Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once Upon A Tale

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Once Upon A Tale - Page 3 Empty Re: Once Upon A Tale

Post by Ghost Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 am

Well, that was redundant. Arthur wondered what possessed him to melt the ice of all things. Couldn't he have thought of creating a ring of fire instead?

She was his guardian...? This was so confusing, Arthur didn't know what to think. He supposed that he had to ask Alfred to explain later, should either of them ever survive this ordeal. He began to think of a counter spell as she raised her wand, only to be interrupted by Alfred's return to consciousness. The lad recovers fast, he noted.

The woman was pleading one second and drowning in her own blood filling her lungs the next - and the claws slid out of her body with a slick, squelching sound that had Arthur's stomach twisting in revulsion. The demon leered at Alfred and Arthur, focusing intensely on the former.

What was he to do? In all his life, he had never thought that he would even see a demon, let alone be in one's presence. Nothing his master taught would prepare him should they engage in combat against the unholy being. He licked his lips nervously, waiting for the next move to be made - and this time, perhaps he could come up with something better than melting ice.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

The demon chucked, “Don’t worry witch, my business here is done.”

It kicked the corpse, grinning at finally ending the life below. Alfred stared, frozen in one place. Blood flowed onto the ground around his adopted mother. His only family left, dead. He ran away thinking she’ll never chase him. She did and died as his punishment. Mother loved him and he did love her too. But she hid being a witch, keeping others far away. Is Mother hiding more things from him?

He ran to the dead body, kneeing down in near it. He started shaking her, pleading her in his mind to wake up. Doesn’t this bring back memories? A dead corpse of a woman and you trying to wake her?

Alfred grabbed his head in pain, getting blood in his locks. He screamed as the previous nightmare flashed in his eyes. The demon laughed once again, disappearing from the seen.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 am

Arthur did not trust himself to speak one word. A woman have just died in front of him, he just met a demon and Alfred... Alfred was running to the woman and begging her to get back up, please...

Then he screamed and Arthur lurched forward. His instincts told him to hug Alfred and hug him he did, casting his staff to the side and enveloping him in his arms. "Hush," he muttered, what was he supposed to say? "Alfred, come on, we have to leave. We cannot stay any longer, we have to go. Alfred, please..."

Arthur hoped it was working - his master had frequently used soothing words to calm Arthur down, and he was trying his best to imitate so. He thought about the future - it was likely he would be unable to reside in his cabin anymore. The villagers would attempt another witch hunt and Alfred will not be around forever. He also had to report the death of Alfred's guardian to the Council - they would want to know that a demon had killed and hopefully offer protection against it to Alfred.

He smiled grimly - his master won't be eating wurst after all when he comes back.

((Hey, I had a bit of a problem irl XD sorry for the delay!))

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Alfred wept like a child as his mind played the nightmare. Behind closed eyes, the corpse was a wheat blonde hair woman. The identical color hair as him, not Mother who had brown. Her dead body back side up, so he couldn’t catch a glimpse of her eyes.

Suddenly he felt arms envelop around him, hugging him. He clung to Arthur, face against his chest. Alfred didn’t want to leave; he didn’t want to leave her here. But they needed to dash faraway from here. Nodding, he steadily stood up, rushing out of the village. Extra tears flowed down. Good-Bye, Mother.

((it's fine.))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

He tugged Alfred behind him, walking at a furious pace towards his cabin. His cauldron would have to stay, unfortunately, as well as the gardens. Perhaps Wy would tend to it for him, and keep Peter from wreaking havoc onto the newly planted Mandrakes. He supposed he could bring a few spell books along, and some food supplies that would at least last them a day or two.

Leaving Alfred by the door, he quickly grabbed a haversack, a few sets of clothes and the said spell books. He hastily scribbled down a note for Wy to find, telling her where to find the rest of the milk and honey, and magicked it out to the garden. Finally, after his haversack was stuffed full, he returned to Alfred.

"Alfred," he said gently. "Let's go."

With that last words, he left his home for good.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Alfred didn’t have any provisions, so he waited for Arthur. The majority of what he grabbed before leaving the farm was lost the first time Tony ran. No food, no spare clothes. Only thing he had left were a few bucks he snuck in his pocket.

His eyes force on the ground, wondering. Maybe he should have stayed at the farm. Mother would be still live and his head wouldn’t throb in pain. Though his chest will still hurt.

Following Arthur, he wondered where they are going. Were they going the same direction to Caledonia? Or a different route? “A-Arthur, where are we going?”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:47 am

"Caledonia," he replied tersely. "If we move fast we'll reach by sunset."

He noticed, rather unnervingly that Alfred was silent - but honestly, what could he do? They had only met recently, and were not that close; in fact, he knew next to nothing about this stranger who saved him. He quickened his pace, hoping to minimize the amount of time spent in uncomfortable silence.

But his pace was certainly not quick enough to reach Caledonia within the next few minutes, so he slowed down. "Alfred," he finally said. "I won't ask you about your connection to that woman. I just want you to know that when we reach, I'll be heading to the Council as soon as possible - first, to report her death. And that demon, they need to know of a demon's presence in this realm..."

He chanced a look at Alfred. "If... If you want, perhaps they can take you under protection from this demon." It was not foolproof - there has been some suspicious incidents regarding the Council's decisions, but it was an option nonetheless.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 pm

“Council?” Witches had to talk to a higher authority? So they did have laws with magic. Wait, did Mother ever when to the Council? Then his thoughts paused. Protection? But how will they protect him? He didn’t want to see the demon again. Something deep inside said no, he needed to be free.“U-Um, I-I don’t know.”
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:36 am

"Yes, the Council," Arthur smiled humourlessly. "It's mostly hush-hush though, but since you've been in the care of a witch I thought it best you know." Besides, the Council at Caledonia was not the main branch, but he had to report to it nonetheless.

"It's fine," Arthur sighed, "by the time we reach Caledonia, it will be too late to go. You have until sunrise to make a decision." Not that he wanted Alfred to stay, but... Dare he admit it, he enjoyed his company. And spending time with someone after you saved each other's lives twice or so was bound to leave some attachment, right...?

What if Alfred decided to stay with the Council? Where would Arthur go? There was always finding a new home and establishing a business there, but something told him it wasn't what he wanted. But then what?

It looked like Alfred was not the only one who had to decide.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:27 pm

“O-Oh.” The rest of the walk to Caledonia, Alfred remained silent, lagging behind. He didn’t know what to stay. It was staying with the Council, being alone by himself or… maybe he possibly be with Arthur? He had no one too, right? As they reached Caledonia, he still couldn’t come up with an answer. "Arthur, can we stay someplace first? We should get some rest before going to the Council."
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Arthur nodded distractedly. "Yes, we should. I know a cheap inn around here, somewhere..." It was indeed too late, the sun having begun its descent down past the horizon, the orange sunset casting all sorts of shadows and lights about the ground. They entered the city just as the sky went completely dark, and Arthur led them about and in between alleys and narrow lanes.

"Ludwig!" He called out as he pushed the door open. "Ludwig, are you still here?"

"Guten Abend, Arthur."

Suddenly, a lamp was lit up and the whole place was illuminated. Ludwig stood by the stairs, his face as stern and sharp as ever. He strode over to them, closing the door. "It has been a long time," he said quietly, "What brings you over today? And who is your companion?" There was a quick flash over emotions in his eyes as he asked, more urgently, "Do you have any news of my brother?"

Arthur shook his head. "I've been ousted from the village," he explained. "Master... Hasn't come back yet."

There was disappointment in Ludwig's face as he turned away. "The second floor is open," he said, voice neutral. "Have a good rest."

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Alfred continued to shadow Arthur up the stairs to the second floor. Arthur probably wanted to sleep alone in a bed tonight, he thought. What is he going to say? “Um…?”

Then he dashed into an empty room. He flopped on bed, face first in the pillows. Alfred was exhausted from running away for two days. He kind of wanted to ask who the man was but he didn’t. His stomach growled. Oh great, he hadn’t eaten since the morning.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Arthur was surprised when Alfred made to say something but instead dashed into a room by himself. He reasoned that the boy must be tired, and with the death of that woman he could not blame him. He quietly went into another open room, putting his haversack down before returning downstairs where Ludwig sat alone in the kitchen. 

"Ludwig..." he started, but then was at a loss for words. Both men had gotten along at a cordial level, but beyond that there was no attachment save for his master, Ludwig's brother. He lapsed back into silence, watching as the inn keeper stood up to make a pot of tea. 

"If I remember correctly, he went to Vertedge," Ludwig said casually. "A long time friend of his requested for his help."

"Vertedge?" Arthur frowned. Vertedge was all the way across the continent, a fair few months away. It was not the capital, but it was quite the tourist's spot indeed. "Who called for him?"

"Duke Bonnefoy, I believe." He poured some tea into a cup and offered it to Arthur, who took it and drank gratefully. There would be another time to grouch over the how the tea was boiled. "I don't know much, save for this. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Arthur returned. "Perhaps... I will look for him. He has no sense of curfew at all."

Ludwig quirked the corner of his lip up into a half-smile before excusing himself to retire for the night. Arthur closed his eyes, enjoying the weak scent of tea and the silence of the room. 

Tomorrow was going to be a busy day, he thought as he returned to his room. 

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:15 pm

During the night, Alfred slept curled up in a ball on the bed, blankets covering him. The room was cold. The exhaustion has been taking its toll again these past two days. Tony ran away again, Mother is dead and Artie lost his home. This was his entire fault, he should have obeyed Mother. He shivered to sleep, still thinking that over and over again.

The room got colder as a familiar voice talked. Alfred, oh my Alfie, I am so sorry I left you. I guess I couldn’t hide you for long. Especially when you’re so much just like your real mother, couldn’t keep her in one place for long. Amelia, I wish she can see you, how much you grown. I don’t have long, so a came to warn you. Stay way from the Council. If they find out about your forgotten past, then you’re life will end up like yours brother. Same goes for the demons. Trust no one. Both groups are the reason why I hid you. There more to you than meets the eyes.

Alfred felt something warm touch his cheek. I love you Alfie, you will always be the son that I love, even though I never gave birth to you.

The room was warm again as he open his eyes, seeing the sunlight fill the room. Tear flew down his face. Wiping the tears off his face with his arms, Alfred thought to himself, I got to be strong now. For myself and for Artie. Hastily he dashed out of bed, out of the room and in to Arthur‘s room. Cheerfully jumped onto the bed, flopping on it next to Arthur.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:43 am

As everyone is generally aware of, someone jumping onto your bed while you are asleep is not the most relaxing experience you may have - in fact, it will be one of your more jarring experiences than anything else. It should come as no surprise then that when Alfred decided to do a rather fine leap onto the bed and flop next to him, Arthur did not merely turn away and continue in his adventure of the land of dreams; instead, he woke up with a rather loud yelp and shot straight up out of bed.

He blinked profusely at Alfred on the bed next to him. "Alfred? Did you just... Jump onto my bed?"

Deciding that a reply was not necessarily in order, Arthur got off the bed and began to fumble around in his haversack for a set of fresh clothing. That reminds him... "I suppose we'll have to buy you some new clothes later. You've been wearing that since yesterday..." He quickly looked at Alfred. "Do you, mind leaving? I'd like to... Change. After that we'll head for the Council."

He almost forgot about the Council, honestly. Still. "I hope you have come to a decision you won't regret, Alfred." Arthur took a deep breath. "I'd like you to know that if we happen to part ways today, it was a pleasure to meet you."

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:52 am

Alfred looked down at his clothes. All worn and dirtily. But that didn’t bother him; he is a farm boy after all. Well he needed new clothes anyways, can’t be wearing the same thing everyday. It a bit gross. Alfred blinked when Arthur asked him to leave. To ‘Change’? …Oh. He quickly dashed out of the room and stood near the door. He didn’t look back in the room, not at all. He has to be polite and not stare at another man changing his clothes. Though had did before because he lived with other farm boys.

The Council? No, he never gave a single thought of what to answer. The voice that spoke to him said stay away from them. Should he believe it? Mother never did tell him she was a witch, but did she give up her magic? Alfred had no memories of parts of his childhood, since the first day he woke up in his room at the farm when he was eleven. Did she erase them? What’s wrong with his past? And what about a brother? Did he really have one in the outside world? Where is he then? Is he even alive? Maybe Alfred should say yes to the Council just for answers. Then what about Artie? Is he really not going to stick around?

A growl from his stomach interrupted his thoughts. Hungry, hadn’t eaten since yesterday morning. “Artie, hurry up. We need to eat breakfast.”

Alfred peeked in the room, seeing Arthur half-naked. Eye grew wide as a blush ran a cross his face. "N-Nevermind." He ran down stairs, passing by the man from last night.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 am

Arthur quickly slipped out of his old set of clothing in favour of a fresh set. At Alfred's urging, he hurried up his pace - besides, Ludwig should have made some wurst and maybe toast for breakfast. Hecate knows you needed something in your stomach before you face the Council. "I'm done!" he called out, but the door merely swung open to reveal Ludwig, who had what seemed to be an amused expression on his face.

"Your friend... Seemed rather eager for breakfast," he commented, raising an eyebrow.

"He didn't eat last night," was Arthur's short reply. "I suppose you did make breakfast?"

Ludwig had indeed made wurst with toast, some additional scrambled eggs and a generous heaping of mashed potato in a side dish. Arthur had sat down immediately and took some onto his own plate, quickly and quietly devouring the food - it was good, and he hadn't eaten such dishes in far too long a time.

Eventually he slowed down and decided to go through what was on today. Speaking of which, had he even introduced Alfred and Ludwig to each other?

"Alfred, this is Ludwig, my master's brother. Ludwig, this is Alfred. We're meeting the Council later to report some unrest in the area. After that... Well, we'll see."

"He need new clothes," Ludwig immediately supplied. "The Council won't really listen to someone who looked like they've been picked out of a barn."

"I realise that," Arthur retorted. "So today: get new clothes, go to Council... Am I missing anything? Any changes in Council policy?"

"Just a few." He speared a piece of wurst onto his fork. "More imposing rules on creatures of human sentience and shape-shifters - apparently something has been giving them trouble down south. Apparently they are now classified under 'things you can kill' - well, that's no surprise anymore. That list gets bigger and longer every time one looks at it. Another that might just concern you is that they're looking for more mages to join their ranks, so don't be surprised if they pester you about it."

"Noted duly." He got up, pushing his chair back. "Alright, let's get to it. We're going to make you look presentable, Alfred." He grinned at him.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Alfred quickly ate the breakfast the man made. He never had wurst before, it was really good. He finished before Arthur did, so he waited for him. So the man from last night name was Ludwig and he was Arthur’s master’s brother. Alfred just put a big goofy grin, on his face. For the rest of the conversation, he kept quiet. Not staring at the two nor looking down at his clothes.

At the store, he let Arthur pick his clothes to wear. Most of them were fancy suits, different than what he usually wore and they weren’t really conferrable. But he suck it up, randomly picked his new clothes, wore one of them then followed Arthur to the Council.

(gah, i'm sorry. i couldn't really think of anything much. partly blame one of my classes.))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat May 12, 2012 8:03 am

Shopping was not too much of a chore - Alfred seemed rather content with the choice in clothing that Arthur had and dare he say it, Arthur might have enjoyed himself slightly. He checked his coin purse - plenty of money in there, his life savings, mind you - and when satisfied with the amount of clothes he got for Alfred, they finally set off for the Council. 

(It might have been the last time Arthur spent time with Alfred anyway. No harm in splurging.)

The Council, although a small branch, was impressive in its own rights. The high marble ceiling arched above them while people swathed in white robes lined with red glided about the hall. Arthur could not stop his eyes from roaming over the scene, he had seen it only once before and it had not lost its awe. They strode up to the reception counter, where someone was waiting. 

"Welcome," the person said, examining her nails rather boredly. Arthur bit back an urge to snap at her. "Do you have an appointment?"

"I'm afraid not," he replied, eying her. Perhaps his stare can convey telepathically to her to 'show more respect for goodness' sake'. 

"Then I'm afraid you have to join the queue." The girl waves her hand at the amount of people huddled along the stone benches, the line winding up into the staircase even. Arthur sucks in a short breath. 

'Oh dear' did not even begin to cover it. They would be here for a long, long time. 

Once they managed to find the end of the line, Arthur found himself wondering. 

If Alfred decided to stay, well, Arthur would have to leave him. Perhaps he could stay with Ludwig even, instead of being shipped off to someplace too far. Arthur could come back and visit, when he pass by or after he found his master. 

The demon still concerned him greatly though. What if it came after Alfred? Arthur trusted the Council only for its administrative purposes - other than that? He was sceptical. There were two sides to everything, and the Council had its dark corners for all of its white walls and ceilings. No one could be fully trusted, not even... Alfred. 

He decided to ask him instead. "Alfred," he quietly voiced, "have you come to a decision?"

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Wed May 16, 2012 7:49 am

Alfred starred at Arthur; he still had not come up with answer. He was stuck between yes or no. If he said yes, he will have to stay here. If no… “O-Of course I came up with a decision, Artie” He lied grinning. Then he looked away, not really wanting to say anything else.

---

Waiting in this line was boring. Many hours waiting, Alfred asked ‘Are we there yet?’ probably annoying Arthur and other people in line. When it came around the time the sun started to set, Alfred and Arthur finally were at the front of the line. The farm boy stared the huge doors in front of them and gulped.
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 am

Arthur pinched the bridge of his nose, breathing in deeply. "No, Alfred," he replied. He shot an apologetic look at the woman in front of him, and turned back to his companion. "A few more people then it'll be our turn."

And when their turn came, he was glad indeed. They were ushered into a room, where an elderly wizard sat, peered at them and waved for the two to have a seat.

"What is your concern?" he inquired in a reedy voice after affording them all sorts of refreshments. (Arthur had respectfully declined.)

"My friend here was attacked by a demon two days again," he answered, and proceeded to relate the past few days' events. Arthur had a sinking suspicion to the cause of the long queue outside - the elderly man fell asleep listening to him more often than not, and by the time they finished Arthur was quite irritated. Epitome of efficiency, verily. 

The wizard pushed his glasses up for the umpteenth time. "We can offer your friend protection," he told them, "but you would have to go to our Fluorgis branch to file a request." Arthur scowled - the old fool probably did not believe them, and this was a ploy to make it seem more easy to drop their 'charade'. Fluorgis was the main capital.

Vertedge was on the way to Fluorgis.

"Thank you," he nodded stiffly, and made a quick exit out of the room before the old man could say anything else. Someone shoved a flyer for recruiting wizards into his hand, and finally broke into a tirade over the gross state of affairs in the branch once out of the premises. 

"Well then," he breathed, finally calming down. "What do you want to do? I can travel with you to Fluorgis, or you can stay with Ludwig and we'll figure something else out. What do you say, Alfred?"

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Farm Boy Alfred F Jones Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:58 pm

“I-I want to travel to Fluorgis with you, Artie.” Alfred quickly said. Thank god that creepy old man told them to go to Fluorgis. He just wanted to get very far away from the village where Mother was killed. It took them almost a day to Caledonia, but he still felt they were close to the village.

The farm boy did not want to go to another Council, not with that bad feeling since the dream. He does need someone to travel with him. Arthur seemed to want to travel to some village or city, so why not. Plus Artie needs a person to protect him too and Alfred was his hero. “Hey Artie, is there a place you want to go? If there is, lets go back to Ludwig and talk about it before leaving for our adventure!”

((I'm sorry, i took too long. faillllllll!))
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones
Farm Boy Alfred F Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3