Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell. - Page 2 Empty Re: You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

Post by Preffy~ Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 am

Arthur watched with narrowed eyes, as the Slytherin captain walked off. Alfred calling his final insults before turning back to his food. Slightly grimacing as he ate now. Arthur watched him a little longer before turning back to his tea. He wasn't well versed on pep talks when it concerned Quidditch, but since there was no one else currently available, he would have to say something.

“Listen, just ignore whatever that prat said, and you know… kick their arses on the field or in the air I guess, as my older brothers would say! Well, they wouldn't quite say that, but you get the idea...’’ He kind of drifted off and awkwardly patted Alfred on the shoulder, then returned to his tea.

The hall was starting to fill up now. A few Gryffindors were starting to crowd Alfred again, asking what the Slytherin captain had wanted. In the face of the ever adoring public, Arthur was amazed to see the childish pouting disappear, and the ever boastful laughter reappear. Comments like ‘it was nothing’ and 'like that guy has any hope of beating Gryffindor’, the comments gained cheers from the crowd. Another reason, Arthur could see, that Alfred was the recipient of that badge.

He caught a glance from Alfred and smiled.

Eventually, they were joined by others and more gossip about the minor confrontation was shared. More positive advice, not to let the little snake get to the Gryffindor captain. My, what an influence it was on people. Quidditch.

Sadly, that was not Arthur's area of expertise. The lessons, however, were. So, he began to look for their formidable head of house, who by now should have been giving out their timetable for the year.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell. - Page 2 Empty Re: You must be magical, because I've fallen under your spell.

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Suddenly, nothing seemed appealing to him, so he was eating because he had to - or he’d be falling asleep in the middle of the classes, and the year had just started - not because he wanted to. Maybe he should have challenged them to a duel, outside of the castle, maybe, where people wouldn’t see them, and the ones interested wouldn’t say a word about it. They were older though, and so they knew more spells, so probably, it wouldn’t have been a better idea either.

“Oh...” Alfred listened to Arthur and gave him a little smile. That was something he could do. He would teach them a lesson on the field, and would bring the cup to Gryffindor. “Thank you” With his spirits high again, he added. “I’ll make sure to beat them on the field, then!”

Even more people started crowding around him and cheering on him. People he had never talked to, and people from older years even, which made things great. His team too, supportive as they always were, started telling him how they would kick their asses.The Slytherins were still looking at them as if they were a plage, but he didn’t care about that, he only cared about the things that the people from his House said. While his peers trusted him, he’d do good.

“Yeah, it was nothing, don’t worry!” He said, grinning at everyone and allowing himself to feel proud and confident for a moment. Glancing at Arthur, he could see that he was smiling too, and that was everything he needed to be his usual self. He got a bit lost in the crowd surrounding him though, and the moment he looked away, the moment that Arthur disappeared, and he couldn’t see him, because a lot of the people around him were taller than him. Alfred had to wait until they seemed to be not interested enough and started leaving. Well, apparently, his life as a Captain would be like that forever.

After all of the things that happened in the middle of the breakfast, he had completely forgotten to get his schedule. It was when he finally spotted Arthur talking to their Head of House that he remembered. He rushed to where they were, and had to make his way through another crowd. Everyone was trying to get their schedules as well.

He had to wait for his turn, while Arthur was waiting for him too. After some minutes, he finally got his, and he excitedly turned to Arthur. “So, so?!” He looked at his schedule. “Do we have classes together? Something?!” He wished they did, even if Arthur was strict and wasn’t probably the easiest person to work with, they had been getting along pretty much. “Score! See, there’s DADA! And a couple more!”
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:43 am

Finally, Arthur had his schedule for the year. He was looking over it, as Alfred leant across and started comparing their lessons.

“Hmmm!” Arthur looked between both schedules, “Yes, DADA, Potions, Transfiguration and Charms. We're sharing quite a few lessons again. Except I have Ancient Runes of course” Arthur smiles and placed his schedule in his bag. He grabbed another piece of toast and munched on it quietly.

“Notice how they're throwing us in with the snakes again!” Someone said, from across the table.

“No doubt to try make us get along!”

“Well, again, they'll be in for a surprise won't they!”

Arthur sighed. Every year they had this conversation. “Potions should be wonderful as always” Arthur muttered to Alfred, sarcasm heavy in his voice. “Which I believe we have a double lesson of this morning!”

He knew there was going to be even more trouble this year. Alfred being the team captain and all. But no one would stand for it though, least of all Arthur. The confrontation only made him realize that this would happen more and more this year, and Alfred would need all the support he could get.

As breakfast was coming to an end, Arthur finished his tea and stood, preparing to make his way to their first double lesson of potions. He tapped Alfred on the shoulder to gain his attention, he was back to his normal chatty self again.

“I'm heading down to potions. I'll see you down there?” Off to the side, Arthur heard the muttering of 'why has he got to let Jones know all of a sudden?’ Arthur ignored them, as he smiled expectantly.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:10 am

Alfred grinned when he noticed all of the classed they had together. Not only that, but he had some classes with his friends too. He barely checked his schedule, but it seemed to be good enough, so he didn’t worry.

“Ancient Runes?” He tilted his head slightly, looking at him questioningly when Arthur mentioned that class. “What do you even learn in Ancient Runes?” He wasn’t trying to be insulting or anything, but there were classes he’d never understand. Those in which you supposedly got to know your fate, especially. As if there was something like destiny, people made their own destiny, and he wasn’t going to let anyone tell him otherwise! “I guess... it is a class you’d take though.” Chuckling, he gave Arthur a couple of pats in his shoulder.

Well, everything was going just as planned for him! Or so he thought. He was sure it was going to be an amazing year, until he heard what his friends and Arthur were saying. Alfred checked his schedule again. There was no way he could have missed--

He had missed it.

“Seriously? With the snakes again? And even more, in Potions!” Potions was definitely not one of his best classes. He was better at DADA, or even Charms, but not Potions. It wasn’t as he didn’t like the class, because it was something needed to be an Auror, but if he didn’t have to take it, he wouldn’t. “Yeah, it’s going to be just perfect.” He said, also with a sarcastic tone of voice.

His teammates completely agreed with him. It was like a generalized feeling between the Gryffindors. And well, actually, the Slytherins most probably wouldn’t like having classes with Gryffindors either. Those houses were better separated, because when they were together, it always meant trouble. All of the talking about the Potions class they shared with their sort of nemesis almost made him forget of Arthur. He only realized he had left him alone when Arthur tapped him on the shoulder.

“Oh! Sure!” He answered, giving him a bright smile. “I’ll just grab one more cupcake and I’ll see you there!”

When Alfred realized the time, he was already running late. For his luck, the teacher arrived just when he did too. Getting late to Potions in his first day could have ruined the rest of his year. While the professor wasn’t so bad in comparison to others - Slughorn was definitely better in Alfred’s opinion, and he was one of the few Slytherins he liked - he didn’t want to get on his bad side. He was already elitist, and Alfred wasn’t one of his favourite students, so it was better if he stayed on his good side.

“Artie!” He walked to one of the few spots left, that was right behind Arthur and sat there. Some of the Slytherins were already making faces at him, or whispering things, with all the intention to make him angry, but Alfred wasn’t going to give them the pleasure so he just decided to ignore it.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 am

It would have been nice to explain about Ancient Runes, the complexity of the lesson made it Arthur's favourite, but the discussion about the lessons seemed to take his attention. Maybe another time. Arthur instead looked on in amusement as Alfred's mood dropped the thought of sharing lessons with the Slytherins again,

‘oh well, we should be used to it by now', he thought.

Alfred mentioned about grabbing one last cupcake before heading down, Arthur tutted, “You'll be late if you don't stop eating.” His comment made no impact, he shook his head and followed his friends, who were by now calling him.

They were among some of the first to arrive at the class, the door not yet open. So the students stood along the wall, awaiting the professor. Some students were complaining that the door should just be left open.

“Yes, right. Because a potions professor is stupid enough to leave his classroom open, where a bunch of idiot students have access to everything” Arthur muttered, a girl near him overheard him and giggled.

The professor was almost late when he appeared, rushing through the crowd, calling for calm. The door was opened and everyone bustled inside. Arthur found a seat and set out everything he needed, he then heard his name called, so turned around and saw Alfred setting at the seat behind him.

“Hey, that last cupcake nearly made you late huh?” Arthur grinned, Alfred wasn't late so he wouldn't berate him, this time! It was at that point the professor called for quiet, Arthur liked him, he knew how to keep all students attention on him, like he commanded respect. And if ever a student wasn't paying attention, he knew immediately.

After a brief talk from the professor about the OWLS this year and warning of much homework and studying to be expected this year (Arthur noted a few groans from the students), the instructions for todays potion was on the board, and so the students were told to set to work.

Arthur started to work chopping up some roots, a conversation between two giggling girls in front of him kept distracting him, every year… he seemed to get the gigglers sat by him.

“Did you hear, in sixth year they show Amortentia?”
“ I know, I heard. I can't wait for sixth year!”
“Me either, What do you think it'll smell like?”
“Oh I don't know, fresh air-”

Fresh air, really? Arthur tuned out of the conversation at that point. Sixth year would be a nightmare. He heard laughing from behind him and turned to face the ever grinning face of Alfred Jones?

Arthur asked a simple question: “Problem?”

Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Alfred had been really lucky that time. He couldn't even believe his luck. Well, partial luck, considering he still had to stand a whole class with the snakes, which was already bad. For a moment, he thought the professor would tell him something (something that would make the Slytherins laugh at him, because the tradition said that Slytherins were good at potions), but he didn’t really tell him anything, maybe because he had almost been late too.

He heard Arthur’s question, and Alfred wouldn't usually blame his food, but that cupcake was the only thing he could blame at that moment, so he did. "It wasn’t my fault! The cupcake was so far away in the table, I didn’t think it’d take me so long!” Of course it was just an excuse, but it was good enough for Alfred. He knew he should try to get early to classes anyway, or at least to the classes he had with the Slytherins, so he could gain more points for his House.

The chat didn’t last much longer, because then the professor started talking, and everyone knew it was better to listen to him. Sometimes there were people who didn’t pay attention, but that professor usually told them off in front of the whole class. The worst part of it was that he never hesitated deducting points from all the Houses. It was almost scary. As scary as it was hearing about the O.W.L.S. Did the professors really have to repeat it all of the time?

The worst part came when the professor stopped talking though. When they had to start doing the practice and try to prepare the potion. Almost knowing what could happened, Arthur asked him if he had a problem. Well... Alfred didn’t want to be so obvious about it, but maybe it was just that Arthur knew him well.

“Problem? I don’t know what you’re talking about, Artie~” He said, still grinning and basically not doing anything. Potions was definitely one of his worst classes. He managed usually, but it was never impressive enough. He could ask Arthur for some help, but that would be totally not cool, (and heroes don’t ask for help!) so he didn’t. When Arthur turned back to his things, he started watching what he was doing. Maybe if he looked at him for enough time, he copy Arthur’s ability.

...but that didn’t really work.

And the professor gave him a look. If looks could kill... He started cutting some roots, not really knowing what he was doing, he was just following the book’s instructions. When he noticed that his chopped ingredients looked really different from the book’s pictures, he finally did what he should have done since the start.

“Artieeee~” He poked his back, whining. Looking around, he made sure that none of the Slytherins could hear them. “Artie, come on, tell me how you did that...” He told him, admitting that he didn’t know what to do. It wasn’t cheating, right? He was just asking for help.

It took quite a lot of explaining from Arthur, but Alfred could manage to finish the exercise on time. It hadn’t been the best, but apparently, the professor was pretty satisfied with Arthur’s potion, to the point of giving him 5 points for Gryffindor.

“This is acceptable, Kirkland, now, if the rest of your Housemates were like you...” The professor looked at Alfred, and the blonde gave him a half hearted smile. Some of the other Gryffindors cheered for Arthur (even if they didn’t like him, points were points), and the Slytherins were glaring at him.

“Dude, that was awesome!” Said Alfred, at the end of the class. “No wonder why you’re a Prefect, huh?” He grinned at him. He felt a little bit jealous, because he liked to have everyone’s attention, but he was still proud of Arthur, and glad that Gryffindor got points in their first class.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am

Arthur had smiled with pride at receiving points on the first lesson, ignoring the expected glares. The lesson had ended well, and outside Alfred praised him also. The shock of not being branded the ‘know it all', wore off soon after.

He chuckled a little. “It's partly reason why I'm prefect.” A small frown on Alfred's face caught his attention before it was replaced with a grin again. Was he worried? “Alfred, if you need advice on cutting roots, how do you expect to survive OWLS?”

It was at this point that Arthur thought that maybe Alfred being made captain this year was a bad idea. Arthur frowned at him with concern as he thought, what they thinking assuming Alfred could handle both tasks. Most students had a mental breakdown this year simply due to their exams. Alfred would have to handle that and people harassing him for Quidditch.

Alfred was going to need a lot of help this year, Arthur thought.

A second later, a group of Slytherin boys shoved past, pushing him into Alfred. He grabbed Alfred's sleeve as he stumbled into him.

“Oi, 10 points from Slytherin for that!” He yelled after the group. He turned back to Alfred, his hand still gripping his sleeve, he blushed when he realized and quickly let go. “Sorry. Bloody Slytherins.”
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 am

Alfred did consider Arthur as a 'know it all', if he had to be honest, but it wasn't a bad thing (he just enjoyed teasing him). It would only be if Arthur was in another house, but he was in Gryffindor, so he was happy for their house and for him. It was obvious that he would do good in the O.W.L.s, maybe even better than most of the Ravenclaws.

He blushed slightly when he was caught. "W-what?! No, no! I can totally cut the roots!" He said, but he was lying. Potions was his worst class, the class that he was sure he would fail without help. He didn't dislike it, but he usually had had that class with Slytherins, so he paid more attention to whatever they were doing than paying attention to the class. No wonder why the teacher didn't like him.

He was doing okay in his other classes though, especially in DADA. DADA was probably his best class, followed by Charms. It was what intertested him the most after all. With all the protection spells and counterattacks he had learned in those classes, he would be an awesome Auror.

(If he didn't fail Potions, at least.)

Suddenly, Arthur was pushed against him, and he didn't notice what had happened until he heard the Prefect yelling at the group of Slytherins who had done that. He had instinctively grabbed Arthur by his arms, holding him there. It took him a couple of seconds to realize the position they were in, and he blushed as well.

"Heh... don't worry, it was their fault". He said, scratching his hair. It had been a good excuse to take points from Slytherin.

"Mister Jones, I'm sure you already know that you won't get anywhere if you don't meet my expectations, right?" Said the Potions professor, when he found Alfred and Arthur in the halls. When did he even get there?! He was sure he saw him in the classroom just a few seconds ago.

"Uh... yes?" He answered, unsure. Of course he knew, but the professor shouldn't threaten him!

"Good, then. Now go to your next class, Mister Jones, I don't want to find you slacking as usual". Said the professor, before turning around and leaving them alone. Well, definitely it wasn't the best start of the year.

Alfred glanced at Arthur. He was good at Potions. He could ask for some help, not only at class, but after classes as well. He knew he needed it, but his pride was sometimes a hindrance.

"Artie..." He trailed off. Maybe it wasn't as bad and he would just need to study more. Ugh, study. If he didn't want to be an Auror so badly, he wouldn't. "Uh... you have a different class next period, right?" He decided not to tell him what was worrying him, even if he wanted the help. He wasn't sure if he wished that Arthur understood what he wanted or not.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

Arthur straightened his already perfect robes, his face still slightly red. As he did so, he listened to Alfred and the professor's conversation. Already he was being warned of his grades. If he didn't pass the Potions O.W.L, he lost his chance of being an Auror. Everyone already knew how unfair this professor was to Alfred.

Well, as a Prefect, Arthur wasn't to let that happen. The wizarding world needed Aurors to protect it from dark wizards. Arthur would give any help he could, to make sure they wizarding world had more people like protecting it.

“…..different class next period, right?"

Arthur turned his attention back, he had been glaring at the Slytherin's up ahead who were calling back at him, Alfred seemed to be in low spirits after the berating from the professor.

“Um, yes. Ancient Runes for me. What about you?” They had starting walking away from the potions class, Arthur kept a polite conversation, all the while wondering if he should offer any help. Part of him thought Alfred would just laugh at him and say something along the lines of…. "heroes don't need help, Artie or some nonsense like that. Well.. What would it hurt….

“Alfred, before you go, um in regards to potions. If I can help, just ask alright? I know you probably don't think you need any help, seeing as you turn down any offer of help you get but,” He had began to rant, “ maybe a little help won't hurt! I won't give you the answers, mind you, you will have to actually work. Even if the thought does horrify you!”

Well, he wasn't about to completely nice to him was he?

“Just think about it. My offer is always there.” Feeling slightly awkward, Arthur waved a little as he left to go join the others for his Ancient Runes class.

(( YES. I update. Finally. ouo I know. I'm mostly back. But you know what's going on and yeah ,.. ouo so yeah, post for you, my oh so wonderful dear))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:48 am

Alfred had already lost his chance to ask Arthur to help him in Potions, but oh well, he couldn't do anything about it. It would be embarrassing if some of the Slytherins noticed he needed help in something, especially in the class they always seem to be good at. That's what had holded him back to ask the professor for help, or anyone, really. Had he taken that class with Hufflepuffs or even Ravenclaws, he would have asked them about the lessons he didn't completely understand. It was pointless to keep dwelling on that though, he was with the snakes again, so he'd just have to try his best... if that was enough.

"Uh..." Alfred checked his schedule again, to make sure he wasn't wrong. "Oh, right! I have Muggle Studies next period." Muggle Studies was one of his favourite classes, and he was usually good at it, because he had lived as a muggle for some years, before his mom told him that everyone in that family, except his dad, was a wizard. Also, it let him keep his videogames (for academic interests of course!), with the excuse that he was going to study them.

He followed Arthur through the corridors until they had to separate and go to their own classes. He didn't expect them to talk about what had happened before again. He had even forgot about it, after they started talking about other things, so it was surprising for him when Arthur offered his help.

What could he say now? Of course it was easier if he got help from one of is fellow Gryffindors, and it was kind of obvious that Arthur was really good at Potions (or most of his classes, actually), but that would mean admitting that he needed help. Badly. If he could at least offer something in exchange, he would feel better about it. But what? Arthur was a Prefect, and damn good at most of his classes. Maybe DADA, but it wasn't like Arthur was bad at it, on the other hand, he was good, Alfred was just more interested in that class.

At the end, he didn't have the time to give Arthur an answer, but well, the offer was there. Now, to get the courage to ask for it would be another problem.

"Uh, oh... okay..." He mumbled, and waved back, walking to his other class.

Muggle Studies was alright. Alfred was already friends with the professor, and he never had troubles with that class. He wished that it was one of the classes needed to be an Auror, it would make things easier for him, but well, nothing he could do about that.

He now had his break, and he made sure to enjoy it throughly. Meaning he went back to his common room to rest a bit. He'd need to make the schedules for the tryouts and the practices, but he could think about that later. It had been a tiring day, and it wasn't even over.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Wed May 02, 2012 8:21 am

Ancient Runes always proved to be a most fascinating class. Arthur always left with a mind full of new knowledge and a content feeling of having worked hard, there were certain classes he considered a total waste of time and wondered how students could tolerate the boredom of those classes.

Although he already had homework set for his Ancient Runes class (it was the start of a small ton to come their way, he considered), he settled down for a small snack before heading back to the dorm rooms to get his books for the next classes. He was in the middle of a conversation when he felt something was missing, he was sat with his friends, had his book bag by his side. He shrugged if off and continued his conversation.

“I'll see you at the next class”…… “No, I'm not going looking for Jones, we're not best mates all of a sudden!”

Arthur left the group with a huff, throughout Ancient Runes they had been mocking him for his offer of help. He never thought his friends would be so childish over something.

He arrived at the common room door and gave the password (Well, as soon as the fat lady would allow, she was too busy talking at first), he hurried up the stairs muttering to himself about the fat lady (‘what was the point guarding a door if you never paid attention'). Upon entering their dorm room, he briefly noticed Alfred asleep on his own bed, he headed over to his bed and grabbed his books for the next lesson.

“Alfred, you're missing lunch you know!” He said, loudly. Packing the required books into his bag. Honestly, two lessons down and he was already tired, he wouldn't survive this year at all. “You should go and eat something before next lesson starts. Transfiguration you know, you really want to fall asleep during Professor McGonagall's class?”
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Fri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Alfred hadn't noticed when he fell asleep, mostly because he didn't expect falling asleep. He had just wanted to rest for a little bit and then go get some food, not completely fall asleep. Maybe he had been that tired without noticing it. It had been a long day after all, dealing with the Slytherins and the Potions professor. It was good that Arthur woke him up, or he would have missed lunch! And that's one of his favourite times of the day!

(Yes. It was because he got food, and food was always important for him.)

"...huh?" He was a bit disoriented when he woke up. "Oh! A-artie! Thanks man... anyway!" Alfred scratched the back of his neck and chuckled. "Have you eaten something? Because, I mean, we could go get something together. You said it, we must eat something before our next class!"

He didn't even wait for Arthur's answer, because he was already dragging him through the corridors, to the Great Hall. Arthur was right. He couldn't really keep himself awake if he didn't have lunch. Actually, all of the times when he didn't get breakfast or something, he had ended up falling asleep and the professors, while used to that, always told him to wake up and pay attention, sometimes they even took points from Gryffindor.

"Pff... thanks, Artie, I didn't even noticed when I fell asleep, guess I didn't have enough food this morning, huh?" Chuckling, he stepped into the Great Hall. Some people were still eating, and there was enough food for both of them. The only bad thing was that people were staring at them. They had shared the train cabin, had been together during breakfast, and now were together again during lunch. It was going to make everyone suspicious, but knowing Hogwarts, they were going to forget about it in a few days, until there was something more interesting to pay attention to.

Alfred didn't care much about that though. They could think whatever they wanted. It wasn't as if they had decided to eat together, it had just happened. It was a simple coincidence, a good one, but a coincidence anyway. Alfred had better things to think about, like food, food was important. And he had almost missed lunch, so he wasn't going to throw away the chance to eat something.

Lunch went fine, except for the stares, but Alfred thought he might as well get used to them. Some of his friends had joked about how he suddenly became Arthur's best friend, but it was only that, just some pointless jokes, nothing to worry about. They weren't best friends after all.

(( Sorry for the delay ;w; I had midterms and then I got sick :'D I'm still sick actually, so I'm sorry if this post is crappy >> ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Thu May 17, 2012 10:35 am

Arthur was pretty sure Alfred hadn't heard his shouts of protest as he dragged him from Gryffindor tower to the great hall. Protests and curses flew from his mouth as Alfred continued to ignore him, and continued to happily drag him along. The two of them gathering attention as they walked past. Well, why would they not!

Lunch break still wasn't quite over and many of the students were still eating, one Alfred Jones included. “Hmm, well try not to fall asleep next lesson eh? I don't think McGonagall will appreciate it too much again! Especially this year” He shook his head and sipped at his tea, choosing not to eat again. He snorted in thought that he bet anything Jones would be the first one to crack with all the work and exams.

Well… unless he accepted Arthur's offer of help.

Instead he got to watch Alfred shovel in food as if it were going to disappear from the world. He frowned a little in disgust, “Oh that reminds me, please can you hurry and deal with the Quidditch try outs. Four more people asked about it in my Ancient Runes class!”

((Don't worry about it dear ;u; How did your midterms go? ;u; You rest and get better okay? <3<3 ))
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Wed May 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Alfred tried to eat as much food as he could, while he still had time. Lunch wasn't over yet, but it was going to be in a few minutes, so he better hurried up. And like Arthur said, he didn't want to fall asleep in McGonagall's class. She was the professor in charge of their House, and for the same reason, one of the few professors he'd hate to let down.

(And she had supported him as a Captain, so he wanted to prove her she made the right choice.)

"Don't worry~ I slept enough! And now that I got food, I should be fine." He said, nodding effusively. "I don't think McGonagall would let us fall asleep anyway. I think she would come to our seats and surprise us right when we were going to fall asleep." Chuckling, he then smiled at Arthur. It might be too overconfident from him to think that he'd be fine, but overconfidence didn't exist in Alfred's vocabulary.

"Oh true! Don't worry, I'll probably get to that tonight, I wanted to get some work done now, but you saw what happened." He grinned at him. "I'm sure I'll have it done tomorrow, and I could start telling people, and well, show everything to you and the other Prefects." Alfred might not be so good being responsible and that, but it was a completely different matter when it came to Quidditch and their team.

"Woah, it's getting late, we should go now!" Some other Gryffindors were already heading to their next class, including some of Arthur's friends, as he noticed. "You should probably go with them, it seems that they're waiting for you." He said, knowing that Arthur's friends were giving them weird glances.

It was until a couple of minutes later that Alfred walked out of the Great Hall, getting just in time to Transfiguration. He could be in time if he wanted, after all. The class started as usual. McGonagall was a strict but fun teacher, once you got to know her better so Alfred didn't usually have complains about that class.
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Mon May 28, 2012 2:02 am

“You're right. I'll see you in class then.” Arthur smiled and picked up his book bag and made to leave. “Oh and you don't have to show anything to do with Quidditch to the prefects you know. If you need help already, you're in trouble!”

The smile had turned into a smirk as he left, his friends were sniggering as he joined them. Clearly they heard the last part of the conversation.

Transfiguration was tougher this year. Like the previous lessons McGonagall stressed how important this year was going to be, and promised much homework upon the students (not like that wasn't expected). The class that followed involved turning things into teapots. Arthur managed the task before the end of the lesson, as a few others in the lesson did.

The only other thing of great interest that had the class in giggles was someone's teapot still having legs and crawling around the table. That student was assigned the homework of detailing what exactly went wrong. The others weren't exactly spared and had to write step by step of getting the spell correct.

The end of the first day of lessons eventually came and Arthur, along with probably most other fifth year, returned to the common room with more than enough homework. And first round of Prefect duties to do after dinner.

His school robes and sweater were left upstairs, as he returned back to the common room with his bag of homework. He sighed and sat on one of desks to get started before dinner. More and more people were returning the common room and the noise level going up to annoying standards... the library was seeming like the best idea.
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Alfred was left pouting after Arthur told him it wasn't necessary that he showed them anything at all. He hadn't meant that he needed help though! He just thought that it would be awesome to work together, and receive some feedback, stuff like that. Apparently it was a bad idea though, snd now he had people laughing at him. Oh well, he would show Arthur and the others that he could manage alone, and that he would make a good job.

That was the only reason why he was in such a dreadful place like the library. He didn't like the library, it was usually too quiet or too full of Ravenclaws, and people he didn't get along with. Alfred wasn't one of those hardworking students who wanted to get good grades at everything, so he didn't go to the library unless it was necessary. Now was one of those moments, where it was necessary to go check some books and get ideas from them. It wasn't so bad though, because he was reading about one of his passions, and it was always interesting to get tips about Quidditch, or to know the lives of those great players he always admired.

He had gone straight from the dinner to the library, and looked for a secluded place, where people wouldn't look at him, because they would start talking - Alfred Jones in the library? No way! - One would expect that people would be pleased that he was working hard, but it was the opposite when it came to his friends.

But things didn't happen like he wanted to, because after a few minutes, he heard steps coming closer and closer. Damn. Alfred was surprised (or was he? Should it be surprising?) when he noticed it was only Arthur who was walking towards his place. He was carrying a lot of books in his arms too, and what seemed to be part of their homework.

(Oh, right. They had homework.)

"Oh, hey, Artie~" He said, in a low tone of voice, because he didn't want to have the librarian telling him to shut up.

Alfred quickly gathered his books and his notes to make space for Arthur and grinned at him. "Sooo... I guess things were too loud for Mister I-don't-stand-noises?"
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:01 am

"Sooo... I guess things were too loud for Mister I-don't-stand-noises?"

~

That day in the library had set off a line of events. Arthur had barely answered Alfred, continuing on with the homework and glancing up at the books keeper. But still Alfred had continued to talk, clearly ignoring Arthur’s glares directed at him. Even ignoring the ‘please be quiet and work’ comment Arthur hissed at him every five minutes.

But it had soon become quite obvious why he was muttering away. He had barely written anything on the parchment and only continued twiddling his quill as he talked on. Arthur had finally stopped his own writing and gave him a pointed look, folded his hands together and asked if he was trouble with this particular essay.

That question had started a whole conversation about the O.W.L’s and all the homework that was surely going to get worse. Arthur wouldn’t admit that he, himself, thought he would get overwhelmed by it all in the end and so he agreed… a deal of sorts, with Alfred. Arthur didn’t like to admit he had any weaknesses at Hogwarts… in any of his classes. But he had one. Going all the way back to his first year (and probably before that…since even before Hogwarts, he’d preferred reading). That bloody first flying lesson… It wasn’t that he couldn’t do it, it was just that he wasn’t brilliant at it.

So their deal became simple. A little coaching in flying for help with homework. Something that he knew he would regret further down the line.

~

That was weeks ago now, and the school year was in full swing. The homework and talks about O.W.Ls coming as much as he had expected, but in preparation for today, homework was done and Arthur stood on the field looking up at a newly put together Gryffindor Quidditch team.

Arthur wasn’t sure what was to happen today. If any lesson at all, but still, here he sat looking up and waiting for this particular practice to end.

(( Okay *7*… long time in waiting. I kinda time skipped as I said I would, But I just wanted to get it restarted.. And can just go from there. Let me know of any ideas =w= <3~ )
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryffindor Alfred Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am

Alfred wasn't sure why he had been surprised when Arthur asked him to coach him in flying. It was quite obvious that Arthur didn't spend much time in the air. In fact, one of the few times that Alfred had seen him flying was in the flying lessons back in first year. Since then, he was sure he hadn't seen him flying again. But he had imagined Arthur to be one of those guys who was apparently good at everything, so it was hard to imagine him being bad at flying.

Their little deal made things easier though. He would coach Arthur in exchange for help with homework (and potions, especially potions). It was a win/win situation, nothing to lose, because even if his friends saw him studying with Arthur, he could say that it was part of the deal and they wouldn't tease him much, or so he hoped.

For his luck, things did happen how he expected and his friends didn't notice his absence every time he went to the library. It helped that he always gave them the same excuse too, too busy dealing with the Quidditch team (which was true, until a certain point). That usually made everyone shut up because nobody wanted to distract him when it came to the team. Everyone wanted Gryffindor to win the cup, and if it meant that Alfred didn't have that much time as before, it was worth it.

Which is how he was now at the Quidditch field, practicing with his teammates the new moves that he had found in some books. They had a strict schedule, but the good thing was that almost everyone in the team was commited to their goal.

An hour later, the practice finished and Alfred told everyone to go to their rooms and rest. They had a game soon, and he couldn't afford anyone getting sick. He stayed on the field though, and grinned at Arthur after everyone was gone.

"So... were you here the whole time?" He asked him. "Because I guess watching us play could help you too." Chuckling, he accio'd his broom again. "Ready?"

(( Sorry for the delay, finding my Alfred muse again, after this whole time was hard XD ))
Gryffindor Alfred
Gryffindor Alfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Preffy~ Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 am

Even though Arthur was exactly an avid follower of Quidditch, it was quite an amazing thing to watch the team practice and everyone begin working together for the year. He, like every other student of Gryffindor, wished to see their house win the house cup.

When the hour was up, he saw the team making it's way back down to the ground. Even as the team made their way back to the school, Arthur kept his distance until everyone was gone. Many people were still giving him strange looks for the amount of time they were seen together this term. So after everyone was gone, Arthur made his way over to Alfred.

“Yes, I was watching. It was um, quite impressive to watch” He offered with a small smile “But it's hardly unlikely I'll ever play Quidditch”

Arthur eyed the summoned broom with a weary eye. He still didn't quite trust them. Years of them not behaving how he wanted them to had had a hand in that.

“Are-Are you sure now is a good time?” Well, that answered the 'ready?’ question. “I mean surely you wish for a break or..?”

((Hurhur... know how that feels XDDD )
Preffy~
Preffy~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2