Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

2 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Page 23 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:23 am

“You said that you wouldn’t, Alfred,” Arthur snapped. “For Christ’s sake, I gave you my permission. I bloody… I,” he trusted him, completely but it wasn’t helping his argument. “I trust you not to hurt me, Alfred. So when I say that I want it, I want it. I’ve told you that already and I’m tired of waiting for you to put aside your damn morals and just get on with it. You’re used to women, I understand that, but that doesn’t mean that you have to treat me as if I’m some sort of delicate china doll!” that particular strain had been building up for quite some time. He’d been getting gradually more and more irritated with Alfred coddling him.

He was getting gradually louder but he didn’t seem to care.

“I’m a bloke, I like to go out and drink and pull out my own fucking chairs! I don’t need you to moderate my lifestyle to take care of me and make sure that I don’t injure myself. I’m not a baby!”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18] - Page 23 Empty Re: Same Job, Different Time and Place [R-18]

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 am

Alfred was starting to get extremely defensive now. "I said I wouldn't that night because I didn't want to take advantage of you! I didn't want you to wake up the next morning in pain because I didn't know if something hurt since you're too drunk to say it! You told me you wanted me to fuck you into the bed but I want my first time in you to be special! I didn't want it to be a whim and then you forget about it the next morning!" He was getting a bit louder as well but he soon quieted down, feeling his breath stop at the mention of coddling him.

So...was he really tired of it? He thought it was romantic but apparently the other didn't think so. He just closed his eyes and pointed at the door.

"Then walk yourself out of the door and grab your own taxi to go back home! I don't want to see you for the rest of the day! I'm so sorry I fucking offended you by trying to make things special for once!" His voice was cracking at this point and his heart was hurting. He felt like he couldn't breathe and he knew that if he was any weaker than he was, he would have been crying at this point.

"Sorry I'm such a failure as a boyfriend to you! Now get out like you were doing before!"
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

http://sugarelixir.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:38 am

Arthur felt a little guilty when Alfred said what he did, despite the way that he chose to phrase it which made him cringe: ‘my first time in you’. He opened his mouth to say something but Alfred started up again. Arthur balled his fists.

“Stop feeling sorry for yourself, Alfred. It’s utterly pathetic. Grow some balls, for God’s sake,” he hissed before turning on his heel and stormed off. “You’re such a cry-baby!” And with that, Arthur slammed the door shut and was gone.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 am

Alfred flinched at that and he just quietly watched Arthur as he stormed off and slammed the door shut. Fuck...he probably just ruined their whole relationship right there. Everything. He probably ruined his job, his relationship, his current happiness. Everything. Just because of some damned misunderstanding and because he finally had gotten fed up.

Though despite this, he simply furrowed his eyebrows and went to the door, locking it behind him before heading towards the bed. Arthur wouldn't care about him and going back home. He couldn't help but wonder if Arthur really ever did feel anything for him other than lust. He was just so...fucking...unfeeling during their argument.

Arthur wouldn't care even though he did. Their relationship was never that serious in the first place. He wouldn't be surprised if Arthur would easily break it off. If this wasn't an indicator of it, then he was certain a text or an awkward meetup at the work place would be a sure indicator.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 am

Arthur was so angry; completely furious. He decided that walking was the best option to try to calm himself down. He couldn’t believe that Alfred would be so pig-ignorant and how he could make him feel so worthless. Not only that, but it made Arthur feel cheap, as though he was some slut that had begged to be screwed mercilessly. The worst thing was, was that it was completely true. He had pleaded for Alfred to do it but he’d still been turned down.

Alfred’s words were… impossibly sweet. How dare he be so bloody sweet in the middle of an argument. A part of Arthur wanted to go back and kiss him and tell him that he was sorry. He would wait for Alfred, he could wait for Alfred. He wasn’t sex-obsessed and Alfred was something completely new, a sunshine that he’d never been able to enjoy before. He was beautiful, a true Adonis and a typical all-American man.

He’d just ended the best relationship he’d ever had, despite how fleeting it was. He’d have to transfer Alfred to another office – there was no way that he could face him again. Or perhaps Arthur should look for a new job? He had a contract with Chouchoute. He couldn’t just walk away.

“Bollocks,” he cursed raising his hands to cover his face as not only was he overwhelmed by a new wave of nausea, but he also wanted to cry again. His entire body was stiff but numb at the same time. He didn’t want to exist anymore, let alone have to go back to being alone in New York again. Totally alone in a foreign country. No friends (no, Gilbert did not count as a friend because he’d made Arthur buy all of the drinks the previous night), no family and no lover. He had nothing. It was an incredibly sad moment for Arthur.

He eventually ended up at his apartment, laden with alcohol, cigarettes and Mexican food to heat up. Once the food was in the oven, he was able to sit in the lounge and smoke – a habit he had previously given up; he had a bottle of rum to drink beside him. He was just staring into space, replaying the scene over and over in his head and regretting more and more what he had said.

He couldn’t believe that he’d been such a dick to a man that he might have one day, potentially, loved.

Suddenly, the smoke alarm went off in the kitchen. He leapt out of his seat, quick to stub out the cigarette on the arm of the chair he had been sat in before dropping it carelessly to the ground. He didn’t care about the furniture anymore. When he ran into the kitchen, head swimming from the copious amounts of alcohol he’d been drinking. The kitchen was filled with black smoke which made him choke and blind to what was around him. He heard a smash in the other room which was presumably his rum which had been balanced precariously on the coffee table. It must have fallen on the ground.

He searched through the smoke until he found the cooker which he switched off but before he could do anymore, he heard the horrible, loud sound of something igniting in the other room.

Arthur stumbled back to the lounge and found that the cigarette he’d dropped had not been entirely put out. The ash from the cigarette must have ignited the carpet, which set alight the rum and then the furniture in the room, the curtains, the bookshelves, his books.

He was submerged in thick, dark smog which filled his lungs and his head, making him cough helplessly. He staggered to one side, against the wall. He couldn’t see. His eyes were burning from the darkness. He didn’t dare move in case he walked straight into the fire. He lost all sense of direction. There wasn’t a way out. There was no way for him to leave. He was trapped. There was no escape.

Alfred, I’m so sorry.

Arthur collapsed, unconscious.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 am

In the beginning, Alfred was completely furious and he had spent most of the day eating furiously in hopes to comfort his food and play games all day. Yet soon enough he got frustrated enough with the games, which ended up with him throwing one of his poor wireless controllers against the wall that it was most definitely broken by the impact. He just covered his face with his sweater and nearly cried for the rest of the night. Everything about him, all of his previous attempts...it seemed to reflect on him as an failure.

Yet Arthur's words hurt so much. He knew it shouldn't but he was actually trying in this relationship. He did absolutely everything possible to make Arthur happy and he thought he was being sweet and loving and he never wanted him to feel cheap. He didn't want him to feel as if he was some kind of slut. He had tried his best though it didn't seem as if Arthur wanted him back.

Their relationship was over with and it was so short...it was almost disappointing. He would have to go into another office or lose his job. One of the two...he had no idea.

For most of the night, Alfred spent his time just wondering where he went wrong with the whole relationship. Yet he couldn't just tell anyone about his problems. That would get the both of them in more trouble than they already were in. He didn't want things to get worse for either one of them and despite everything, he still cared. He probably wouldn't be able to face Arthur but he still cared.

Alfred soon heard his mobile ring and his eyes lit up a bit, hoping that Arthur would probably take him back. He was hoping for too much but he could hope. Yet when he saw that the number was from an unknown number, he could feel that disappointment swell up deep inside him once more. With a soft sigh, he flipped the phone open and brought it up to his ear.

It took about half an hour for him to get to the hospital, the very hospital that Arthur was in. The hospital had called him, seeing him on his speed dial and so despite everything...despite everything that happened between them and just the sheer fright, he wanted to see if Arthur was alright. If...he was alright at the very least. He would leave right afterwards but he had to make certain because in the end, he still cared.

He quietly stepped into the room, flinching a bit at the sight of Arthur hospitalised... He heard it was a fire in Arthur's flat but why was there a fire? Yet with the sight of his boy--...boss in the bed, looking so utterly miserable, Alfred really couldn't help himself but to just pull a chair up and put it right next to the bed. He took a seat and silently watched him though the exhaustion from the day's events tugged at his eyes.

Alfred was certain he would be kicked out when Arthur woke up but...for now...

For now, he could pretend that he was the good 'boyfriend' that Arthur wanted.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 am

Arthur had been cleaned up since he’d been rescued but he still looked pretty awful. He was extremely pale, as if the life had been sucked out of him. He was completely motionless.

A nurse hovered in the doorway, watching Alfred with Arthur. She couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for Arthur’s visitor. She also doubted that anyone had bothered to explain to Alfred what had happened.

“You’re Mr. Kirkland’s partner, aren’t you?” she asked, her voice soft. She gave a small smile, not waiting for the answer before she continued. “Would you like me to talk you through what happened? I’m sure that you’d rather put your mind to rest…?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:41 am

Alfred couldn't help but stare at Arthur sadly, seeing just how motionless and pale he was. It hurt him to see, no matter how much the other hurt him with his words. But now...he looked almost dead. He knew he wasn't but still.

Instead he sat there though he never turned his gaze towards the nurse. He flinched at the mention of being Arthur's partner but thankfully enough, he didn't have to reply to that. No, now he was as good as a stranger. A hated stranger at least. Arthur has expressed his desire of not wanting to be together with him and he would understand that...so no matter how much he wanted to convince himself that he came to the hospital as Arthur's partner, he knew that he could never be his again.

"Yes please, miss." He whispered, voice weak still from the crying a while before. He had barely talked all day after screaming at Arthur and the videogames.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 am

The nurse nodded before beginning to explain.

“We were lucky to get to Mr. Kirkland in time, before the fire got to him. There are two possible causes for the fire as far as I’m aware but the fire department haven’t confirmed anything yet. However, we did find high levels of alcohol in his blood and nicotine in his system.” She wouldn’t say to him what she thought Arthur had done. She could tell the poor man that she thought that it had all been deliberate.

“He sustained a head injury when he fell unconscious and lost some blood but he’s stable now. We’re just… waiting to see when he wakes up. If he doesn’t wake up by tomorrow afternoon, I’m afraid that it’s likely that he’ll slip into a coma. In which case, there’s no estimate as to how long he could be in hospital for.”

She pursed her lips.

“But we’re hopeful. He’s recovering well.” She paused and fidgeted anxiously for a few moments. “Mr. Kirkland’s parents have been informed and are on a plane as we speak. Feel free to stay here until they arrive. There’s plenty of coffee machines and cafeterias in the hospital. I’ll make sure that you don’t get asked to leave, okay? My name is Nurse Tilley, in case you need to find me.”

And with another polite smile, she was gone.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 am

Alfred nodded and though it seemed as if Arthur was alright at the moment, he knew that it was completely possible that he would have slipped into coma. Though at the mention of high levels of blood and nicotine in his system, he could only come to one conclusion. It was his fault. It was his fault that Arthur drank so much and smoked so much and it was his fault that Arthur was here in the first place.

Some kind of man he was. He had claimed that he cared for him but this was all his doing. He was so damned stupid! Yet he knew that the other couldn't hear his regrets now. He could only hope that Arthur would wake back up by tomorrow afternoon and despite everything, he didn't want him to go in a coma. He still...cared too much for him.

"Thank you, Nurse Tilley." He whispered softly and waited until she was gone. Seeing her gone, Alfred soon lightly grabbed Arthur's hand and laced their fingers together. With a soft sigh and a close of his eyes, he cradled the hand against his face and he held it close and tightly. It would most definitely be the last time that he would be able to hold his hand.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Arthur remained still, oblivious to the situation. All that he knew was that he was submerged in a dark place, locked in. The door he had found was tightly shut and he couldn’t open it no matter how hard he pushed or kicked it. He could hear the murmurings of life when he pressed his ear to the wood of the door. He could hear the voices of doctors and nurses, the sound of cars, the sounds of nature and another voice that sounded familiar. It almost sounded like Alfred. He wanted it to be Alfred on the other side of the door, he wanted for it to be him so badly. He couldn’t open that door.

And so Arthur wandered through the mysterious realm, continuing his search for the open door to take him back to reality or to the beyond.

Hours passed and nothing changed. Arthur was still limp and unmoving but at least he was breathing. His heart rate was steady on the monitor and his blood pressure was normal. He was quite alive but he looked as though he was sleeping. Had Arthur had known the pain that he was putting Alfred through, he would have never forgiven himself.

Finally, at some ridiculous time in the morning, Arthur’s parents arrived.

Darcia Kirkland, Arthur’s mother, was the one that led the way. She was impeccably dressed despite the early hour, her make-up looked fresh and as though it had only just been applied. She was slim and tall and had deep, red hair – proof of her Celtic roots (if her first name wasn’t enough proof of her heritage) – that she seemed to be unable to tame completely, a lot like Arthur. She was accompanied by her husband, William Angus Lloyd Kirkland who had a posh name to counterpart his appearance. He looked extraordinarily unhappy to be there. He had greying hair and thick eyebrows to match. He was in a suit and looked as though all he ever wore were suits. He was a fair few years older than his wife. He was also incredibly stiff in his movements and seemed to have a permanent scowl on his face – much like Arthur.

“Where is the impertinent little sod? I have to be back in London by five o’clock,” William grumbled only to be cooed at.

“I know, darling. Don’t worry, we’ll pop in and be back on the plane within a few hours. Okay, pumpkin?” her voice was shrill and was painfully English.

When they found the room at last, they were less than thrilled to see Alfred there.

“What the devil are you doing here? This is a private room,” William barked at the American.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Alfred had ended up falling asleep after a few hours though his hand was still grasping Arthur's own. He didn't care if he got kicked out if Arthur woke up...he just wanted to be there with him for right now. Just to at least see his eyes open again. He sighed softly, nuzzling against the hand slightly as he lightly pressed his lips against the top of the hand.

Yet the moment that he heard voices coming towards Arthur's room, he quickly jolted awake and pulled his hand away. He didn't want to be seen holding Arthur's hand...not when they weren't even together anymore. No matter how much he just wanted to hold it at the moment.

He soon stood up and admittedly, he wasn't as nicely dressed as them. He wasn't in his normal business suit and so he must have looked just a bit sloppy in comparison to the two impeccably dressed parents. They were no doubt Arthur's parents due to their presence here and also those eyebrows. It was obvious. The accents were dead giveaways as well. He swallowed and stood up, giving them a bit of room to see Arthur.

"Ah, sorry. The nurse requested if I...could stay with Arthur for the night, Mr. and Mrs. Kirkland." He hesitated, swallowing. "I'm his friend." He couldn't even say that they were necessarily friends anymore. Not when things turned out so badly between them in the morning. Yet despite claiming that he was his friend, his face betrayed his actual emotions. His eyes showed much more concern and caring than that of a friend and the way he would glance at Arthur in such a heartbroken way could tell more than he intended to.

Though he definitely didn't intend on leaving the hospital.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:29 am

William turned his nose up at the idea whilst his wife scrutinised Alfred’s attire. Despite still being cautious about the American, manners got the best of the man as he held out his hand to shake with Alfred.

“My name is William Kirkland and this is my wife Darcia,” but she was already walking around to the other side of Arthur’s bed, inspecting the equipment as if she knew what she was looking at (which she really didn’t). “However, Mr and Mrs Kirkland are perfectly acceptable, Mr…?” he trailed off, waiting for Alfred to introduce himself.

He soon turned away from Alfred and his gaze settled upon Arthur; his expression softened somewhat, but barely at all.

“What have the doctors said?” he asked Alfred.

“He looks alright, darling,” Darcia spoke up, having finally decided to join the conversation – or at least she’d chosen to start a conversation. With her husband. She was ignoring Alfred for the time being.

“He might look all bloody right but that doesn’t mean that he’s well,” he sighed.

“How long have you been here for?” Darcia directed her question at Alfred. “We got on the first plane that we could but it was rather early in Britain when we got the phone call, you know. We would have been here sooner so that you would not have to… waste your time,” she furrowed her brow, as though there was a bad taste in her mouth.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:50 am

Alfred soon reached out to shake William's hand firmly and he soon reached out for Darcia's own though he saw that she was already going around on the other side of the bed. "Oh, sorry! Mr. Jones, Mr. Kirkland." He quickly said as he pulled his hand away and soon gazed back at Arthur once more.

Arthur's mother actually intimidated him a bit more than his father though they both seemed highly disapproving of his presence even being there but he would stay for as long as he could. He wouldn't tell them about the high levels of alcohol or nicotine in the system because he wasn't certain if he wanted to cast Arthur in such a bad light from the get go.

"The doctors told me that he has an head injury and lost a bit of blood though he's stable. Though if he doesn't wake up by tomorrow afternoon, then it's likely that he will slip into a coma." He spoke up, biting his lips a bit as he shifted around and watched Arthur's unconscious form. It hurt him so much to see him and he didn't know what to do, especially when he was pretty much alone in Arthur's parents presence.

"I've been here for a few hours." He hesitated at the mention of 'wasting' his time'. "And Mrs. Kirkland, it wasn't a waste of time for me."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:02 am

“Mr Jones,” the older man confirmed with a nod and listened carefully to Alfred for information about his son. “I see…” He seemed to be more concerned about Arthur’s well-being than Darcia who was frowning at Alfred. William took the chair beside him and watched him quietly. He hadn’t seen Arthur for some time; he’d aged since he’d last seen him.

Darcia rolled her eyes at Alfred.

“You aren’t another one of those ‘boyfriends’ of his, are you?” she sighed dramatically, having instantly picked up on him having ‘not wasted his time’. “Good grief, I thought that we’d talked him out of it, William.” She was now focused on her son.

“Now isn’t the time, love,” he sounded weary, as though he was unable to be bothered to fight back.

“Well, are you his boyfriend? Or his partner or whatever you wish to call it?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 am

Alfred hesitated at that and couldn't help but flinch a bit at the sudden accusation. He would have said yes if it wasn't for the fact that they pretty much had broken up just that morning. Instead he shook his head.

"No, Mrs Kirkland. I'm not his partner but I don't think that matters right now, if I must say so respectfully." He didn't want to start arguing about whether he was Arthur's partner or not. Arthur made it clear he wasn't interested anymore and despite everything, he still wanted to hold him close. He had never felt this conflicted in his life before.

He probably wouldn't even be his assistant after he woke up, if he did. There was no use saying that either or even as a friend. He was trying to keep on good terms with the parents but it didn't seem to be working all that well.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:25 am

“Oh, he’ll be fine. It’s not as if it’s the first time he’s been in hospital. Now, boy,” her speech pattern was somewhat familiar to Arthur’s, “you expect me to believe that you’d sit in here all night with someone that you’ve known for barely three months?”

“Darcia, for goodness sake, just sit down!” William commanded, finally losing his temper with her.

“Why should I sit down when my son is lying in a hospital bed and some stranger is claiming to be his only friend?!”

Arthur could see a light.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:34 am

Alfred finally glanced away from Arthur, trying to keep his composure though being yelled at wasn't really helping the case. First it was Arthur and now it was his mother? How much more did he go through?

"Mrs Kirkland...! I did not claim to be his only friend!" He said, his throat feeling thick now though he wouldn't be surprised if he actually was (though could he even be considered as a friend now?). He could already feel his anger flaring up though he was tired and he just wanted to sleep some more. He didn't want to deal with her, not like this.

"And yes, I would sit in here all night for Arthur. I was starting to do that before you both came. I'm not a stranger, Mrs Kirkland. Arthur has made a life for himself here in New York." He wasn't in the mood to argue.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:44 am

“Well, I have no idea what you New Yorkers get up to over here but my son hasn’t spoken to me for two years! I have the right to be concerned about who he is friends with and who – ”

“Oh fuck off…” came a mumble from the hospital bed which startled Mrs Kirkland into silence. William’s face lit up a little as Arthur let out a low grown, shifting; he was going to be okay.

“Arthur? Darling, mummy’s here,” she cooed (although it didn’t sound at all authentic or natural), forgetting about Alfred almost instantly.

“God…” Arthur cringed away from her voice, his eyes still closed.

“We’re both here,” William said softly, correcting his wife with a quick glare at her.

“I could hear that,” the younger man’s eyes fluttered open and he blinked blearily at the artificial light in the room. His entire body felt awful, he was in a lot of pain. He tried to move his head but it hurt to move anything at all so with a wince, he returned to lying still. “I heard… Alfred, I heard Alfred. Where is he? I have to…” Arthur was clearly still woozy.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 am

Alfred almost felt as if his heart stopped when he heard Arthur's voice and he soon turned around to look at him. At first , he couldn't move...not when Arthur was asking for him. Was he actually asking for him? But why? What was going to happen next? It took him a few moments before he finally stepped hesitantly closer to Arthur's bed, quiet and nervous.

"I'm right here, Arthur." He whispered softly as he finally settled near the bed, looking down at Arthur with glistening blue eyes. Maybe he shouldn't have said more but he couldn't help himself, even if he was in Mr and Mrs Kirkland's presence.

"I was worried about you." He whispered, not even sparing a glance back at Arthur's parents. He didn't want to possibly see Darcia's disapproving face because all that mattered was that Arthur was safe and he was alright and that he was just...

Just awake.
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:04 am

Arthur gasped a little as he was proved right – Alfred was there. It took him a few moments to focus on him and past his father’s large eyebrows but there he was. Alfred was there, caring about him. The pace of his heart sped up slightly (it was visible on the monitor in the room).

“Alfred…” he uttered, breathless and mesmerised that he was there. “I’m so… I’m sorry. I’m really sorry,” he felt as though he might cry again but stopped himself before he could.

It was probably a good thing that Alfred was choosing not to look up because Darcia was doing exactly what he had predicted. She looked like she’d eaten too many lemons.

“How do you feel, Arthur?” William interrupted but his voice lacked harshness.

“Like someone’s chiselling my brain from the inside out. Please may I have a moment with Alfred? Alone.” It wasn’t really a question. William nodded and glanced once at the American before leaving to stand outside. Darcia followed but she looked scornfully at Alfred before she left the room, letting the door slam shut behind her.

They were alone.

“My sentences aren’t going to be well formed and my English is going to go out of the window but… Alfred,” he repeated yet again. “Come here, please,” he beckoned for him to come closer. He might have just woken up but he was forcing his body to function despite how much it hurt.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:15 am

Alfred didn't really notice how the heart monitor sped up a bit though his attention was all on Arthur himself. To see that he was awake and...he hadn't been expecting him to say he was sorry. That was the very last thing that he was expecting but he didn't answer while Arthur's parents were in the room.

Instead he waited for them to step outside before he finally leant a bit closer, just gazing at his lover with the saddest eyes. Alfred couldn't resist hesitantly reaching forward to lightly grasp let their fingers brush together. Despite the parents being outside, he still was extremely tense, scared...not knowing what would happen next.

"I'm right here." He repeated himself, voice ever so soft as he tried to get as close as he could to the other without it being extremely uncomfortable for either one of them.

"I'm sorry."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:24 am

When he felt Alfred’s fingers on his, he went a step further and ever so gently took his Alfred’s hand in his. He gazed up at him, eyes shining in the dim light.

“No. Shush. I’m sorry. Why are you sorry? Idiot, it’s me that should be sorry. You haven’t done anything wrong. I…” he gulped, closing his eyes for a few moments as the throbbing in his head increased. “Fuck,” he cringed, having to lay still until the pain ebbed away.

“I don’t want it to all be over. I want to be with you. And you’re here and…” Arthur took a deep breath. “Alfred…”

His entire body was telling him not to move, but even so he wanted to hold him and show him how sorry that he was. He re-opened his eyes again, his vision less blurry than before as he looked up at him.
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Assistant Jones Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:49 am

Alfred allowed his hand to lightly grasp Arthur's own back and he closed his eyes so he wouldn't end up crying. He was stronger than that and he couldn't cry, not in front of Arthur. "I thought you wouldn't want to see me again." He murmured softly, breath quickening a bit. "I...thought you would want everything between us to be over...as if it was nothing."

He swallowed thickly and he kept close to the other, almost feeling his warmth just from the sheer closeness of their bodies. He didn't even care if Arthur's parents came back in at that moment.

"Please...I don't want to let you go. I was so scared when I heard you were hospitalised." He murmured, his own eyes shining and he couldn't help but stare at Arthur's own beautiful ones. It was the fright of possibly completely losing Arthur that made him start valuing just how much he cared about him and how much he wanted him around.

"Please..."
Assistant Jones
Assistant Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Kirkland Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 am

“Then it doesn’t have to be over,” Arthur said quietly before tearing his eyes away from Alfred’s fleetingly, confirming that he was indeed in a hospital bed. He wasn’t entirely sure of what had happened in the past few hours. He had no idea of what his injuries were but he could remember the flames and the smoke and it made him shiver. He was bound to have nightmares about it.

“I really think that we could make this work and we… some day, we could come to even…” he couldn’t finish the sentence; he didn’t want to scare off Alfred. Mentions of love were not a good thing at the start of a relationship. “When I’m better, we’ll – we’ll go out dancing again and we’ll go to see that film that I snogged you during the duration of so you can see it and we’ll go to the library and you’ll read science books and comics and I’ll read fiction and travel guides-”

Darcia opened the door.

“Are you quite finished?”
Mr. Kirkland
Mr. Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next