Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Courting Arthur Kirkland.

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Courting Arthur Kirkland. - Page 4 Empty Re: Courting Arthur Kirkland.

Post by King of Spades Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Alfred stopped in his tracks, surprised and suddenly growing uneasy. Awkwardly, he played with the hem of his sleeve. "I don't think..." There was no way Arthur wanted to come along, not to that place, not after what had happened that night. With a lot of effort he was finally able to regain Arthur's trust.

"Sorry, but I'm going to the pub from last time," he hesitated. "I don't think you'd like to join me..." The situation was awkward, he hoped Arthur wouldn't end up getting angry at him for wanting to return to that place.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

http://rurushuu.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:15 pm

"Oh. . ." Arthur rubbed his arm, looking a little embarrassed. "I think. . .I wouldn't mind going with you. So long as you'll have me, that is. . ." It felt awkward, asking Alfred to join him somewhere. Especially after the scene he had made. But he'd hoped Alfred would have him anyway, he liked to spend time with the other man.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm

That was why they were now sitting at the bar. Alfred couldn't believe Arthur actually agreed to come along! It meant the world to Alfred, because it was a sign that he was fully forgiven and that Arthur really trusted him. Suddenly, he felt really warm in his chest, it wasn't unpleasant but unusual.

Two pints later he was starting to loosen up, he told Arthur about his sudden nervous feeling about the wedding and asked if Arthur felt the same. "I swear, I'm really nervous about the wedding. I mean, I'm 19! I thought, my father would reign many more decades in the future but no, he decided to fall off a horse and break his neck!" said Alfred with a sniffle.

More of the beverage was downed.

"I mean, I'm really happy I get a pretty bride like you, awesome eyebrows and fine ass and stuff but why is Justin Bieber going to be the singer for our wedding? And I need to save the Spades pandas!"
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:00 am

Being in the bar a second time wasn't as bad. He stuck close to Alfred and the to-be-King made sure he was protected. It was nice. And even with the drunks around them they were, for the most part, left alone. It wasn't so bad, Arthur supposed. He would never go there alone, but coming with Alfred was the least he could do for the person who protects and lives with him.

Arthur flushed when Alfred started rattling off drunken compliments, he wasn't used to hearing things like that. Of course, Alfred was just drunk and didn't mean any of if. That's what he would tell himself, anyway. In an attempt to comfort the prince, Arthur reached an awkward hand out to pat his arm. "I'm a bit nervous, yes. . .it is a wedding after all." Arthur thought that was only normal.

"I'm sure the whole ordeal will go swimmingly. Positive of it." In truth Arthur was relieved to know that Alfred was feeling the same fear as him. It was comforting. "And. . .you are a rather handsome groom yourself, Alfred." Arthur flushed deeper saying that, he was sure Alfred was drunk enough that he wouldn't remember, but Arthur couldn't pull himself to listing out exactly what it was he found attractive.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:47 am

Alfred tilted his head slightly, his cheeks flushed from the alcohol. "Aren't you going to drink some more?" Maybe Arthur didn't like the taste? Well, he didn't really like it as well. Though he was suddenly struck by, in his opinion, the most genius idea ever.

With a quick motion he dug his hand into the pocket of his coat, searching for something with his tongue stuck out in forced concentration. Finally, he pulled out his hand in which he was holding a red marble, no, candy.

He let the sweet plop down Arthur's pint and grinned.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:55 am

Arthur frowned when Alfred dropped candy into his drink. He did like alcohol, but he knew better than to drink while he was in a seedy place like this. As it was, it was dangerous enough having Alfred this plastered, Arthur wanted to keep his wits about him. Plus candy and alcohol certainly don't mix, and even if he was planning on drinking more, he certainly wasn't now.

"Alfred, that's foul. I'm not fond of alcohol, so I don't want any." That was a lie. He loved alcohol but he didn't want to act like a fool. Alfred was the one who ordered it for him and he drank a little bit to be polite, but no more. "Candy and beer don't mix well at all."
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:17 am

Alfred's expression looked lost and confused like a child. He looked down at Arthur's beer and observed the candy resting at the bottom. Momentarily, he was fascinated by the play of colours. But then he pouted. "Why not? It looks so pretty~ I bet it's really sweet as well." His smile softened. "Sweet like a kiss."

He made the candy roll out of the glass, drinking half of the content in the process. The candy was now clamped between his lips, held steady by a finger. Alfred licked and sucked the sweet marble, enjoying the odd taste of bitter mixed with the delicious sweetness of the candy.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. The difference makes it...interesting," he said, resting his head in his hand and looked at Arthur throught half-lidded eyes and a lopsided smile graced his feature. "Just like you and I."
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:15 am

Arthur couldn't fight his blush off. At least he knew Alfred would remember nothing of this come morning. "Yes. Like us." He cleared his throat and slid his drink towards Alfred, not wanting it anymore. "I'm not fond of it, you may finish it if you'd like." Right now he needed to concentrate on how he was going to get the prince home. Hopefully Alfred knew how even when drunk, because Arthur wasn't completely sure.

"I think we will make a good King and Queen, personally. I think we'll do quite all right with it." At least he hoped so. He wasn't used to all the duties, but from what he'd gathered neither was Alfred, so they would be working together. And isn't that what the oracle said? They would be pillars of strength? Hopefully she knew what she was talking about.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Alfred was still looking at Arthur, eyes not leaving the person on the opposite side. He still wore a gentle smile and was listening to every word Arthur had said. "You are cute," the king finally said.

"Really, really cute. So I'm telling you something, it's a secret between you and me." Alfred motioned with his finger for Arthur to lean closer so that the secret could be shared. Their faces were so close, the tips of their nose almost touching.

"Adventure," he said, "is what we're going to do."

Without warning he simply grabbed Arthur's shoulders and pressed his lips against the other's. Taking advantage over the surprised gasp, he pushed the candy into Arthur's mouth with his tongue. And it really only lasted one surprised gasp and soon Alfred was back emptying the remaining drink.

Adventure; diving into the unknown and unpredictable. And never regret the decision.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:53 am

Arthur froze when Alfred grabbed and kissed him. It was surprising, but not as surprising as having Alfred shove candy in his mouth. He choked on it for a minute before finally swallowing it down, gasping for air. "A-Alfred-!" He was ruffled that Alfred had suddenly kissed him, and then almost killed him.

But mostly the kissing. At least Alfred was drunk, and would never remember. "I-I think it's time to head back!" If Alfred was drunk enough to kiss Arthur, he had drank enough beers. They needed to go while Alfred could still (somewhat) walk. "Come on then." Arthur pulled the empty glass away from Alfred and tried to pull him down from the bar stool.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Spades Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Laughing he stood up from his stool and staggered away, following Arthur's pull. His fiancée sure tasted nice. A bit sweet but then again with a hint of the bitterness from his sugarfree tea.

With lots of wrong turns they finally arrived at the castle safe and sound, though earning funny looks from the guards.

Somehow, Alfred got settled into his bed and he immediately fell asleep, deep and calming darkness enveloped his mind as he drifted away with a light snore.

The next day Alfred awoke with a slight hangover and a blurry memory of last night. In fact he could only remember going to the pub and drinking with Arthur; somewhere and somehow a red candy popped up in his mind.

It was the day before the wedding. And the king was ready for adventure. He hoped the future Queen felt the same.
King of Spades
King of Spades
Awesomest Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen of Spades Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Arthur slept in his own chambers that night, it was only proper for them to sleep in separate beds on the night before their wedding. When he woke he was immediately pulled away by the maids for fittings and preparations for the wedding. It was a busy day, he'd hardly had time to eat until noon when a maid forced him to sit down and eat.

He hadn't seen Alfred at all that day, and he wouldn't until the ceremony. It made Arthur sad but at the same time he was excited for their new life together. This past week he had grown attached to Alfred, and he was looking forward to enjoying their time. It was going to be a good marriage.
Queen of Spades
Queen of Spades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4