Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Serve And Protect. [R18]

2 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

To Serve And Protect. [R18] - Page 3 Empty Re: To Serve And Protect. [R18]

Post by Detective Jones Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Once Arthur leaves Alfred goes to take a shower and get dressed. He already has a good idea of what to wear and once he is clean he slips into a pair of comfy jeans a white t-shirt and pulls on a sports jacket that he's had in his closet for years. One more look over in the mirror and he's good to go he figures, running a hand through his drying hair to make it look a bit messier.

Satisfied, he walks back through to his living area and picks up the form that Arthur left for him. He gives it a look like he has seen enough paperwork in his days and looks through a drawer for a pen to fill it out. The search for a pen takes longer then he would have thought and he groans as fifteen minutes later he is finally completing the sheet of paper and shoving it into his pocket, before heading out. His sneakers protesting their squeaks as he hits the tile floor on his way out of the building complex.

It doesn't occur to him until he's in the parking lot that last night he drove Arthur's car home and therefore his own car was still at the station. He groans again and goes to the bus stop, at this rate he's going to have Arthur waiting on him and he really doesn't want that.

He takes the bus to the college, watching cars go by as he sits near the window. He has to grin, it really does feel like he's back in school again. He gets off at his stop and break out into a run to the housing office, once he figures out where the building is anyways. Were campuses always this maze like?

It doesn't take long at the housing office for Alfred to say he needed to speak with someone about rooms, giving the excuse that he was a transfer student from another student looking to take up classes there. The lady running the office was lovely and understanding, She quickly pointed him to a free room that another student had recently vacated on campus an gave him two sets of keys and a card with the building and room number on it.

Alfred walked away from the housing building feeling accomplished. So far so good everything was going smoothly. He hoped Arthur was having the same luck. He makes his way to his final destination for the day, the dean's office. He get's to the secretary at the front and hands her the form. "Ah, I'm here to see the Dean. Mind letting me in?" He says, giving his best flashing smile.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Arthur sipped at the weak tea, wrinkling his nose in distaste. He kept an eye out for Alfred but found it quite hard to pick him out from the crowd of students. Alfred would fit in just fine here. Eventually he spotted an Alfred-sized blond enter the building, and relaxed a bit. 

That ridiculous cowlick was pretty hard to miss, even in a crowd like that. 

Arthur stirred idly at his overly-expensive tea and contemplated adding another dash of milk in order to make the colour a bit nicer. A shadow fell over him and then someone slid into the seat opposite him. 

"I haven't seen you here before," a cheery voice said, "new here?" 

Arthur looked up to see a pair of warm green eyes. He cleared his throat and glared. 

"This is the first time I've visited this cafe, yes."

"No, I meant..." the man chuckled. "Okay, okay. I'm Antonio, and my friend over there keeps looking over at you, so I decided to be a good friend and ask you for him."

"Ask me what?" Arthur asked, turning his head to survey the area and see when Alfred finished up in Scott's office. 

"If you'd have dinner with him some time."

He glanced around the room until his gaze fell on two other men, whose gazes were quite obvious. One of them was strangely pale, with almost white hair and the other had fine, aristocratic features with wavy, shoulder-length blond hair. The blond caught his gaze and smirked. 

There was no mistaking a smirk like that. For someone with that kind of smirk, 'have dinner with' was a code that meant 'spread your legs and let me fuck you senseless'. And though Arthur had done his fair share of sleeping around before that last disastrous case, he'd always been drunk before he'd said yes. 

Arthur felt sick, and found himself almost desperately wondering when Alfred would finish up in there. 

Last edited by Officer Kirkland on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spain's got green eyes, not brown! orz)
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Alfred comes out of the Dean's office not long after. The man was nice enough he thought, even might have been pretty fun to hang out with if it wasn't for the whole Dean thing anyways.

With his work accomplished he sets out looking for Arthur. He imagined the guy would be sitting my himself, looking glum about the weather or what not. However, he doesn't see any tables with only one occupant as he looks around the cafe that seemed to be the local place to look he had thought.

Alfred was about to turn and go look somewhere else when he spots the back of a sweater vest and instantly pegs it for his partner. No one else wore things like that anymore. Arthur is not alone though he sees. Surprisingly enough a brown haired man seems to be chatting it up with him. Alfred takes it as a bright side of things and wonders over, putting his hands on the back of Arthur's chair. "Hey, Artie, looks like your making friends already!" He chirps happily, giving the man at the table a friendly smile. "At this rate, you'll be more popular than me!" He chuckles and moves to sit in one of the empty chairs at the table.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 pm

"I'd rather not," he told Antonio, glaring at the blond who was now waggling his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Oh," the brunette said, looking crestfallen. "Are you taken, then?"

"In a way."

"Francis will be so very disappointed. But that's not a yes. Can't you make an exception just for him?"

"I told you, I'm not interested!" Arthur hissed, almost crumpling his paper cup in anger. "I--"

He felt someone standing right behind him before the familiar American voice spoke up. Arthur wanted to slap him. What had happened to 'don't act familiar until we have a chance to meet'?! God damn it all. He glared at his partner as the oblivious American sat down next to him. Could he not see Arthur wanting to explode in anger?

"You seem a bit reluctant," a silky voice sounded in his ear, "but I promise to show you a good time."

Great. The man hitting on him was French. Could the situation get any worse? He slapped the Frenchman's hands away and shouted, "I'm not bloody interested!"

Silence reigned in the cafe for a moment, with most of the patrons turning to survey the scene. Francis must have had some kind of reputation, because as soon as it became clear that he was involved, everyone turned back to their own business and the level of noise returned to normal.  

"Oh," Antonio said, turning to Alfred. "Who are you?"

Arthur felt his eye twitch. Was the Spaniard even more oblivious than Alfred? Was that even possible? He could feel the Frenchman's hands on him again, on his shoulders and gradually slipping down his front.  This wasn't what was supposed to happen. 

Thinking fast, Arthur jumped to his feet, pushing Francis away and pressing up against Alfred. God, please let this work. "This," he declared, placing a hand on Alfred's cheek, "is my boyfriend, so stop sexually harassing me!"
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:06 am

Alfred knew they weren't supposed to technically know each other yet but Arthur had looked so irritated at the time that he just had to step over and say something. Besides they could always pretend they had met up while getting their room or something. It would be perfectly fine, Alfred thought.

As he sat down though, Arthur seemed to be none too happy. Alfred frowned at that and chalked it up to the man that suddenly seemed to have his hands all over his partner.

"Look Arthur obviously doesn't want that kind of attention. Leave him alone." Alfred says trying to come to the rescue not paying attention to who else might have been looking at the scene they were making.

When the Spanish man turns to Alfred though he is more then happy to answer the question. "I'm Alfred!" He says giving him a smile before remembering that Arthur was getting felt up beside him and he was supposed to be helping.

He opened his mouth to say something else but he never got a chance to as Arthur was pressing himself against him quite suddenly, hand on his face. All Alfred could do for a moment was stare, looking back into Arthur's eyes before he noticed he was saying something and the words caught up with him.

"Boyfriend!...Arthur wha..?" Alfred snaps his own mouth shut for once, realizing this was an act to get the other's to leave him alone. Still Alfred couldn't help himself from going a bit red. It was embarrassment he told himself, and had nothing to do with the way his partner was flush up against him with his hands on him.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:02 pm

"Boyfriend?" Francis echoed, looking dubious. "Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure!" Arthur spluttered angrily. "I'm not loose enough to not know who I'm dating!"

Francis reached over and placed a hand beneath Alfred's chin, tilting his face up. "Quite a looker," he murmured. "Want to have some fun with me?"

"Hands off!" Arthur snarled, feeling strangely protective. He wasn't pretending to be angry -- he truly was. Somehow, the thought of Alfred being touched by other people sent him into a furious frenzy. "I am his and he is mine, so stay away from us!"

"He looks like a blushing virgin. I'm not sure that I believe you when you say that you're dating--"

Arthur sent his partner a desperate, pleading look. He knew what was coming. Fuck. 

"--So prove it."

Arthur grabbed Alfred's hands and placed them firmly on his arse. Then he wound his arm around the American's neck, whispering a pleading apology into Alfred's ear. 

"Fine," he declared, "we will."

He leaned forwards. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Alfred was trying to decided which expression his face should settle on. So far it had gone through, shock, embarrassment, confusion and now that the french student was opening inquiring to him, disgust.

"Ew, no way man." He says pulling away and instinctively clinging onto Arthur, the only one he trusted in this situation. Somehow, Arthur protecting him made him rather happy. It meant that he didn't totally hate him after last night.

The flush never totally left his face though he heard the rest of what Arthur had said. He guessed it was true, I mean they were work partners.

Alfred misses that look given to him and instead protests. "Hey, We shouldn't have to prove anything to you guys. What if we're uncomfortable...in public..."He trails off as his hands are moved. Well...Arthur had other ideas apparently.

He looks forward and all he can see is Arthur, and those lips move saying something that takes him a moment to realize is an apology. He wants to shift, move, get his hands off his co-workers ass because it should not be making his heart race like this.

All he can do though is meet Arthur in the middle and squeeze his eyes shut and try to think of something else.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Arthur let out a tiny gasp as a jolt of something ran up his spine the moment he felt their lips touch. Alfred's lips were chapped and a little rough, but they were warm and Arthur felt himself pressing against his partner a little more firmly. His hand wound up running through Alfred's hair as he felt what was most definitely the tiniest of squeezes on his arse. 

He manoeuvred himself between Francis and Alfred, straddling the latter's lap in an effort to keep the Frenchman from seeing anything. It meant that they could keep the kiss chaste with mouths closed, and the frog would be none the wiser. As soon as he was in place, he drew back slightly, just enough that the contact between them was broken but not enough to alert the other two to the fact that they were no longer kissing. 

"C'mon guys, it's not awesome to break up an obviously happy couple."

Arthur drew back fully then, but not before swiping his tongue across Alfred's lower lip. A single strand of saliva stretched and then broke between their lips, making it look as if they had been enthusiastically tonguing each other for the past thirty seconds or so. 

"As soon as they're unhappy though, they're fair game."

Arthur looked up with flushed cheeks, spotting the third member of the others' group standing there leering quite openly at Alfred. Now that he could see him close up, he noted that the man had strange red eyes. An albino, then?

"As if he'd ever be unhappy with me," he shot back, patting Alfred's cheek fondly. "Right, love?"

"They all say that," the albino said in a German accent, "until it all falls apart and they come to the awesome me for comfort sex."

"Should we invite them to the party, Gil?" Antonio piped up suddenly, as if he'd missed the past few minutes of tension. 

"Excellent idea!" Francis crowed. "There will be plenty of alcohol, so you should definitely come!"

"What party?" Arthur asked cautiously, not moving from his position on the American's lap. 

Gil winked. "It's invitation only, but we can get you in. You interested?"
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Alfred couldn't do anything but hold on as they kissed, face burning because despite how much he tried he couldn't get it out of his head that he was kissing Arthur.

When Arthur pulled back Alfred was little more then a deer in headlights, eyes lidded and breathing shallowly. He visibly shivers as that tongue run over his lips. It isn't until Arthur is patting his cheek that he comes back into focus, not having the proper view to see the albino looking him over.

"Hmm? Unhappy? Not at all..Your great." Alfred says once he finds his voice, giving it a bit of a growl at the end that could be flirty is it wasn't for the expression he was aiming at Arthur, that colored the statement sarcastic. Lucky he was facing away from the trio.

He is about to try and shuffle his way out from under Arthur and give the rest of them a piece of his mind when he hears the Spanish one mention a party. He gives Arthur I look, biting his lip unable to get rid of the feeling of the other's lips on his.

"I do like parties." Alfred says tilting his head back to look at the others with a curious expression.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Arthur almost winced at the look on his partner's face. Alfred obviously wasn't happy about what had just happened. Normally Arthur wouldn't have been one for public displays of affection, but he needed to make a solid point and hope that the frog took the hint. He wasn't interested in a one night stand, and neither was Alfred. Possibly under differing circumstances, Arthur would have considered the proposition but right now he was not drunk, nor did he have any spare time. The case was paramount. 

"So do I, love," he said, wrapping his arms around the American's neck in order to keep his balance as he twisted around to survey the trio. "Shall we go to this party then?"

"They're very exclusive," Francis explained, "It's very hard to be invited unless you know someone who is already a guest. And the guest lists aren't exactly advertised..."

"What's to stop people from telling their friends, then? I doesn't sound very exclusive to me." Alfred was very comfortable, Arthur decided. He shouldn't make a habit of touching so much though. Alfred would probably be angry once they managed to get away the trio. 

"Oh, but it is," Gil explained. "I mean, the guy who hosts these things? He likes to touch. And he loves small, cute ones, which in this case would be you," he pointed at Arthur, "but you," he switched to Alfred, "would probably not be too bad either. So dress skanky, and you'll both fit right in."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Alfred swallowed up any further reactions to what had occurred as he saw an opening to use in their case. He focused in on that instead.

"I wanna go." Alfred says giving the three his best pout, even though he hates to have to use it for an occasion like this. He was determined to solve the case though, like a good officer.

"I'm guessing you three are guests though, as you've made it seem so anyways." He says taking note in his head. "Surely you could do us a favor? I mean you guys seemed pretty cool I thought." Alfred thought a few compliments couldn't hurt if it would get them on their good side anyways.

Alfred got more nervous though as the conversation went on. Touching? He didn't like the sound of that. Skanky? He didn't even know if he could pull off that look and cringed at the thought. He looks back to Arthur, swallowing his pride to say. "What do you think, babe? Wanna dress dirty and go have some fun?" Oh god, he did not just say that, did he? He wanted to smack himself and had to remind himself that he was doing this for his work.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Arthur flushed at Alfred's words. Who knew that the American could pull off such a dirty way of speaking? He forced back the strange feelings bubbling up in his stomach and shot Alfred a sultry smirk. "Oh, yes," he said, making it come out almost as a moan. "I want to have some fun, love."

He chanced a glance at the trio and saw with great satisfaction Francis swallowing heavily at the sight of them. "So," he purred, tilting his head back a bit and exposing the paleness of his throat, "where's this party, lads?"

"It's in dorm block fifteen, room twenty-three," Gil said, voice strangely hoarse. "We can meet you outside at six-thirty if you wanna come."

"Hmm." Arthur stretched languidly, keeping his arms firmly around Alfred's neck and arching his back lightly. "Block fifteen, room twenty-three at six-thirty. We'll be there, won't we, love? But surely it'll be enough if only I dress sexy? I don't want to share what's mine."

He knew that Alfred was uncomfortable in this situation; the stiffness of the body beneath him gave it away. That was fine. Arthur could handle touching if it helped getting to the bottom of the case. He leaned in towards Alfred's face again. 

"And if you're disappointed about that, you can dress me," he whispered flirtatiously. Arthur smirked triumphantly as the bulge in Francis' trousers became painfully prominent and he excused himself, his two friends following closely. 

Arthur laughed then. "Well, it looks like this will be easier than I thought," he said, climbing off of Alfred's lap. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Alfred wasn't sure if he regretted opening his mouth before or not. He hadn't know Arthur would be so good at rising to the challenge and talking back to him like that.

He practically sighed with relief when they got the location of the party, little did he expect though the rest of the conversation. He brings his hands up to Arthur's back, just to get them off his ass finally.

"but I have to share? No fair~" Alfred whines softly, hands gripping just a little tighter on his partner. He didn't want Arthur to have to do all the..eh dirty work by himself. Even if Alfred was a bit shy when it came to things like that, he was sure he could knock anyone out who tried to mess with him if it came to it.

His face turned cherry red again at the mention of dressing each other and it was only when the trio has left and Arthur got off of him that he let out a breath he realized he hadn't been holding. His body, slipping down into his chair as tension leaving left him near spineless.

"Easy? Easy for who? I had no idea this was going to require something like this." Alfred says, head falling forward to hide his face in his chest. That displeasure from earlier settling back into his voice. He moves his hands finally to brush at his clothes before shoving them into the pockets of his jacket and standing. He knees a bit weak but he did his best to avoid showing it.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Arthur paled as he heard the anger in Alfred's voice. He'd completely forgotten that he wasn't partnered with someone who was familiar with this kind of situation. He'd forgotten that this was Alfred's first big case. Oh God, Alfred probably thought that he was some kind of slag now, a slut, a whore, taking pleasure in seducing and sleeping with anyone. He bit his lip, trying to keep his feelings from showing on his face. 

Alfred was completely closed off to him now, and Arthur suddenly felt very alone. He wasn't used to this. Never before had he been forced to answer to a partner about his actions, as long as he got the job done. Never before had it hurt to know that someone was shutting him out. He'd never had anyone to shut him out. 

He couldn't afford to get any closer. 

"I just meant..." he trailed off awkwardly. He stared at Alfred's back, feeling very small compared to those broad shoulders despite his famous case record. "Please, Alfred, let's go to the dorm room. I'll explain everything there."

Please don't hate me, he wanted to add, but he just bit his lip harder and remained silent, following his partner. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:19 am

I truth, Alfred had turned away just as much because he was upset as he was angry. He had never been the kind of guy to seek out people like that ones they had just conversed with. He was a stranger to the idea of casual open relations. What little college he had himself had been keeping to his studies. He had wanted to become an officer to badly that he had shut out the wild side of college living.

He didn't like having it in front of him now any better. He had imagined their undercover life to be a bit slower, make friends, gain peoples trust, not make out in front of someone to prove anything. Then again, maybe he was kidding himself. They were here to solve a case, not relive college years. He was probably being stupid again.

"Alright, let's go." He says turning back around forcing a smile to his face again. "We're in block five, room thirty." He tosses Arthur his copy of the keys and starts off in the direction of the building.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:19 am

Seeing the forced smile on Alfred's face didn't make things any better. Arthur caught the keys and followed Alfred to their dorm room quietly, trailing behind him a few steps the whole way. He couldn't think of a way to deal with this. He didn't have any experience dealing with upset partners. 

See, this was why one night stands were so much easier. Casual sex involved no trust; there were no meaningful emotions involved and thus no way to get hurt. Not that Alfred and he were in a sexual relationship, but the concepts were roughly the same. 

By the time they were safely behind the door of room thirty in block five, Arthur had summoned a thick wall of defensiveness to mask over his hurt and insecurity at Alfred's reaction. "I'll go by myself then," he announced, not meeting Alfred's gaze. "I'm obviously not as pure and innocent as you are, so it shan't be a problem. Don't wait up for me."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am

The whole way to their room Alfred wanted to look back and see what Arthur was doing, the expression on his face. He didn't though because he was afraid of what he would see there. What he might look like as well.

Once they were in their room Alfred went to dumping the bag he had brought with him, needless to say he hadn't brought any 'sexy' clothes with him. Just basic things for a few days.

He had been just turning to ask Arthur what he should do when the other's declaration stopped him. Alfred paused before holding up a hand. "Oh nonono! Your not going by yourself. You saw what happened to that guy we found. If these really are the people we're looking for it could be dangerous!" He says. Despite everything he was still concerned for his partner.

Alfred looks displeased still, although his expression is a bit softer now. He grits his teeth together in an attempt to finds the right words next. He must have failed because he changes his mind and continues with what he was saying before. "Neither of us do this alone okay." He makes a face at the words. "Innocent people is who we're supposed to be protecting. So don't lump me in with whatever image of that you've got in your mind. I can be just as good of an officer as you."

Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 am

"Oh?" Arthur spat, failing to keep his hurt and self-loathing out of his voice. "You're not innocent? What if this case required you to bloody sleep with someone in order to gain information? Would you be able to do that? Because I wouldn't even have to think twice about it!"

He whirled around, cradling his arms against his chest, nails digging into the skin near his elbows. "This isn't a matter of being a good officer or not. But the fact remains that I have nothing to save myself for, so I may as well use what I have to help this case along. You, on the other hand, will eventually settle down with some nice girl and you don't need this on your conscience. It's not a problem for me, but I can't make you do this if you're uncomfortable with it. And you obviously are. So I'll do it myself."

Arthur stalked back over towards the door, intent on leaving. "Of course it's dangerous," he said. "But it's not like you didn't know that when you agreed to keep going with this! I will do anything that I need to to get to the bottom of this case, and if you have a problem with that you can head right back to the station, right now!"

He pulled the door open with more force than necessary, making it bounce off the wall beside him. His feelings were probably showing plainly on his face by then, so he strode out without turning around, leaving the door to slam shut behind him. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:00 am

As Arthur's defenses fell so did Alfred's. The boy looked like he wanted to cry but for all his pride left he didn't. "There are other ways! I'm sure there are!" He protests.

He takes a step after Arthur, hand reaching out almost to grab his shoulder and turn him around but it falls just short. "Don't say things like that! You have just as good of a chance as anyone on finding someone. If this is what it's about, stop right now. It doesn't matter what anyone says, if you act like that your just letting the bad guys win!"

Alfred takes a deep breath to calm himself down. "Being uncomfortable is part of this job. I get it. That doesn't mean I can't do anything!"

Then Arthur is making for the door and Alfred knows he has to go after him. "Stop for a minute and get it through your head! We are a team! We need to work together!"

He winces as the door hits the wall, as it closes back there are several sounds from the room of things being thrown about and desks being kicked out of frustration and Alfred is sure he's going to have to pay the school for the damage but he'll fix that later.

After a moment of venting the door bursts open again and Alfred is running after Arthur down the walk way, shouting for him to stop. He doesn't care if the whole building hears.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:41 am

Arthur hated that Alfred's opinion had become important to him after just one day. He'd wanted to impress him, to keep his respect. God, he'd even wanted to become friends with him. Arthur thrust that thought away now. It wasn't going to happen.  Alfred had already lost all respect for him, and the only thing that Arthur could do was get this case over and done with as soon as possible. 

He kept up his fast stride even after hearing Alfred call for him. He didn't want to talk about it. If he was able to get good information tonight, even winding up in that frog's bed would be worth it. Arthur made his way straight out to his car and opened the boot before whirling around and glaring at the taller blond. 

"What do you want, Jones?" he hissed, reverting back to his partner's surname in his emotional distress. "I am going to do this. University lads think with their cocks and not with their heads, and I'd be stupid to not make use of that fact." He recalled Alfred's earlier words and almost snorted. He had an equal chance of finding someone? Not bloody likely. He'd already given himself up too many times; no one wanted a used toy. 

But still, Alfred's fervent proclamation echoed in his head and he shook it desperately. He needed to focus on the case. Everything was second to that.  

A team,  huh?
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Alfred was jogging after him, and easily caught up with his longer legs pushing him forwards. When he get's to Arthur's car he puts his hand on the door, making sure the other can't just hop off and drive away. He would be in trouble then, cause he didn't think a bus could catch up with an angry brit behind the wheel.

He looks hurt as Arthur snaps at him but doesn't let go. "I want you to stop for a moment and use your own brain." He says, damn near pleading with the other now. "If...if you insist on doing that then please, let me come with you so that if anything goes wrong I can..." He stops himself. He was going to say rescue him but he figured Arthur wouldn't like that. "I can..help."

If Arthur was going to be serious about this then the least Alfred could do was support him, look out for him.

When had he started to worry about him like this? Sure he had worried when Arthur got hurt yesterday but this was different. He was honestly concerned and suddenly Alfred knew he wanted to be more then team mates with Arthur. What was the next step though..friends?
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:11 pm

"I am using my brain!" Arthur snapped, reaching into the boot and pulling out two bags. "It's not like I haven't done this before! I'm not like you, I'm already used! Another one won't do much to me!"

As Alfred's pleading tone finally filtered through his anger and defensiveness, Arthur dropped his gaze to the ground and sighed, shoulders slumping wearily. "I have to do this," he said then in a small voice. "It's all I can do."

He slung both bags over his shoulders and shut the boot, locking the car. He was already mentally searching through the clothes in the bags, trying to come up with an outfit that would be considered 'skanky'. "If you insist on coming," he sighed, "then promise me that as soon as you feel uncomfortable, you'll stop whatever you're doing and leave, or at least tell me. I don't want them touching you."

Arthur clapped a hand over his mouth at that last sentence. When had he gotten so possessive all of a sudden? Alfred didn't belong to him. They were simply colleagues. But another part of Arthur argued fiercely that if he saw anyone going to far with Alfred, Arthur would rip them to shreds. 

"And... I'm sorry about earlier," he offered tentatively. "With the kissing. I didn't mean to upset you."
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Alfred made a face, he obviously didn't like all of what he was hearing. "Do you want to do it though?" Alfred asked watching Arthur's face for a reply.

Alfred shakes his head, not believing it. "That's not true. How have you solved your other cases afer all? Use your skills! Deduce things!" Alfred encourages him.

"I promise that I won't let anyone make me do something I don't want to. Same goes for you!" Is Alfred's reply. It wasn't exactly what Arthur had said but it was as close it as Alfred was going to get to complying.

With a sigh, he seemed more relaxed now. It wasn't friends but at least they weren't clawing at each other verbally anymore. He appreciated the posessiveness somehow and didn't say anything to it.

"It's ok.." Alfred says carefully. He wasn't one to hold a grudge over silly things that weren't meant to hurt anyone. "It was just...you kind of toke my first kiss." He says, that shyness creeping back into his voice. "B-but it's ok. I mean it totally didn't count! Um sorta..yeah..I'll stop talking now."
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer Kirkland Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Oh wonderful. He'd managed to dirty the lad. Arthur's own first kiss... Well, he couldn't remember it now so it mustn't have been important anyway. But he knew that it was important to some people. They wanted their first kiss to be special. And Arthur had stolen it from Alfred for a selfish desire to be left alone by those men. 

"It's not a matter of wanting to or not," he said, voice soft. "If I have to, then I'll do it." He didn't want to hear about his previous cases. Of course he was proud of them, but... "Didn't you hear about that last disaster that I was involved in? I was too proud to take the easy route. I refused to sleep with him and established myself as a business partner instead. But you know what? He trusted his whores more, and I blew the case." Arthur took a deep breath. "So I'll do whatever it takes this time. Any 'skills' are useless when the boss wants a fuck."

Arthur led them back to their dorm room, not wanting to discuss his failings any longer. It was something he thought about every time his scar twinged, every time someone commented on his 'outstanding reputation'. When they reached the room, he immediately began digging through his bags for something to wear. The clock read five o'clock - they had an hour to get ready, and then they had to start finding the party room. 
Officer Kirkland
Officer Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Detective Jones Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:08 pm

"But you don't have to." Alfred says once more quietly. Of course he had heard about Arthur's last case, who hadn't. He hadn't thought anything about him messing up though, he had been truthfully shocked to hear someone had gotten hurt.

"That wasn't your fault, it could of happened either way." Alfred saying trying to comfort the other. "Things don't work out all the time, you have to look at the positive side." He urges. Alfred desperately wanted to do something, anything to convince him otherwise. All the self-depreciation just made him want to give the man a hug.

Alfred followed him back to their room with a silent frown on his face. When he opened the door he looked around sheepishly. He hadn't made as big of a mess as he thought but there was definitely some scuffs marks where he had kicked the wall, and his bag had been thrown, spilling the contents.

He went about picking up his clothes and things, looking through them for something to wear. Eventually he wonders into the bathroom to change and comes out wearing a pair of tight jeans and a simple white, short sleeved shirt. He looks over at England and rubs the back of his neck trying not to flush. "Hey, does this look ok? I'm not sure what to wear really." He asks.

Then as if a light goes off in his head he suddenly adds. "Oh! What are we going to do about..you know. Telling them that we're...together. Are we still going with that?" He asks trying not to sound hopeful as it will give him an excuse to pull Arthur off anyone he tries to get too involved with.
Detective Jones
Detective Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum