compared to the west, but still, it would a trip worth taking.

Alfred came back to reality when Lovino and Antonio began their usual bickering (well Lovi was bickering, the Spaniard was dreamily staring off into space). He shook his head at the two and turned back to Arthur, offering him a small smile. It was a crazy life the two of them lead, but he enjoyed every second of it. Even with all the weirdo’s they managed to encounter. “We should go inside and see your mother. I’m guessing she probably wasn’t happy that you were gone all night…” He couldn’t imagine the stress Arthur had caused his mother, especially back after he had nearly lost his life. The last thing he wanted to do was be the cause of more pain for that women. She had been kind to him and the least he could do was offer her some peace of mind.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:48 am

Alfred took Arthur by surprise when he took the Englishman up in tight hug. Arthur let out a small yelp, but grinned as he relaxed a bit. In fact when he had got back to the town with his family they were trying to sell the two horses. Everyone in town had given up because the two were rather attached to each other and Victoria was mean to every soul who came near her and Liberty. Of course when Arthur arrived back into, alive and healthy the two horses were taken off the market. Arthur had picked a stable boy who Victoria had warmed up to to take care of the two until he sent for them. "Victoria and a stable boy did more than me, but you're welcome." Arthur said in the tight hold, before being let go.

A calmness sat on them, and then Lovino started ranting off about something and Antonio went off ignoring it cheerily. The sheriff's statement surprised him but he nodded and sighed. His mother was sure as hell going to be angry at him. "I suppose we should." Arthur said before he started towards the house, Peter still attempting to rope the cattle. The rope no hitting some of his targets.

Arthur lead the way into the house, peeking in the door way trying to make sure he wasn't going to be attacked by his mother. She came walking down the stairs when he entered the house, still looking in the opening to the other rooms. She quickly came running down the rest of the stairs and almost tackled him in a hug. "Oh, Arthur, I thought those horrible men found you and took you away." She exclaimed holding him tightly and rocking him from side to side like she use to do when he was younger and had gotten lost in wilderness by his aunts house.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:08 am

Alfred stood back as Arthur’s mother brought him into a tight hug. He smiled a bit to himself, heart aching a bit when he thought back to his own mother. The last time he had seen her, she had been too delirious with fever to recognize him as her son. Than, a day later, he had found out that she had passed on and was sent off to be looked after by a kind old neighbor. The woman had done the best she could for him, but a part of him still longed for the motherly attention he had so long gone without. Arthur really was lucky to have a mother who cared so deeply for him.

He gave the two of them another soft smile before slipping out the door again. This was a private moment between mother and child - he didn’t need to be there watching. So instead he went back to watching Peter as he tried to rope cattle. He seemed to be failing at the task, but Alfred hoped he wouldn’t get discouraged. He knew how difficult it was to master that skill and it would take some time before Peter would have it completely master. But, it would be worth it in the end. Well, at least, he thought it would be. No doubt Peter wanted to go back to England and be the envy of the other boys (plus having another tool to mess with his older brothers wouldn’t be a bad thing to have).

Alfred leaned against the fence post, thinking quietly to himself. Antonio and Lovino seemed to have quieted down and were enjoying the peace by sitting off with each other, conversing softly. Lovino had lost some of his earlier irritation and was accepting Antonio’s calm affection rather well. Alfred smiled a bit and turned away, letting them have their private moment as well. The world moved slowly around him, and he appreciated the chance of pace. It would not last, he knew that for a fact. But, he resolved to enjoy it for as long as he possibly could.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 am

Arthur allowed his mother to hold him for a while before he spoke up. "No, my horse just got startled and through me off." Arthur said softly, his mother pulled back quickly and looked him over for inquires. Arthur bit back a small chuckle and her quickness. He remembered as a young child being manhandled by her as she looked him over.

"Are you alright?" She asked, because now she couldn't check him over like she use to.

Arthur nodded slowly, he was more than alright. "I'm just sore in the back, that's all, nothing serious."

His mother raised an eyebrow at him, sliding her hands down his arms and giving him a soft look. She sighed, "I thought you were going through with the deal." Arthur raised a thick eyebrow at her, his family knew there had been a compromise to get Ivan's men of their tails and just Arthur's. However they didn't know the details or the underlying plan that Arthur would go through with if their locations and Alfred's safety was compromised. "I over heard a small part accidentally when I went to inform you of the sleeping arrangements that night." His mother looked at the floor.

"I...no, I didn't do that, and hopefully I don't have to." Arthur said with a gently. "I just need to think about things, away from...here." Arthur slipped his hands into his jeans' pockets

"Evan told me that," His mother smiled, "just be careful Arthur."

"I always am."

Peter was growing slightly frustrated at the fact that he wasn't roping anything yet. However he did notice his was getting slower and eventually brushing the cattle with the rope and that was enough to keep him going. He wasn't going to stop until he one of the cows. At least then he would know he could do it and it was just practice like Alfred said.

He had never been more focus on anything in all of his twelve years of life. He did the same routine over again. Readied the rope, spun it over his head, and then throw it when he felt the time was right. His blue eyes watched it fall, appearing like it landed around a horn. He gave the testing tug and found it had.

Peter through his arms up and gave a cry of joy. He finally got something that moved.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Alfred looked up when he heard Peter’s joyful cry. He smiled brightly when he saw that the boy had finally managed to catch something with his lasso. Not only had he looped the rope around the steers horns, but he had tightened it into a perfect knot. The young American stood up, ready to give the boy a congratulations when he caught sight of the animal he had managed to snag. It was the same creature he himself had roped - and after being the subject of many failed attempts, the animal looked more than a little irritated. He recognized the tensing of the joints and the flaring of the nostrils and knew instantly what was coming.

He shot forward and tugged the rope easily from the young boy’s hand just as the steer reared backwards. Peter’s knotting really had been perfect, because it did not loosen even with the large animal angrily shook it’s head, pulling out the rope’s slack. Being a full grown man, Alfred was only thrown up against the fence due to the force of the animals thrashing. His head knocked painfully against the wooden post and his lip split, but otherwise he was alright. He crumpled down and groaned, letting the rope slip out of his fingers once more. Better him than Peter. A steer that big could have thrown the kid half way across the yard if he had really wanted to.

Alfred looked up at Peter, offering him a small (slightly pained smile) and he clutched his torso. “Perfect execution, wrong target I’m afraid,” He said with a laugh before resting his head back against the wooden post. Hopefully Arthur didn’t hear anything from inside the house. He didn’t want for Peter to get blamed for his act of blind stupidity, especially when it was his fault he was out here roping in the first place. Just a few more minutes of sitting down and he would be back on his feet. To distract himself from the dull throbbing in his side and head, he continued his light conversation with Peter. “I think you best stay clear of the steers for now. They’re more apt to thrash about. It was a beautiful catch though - you’ll have roping mastered in no time.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum