Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why so serious?

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Why so serious? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why so serious?

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:17 am

He felt himself blush as his hero ran his thumb beneath his eyes. "A-are you sure? Are you not hurt anywhere?" He felt his heart beat faster as he took a closer look at his hero but he had to get away since he could already hear a lot of people coming their way.

Arthur felt ashamed of himself. Of course he wouldn't tell him. After all, who was he to him? He avoided Coyote Soldier's eyes as he got patted by him.

"Um, it's alright. I'm really sorry to have bothered you... and Thank you very much... for saving me." Arthur didn't know what else to do. If he stayed there, he'd be looking like a fool to everyone and that would be the last thing he wanted to do. And since he knew that Coyote Soldier was a hero, he didn't need someone like him to waste his time.

"Um, if you'll excuse me, I think it's time for me to get going. And, uh, Thanks again."

(I'm so sorry! Too many typos! ;_________;)

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:31 am

"No, wait, I-" The words tumbled out of Alfred's mouth before he could stop them, and he cursed himself internally. He didn't even know what he was going to say! "I mean, I, um- I just wanted to make sure you're not hurt anywhere. You're not, are you?"

Cameras were beginning to flash in the crowd now, and Alfred's face flushed when he realized just how close he was standing to Kirkland. If these were the pictures that made it into tomorrow's newspapers, there was going to be a lot of speculation going around about just what kind of guy Coyote Soldier was. He cleared his throat awkwardly and stepped away.

"If you ever need me again, call for me," he said, voice soft. "Shout or yell or signal and I'll be there right away." And he would. No matter what the problem was, he would be there to fix it. That's what he did, after all. It wasn't as though the fact that he was talking to Arthur Kirkland, a relatively attractive man, made it any different, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:44 am

Arthur was just about to turn around and walk away when Coyote Soldier asked him if he was alright.

"Yes. I am alright." Thanks to you...Arthur looked up and saw that he was really close to Coyote Soldier. He blushed and moved a step backwards. "T-Thanks, again! Now, I'm sorry but I really must be going." Arthur wanted to get out of there fast. The reporters were already trying to get pictures of the new hero, Coyote Soldier, and he didn't want to ruin it for him.

He blushed harder when Coyote Soldier called out to him and said that he'll be right there whenever Arthur needed him. He turned towards Coyote Soldier and gave him the most sincere smile that he could muster.

"Yes. Of course, my hero."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:57 am

My hero.

They were just two words, two simple, regular words, but they made Alfred's whole body bloom with warmth, and his smile felt as though it was about to split his face in two. No one had ever said that to him before- only those few articles which mentioned him saving cats from a burning building or stopping teenage punks from looting a store- and he found that he really liked it. Him, someone's hero. "Yeah," he mumbled, watching as Kirkland walked back towards the front doors of the Gazette building.

Then he was surrounded by people, some with cameras and notepads and microphones, and he lost sight of Kirkland through the crowd. But that was okay, because he would be going to his first day of work tomorrow, and Kirkland was his new boss.

He spent the next hour answering as many questions as he could while still keeping his identity under wraps. Only when he had forcefully told them that he had no more time did the crowd of reporters allow him to escape. He took all the back ways to his apartment, ducking down alleys and keeping out of view of the main roads. Once he was home, he stripped out of his uniform, threw on some comfortable sweatpants, and did his best to fashion a splint for his aching wrist. Finally, he settled down on his sofa and turned on the television. Saving lives was a lot more draining than he had expected.

Still, he thought with a small smile, at least he had a fantastic story for his first day of work tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 am

Arthur went back inside the building and tried to fix everything that was broken. It took him nearly 4 hours to get everything back to how it was supposed to be other than the walls and windows that were broken.

Arthur was tired. A lot of events happened today but he found himself smiling. He found a new worker, He got his stolen articles back and he got acquainted with the new superhero in town, Coyote Soldier. He wonders if he could meet him again. Probably not, since he is not the only person in the world that needs to be saved.

He stood up and made himself a cup of tea. He took a sip and he started to work once more. After a while, he got really dizzy.

"Maybe... I should take a short break..." Arthur yawned and he slowly closed his eyes. "Yes... Just a little break." He fell asleep.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 am

Alfred woke up the next morning with a happy smile and an aching wrist. Luckily it wasn't too bruised or swollen, so it was likely just a sprain, not a break. That was good- he would have hated going in to the hospital and having to make up a lie to tell the doctor.

He quickly got himself ready for work, throwing on a suit and his favorite tie, the one patterned with tiny eagles. Making sure to grab a pair of glasses- he had several, just in case he needed to toss one aside like he had the day before- he snatched up a briefcase and his camera, and made his way out of his apartment and into the parking garage. His motorbike was right where he'd left it.

The ride to the Gazette building was relatively quick, as he had a tendency to ride his bike illegally around the cars and taxis stuck in traffic. He waved at the people who honked at him, and ignored any shouts or threats. After stopping at a small bakery for a donut and coffee, he parked his bike in the Gazette's lot and paused to straighten out his suit. It wouldn't do to show up on his first day looking like a fool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:35 am

Arthur felt uncomfortable. His body feels like it has run over by a car and his head hurts really badly. He looked opened his eyes and saw that it was already 5:00 in the morning. WHAT?! 6:00 IN THE MORNING?! THAT CAN'T BE! Arthur panicked. Office hours start at 8:00! This was not going well for him.

He immediately ran towards the elevator and went out of the building. He hailed a taxi cab and went home to his own house so that he could brush his teeth, bathe and get a change of clothing. Once everything was done, he hailed another taxi cab and went back to the office.

He arrived at exactly 8:00. Arthur panted. Well that wasn't how I planned to start the morning... Arthur wished he had some tea to drink and some biscuits to munch on but there was no time left.

He ignored his stomach and focused on his paperwork. This is going to be a long day...

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:48 am

"Mr. Kirkland?" Alfred knocked on his new boss' door before cracking it open and peering inside. He couldn't exactly do much work until he knew what he was supposed to do and where his desk was situated. Hopefully Kirkland wouldn't recognize him as Coyote Soldier now that he wasn't wearing the uniform.

When he took a look at Kirkland's face, though, Alfred winced. The man looked as though he'd slept on the floor all night. "Um, sir?" And then he heard a loud grumble. He glanced down at his own stomach, surprised- he'd just eaten a huge donut!

... But it wasn't him. The stomach growled again, and Alfred glanced up at Kirkland's uncomfortable expression. "Mr. Kirkland, have you eaten anything today? Your stomach doesn't sound very happy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 am

"O-Oh!, J-Jones! You're here already? That's good..." He wasn't feeling well at all. He blushed as Jones reminded him that he hasn't eaten dinner and breakfast.

"Uh, I'm sorry. It's nothing to worry about, really! And uh, for now... I guess you could go and work on any article that you would like...and by the way, your workplace is the room on the left beside this one. I expect at least one article every week. Are there any complaints?" Arthur tried his best to sound normal but he failed miserably. His body still hurt, He still feels dizzy and He was really hungry too. But he couldn't let that stop him from working. And besides, after four more hours, he could go out and buy himself some food.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:12 am

Now that he looked closer, Kirkland didn't look good at all. In fact, he looked kind of like he was about to pass out. Alfred hurried forward and bent down to peer into Kirkland's face. "Sir, I think you need something to eat, pronto."

He shoved his hand into his pocket, fishing around for his wallet. Oh, good, he still had a twenty tucked in there. "What do you want, sir? I'll run down to the bakery and grab you something." His gaze met Kirkland's evenly from behind his glasses, and his tone held no room for argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:24 am

"Oh, no. Please don't mind me. I'll be fine." He smiled. That was strange. He normally didn't smile around people especially when he's feeling like and he would normally shout at them and tell them to fuck off and leave him alone. He knows that other employees talk about him behind his back and that they only want to get on his good side. Maybe, Jones was one of them. He can't really trust anyone...

"Just... get back to work, Jones. I've done this even before you've entered this company." He tried to argue but that look Jones gave him seemed to say that he wouldn't take any objections. So, eventually, he agreed.

"O-okay. You win. Uh, you don't have to go and run to the store... I could go there by myself." Arthur didn't want Jones to waste his time on him when he could go and buy food on his own.

"You should go to work. Thank you for your concern but I think I can manage."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:34 am

Alfred chuckled. "No way, Mr. Kirkland. I know a few guys like you. The minute I turn around and walk out of here, you'll just go right back to your work and still won't get anything to eat." He waved his wallet beneath Kirkland's nose. "Besides, even if you did try and go down there yourself, you'd probably pass out."

Still smiling, Alfred stepped back towards the door, keeping his gaze locked on Kirkland. "Come on, tell me what you want. You're the boss after all- I have to make sure you stay fit and ready to work."

Then his memory flitted back to the day before, and he found himself recalling the sight of Kirkland's flushed face and soft smile, and then those two simple words he had said. Alfred glanced away from his boss, suddenly embarrassed."U-unless, of course, you wanted to come with me? I could keep an eye on you and call the ambulance if you pass out."

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:19 am

Arthur pouted. How could he be so smart? Normally, people would leave him alone after that but this guy is different. Maybe, he really does want me to eat? Maybe, he cares for me? Even just a little bit? Arthur flushed pink and smiled as he thought of why Jones would try to convince him to eat.

His smile faded when Jones said that he was the boss and it was his job to do these things. That's right, it was only a job. Nothing more. He should really stop imagining things that would never happen. To think that he and Jones could be friends. That was absurd. Jones was a happy guy with a social life. Why would he want to be friends with a grouchy old man like him?

Arthur noticed that the way Jones spoke changed when he asked him if he wanted to go with him. He didn't want to let Jones buy him some food just because he was the boss... and he did want to get to know the young man so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

"I-I'll come with you...". His face flushed pink and looked away from Jones' gaze. "B-but! I-It's not like I want to know you... or be with you! It's just that... It's just that I think it's not fair if I let my employees use their own money for my sake!"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Kirkland's flushed face was... well, very interesting. Alfred found his eyes roving across it even as his lips maintained their joyful, and somewhat victorious, smile. The way the pink tint slid across the bridge of Kirkland's nose, highlighting what might have been freckles, the deep furrow of Kirkland's thick brows, the full pout of Kirkland's lips... They were all small things, which on someone else might have looked ridiculous. On Kirkland, though, Alfred found them mesmerizing.

"That's good. I like a boss who doesn't try to take advantage of his workers." He grinned, most of the embarrassment from before evaporating in the face of his tiny victory. It was certainly nothing that could be compared to what he had done the day before, under the mantle of Coyote Soldier, but it was still good, still meaningful.

He made for the door, pausing to gesture for Kirkland to step out into the hallway before him. "We're going to the Banner Cafe, if that's good with you? They have this new smoothie there, some kind of funky green thing, that I've been dying to try. And the chef there makes the best pastries you'll ever taste."

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Just when he thought his face would return to normal, his face flushed again when Jones opened the door for him. Dammit! When will he stop doing that?! Stupid American and his stupid smile! Arthur looked away as he stood up from his desk and walked towards Jones.

"Oh, sure. It's fine with me. As long as I'd get something to eat, I suppose..." Arthur went outside of the room and waited for Jones to lead the way. Arthur had no problem with eating sweets but he really wished that the Cafe served English tea. Arthur's eyes widened as Jones said that he wanted some funky green smoothie. "How about you, Jones? Have you already eaten?" If Jones hadn't eaten yet, then everything would be fine. They'd eat breakfast together so Jones wouldn't be watching him eat the whole time they were there.

As they walked towards the cafe, Arthur stopped in front of a store that sold stuffed animals. There, he saw an adorable unicorn plushie. He stared at it, admiring it for a little while then he remembered that still needed to go to the Cafe with Jones.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:19 am

"Yeah, I've already eaten a little, but that doesn't mean I'll turn down a chance to eat again." Alfred shoved his hands into his pockets, wincing a little when his wrist bent. He'd kept the make-shift splint on, but maybe he should have tightened it up before leaving for work.

Alfred didn't immediately notice that Kirkland had stopped, and walked a few feet further along the sidewalk before noticing that he no longer had a companion. He halted his steps and looked back. Kirkland was standing in front of what appeared to be some kind of children's store, and was staring at a plush toy in the front window. Alfred moved closer, trying to get a better look. A... unicorn? Well, that was certainly unexpected, but who was he to judge? In fact, he couldn't help but think it was sort of adorable. He kept his thoughts to himself, but couldn't stop his grin.

"Come on, sir, the cafe's just around the corner."

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:32 am

Oh, so Jones had already eaten. Arthur noticed that Jones winced as he put his hand in his pocket. He didn't know whether he should bring it up since it was none of his business.

He flinched a little when Jones called for his attention. "Uh, right! I'm coming!" He quickly turned around and walked towards Jones.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I saw a unicorn..." Arthur blushed. "B-but! I-it's not because I like it! It's... my brother's birthday next week! And since he loves unicorns, I thought that I should get him that!" He quickly lied. Arthur was afraid that maybe Jones would be disgusted if he found out that he secretly loved unicorns so he avoided all eye-contact with him as they walked all the way to the cafe.

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:57 am

Alfred snickered but said nothing. He wasn't stupid- he knew that Kirkland had been looking at that unicorn for himself, not for any so-called younger brother. It wasn't really any of his business, though, so he decided not to tease Kirkland about it. He didn't want to lose his job on the first day.

Finally they came to the cafe. Alfred stopped outside for a moment, peering up at the building. It was small, only two stories high, with the second floor being some kind of living space, it seemed. Between the first and second row of windows sat a hand-painted sign. Banner Cafe, it read proudly in vibrant green paint.

The bell above the door tinkled lightly as they stepped inside. Alfred immediately made his way over to the counter, bending down to peer inside the clear front at all the pastries being offered that morning. Cheese danishes, lemon squares, cinnamon buns, donuts, muffins... They had everything! It was always so hard to decide. He pulled himself back upright and grinned at the cashier across the counter. "Morning again, Bruce."

"Back already?" Bruce smiled tiredly. "What'll it be this time?"

Alfred rubbed at his chin thoughtfully. "How about... One of those green smoothie things- make it a large- and a cheese danish." He turned to Arthur. "And what about you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 am

Arthur was scared. Maybe Jones really was disgusted with him? He didn't even comment on the excuse that he made. Arthur just kept quiet as Jones led the way.

When Jones stopped, he looked up to see that they were there already. Banner Cafe. Arthur looked around as he followed Jones to the Cashier. He noticed how friendly these two are with each other so that must mean that Jones comes here regularly.

Arthur flinched when Jones turned to him and asked him what he would like to eat. "Tea, if you have it."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:20 am

Bruce raised his eyebrows. "We've got tea. What kind do you want?" He gestured up towards the signboard behind him. There was a rather long list beneath the 'Tea' category.

"And you have to eat something, too." Alfred ran his gaze along Kirkland's form for a moment, taking in his slimness, and the unnatural pale tint his skin was still showing. "I mean, you really don't look so good."

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 am

Arthur was surprised at how much tea is served in this place. "I'll have the Earl Grey tea, please."

Arthur blushed. Was Jones worried that about him? "O-Oh, that's right! That's why we're here for, aren't we?" Arthur looked away from Jones and instead, looked at the pastries being served. He didn't know what they tasted like so he didn't know what he wanted.

"Um..." He turned to Jones. He didn't want to be a bother but since Jones comes here often, he should know what would taste good. "What do you recommend?"

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:42 am

"The cinnamon buns," Alfred said immediately. He grinned and rubbed at his chin again. "Then again... I also really like the donuts here. Chocolate glazed is good, and the strawberry jelly, oh and the powdered sugar and cinnamon. The danishes are killer, too."

Bruce punched in the tea order and cast a disbelieving look at Alfred. "I don't think you're helping your friend much."

Pausing in his tirade, Alfred glanced over at Kirkland again. "I guess you're right. Well..." He ran through the list of options in his mind again, and finally settled upon one. "Apple cinnamon muffin. It seems like your kind of thing." Not that he really knew what Kirkland's kind of thing was, after knowing him for less than a day, but still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 am

Arthur blinked as Jones suggested a lot of things that he should eat. He started to think that Jones might not be able to help him at all and leave him to choose what he should eat.

Thankfully, the Cashier made a comment about Jones not helping him much. Arthur chuckled as he watched Jones think of a pastry for him to eat.

Apple Cinnamon Muffin? He didn't know what that was but since Jones went through all of this trouble just to get him something to eat, he'd go along with it.

"Um, I'll have the Apple Cinnamon Muffin please."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:57 am

Bruce nodded, punching that into the register as well. "So, your total comes to ten fifty two. Are you splitting the bill or-"

"I've got it," Alfred interrupted. He dug out his wallet once again and shoved his twenty dollar bill down onto the counter, before turning to grin at Kirkland. "I know you didn't want me to pay, but this just means you can treat tomorrow, yeah?" Bruce handed him his change and the two pastries, and Alfred motioned for them to go and take a seat at one of the nearby tables to wait for their drinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Damsey Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:15 am

Arthur was about to open his wallet when Jones suddenly interrupted the Cashier from talking and shoved a twenty dollar bill on the counter. Arthur was about to object but then he stopped when Jones grinned at him.

Arthur blushed as Jones said that he can treat him tomorrow. What did he mean by that? Was Jones asking him to go eat with him tomorrow? He didn't mind because he always ate alone... or was he just over-analyzing things? Was he serious? Or was he making fun of him? He didn't know so he just kept quiet and gave Jones a nod.

Arthur followed Jones to the table where he motioned for them to go. He took a seat in front of Jones and took the Apple Cinnamon Muffin. He looked at Jones and gave him a smile.

"Thank you."

Damsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum