Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Town is Big Enough...

2 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

This Town is Big Enough... - Page 23 Empty Re: This Town is Big Enough...

Post by Crocky Kirkland Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:01 am

Arthur woke with a start about mid-morning, giving Matthew a small fright when he started scrabbling about in the bed. Tearing his hand way from something that had a lose hold. However Arthur come to realize where he was faster than it was taking him to battle the sheets and topple out of the bed. He settled down as well, turning and looking at Matthew, before letting out a shaky breath and falling back on the bed. He can't even remember what caused him to wake with such a start and freak out as he did. Matthew didn't say anything, but there was still the silent question of "is everything alright?" hanging in the air. Arthur groaned, no one was out to hurt him any more, and he knew for a fact that no one was going to kick down his door and do whatever they had planed for that day.

The Englishman rolled on his side to look at Matthew, who had turned his attention back to what it had been on before. Something that immediately made Arthur sit back up again. "Alfred!" Arthur gasped, trying to make himself not surprised by the amount of bandages on the American's body. If he remembered correctly he should be happy to see the American in them, it meant he had been treated and cared for, Arthur just wished it wasn't so much. There wasn't much Arthur could do for the American at the time, and his own stubbornness had probably gotten some of the injures, but Arthur still couldn't help but frown. Why did that American have to get hurt for him? However Arthur didn't know all that had happened and he couldn't ask. He gently took the limp hand of the American and held it tightly, the warmth and feeling welcomed.

"I'll go tell Francis you're awake and he'll make you something to eat." Matthew said with a grin, causing Arthur to look at him and blink.

"Oh..." Arthur said still not use to the luxuries of not being in Ivan's hands. "Thank you."

"I'll be back in a few hours or so, less something happens." Matthew said before collecting his things and walking out of the room. Arthur gave a nod and laid back down, cuddling Alfred's arm and holding his hand. He missed being so close to the American.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Alfred slowly came back into consciousness. He wasn’t aware of much in the beginning, only a dull pain in his shoulder and the indefinable warmth that surrounded him. He moaned softly and shifted on the bed, quickly losing his grasp on the dream he had been having as he grew more aware of his surroundings. He was in a bed, that much was for certain, and he had been asleep for a long time. A sudden flash back to the events leading up to this brought a sense of clarity to the situation. He had been shot before he could reach Arthur, and beyond that he did not remember. Had it not for the soreness in his limbs, he might have believed he were dead.

The sheriff slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times to clear his vision. He was in a room that he did not recognize, but that didn’t mean anything. The last few months he had spent traveling and often times slept in places he couldn’t remember if he had tried. But this was different, he was warmer than usual and there was an soft pressure on his right arm, keeping him from moving about to much. Alfred groaned, but tilted his head a little to look down and see what was causing it. Arthur lay beside him, cuddled up close with his hand laying comfortably within the American’s. Of course it had to be Arthur.

Alfred tried to speak, but only managed a shaky groan. Absolutely everything hurt. His body had been pushed to it’s limits and it would be some time before he could move around without hurting too much. But for now, he wasn’t worried. The crime ring had disbanded for the moment, and although Yao had vanished, there was little he could do about it now. They were safe to enjoy the peace for as long as they needed.

“Arthur…” He said, exhaustion and pain evident within his voice although his lips were pulled up in a smile. After so long of being parted, of not knowing whether the other man lived, he was finally safe. “Arthur… I missed you so much.”
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:59 am

The Englishman sprang up when he heard Alfred groan, his green eyes looking over the American carefully. He was debating calling for Matthew, however the more he looked the more he noticed. Alfred was awake, and smiling at him. The grin that only Alfred could posses, and for a rather long time something Arthur dreamed endlessly about. His heart soared at the sight. Yet the sound of the American's voice made him frown deeply. There was a very good reason for the American would be sounding as such, he did after all way up and he was covered in injures. All he could thing was how dare he smile like everything is all right in the world! To Arthur not all was alright, yes, he was free, but Alfred was injured for his sake, a cause Arthur had willing gone into Ivan's hands to prevent. How dare he be so...so...cheeky about things!

Arthur, of course, had missed had missed the American dearly. He could say his missed him as well, and it wouldn't be a lie and not spat out in a fit of anger. However the Englishman was too currently enraged to actually go though with it and sound nice and happy, even though Alfred was injured. "You bloody git!" Arthur snapped, tempted to hit the American, but to his injures redirected the blow to the bed. "I should have never let you go to Ivan! Matthew should have tended to you before you went off to God only knows, to do God only knows what." Arthur wanted to be reunited with Alfred, but not like this. "What were you bloody thinking?!"

Green eyes glared sharply at the American before the Englishman dove down. He nuzzled lightly into the American's neck, taking in a deep breath of Alfred's sent. Arthur felt like crying, whither it was out of joy or anger, Arthur wasn't sure. "I missed you too, Alfred..." Arthur said quietly and gently after a while.
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 am

Alfred continued to smile as Arthur yelled and hit the mattress in his rage. Had he reacted any differently, the young American wouldn’t have believed it was Arthur. He chuckled painfully, but did not respond to the other’s question. Arthur knew exactly what he was thinking and why he had acted so rashly - after all, he had been thinking something very similar when he gave up his freedom to keep Alfred alive. He needed to save the person he loved - nothing else, even his own life, mattered so long as he could ensure his safety.

He wasn’t surprised when Arthur let his anger drop in favor of pressing himself close. Alfred’s eyes drifted closed and he managed to loop one arm loosely around the other’s waist, enjoying the warmth his thin frame provided. It had been far too long since they had held each other like this. Those weeks of not knowing where Arthur was or if he was even still alive - they had been absolutely agonizing. Alfred made a silent promise then and there that while there was still breath left in his body, he would do everything in his power to keep them from being parted like that again. “I know…” He whispered against the soft locks of his blond hair. “I’m sorry for not taking better care of myself… But I’m here now, and I promise I’m not going anywhere.”

Despite not wanting to lose the warmth that Arthur’s body provided, the light pressure was causing a great deal of discomfort to his wounded shoulder. He groaned a bit and shifted as best he could without panicking the other man. “Ah Artie… that side kind of hurts,” He managed with a small wince. Damn, he had finally just recovered from his months of captivity and now he had to waste even more time getting over nearly being shot and stabbed to death. When would life ever give him a break? His gaze flickered back up to Arthur’s face, and his pain suddenly no longer seemed so important. He could handle all the trials in the world if it meant being able to see him everyday.

“Arthur, I’d forgotten…” He struggled to lift his arm and gave up when the pain was too great, instead opting to direct the Brit to what he wanted. “In my pocket… I’d promised to get you one and… I hope you like it. I know it’s a bit feminine but… it was my mothers…” He coughed awkwardly, and glanced away, hoping Arthur wouldn’t be offended by the offering. It was traditional to give a ring to the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. Unfortunately, he did not have the proper time or funds to buy anything new, so he had decided on presenting his mothers ring instead. It was just a simple gold band, but it was thin enough to hopefully fit Arthur. He had picked it up while they were traveling and kept it with him in hopes that soon, he would be able to give it to it’s proper owner. "Do you like it?"
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crocky Kirkland Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 am

"You better not go anywhere," Arthur snapped lightly, "or so help me...I'll..." Arthur trailed off, finding his threat was rather empty. He didn't know what he would do if Alfred went some where anytime soon. He really had no clue. Arthur sighed, however he felt the American shifting about beneath him. He quickly sat up the moment he knew what was wrong. "Sorry, Alfred..." Arthur apologized, his voice trailing off as he couldn't think of anything to say to the other. He didn't lie back down, out of fear that he might cause pain to Alfred, he clearly didn't deserve it, even if Arthur was mad at him.

He watched Alfred's face, before doing what he was told. His hand dug into Alfred's pockets with ease and fished around gently for something. His fingertips found what he was possibly looking for as Alfred was talking. The Englishman was half listening to him, half not, as he pulled what was in Alfred's pocket out. He blinked at it when he pulled it out, before picking it up and examining it. It was a simple gold band, nothing flashy about it or over the top. There was certainly nothing flashy about it's delivery, but Arthur didn't care. Yes, he did want the usual sort of ceremonies and celebrations, but that was something he never really could have. Yet his traditional styles didn't mean he wanted a flashy anything. Besides the ring had more value to Alfred that it did to anything else, and the seemed to speak louder than anything. A smile worked the way to Arthur's lips, and he slipped it on his finger, it fit him, slightly large, but Arthur was still thin from his lack of food. If he wasn't it would barely fit his finger. It wasn't as bright and shinny as a new one, but Arthur didn't care, he could clean it, and it had been traveling around with Alfred and his adventures, and who knew how long it have been sitting around waiting for another finger.

"It's lovely Alfred," Arthur smiled. "I'll have to find a chain for it, I have a feeling it won't fit when I'm not so thin." Arthur said, but that was just one of the reasons. People would wonder about his wife and where she possibly was, or just wonder why he was wearing such a thing. Besides a ring one a chain could mean a lot of things, and Arthur could think of something quickly than trying to remember his fake wife's name and location. The Englishman leaned froward, carefully supporting his wait on the bed as he leaned down and gave Alfred a quick kiss. "Thank you, love." He said when he pulled away. "I should probably get you one someday."
Crocky Kirkland
Crocky Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Jones Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:19 am

Alfred breathed a sigh of relief when Arthur’s weight moved off of him. As much as he would have liked to hold him a little longer, his throbbing wounds were a tad bit more pressing. “It’s okay,” He said with a smile, patting the space beside him on the opposite side of the couch. “I’d like it if you came and laid by me over here. I’ve missed waking up beside you Artie.” Wasn’t that the truth? It was strange how for years he had slept alone and yet, the moment Arthur came into his life, he found he could no longer stand the sight of an empty bed.

He watched nervously as Arthur pulled the ring out from his pocket. This had been the moment he been waiting anxiously, and simultaneously dreading the most. It was traditional to give a ring to the one you wanted to marry, but considering that Arthur was not a women, he might be offended by the offer. And to make matters worse, the ring had previously belonged to a women, which might make it seem as if he were casting him into the role of the wife. Thankfully, Arthur did not seem to latch onto any of these implications and instead smiled and slipped the ring onto his finger. Instantly relief flooded his system. “I’m glad. I wanted to get you something nicer but it was my mothers and she would have wanted me to give it to you.”

Alfred tilted his head up and accepted the short kiss, pouting when it ended far too soon for his liking. “You don’t have to get me one,” He said, shaking his head carefully. “I already promised myself to you, ring or not.” He smiled than and managed to grasp Arthur’s small hand with his own, pulling him lightly so he was closer. Although he remembered the events that had led up to this moment nearly perfectly, it was still incredible to see his face again after so long. How many mornings had he awoke and rolled over to find an empty bed or looked out onto the vast desert and expected to see him riding up, completely unharmed and ready to scold him for something? Alfred closed his eyes and leaned back, keeping a firm grip on Arthur’s hand. There was no need to worry anymore, he reminded himself silently. Arthur was there, Arthur wasn’t going to leave. And even more, Arthur still loved him.
Sheriff Jones
Sheriff Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum