Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell. Empty You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Fifth year usually meant bad for the students in Hogwarts, or to be more precise, it meant O.W.L's (and that was enough reason to make anyone cringe). It wasn't like that for him though! He was determinate to make this his best year in Hogwarts! It was supposed to be, after all! Yeah, O.W.L's meant a lot of work for him, and he actually had to try getting good marks this year, but it also meant that he was one step closer to become an Auror! He just had to concentrate on the classes he needed anyway, and everything was going to be fine!

But there was something else that made this year the most awesome of all.

The Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team had graduated the past year, and so the Heads of House had to choose another one. There had been some nominations last year, a couple of people besides him, older members of the team, and with a lot more of chances because of that. He hadn't had his hopes too high (at least not too high - thinking about it every night wasn't having your hopes too high!), because maybe his two other teammates had more opportunity, and he could always aspire to be Captain when they graduated!

Things don't always happen as you expect though, so when he got a certain letter in the middle of the summer break, he screamed. It scared his parents, and some neighbors, and it took a lot of explanation from his side. When his mom -that was a wizard too- finally understood, she got on his side and said he had it on his blood. His dad never got to understand it completely though. "Those Wizard things..." was the only thing he said, before sighing.

Oh right, the point of this… he got chosen as the new Quidditch Captain! The Heads of House said that after a lot of deliberation, they chose him because it seemed that everyone in the team liked him, and that he expected the best from him. Of course he was going to do his best! Dude, he was Captain now, and he was going to do anything to get the Quidditch Cup this year. He had to show everyone that they Heads of House made the right decision, after all! Alfred F. Jones, Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, it sounded awesome.

And that’s why now he had the Captain badge on his robe. Everyone on the train had noticed, and even some girls had come to him, when they noticed his status. It was new all of this, but he surely liked it.

With all this talking with everyone, he sort of missed time to get into the train and look for a cabin though. Pouting, he walked through the hall, looking for a space for him. He could tell his friends to make him space, but they would more likely laugh because he got into the train late. And yeah, he could go to one of the cabins with the girls who invited him… but that would be awkward.

“What do I do now…?” He mumbled under his breathe and kept looking for a seat.

He looked through the window of one of the cabins and saw that… there was a lot of space left. But there was one little problem with that cabin… Arthur Kirkland. Arthur Kirkland wasn't a bad guy or anything, he was even a Gryffindor just like him, but he usually scolded him for everything he did.

(He had to admit that his reactions were amusing though, especially when he furrowed his eyebrows and it looked like he had one big caterpillar in his head.)

This was probably his only chance to get a seat though, so it was this or to be standing up the whole trip, and he didn't want to do that. Biting his lip, he knocked the window of the cabin and hoped that Arthur would let him in.

(( I hope everything's fine and that you like it ;w; ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell. Empty Re: You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

Post by Preffy~ Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:23 am

Even before the start of term came around, it was already a good one for Arthur Kirkland. Most of the students dreaded the fifth year, because yes, this was O.W.L year, but being one of the top students in their year… Arthur was not overly concerned, in fact he was rather looking forward to it. Besides everything about the magical world was overly interesting to him, even the exams (most thought him strange for this), plus they would certainly be a welcome challenge.

Another good thing about this year was proudly pinned to his tie: his new prefect badge. His parents were incredibly proud, his mother was a little more excited regarding the matter, as ‘prefect’ was something she could fully understand in the wizarding world. Now, he didn’t want people to think his mother stupid, she was a muggle while his father was a wizard and they had met only a few years after he had finished at Hogwarts, so she had known the wizarding world a decent amount of time and had a respectable amount of knowledge regarding it.

But still…. Prefect was still something she could fully appreciate

Arthur grinned in memory as he looked out the window. His first day as a prefect had already begun. As soon as he stepped onto the train and settled his belongings, he had had to go greet the new head girl and boy with the other newest prefects and have a few things explained to them. Then they were told to patrol the aisle every once in a while to keep an eye on the other students.

Arthur had done one patrol, told a few second years to calm down otherwise they would crash into the witch with the sweet trolley, then eventually wandered back to the cabin he had managed to find and put his belongings in. He had been sitting looking idly out of the window for only a short amount of time before a knock sounded at his cabin door.

He turned to find……Alfred Jones at the door. He noted that his fellow Gryffindor had all his belongings with him and knew instantly where this was going.

“You can come in, Jones!” He sighed, nodding the other in. At least he actually knocked. Alfred usually liked to make a dramatic entrance and draw attention to himself in the most spectacular ways, and knocking on doors was not usually one of those ways. It was this constant drawing attention to himself that usually started their many disagreements over the years, he would always end up having to correct him for something and Alfred would laugh at him. But Arthur was pretty sure the root of their problem was the fact that in first year Alfred had made some remark about his eyebrows and had yet to still apologise, in fact he still made the same comments every once in a while.

As Alfred slid open the door to cabin, Arthur wondered why he had even agreed in the first place.

((it was an awesome first post, dear *7* <3 Hope this is okay XDDD I wasn't sure what else to write XD))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell. Empty Re: You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Alfred beamed when Arthur allowed him to go into his cabin. For a moment, he thought that he would tell him to go find his own or something like that, but he had been nice enough, maybe he wasn’t as bad as he thought! Or maybe it was the fact that he knocked before trying to get in the cabin, but he did because it was Arthur, and this was probably the only free cabin.

Taking his things with him, he stepped into the cabin making a lot of noise and finally put everything in its place. Well, at least they had a lot of space! It was a whole cabin just for the two of them! He sat in front of Arthur and finally looked at him. There was something different, but he couldn’t exactly tell what it was. Eyebrows: check, messy short hair: check, Gryffindor scarf: check, badge on his robe: check… wait. Badge on his robe? He had a badge on his robe, a similar one to his own, but this one had a ‘P’ instead of a ‘C’. Alfred knew exactly what this meant, and even if it was something that probably everyone expected from Arthur, he asked:

“Dude! You’re a Prefect now?!” He was surprised to say the less. Yeah, Arthur was one of the best students in his year, but still! Not anyone is chosen as a Prefect! “That’s awesome!” But hold on for a second. If Arthur was a Prefect, it meant that now he had the power to do more than just scold him when he found him doing something against the rules. He could even take points from Gryffindor if he wanted. That wasn’t good, that wasn’t good at all. “…you’re not going to make us lose points, right?” Not that he thought that Arthur would be against his own House, that would be low coming from anyone, but he was so strict with rules!

But hey, he had some power too. Arthur wasn’t the only one with a new status, he had his own title now too! Grinning, he pointed at his own badge on his robe.

“Oh, look! I’m the new Captain!” He said proudly, showing him his badge. “We’ll have to work together now, yeah? We can win the House Cup this year, I’m sure!”

He wasn’t that excited of working together with Arthur, because that meant he would get scolded more frequently, and probably he wouldn’t get the chance to skip classes as much as he would like.

Being honest, he couldn’t even remember why they had such a bad start in their first year. They started bickering one day and Alfred started teasing Arthur more and more until things got to the point they were now.

But it could change this year, or more like it had to change. He was still a fellow Gryffindor, and they had to work for their house. Plus, this could be called a good start, yeah? They hadn’t fighted… yet, and it seemed like they could get along for at least some minutes.

Yeah, maybe this was a good start.

(( Thank you, dear *A* And it waaas <3 Don't worry about that, I wasn't sure what else to write this time either xDD ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Arthur awaited some kind of comment as Alfred seemed to look him over. What is going to be today? he thought. His eyebrows? His hair or how his uniform was still unusually tidy? It appeared to neither of those things when Alfred noticed his prefect badge and congratulated him for it. Well, in his own special way anyway?

Arthur smiled and nodded his head in thanks.

Alfred then proceeded to point out his own shiny, new badge. So he was the new Gryffindor captain. “Congratulations! I think it was pretty obvious it was going to you be to be honest!” He said it with all honesty. While quidditch was not his strong point, he knew from talk in the Gryffindor common room to expect as much.

But as soon as Alfred said those two words: work together, he frowned a little. He knew Alfred probably didn’t mean those words, because they simply did not and could not work together. The entire of Gryffindor house was probably aware of their arguments by now, and as much as he didn't wish to take points from their house (like Alfred had mentioned, that he conveniently ignored so far so as NOT to start arguments on their first day) , he knew it was perfectly inevitable.

But as a prefect, he would have to mind his temper and set an example for younger students. He promised he would take this new role seriously, and some things he would just have to let go.

So, in honour of that and against his better judgement, he held out his hand for them to shake hands. A polite enough smile on his face. “If I deduct points because of you, it will be for perfectly good reasons I assure you. BUT I agree! We should at least attempt to work together, for the sake of our house of course. Do you agree?”
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Alfred actually felt proud when Arthur mentioned that it was obvious that it was going to be him. Maybe it was a little bit because it was him. Arthur almost never congratulated him for anything , this was probably the first time in months, and he’s not even exaggerating. Having him saying that it was expected that he was going to be the Captain meant a lot… not like he would ever admit that, because that would be giving Arthur too much importance.

“Thanks! You know, I thought they were going to choose someone else, one of the older team members!” He said, laughing. It had been surprising for him, after all; so surprising that he hadn’t known what to say on the reply to the Heads of House.

He felt a bit nervous when Arthur frowned though. Most probably he was going to say no, that he couldn’t work with him or something like that. Thinking about it, they couldn’t work together. You could ask anyone in their house and they would probably say that any kind of combination with them included was destined to fail. But he had been trying to be nice to Arthur! …even if he didn’t gain anything from that it seemed, because Arthur was frowning at him, and it looked like he was going to scold him or something very soon. At the end, maybe their problems were too hard to overlook and…

Okay, he didn’t expect Arthur to hold his hand for him to shake at all… and even less that smile.

It took him a couple of seconds to react, but then he grinned widely and took his hand, shaking it effusively. “But try to be good with us Gryffindor’s, at least!” He said, sort of teasingly, before adding: “I know right! I’m sure we can win both the Quidditch Cup and the House Cup!” This could be a historic day, the day that Arthur Kirkland and Alfred F. Jones decided to make aside their differences to work for the sake of their House… or maybe he was rushing things, but still! It was a good start like he had thought! And that was enough to make him smile for the rest of the road.

But there was something else that made him smile too. Just a few minutes after their talk, the Honeydukes Express lady knocked the door and that could mean just one thing… treats! Oh, he could almost taste the Chocolate Frogs. He was glad that his parents gave him enough money to buy things on the road, because he would be really sad if he couldn’t get his treats. Picking up the things he wanted, he eventually glanced at Arthur. Well, he could start being nice to him, right?

“Want something, Artie?” He asked. “My treat!”
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 am

The sight of the trolley made him once again remember that he had skipped breakfast this morning, he had only had his typical cup of tea before leaving, so he readily accepted anything from sweet trolley. He gave Alfred a sceptic look as he accepted a chocolate frog.

“ I hope this isn’t some kind of bribe, it won’t stop me deducting points if people deserve it you know!” He said, opening to box and grabbing the chocolate straight away to eat it, he didn’t bother with the cards inside much. He sat eating the chocolate in thought of what Alfred had said just before, about expecting an older student to get the quidditch captain badge.

“I suppose it is rare for a fifth year to be made Quidditch Captain! I suppose they make special allowance if they think the candidate really deserves it” He said, not really meaning to say it out loud… more to himself really. His face turned red as he noticed Alfred staring at him.

“Just- just prove their decision right. Okay?” He said loudly all of a sudden, “ I intend for Gryffindor to win both of those cups this year!”

He slumped back in his seat, finished his chocolate and glanced out the window again. “ With O.W.L’s this year. It’s certainly going to be a challenge!” He then grinned at the thought. He loved challenges after all.

((Why are my posts getting shorter and shorter XDD))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 am

Alfred pouted as Arthur took a chocolate frog. Couldn’t he have a little bit more of faith in him? He offered him something because he was trying to be nice! Then again, he had to admit that if Arthur did the same with him, he would have his doubts too. He’d probably think that Arthur wanted him to shut up or stop doing whatever he was doing, like when moms give their children some sweets, hoping that would make them behave… and Arthur was totally a mother hen sometimes.

Still, he had offered that because he was trying to be nice to Arthur, so he shouldn’t think so low of him! “It wasn’t because of that! And even so, I still think you shouldn’t deduct points from Gryffindor’s!” Alfred crossed his arms and sort of sulked in his seat. His sulking didn’t last for long though, because as soon as he saw Arthur practically discharging the card that came in his chocolate frog, he blinked. “Aren’t you going to see what card you got?” He asked as he picked up his own chocolate frog and opened it. “Oh, awesome! I got Dumbledore!” He eyed Arthur’s card again, if he could at least see which one got Arthur… n-not like he wanted it! He already had his own cards!

“It is!” He said as Arthur started talking about the Captain choice. “There have been others, especially in Gryffindor, but still… I thought they would choose someone older, for the experience and that, you know?” He stopped rambling when Arthur said that last thing. “S-so you really think I deserve it?!” He was getting way more compliments from Arthur that he’d have expected, and it was a weirdly pleasant experience. Nodding excitedly, he added. “Sure! I’ll do my best! I do want Gryffindor to win both cups too!”

“Oh twue… what are ya going to… mhm… take?” He started eating his chocolate frog, chewing on it while still talking. Arthur looked like one of those guys who could pass any class they wanted, but he was curious about what he wanted to take. Knowing him, probably they were those boring classes like History of Magic or Study of Ancient Runes, but maybe Arthur could give him a surprise.

(( Don't worry, dear, my posts are getting shorter too, I think xDD ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 am

After seeing Alfred look at his chocolate frog card with a kind of pout on his face, Arthur tossed it over to Alfred’s seat with a mumbled ‘Here’. Well, he didn’t collect them, might as well pass it on to someone who did.

“I do think you deserved the captain's badge,” Arthur said, with a disapproving look at Alfred, for his talking with his mouth open. “Just don’t prove us all wrong please.” Not that Arthur thought he would. His reputation of never letting their team down was known to all in Gryffindor, and if he failed now, then he would look like a right prat wouldn‘t he? That was all there was to it. But some part of him had faith that he wouldn't fail. Even if quidditch was not his best subject.

But ah, the topic of their lessons and the exams to come were a much better subject for him. “Oh, what you would expect of me I guess; Transfiguration, Potions, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Ancient Runes. Those kinds of things. I hope you don’t intend on taking the easy way out?”

But after a little more discussion, Arthur was in fact surprised to find out that Alfred wanted to become an Auror. And Arthur couldn’t help thinking, with a small smile, how much that would in fact suit a person like him. Listening to him proclaim himself a hero for years would do that. Alfred had asked what he wanted to do after he left school, Arthur had replied it was his ambition to be a teacher and eventually Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Their conversations (and disagreements, arguments and such) went on like that for a while. Unless Arthur decided to go on another round of watching the aisle for troublemakers, it went on like that until the very familiar shape of a certain castle became even more clearer in their sight.

((I am so sorry this is late and god awful. I am currently not very well ;7; But I felt I should update it for you, Hope it’s okay dear ;u; <3 ))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Alfred’s eyes shined even brighter when Arthur gave him the chocolate frog card. Seriously, you can’t throw away a card just like that, they’re valuable! Or at least they were for him; he had been collecting them since he knew of the wizarding world. He had tons of those cards, some repeated like the one he got a few minutes ago, but he liked keeping all of them.

“Thank you!” He didn’t even mind actually being polite to Arthur, if it meant that he got his chocolate frog card. Those cards were worth it, see?

He was even happier to hear that Arthur did think he deserved the Captain’s place. Of course it was going to be hard, and with the O.W.L.’s even more, but he was going to try his best! He always tried to give 110% of himself when he was on the Quidditch Field, and now he had more reasons to always give himself completely to the team.

Ohhh… so Arthur was going to take the classes that he expected. He did seem like the kind of person that would become a professor after they finished Hogwards. Heck, with his grades, the director himself would probably ask him to teach at the school, Arthur was good like that. Being honest, he knew that Arthur would deserve an invitation from Hogwarts to teach there after they finished their studies, he’d be a good professor, he was sure of that. Sometimes he wished he could get grades like those, but he wasn’t the best student, not because he lacked the skills, it was because he would rather be practicing Quidditch or doing something else than studying. He still got decent grades though, he had to, if he wanted to be an Auror.

“Of course not! I still want to be an Auror, so I’m going to do whatever it takes to get to my goal!” He said, nodding. “I think I’ll take Potions, Defense against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and Charms, you know, the usual” Becoming an Auror had been his dream since his mother told him about them, and now he was getting closer to it.

“Oh, I can see Hogwarts from here!” He said suddenly, pointing out through the window. Just a few more minutes and they would get there. “I’m guessing you’ll have to guide the first years when we get to Hogwarts?” He still remembered when the Prefects guided him all the way to the Gryffindor Tower. He used to look up to them at that time, hoping he could be that great one day too. Now, he wasn't a Prefect, but he still had a good position, that made him feel proud of himself.

(( I took so long and it's not even good ;A; I'm sorry, dear. Finals ate me alive D8 ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm

He could rarely say he admired Alfred, but right now, Arthur admired him for his dreams. To become an Auror was not an easy task, most certainly not the usual line of quidditch stars but here he was… determined.. Arthur wished him look and turned his attention to the window.

Hogwarts was drawing nearer and nearer and so a couple of minutes they would be drawing to a stop.

Arthur took a minute to compose himself and his belongings. “Yes, I will have that task. Isn’t it funny, I still remember our first day and the prefect who led us back to common room. That one was a moody git, wasn’t he?” Arthur laughed a little and arranged his robes. True, he did look up to prefects back then, but no one could deny how miserable he was.

“It’ll be the carriages next then!” Arthur hummed as the train stopped. “I suppose you’ll want to catch up to your group of friends yes?”

Truth be told, Arthur was amazed that Alfred had stayed with him the entire trip and hadn’t gone off to find his group. He was even more amazed that they had lasted that long without a disagreement.

(( meheheh >3> ))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:00 pm

He had thought of becoming a big Quidditch star, maybe even play for his own country, and that would actually be easier than becoming an Auror, but that wasn’t his dream. Surely he’d like to play for a sort of well-known team once, but that was all. His real dream was to become a hero! To protect others! Even if maybe the Wizarding World didn’t need much protecting on those days, he could still stop criminals and that!

Alfred started putting everything in order and saving some of his treats for later. Anyone could say that he bought too many treats, but there’s no way that the words “too many” and” treats” could go together for Alfred.

“He was! I still don’t know how we could stand him for the whole year!” He snickered, remembering that guy who leaded them to their common room. “But it’s going to be similar for first years this time too, right?” He looked at Arthur, teasing him a bit. He didn’t mean anything bad with it, really, but it was fun to tease Arthur! Not wanting to ruin everything though, he corrected himself after a few seconds. “You’re going to do a good job though, I’m sure” He said, nodding. “I bet Gryffindor first years will like you~”

Well, probably all of this was weird, because they hadn’t fighted yet, and they had spent a lot of time together. Honestly, that was the last thing he would have expected from this trip, he expected to be with his friends, with his brother even, but not with Arthur Kirkland, and actually talking to him in a civilized way. He liked it though, Arthur could be a nice guy, and he was getting to know him better.

Looking at Arthur, he wasn’t so sure if he wanted to go to his friends. Being honest, he sort of wanted to spend more time with Arthur (if it was like this, at least, when they were being friendly to each other). It’d be weird if he prolonged it though, so he nodded. “Yeah, I should find them! Uhm…” He made a pause. “Ehh… see you in the Welcoming Fest?” Which was more like a ‘I’d like you to come and sit with my friends and me’, but he couldn’t say that directly, right? Waving his hand, he carried his things out of the cabin and said a short “Bye!” to Arthur, hoping that they could really see each other in the Welcoming Fest.

(( I feel like I ramble so much with Alfred's thoughts and then I'm terrible at explaining actions >> but I hope it's okay~! ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 am

“Yes, I’m sure I’ll see you at the feast!” Were Arthur’s last words, accompanied with a small wave, as Alfred left the cabin.

He generally hoped that he did. Arthur was more interested in this seemingly grown up Alfred, but part of him wondered if it was simply because he was without his groups of idiots and would be back to his normal self by the time they next saw each other at the feast. Arthur shook his head of his thoughts, made sure he had all his belongings and exited the train.

Before looking for any sign of his own group, Arthur stopped to make sure there were no first years lost. After making sure they were where they needed go, Arthur set on finding his own group, but after a while he figured they had gone on ahead. ‘Gits’, he had thought to himself, before looking for a carriage he could join.

~

Some time later, Arthur was looking up at Hogwarts castle with a somewhat admiring look, the same look he always had when he returned here.

After entering the hall, Arthur followed most of the other older students actions and did his best to avoid Peeve’s usual welcome back to the students. Water balloons. Some younger students were not so lucky and were now complaining.

Still no sign of his friends. Or Alfred and his.

Arthur was now in the main hall and making his way over to the Gryffindor table, he spotted his group and headed in their direction. “Thanks for waiting for me!” He huffed, sitting down. At that point, he looked down to see if he could see Alfred. But there was still no sign of him yet.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Arthur had agreed to meet at the feast, so that had to be a huge step in their friendship, right? Or that’s what he wanted to think. He had actually enjoyed the train trip, and wouldn’t mind be stuck with Arthur for a long time again. In fact, he could even look forward to that, if they had the chance.

It took him some minutes, but finally he could find his group. They were already going into a carriage, but luckily for him, there was still space for him. The space had its own “price” though, as his friends started asking him where had he been all of that time. He had to tell them more or less what happened, that he couldn’t find them when he got on the train (or more like, he thought that they would laugh at him), and then he couldn’t find a single free cabin, so he had to ask Arthur Kirkland if he could join him. They wondered how he could even stand more than just a few minutes with “Eyebrows” (as they had named him for years), and he would have liked to say that it wasn’t that bad, but he didn’t get the chance.

And thinking about it, probably, it would have just damaged his image.

The moment he stepped on Hogwarts, he grinned. To say that he loved the place was an understatement; Alfred’s love for Hogwarts was massive. He loved being with his family at home, but Hogwarts was one of those other few places that made Alfred feel like he was in his place. Maybe it was because he could use magic there, while he couldn’t when he’s in the muggle world, or because he felt free while he was there, he didn’t know, he only knew that he loved that place and that he was very happy to be at Hogwarts again.

He didn’t have much time to appreciate the place though, because his friends practically dragged him to the main hall, directly to the Gryffindor table. “To get the best place!” He heard saying one of his friends. Shrugging, he followed them and made them believe that he was listening to whatever they were babbling about. Usually, he would pay more attention, but he wasn’t really interested this time; he had more important things to think of, one of them, finding Arthur.

When they got to the main hall, they noticed that there were already a lot of people. One of his friends, a girl, pouted and complained that they wouldn’t find a good place now. There was an empty place with enough seats for everyone though. And it was exactly where Alfred would like to be. He spotted Arthur sitting with his group, and maybe it was his imagination but it seemed that he was looking for someone, him, maybe.

“There’s an empty space there!” Said Alfred, pointing at the empty seats beside Arthur and his group.

“But Arthur and his friends are there!” Said the same girl that had complained before.

“It’s still one of the few empty places though…” Alfred shrugged. It was true, but he really had other reasons why he wanted to sit there.

“We don’t have another option!” Agreed one of the guys, and the whole group walked to the empty place beside “Eyebrows”.

Immediately, he walked to the seat that was right next to Arthur and sat there, poking his shoulder. Hopefully, Arthur would still want to see him and talk to him, and his friends wouldn’t make such a huge deal about it. What was wrong with him talking to Arthur, anyway? Okay, maybe a lot of things, but he didn’t care!

“Artie~!” He said, with a huge grin. “See, I found you at the end!”

(( I really don't know why it came out so long :'D I should stop rambling about Alfred's thoughts this much XD ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 am

It was slightly before the new first years came in, everyone was settling down. Arthur was barely listening to the conversation next to him, and merely added his own opinion when he was asked for it. Otherwise, he was staring up at the enchanted ceiling, watching the floating candles. It was nice to have a clear mind before the workload and constant studying for O.W.L’s began. No stress.

“Eyebrows!”

And then the sound of a group sitting next to him in the empty space. “Very original. After four years, it’s starting to get a little boring!” Arthur said, his boredom clearly showing through. “Knew we should have squeezed into that small gap down the table!” He muttered, a friend next to him chuckled a little and returned to his conversation.

Then the poking started and Arthur turned to see Alfred grinning at him. “Yes, you did!” He said, rubbing his arm, adding a muttered “Must you poke me though!”

Already, Arthur was aware of Alfred’s friends staring at him. Seemingly waiting for their amusement to begin, he guessed, surely Alfred wouldn’t have told them they had sat in the same train compartment for the trip and actually had a friendly conversation for once.

Not that he had mentioned it either,

“ Are you sure you’re not ruining your image by talking to me?” Arthur asked quietly, with a small grin of his own.

Alfred didn’t get chance to answer at that point, because a second later the huge doors opened once again and the first years walked through for their sorting. The sorting hat and stall now sat at the front of the hall. Arthur remembered his own sorting, how proud to be announced a Gryffindor he was. He looked to see Alfred giving the new first years encouragement as they walked past…

At least that’s what it now seemed to him anyway.

(( No no! I like your rambling *v* It's awesome! This however *points upwards* is pure nonesense 8D I had to write something for ya though XD <3))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Having Arthur so close and talking to him was definitely different alone than with a lot of people around them, most probably jugdging them. He still wanted to talk to Arthur, though, even if people didn't like that, or were going to tease him later. Probably he didn't have a real reason, he just wanted to, but wasn't that a reason?

"Of course I have to!" He said, after poking Arthur a couple more of times. That was one of the few ways he could get Arthur's attention, after all. Nagging him, teasing him, it had always been that way. Not like he had wanted Arthur's attention all of those years, mind you! It was just that Arthur was one of the few people who didn't like him, and he wanted to change that.

He had noticed, also, that his friends were staring, and acting almost friendly could make them think that there was something weird going on. He didn't care that much, but he didn't want to give any kind of explanation later, mostly because he didn't have anything to explain. He was being friendly to Arthur Kirkland, 'Eyebrows', so what? He was always friendly with everyone! Except maybe to the Slytherin people, but they didn't count anyway.

So when Arthur mentioned that little detail of his image being ruined by talking to Arthur, it somehow hurted. Did Arthur really think that low of him? Surely Alfred had thought of that at some point, but after having a nice conversation with Arthur, he had almost forgotten about that completely. And he had wanted to tell him that (okay, maybe not in front of his friends), but he couldn’t. He had to stay quiet while the first years got into the Great Hall and started getting sorted. He clapped and grinned at some of the new Gryffindors, hoping that they were as proud as he had been that time he got sorted into Gryffindor.

It took some time, but finally the sorting finished, and after some words of the Headmaster, the Welcoming Feast began. As every year, food magically appeared in front of everyone, filling the different tables. Alfred glanced at his friends, as they were already eating and fighting for some sweets. He would have done the same, but he had some talking to do, he didn’t want to have Arthur thinking so low of him for so long.

“Hey…” Nudging Arthur, he tried to get his attention. “It isn’t like you said, you know…” He made a pause. “I don’t care that much of my image, I mean, I do, but it doesn’t matter if it means that I can have a new friend…” Always terrible with words, this was exactly the reason why he hated explaining himself; he just hoped that Arthur would understand.

Saying anything else could ruin the poor explanation he gave Arthur, so he shut up and took some pieces of the closest sweets he could find. A friend. That’s what he considered Arthur already, someone with whom he could have a nice conversation, and someone who actually listened to what he had to say, which was uncommon among his usual group of friends.

His friends were already giving him weird looks but he shrugged. He didn’t’ care, that’s what he had told Arthur and what he meant. If his friends were going to be like that, then he’d let it be.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:37 am

A new friend, huh?

So after only a little time, Alfred considered him a friend already. Arthur wouldn’t admit it, but he had tried to befriend Alfred in their first year of Hogwarts. After a bad start, he had attempted to fix the problem and be friends with him. His mother had said he should try to branch out of his usual choice of friends, as he usually made friends with people like himself, quiet and studious. But according to his mother, if he associated with people more outgoing it would have a wonderful effect on him also.

So he had tried, like she said, but the results weren’t positive and so they had years of arguments and snide comments.

Wasn’t it amazing what a little time talking in a train compartment could do? Where only the two of them could have a conversation and not be influenced by outsiders. Arthur sincerely hoped this was the case and not some elaborate start of the year prank.

A nudge to his side brought his attention back to Alfred, and Arthur smiled a little as he stumbled to explain himself. Arthur was also aware of the odd stares they were getting, but ignored them all, he was fairly certain the school would be glad for the cease in their arguing. Unless the all saw it as some great amusement.

“A new friend sounds good, if that’s what this is!” Arthur said, grinning a little as he continued, “It isn’t just you who might have his image ruined however.. Future head boy associating with the Quidditch Captain. How completely unthinkable!” His gaze quickly shifted to his friends as he said it, but they had quickly directed their attentions elsewhere.

You would think they were from Gryffindor and Slytherin.

It wasn’t long before the feast ended and Arthur had his new duties to attend to. He stood from the bench and smoothed his cloak down.

“Right, I’ll see all you chaps up in the common room soon!” He said, directing it to both his own friends, as well Alfred and his own group. He then hurried to meet up with the other prefects of this house, and so he began the ever familiar call of, ‘First years, this way. Keep together and follow us please!’
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 am

If Arthur knew - and Alfred was quite positive that he didn’t know - the more he teased someone, or tried to make conversation with them, even if it was just to make a joke or something like that, the more he wanted to befriend that person. It was easier for him that way, and it meant that he felt comfortable with that person, and that he was interested in that person’s reaction, or whatever comeback they could have. Of course, Alfred should have known that wouldn’t work with Arthur. He should have known. Especially after the fight they had the very first moment they met.

But he had tried to be friends with him. Really. In his own Alfred-way, but he had tried. It was years after that he realized that being friends with Arthur would be something sort of impossible (or more like people had to point it out to him - oh, there were a lot of times that his own brother had told him that). There was no impossible for Alfred, though, and that’s why he kept trying. It annoyed Arthur, he knew that, but there was no other way to approach him, right? He wasn’t into books and that stuff that Arthur liked, and Arthur wasn’t into the things that he did like, so it was hard to even try to start conversation. They had been talking that day though, so he felt quite satisfied.

“Of course!” He said, nodding and grinning. He glanced at his both his and Arthur’s friends. Some of them were still looking at the Prefect and Captain, but turned away as soon as he glanced at them. Weirdly, Alfred found out that he didn’t mind it. “Future head boy, huh?” He chuckled, but he actually thought that it would happened, so he said it. “Yeah, future head boy and Quidditch captain being friends, people are going to talk about us~”

After the feast ended, he went directly to the Gryffindor Tower. Some of his friends followed him, others wanted to play some pranks to some other students. You could know that they already started by the way some teachers had started complaining about ‘some Gryffindor trouble-makers’.

Alfred stepped into his room and inmediately jump onto his bed. It was good that all of his things were already on place, and he didn’t really have to do anything. After a few minutes, he glanced at his owl’s cage. His poor owl must have hated being in a cage for so long. Opening it carefully, he let it out and petted him. Eagle (shut up, that’s an awesome name) was to be trusted, after all. He could be out for days, but he’d always come back when needed.

Sadly, there wasn’t much that he could do alone in the dormitories. Maybe he should have gone to play some pranks with his friends. Well, everyone should be in the common room at that time, probably even Arthur finished showing the first years the place, so with that in mind, he went downstairs to see the others.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:24 am

Having successfully arrived back to the Gryffindor common room eventually,
( eventually because one first year had wandered off from the back of the group) Arthur then pointed out the correct dormitories to the first years and then decided to head towards his own to get out of his school robes. The common room fireplace was lit and the room wonderfully warm.

Arthur headed up to his own room and found the trunk with all his belongings in. He removed his robe, jumper and tie, folded them neatly and headed back down to the common room.

The common room was alive with chatter, laughter and paper planes flying around the room. Arthur had spotted his group and began heading towards them when he was stopped by two boys, both grinning excitedly.

"Do you know when the quidditch try-outs are going to be?" One of them asked, Arthur recognized them as both year 9's but wasn't sure of names. No manners, he thought to himself.

"I'm sorry lads, but you need to speak to the quidditch captain and I am not him!" He replied, politely. But still the two lads gave him odd looks.

"We saw you sitting with him on the train, so we thought you knew!" The other said, frowning. Arthur sighed.

"The try-outs weren't mentioned I'm afraid. You'll have to go find and ask him about it!" He frowned when both of then looked at him hesitantly. "You're going to have to be a lot braver than that, if you going to try out for quidditch!"

They gave him a rather hopeful look and at that point he realized, they wanted HIM to find Alfred. He knew as prefect that he couldn't refuse, so with another sigh, he began looking around for Alfred. He spotted him not too far away laughing with his friends.

"Alfred!" He called, hoping the other would hear him over the noise of the room.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Information runs fast. That’s what Alfred realized when a lot of people turned to look at him when he went downstairs to the common room. Surely he expected being the center of attention for a while, but he didn’t expect that. Some of his team members walked towards him to congratulate him, and some girls approached him to cling to his arms. Others were already asking for information; how to get to the team or when will the tryouts be. He felt his head spinning for a while, and couldn’t really say anything to the questions besides “not yet”.

It took some minutes, but people eventually stopped surrounding him, probably losing their interest in him... for now (which was relieving, if he had to admit it). Now, don’t misunderstand him. He loved attention, but that had been a little bit too much.

It didn’t end there though, because some of his friends took the advantage to tease him. Being in the Quidditch team had some advantages, one of them was being popular, but being Captain was different. It was just like being Prefect, Head Boy or Head Girl; suddenly everyone had their eyes on you, for good or bad.

After some minutes, he heard someone calling his name. Oh, not again, he thought. He was surprised, though, when he looked at the place where the voice came from and spotted Arthur.

“Artie!” He said and walked to him. He hadn’t even noticed the two other guys who were with him until they started talking.

“Jones-uhm... Captain!” Said one of them, getting Alfred’s attention.

“Uh... yes?” He wasn’t sure if he had seen those guys before. Maybe once or twice in the common room, but that had been all. They looked younger than him, but not by much, maybe third years? By the way they called him Captain, he was suspecting what the were going to ask though.

“When are the Quidditch tryouts?” Asked the other guy, and Alfred confirmed his suspicions. It seemed like a lot of people were going to ask that. But that was good! That meant people were interested in winning the cup that year.

“Probably in a few weeks! Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to tell everyone, and maybe you could start practicing, if you don’t want to lose time!” He said, grinning at them.That seemed to be enough to convince them, because those two guys left after saying thanks to him.

“So... I guess they’re not your friends or anything” Said Alfred, chuckling. “Part of your new duties?” It had been pretty obvious. It was good though, that Arthur was taking his job that seriously, even with little things like that. “How was it? I mean, guiding the first years”

He immediately started telling him his experience when he got to the common room. Probably, or at least hopefully, Arthur wouldn't tease him like his friends did. Not like he wouldn't mind much though, because he had always teased Arthur.

(( So sorry for the long delay ;A; Since I started my job, I got home dead tired and with zero inspiration. This is actually not good >> but I wanted to post a reply ;u; ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Arthur watched the two lads leave, both talking animatedly about which positions they wanted on the team.

He then considered answering Alfred’s question, if Alfred hadn’t immediately began telling him about everything that had happened to him since he got to the common room. It seemed everyone harassing him about quidditch tryouts were about the only exciting thing going on currently. As Alfred ended his rant with an ‘… an now those guys following you as well…’, Arthur laughed a little.

“Yes, well apparently us being seated together on the train automatically means I know your life story!” He sighed a lot then continued on, “My duties were easy enough though, just as expected and minimal trouble!”

He laughed a little awkwardly as he was a little unsure what to say after that. Well, he could just say something to offend him, he supposed, but that would only dent this new found pleasantry between them. So he could only splutter a few words before settling on a “Well, um, have a pleasant evening and I’ll talk to you later or in the morning I guess!”

With that he gave an awkward smile and headed in the direction of his group of friends. Who again apologised for their going on without him on the train, and him having to suffer the rants of Alfred Jones.

“Oh, he’s not so bad!” Arthur had replied quietly, a small smile on his face.

This is only caused confusion. But Arthur thought nothing of it, instead he thought of how he was supposed to get past the awkward feeling he now got whenever he conversed with Alfred. Again, he supposed he could just throw insults to cover it up, but he had already decided that would not be of much use.

Well… It would a little, he supposed. After all, he wouldn't completely change his personality... even if they were trying to get along.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

It was funny how a simple conversation, a simple moment that neither of them expected to have (because really, Arthur Kirkland and Alfred F. Jones sharing the train cabin was definitely something that neither of them expected) could change things that much. Suddenly they went from almost enemies to best friends forever, and it wasn’t like people didn’t know they weren’t on bad terms before, they knew! And even so, they now thought they were friends and that Arthur knew everything about Alfed and viceversa.

“Yeah! You’re suddenly my best friend in their eyes!” Alfred said, nodding and listening to Arthur’s story. “That’s great, man! As expected from the next Head Boy, huh?”

He laughed as well, not sure of what to say next. They actually didn’t know much about each other, the little they knew was what they learnt on the train, and little chat (which was mostly teasing from Alfred’s side) that they had here and then. But he did want to know more about Arthur, because he seemed to be a cool guy once you knew him better.

(And he had tried to get to know him better for years, but Alfred wanted to ignore that fact.)

“Oh, right!” He was a little bit disappointed when Arthur decided to leave, but then he perked up at the last thing he said. “Sure! I’ll see you tomorrow then!”

Alfred saw him going to his friends and glanced over to where his friends were just a few minutes ago. Well, it seemed that they had already left so he decided to go to bed. There wasn’t many things he could do at that time after all.

The next morning was hard for Alfred... just like every other day. He definitely wasn’t a morning person and needed to get some food in his system to be able to wake up completely. He was basically a zombie until he ate breakfast. It helped that he slept well though, so it wasn’t as bad as it usually was.

After some minutes, he put on his glases and jumped out of bed. He had a routine, saying good morning to Eagle. It was as his owl knew when Alfred woke up and was waiting for him on the window to get some pets. After doing that, he wandered around until he decided to change clothes and get ready.

“Oh hey, guys!” He greeted some of his friends, who were getting ready too and looked way more tired than him. Who knew what they had been up to at night, knowing them, it couldn’t be anything good.

Later, Alfred got downstairs from the tower and went to the common room. He still had a few minutes to spend there and be on time for his first class. He said hi to some other people, and a couple of guys approached him to ask about the tryouts again, to what he gave them the same reply he had been giving all of that time. It wasn’t until they left that he spotted Arthur and walked to him.

“Artie~! Morning!”
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:42 am

It was nice to be back into the normal school routine, Arthur decided, as he dressed for the day. Having already washed, he completed the dressing routine by pulling on his school robes and pinning his prefect badge to his grey jumper. It was still too early for most to be up, so Arthur usually sat down by the common room fireplace reading a book until he started to get hungry. Less interruption that way.

Having quietly walked down the common room, Arthur sat by the newly lit fireplace and began reading. A few other Gryffindor students up and about.

About half an hour later, Arthur heard questions asked about the quidditch tryouts and Alfred's voice giving the same answer as the evening before. How unusual for him to up this early, still Arthur grinned at the tiredness in his voice. Ah, morning. It could even quiet the usual loud and hyper Alfred Jones.

The shuffle of feet walked up behind him and a morning greeting came from that tired yet happy voice. That bloody nickname still, no matter how many times he told him. Arthur bookmarked the page he was at and turned to greet him with a sigh.

“Good morning! Alfred for the hundredth time… must you call me by that name? How would like it if I started to call you…. Alf…. Or Alfie!” He looked for any signs of irritation (really, Alfred Jones, irritated. Unlikely) and decided to call him by whichever appeared to annoy him most.

But knowing Alfred, neither would irritate him.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 am

Admittedly, Alfred was still sleepy and not his usual self, at least not yet, but that would change when he got some food. He was awake enough to do something he always did, though: to annoy Arthur. He didn’t really mean to annoy him, but teasing him was always fun, and he can’t picture a good friendship without some well-intentioned teasing!

“Of course! I know that you love it, even if you don’t admit it~” He said, teasing him and laughing. He couldn’t remind when he started calling him like that. It started as something to annoy him a little bit (Arthur flushed red the first time he did it), but then he just called him like that the entire time. It was useful, because there was no way that Arthur would ignore him if he called him ‘Artie’. He stopped laughing when he called him ‘Alfie’ though. “W-what? That’s not okay, Artie, Alfie sounds like... a kid’s name! And I’m a grown up!” He wasn’t upset, but he preferred not being called like that, because it sounded like those names his mother called him.

(But thinking about it, Arthur always acted like a mother hen, right?)

After a while, Alfred noticed the book Arthur had been reading and wondered what it was about. It was their first day of class, they didn’t even had their schedules and he was probably already studying! But that was another of his traits, right? Arthur was always reading, and thus always getting the best grades.

“So... what are you reading?” Asked Alfred, with a honestly curious tone. He just couldn’t understand how Arthur could do it. Reading was... okay. There were some good books, books that told stories about the heroes of the wizarding world! But that was basically all of what Alfred liked to read. Maybe there were other books he could like, but he didn’t know them, and the library was one of his least favourite places.

“Oh, right! Wanna go to the Great Hall now? Breakfast must be starting!” Alfred didn’t give him much option, because just a few seconds after, he started pulling him out of the Common Room. He wasn’t the kind of person to wait or to give people other options, after all. He was needing food by this point, and well, first breakfast of the year also meant they would get their schedules and he was excited for that! Would he have a class with Arthur? From what he could gather, they had some matching classed, but schedules didn’t always match.

The way to the Great Hall was filled with an awkward silence, and silences weren’t nice for Alfred, so he started babbling about the first thing that came to his mind. “You think we’ll have classes together? That’d be awesome! I just hope I don’t have classes with those Slytherins, they’re always making troubles and seeking fights with us!” And he had fallen into their traps once or twice. For his luck, he had won those duels, but both houses ended up losing points. “Teachers should understand though! It’s not like we want to have duels with them, but we can’t just let them think we’re chickens! It’s like... a house pride thing!”
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:26 am

Arthur grinned a little as Alfred complained of his own name calling. “Well, it serves you right, Mr Jones. Maybe you'll stop calling me Artie now?” It was useless to say so. He knew Alfred, and knew that annoying him was one thing Alfred just did. Ever since first year.

“Oh,” Arthur showed Alfred the cover of the book, revealing the study book of this years Defense Against the Dark lesson, “I'm guessing you haven't flicked through your own copy just yet, yes?”

Arthur was hoping to get another rise out of him, the nickname calling had been much fun and it was nice for Alfred to get how annoying it was. But obviously, his comments went right over Alfred's flicked up bit of hair and right into space, seeing as the next minute the other grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the common room. Something about breakfast.

Why could he not drag his own friends around, like normal.

Arthur acted on this thought by pulling his arm out of Alfred's grasp. “Oh no doubt we'll have classes together. We have similar subjects, so I assume so. As for Slytherins..” He said, with a little distaste, earning a few dirty looks from passing Slytherin students, “As I'm sure you've noticed, the teachers of this school seem to think if they keep putting us in the same lessons, we'll all suddenly be pals. But as you've also noticed, we all have way too much pride!”

Alfred grinned a little a that.

“And it's not always a good thing. But I suppose I can't be helped. This dislike goes back to Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin themselves!”

With that, they arrived at the great hall which was slowly filling with students. The tables were filled with all kinds of breakfast foods. Arthur took his seat at the table with Alfred, who was already filling his plate, and helped himself to tea and crumpets. He never liked to eat too much in the morning. He looked up to the teachers table and looked around for Professor McGonagall. She would handing out the timetables soon.

Buttering another crumpet, Arthur turned his attention back to Alfred with intention of talking but something else caught his attention, a tall Slytherin lad walking in their direction with a nasty grin on his face. As he got closer ,Arthur saw the glinting of a Quidditch Captain badge.

Oh bloody hell, so it begins already.

“I suppose I should thank the headmaster for giving the badge to some fifth year!” Said the guy, whose name had slipped Arthur's mind. Well he wasn't that important, “Beating Gryffindor will be much easier this year, after all!”

(please accept my apology for lateness with long post *7*; <3)
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Weighing down both options, Alfred decided to go for the easier one: Keep calling Arthur ‘Artie’. It had been too long since he decided to call him like that trying to call him Arthur would be difficult. He’d just forget to do it. And Alfie wasn’t that bad, right? Except that it was the name his mother used, of course. “But you know you love it, Artie, and that I’m not going to stop, even if you call me silly names like that~”

He looked at the cover of the book, but didn’t really recognized it until Arthur told him which book was. Blinking, he stared between Arthur and the book. Was he supposed to even look at his books before the classes started? Even more, was he supposed to check his book in his break? Nobody did that! Well, except the Ravenclaws, and some weird people like Arthur, it seemed. “Woah! You’re studying since now?! Dude, why?! I understand now how you’re one of the best students here though!” He said as a sort of compliment. That must be one of the reasons why the teachers loved Arthur that much, and why they expected so much from him.

When they started walking to the Great Hall, Alfred noticed that he probably was getting some weird looks from people who knew him, but who cared? He could do anything he wanted! And Alfred was the kind of person who could stick to almost anyone.

(Except Slytherins, and especially that big guy, Ivan, from the Slytherin team.)

“It doesn’t make sense though! I mean, you can’t just put Gryffindors and Slytherins together and hope they’re going to be best friends!” He said, pouting a little bit, but glad that Arthur thought the same as him. “Anyway, I still hope I don’t have classes with them... or maybe DADA, you know, so we can have duels and I could kick their asses!”

There wasn’t much else said in their way to the Great Hall, and when they got there, Alfred practically rushed to get a place. Some people had already started eating, and he wanted to make sure that he’d get enough food for himself. One of the things he liked the most about Hogwarts was its food. There was always enough delicious food for everyone! Sure they were some things that look plain weird (for a guy that lived in the muggle world like him, at least), but usually, everything was delicious.

Alfred didn’t really pay attention to other things while he was eating, always too busy in his own world, or maybe listening to what his friends (or this time, Arthur) told him, but he heard that. He felt his blood boiling at those words, and he felt the need to take out his wand from his robe and make sure those filthy Slytherins regretted saying something like that. He was young, that’s true, younger than the other Captains too, but he was capable! If he wanted, he could make Gryffindor win this year’s cup. And oh, he wanted to, now more than ever. “You’re so sure of yourself...” He made a pause. “But laugh now, you know what they say, who laughs last, laughs best!”

“Oh, really? Aren’t you saying that because you know you’re just going to make your team lose?” Said the Slytherin Captain, trying to provoke him more.

If only the teachers weren’t around. He’d teach those Slytherins a lesson! But then again, even if the teachers were around, Alfred wasn’t the kind of person who would let others get away like that. But what could he gain from this? Besides maybe losing points, and thus, starting the year in the worst way possible.

“Let’s see who’s better in the field then. You’re going to have to take back your words!” He almost yelled at them, because they were already leaving, laughing at him. “Jerks... as if I would let them win so easily...” Pouting and mumbling things under his breathe, he decided to begin eating breakfast again, even if he wasn’t so hungry anymore. It felt terrible. He glanced at Arthur and wondered what he thought of this. Maybe he wouldn’t have been so keen on letting him challenge them to a duel, he wasn’t sure.

(( Same as you :'D Please take this long post as an apology for my lateness. ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next